North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(21 Sep 2016, 5:22 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Most informative regarding the Durham changes.

Half of them just say 'Text'!!
PB0002032/534 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: St James
Finish Point: Monkseaton
Via:
Service Number: 900
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 25-SEP-2016
Other Details: Metro Replacement Service
(21 Sep 2016, 8:38 pm)Cock Robin wrote [ -> ]Half of them just say 'Text'!!

All of them have been updated now.
Of course the X24 using a sapphire vehicle is code for it only carries fresh air and now it will stop even less so pick up even fewer passengers, so it'll get 1595/1517/1479 because they're smaller and cheaper.
(22 Sep 2016, 10:14 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Of course the X24 using a sapphire vehicle is code for it only carries fresh air and now it will stop even less so pick up even fewer passengers, so it'll get 1595/1517/1479 because they're smaller and cheaper.
In my experiences with the X24, it'll often only stop at Durham Bus Station, sometimes the odd other stop like Framwellgate Moor, Chester-le-Street and Birtley.

Looking on Traveline, X24 will still leave Durham Bus Station at the same time's (09:10 then every 2 hours) but returns now leave MetroCentre at 10:11 then every 2 hours.

In my opinion, double deckers haven't been required on the X24 ever since they curtailed the service in Durham.
(22 Sep 2016, 10:28 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]In my experiences with the X24, it'll often only stop at Durham Bus Station, sometimes the odd other stop like Framwellgate Moor, Chester-le-Street and Birtley.

Looking on Traveline, X24 will still leave Durham Bus Station at the same time's (09:10 then every 2 hours) but returns now leave MetroCentre at 10:11 then every 2 hours.

In my opinion, double deckers haven't been required on the X24 ever since they curtailed the service in Durham.

I think the service has been pretty much wound down into oblivion, anyhow. Not many not using cross provider passes or tickets are going to choose that over the twice as frequent with infinitely more options on a day ticket if it doesn't materialise X22.
(22 Sep 2016, 10:43 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]I think the service has been pretty much wound down into oblivion, anyhow. Not many not using cross provider passes or tickets are going to choose that over the twice as frequent with infinitely more options on a day ticket if it doesn't materialise X22.
Ever since they changed it to the timetable it has now back in 2012 it has started to decrease in passenger numbers, first you lost the Bishop Auckland - Durham section in that set of changes and although the service was more infrequent, it ran more journeys back then, after that it just started to decrease further still as to begin with it was daily but when the peak time X19 service went the distance, the weekday X24 went with it as I believed there was some interworking although it continued to run in the school holidays, shortly after that GNE changed the X22 so all journeys ran to Durham as they do now, the weekday school holiday and Sunday journeys then went the distance as well, leaving it to Saturday Service only although the Sunday times were the same as the rest of the week which was daft given that the first journey arrived at 09:52 and the shops don't properly open until 11am. These days you could get away with Solo's on the X24.
(22 Sep 2016, 10:55 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Ever since they changed it to the timetable it has now back in 2012 it has started to decrease in passenger numbers, first you lost the Bishop Auckland - Durham section in that set of changes and although the service was more infrequent, it ran more journeys back then, after that it just started to decrease further still as to begin with it was daily but when the peak time X19 service went the distance, the weekday X24 went with it as I believed there was some interworking although it continued to run in the school holidays, shortly after that GNE changed the X22 so all journeys ran to Durham as they do now, the weekday school holiday and Sunday journeys then went the distance as well, leaving it to Saturday Service only although the Sunday times were the same as the rest of the week which was daft given that the first journey arrived at 09:52 and the shops don't properly open until 11am. These days you could get away with Solo's on the X24.

The X24 is one of the most 'annoying' services that we do.  It seems to be completely unpredictable.  One week you may pick no-one up, yet the next week you could have a full load.  A few weeks ago I was coaxed into starting work early to do an X24 because 'you won't pick many up', yet ended up taking over £100, so who knows what goes on with that service.
Allocation Changes -
X14 is now allocated 2x Wright Gemini, and 7517
X20 is now allocated 2x Wright Gemini and 4653/9
1. PB0002717/431 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Trimdon Village and Bishop Auckland College given service number 870 effective from 02-Oct-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.
Next week:

PB0002717/30 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham and Bishop Auckland given service number 56/56A effective from 03-Oct-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/239 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Middlesbrough and Durham given service number X12 effective from 03-Oct-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/256 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham and Hartlepool given service number 57/57A effective from 03-Oct-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/258 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham and Cockfield given service number 6 effective from 03-Oct-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/290 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Darlington and Durham given service number 7 effective from 03-Oct-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/293 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham and Brasside given service number 62 effective from 03-Oct-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/381 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham and Whitesmocks given service number 61 effective from 03-Oct-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/382 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham and Sunderland given service number 22 effective from 03-Oct-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/383 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham and Hartlepool given service number 24/24X effective from 03-Oct-2016. To amend Route.
North road works?
(30 Sep 2016, 10:49 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]North road works?
I would assume so, judging by the services that have registration changes as all of those go down North Road and Millburngate (7 only does on weekday morning peak times) and the works start Monday.
(30 Sep 2016, 11:10 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I would assume so, judging by the services that have registration changes as all of those go down North Road and Millburngate (7 only does on weekday morning peak times) and the works start Monday.

Details available on Arriva's site here.
PB0002032/535 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Starting Point: Longbenton
Finish Point: Manors
Via:
Effective Date: 08-OCT-2016
(06 Oct 2016, 2:11 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]PB0002032/535 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Starting Point: Longbenton
Finish Point: Manors
Via:
Effective Date: 08-OCT-2016

Operating Four Lane Ends to North Shields on Saturday and Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(06 Oct 2016, 8:03 pm)MrPottski wrote [ -> ]Operating Four Lane Ends to North Shields on Saturday and Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certain early morning and final buses run to Longbenton/Manors.
Random question regarding the upcoming timetable for the X21 Sunderland - Darlington:

Is there a particular reason why the last two journeys between Sunderland - Newton Aycliffe on a night terminate at Newton Aycliffe at St. Clares Church on Central Avenue rather than Churchill House (the main Newton Aycliffe Town Centre stop?) http://www.cartogold.co.uk/durham/pdf/Fo...NE_X21.pdf
Do you use Service 5/5A within Brotton & Skelton? Or are you a regular user of Service X3/X4? We've got a short constultation survey that we'd love some feedback from our passengers on!

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/eastcleveland
(21 Oct 2016, 10:11 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Do you use Service 5/5A within Brotton & Skelton? Or are you a regular user of Service X3/X4? We've got a short constultation survey that we'd love some feedback from our passengers on!

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/eastcleveland

Nice to see possible improvements. Wonder what wild and wonderful suggestions they get?!