North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(19 Sep 2015, 1:40 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]X66/X67 timetable now back online and more-or-less correct
EDIT: And the S1 is back up

One thing that really annoys me about that X66/X67 timetable is that they've put Hartburn above Harrowgate Hill and Great Burdon on Middlesbrough bound journeys so the evening X66 journeys that run via Hartburn have the times in the wrong order, so it goes Darlington at 20:30, Hartburn 20:52 then Harrowgate Hill at 20:38 and Great Burdon at 2043!
(19 Sep 2015, 10:11 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]One thing that really annoys me about that X66/X67 timetable is that they've put Hartburn above Harrowgate Hill and Great Burdon on Middlesbrough bound journeys so the evening X66 journeys that run via Hartburn have the times in the wrong order, so it goes Darlington at 20:30, Hartburn 20:52 then Harrowgate Hill at 20:38 and Great Burdon at 2043!

The timetables are generated by the website - not an actual person.
(20 Sep 2015, 9:31 am)RobinHood wrote [ -> ]The timetables are generated by the website - not an actual person.

Must be programmed by a person.
They are generated from a file that is uploaded to the website.

How the website interprets the data is not manually controlled.
PB0002032/356 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Hartley Square and Astley High School given service number 295 effective from 11-Oct-2015.

PB0002032/370 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Ashington and Bedlington Station given service number 34 effective from 11-Oct-2015.

PB0002032/514 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Ashington
Finish Point: Woodhorn Museum
Via:
Service Number: WW1
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 12-SEP-2015
Other Details: Special Event at Woodhorn Museum

Services 295 and 34, which were operated under Running Board 34A will be cancelled and replaced by Go North East's 434 and 295 service.
Official Press Releases:

Service X66/7: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/u...ober-2015/

Services 2, 19, X75/6: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/u...arlington/

There are also images on the home page of the website that link to the new S1 and X66/7 timetables.
(25 Sep 2015, 4:39 pm)peter wrote [ -> ]Official Press Releases:

Service X66/7: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/u...ober-2015/

Services 2, 19, X75/6: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/u...arlington/

There are also images on the home page of the website that link to the new S1 and X66/7 timetables.

Good to hear that they are changing the timetable for the 2 on Sundays as I've often seen it running late at times on a Sunday since they merged the 2/11 although I wonder if part of the problem was the change of allocation from Solos to EcoCitys.

Always thought when they changed the 19 that it should have at least served the roundabout at High Grange like the 16 used to do years ago, infact the Scarlet Band 16A does this now. Should be intresting to see how Pulsars will U-turn at the roundabout at High Grange, Optare Metroriders and Solos can get round them fine but not sure what it will be like on a Pulsar.
(25 Sep 2015, 4:52 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Good to hear that they are changing the timetable for the 2 on Sundays as I've often seen it running late at times on a Sunday since they merged the 2/11 although I wonder if part of the problem was the change of allocation from Solos to EcoCitys.

Always thought when they changed the 19 that it should have at least served the roundabout at High Grange like the 16 used to do years ago, infact the Scarlet Band 16A does this now. Should be intresting to see how Pulsars will U-turn at the roundabout at High Grange, Optare Metroriders and Solos can get round them fine but not sure what it will be like on a Pulsar.

Shouldn't think a Pulsar will have too much trouble at the roundabout. They are sometimes more manoeuvrable than a Solo, due to the front overhang. The old 11 timetable on a Sunday used to be tight in a Solo but ridiculous in an EcoCity. Time will tell on that one.
PB0002717/239 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Middlesbrough and Durham given service number X12 effective from 04-Oct-2015. To amend Stopping Places and Timetable.
(19 Sep 2015, 10:11 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]One thing that really annoys me about that X66/X67 timetable is that they've put Hartburn above Harrowgate Hill and Great Burdon on Middlesbrough bound journeys so the evening X66 journeys that run via Hartburn have the times in the wrong order, so it goes Darlington at 20:30, Hartburn 20:52 then Harrowgate Hill at 20:38 and Great Burdon at 2043!

S1 timetable disappointing. First journey doesn't arrive Teesside Park til 0945 so not even any good for 9-5 workers.
(05 Oct 2015, 1:28 pm)Cock Robin wrote [ -> ]S1 timetable disappointing. First journey doesn't arrive Teesside Park til 0945 so not even any good for 9-5 workers.
Doubt that the S1 would attract many (if any) 9-5 workers seem as it will only run on a Saturday as I imagine most people who work at Teesside Park will work more than just Saturday so would still need different arrangements for the rest of the week.
There could be Saturday workers but yes not ideal one day a week.
I dont think a Saturday only bus service is designed to cater for workers to be honest.
(05 Oct 2015, 6:59 pm)RobinHood wrote [ -> ]I dont think a Saturday only bus service is designed to cater for workers to be honest.
It will probably work in pretty much the same sense as the also Saturday only X24 Durham - Metrocentre really, pretty much all the passengers it will carry will be shoppers going to the clothing outlet stores and people doing their weekly shop at Morrisons.

My question with the S1 is, will you be able to get off at the stop opposite Toys R Us as the timetable/map makes it look like you will have to get off at Morrisons which I think could be a deal breaker as if I wanted to go there I would want to be off near the other shops and walking from Morrisons is a pain.
(05 Oct 2015, 7:07 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]It will probably work in pretty much the same sense as the also Saturday only X24 Durham - Metrocentre really, pretty much all the passengers it will carry will be shoppers going to the clothing outlet stores and people doing their weekly shop at Morrisons.

My question with the S1 is, will you be able to get off at the stop opposite Toys R Us as the timetable/map makes it look like you will have to get off at Morrisons which I think could be a deal breaker as if I wanted to go there I would want to be off near the other shops and walking from Morrisons is a pain.

It's no less of a pain in the car, to be honest. It's often impossible to get parked (which is why we haven't been there for years)
(05 Oct 2015, 7:07 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]It will probably work in pretty much the same sense as the also Saturday only X24 Durham - Metrocentre really, pretty much all the passengers it will carry will be shoppers going to the clothing outlet stores and people doing their weekly shop at Morrisons.

Yes they will be serving Toys r Us as far as I know, but as I'm away I can't say for certain!
The idea of a Saturday service is that it can be operated by otherwise spare resources as the Middlesbrough town services 9/27/27a run with a lower PVR on a Saturday. It's only a trial after all, if proved to be successful then it may well be extended otherwise it'll be quietly withdrawn
(06 Oct 2015, 11:42 am)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Yes they will be serving Toys r Us as far as I know, but as I'm away I can't say for certain!
The idea of a Saturday service is that it can be operated by otherwise spare resources as the Middlesbrough town services 9/27/27a run with a lower PVR on a Saturday. It's only a trial after all, if proved to be successful then it may well be extended otherwise it'll be quietly withdrawn

I can confirm it will serve both the Morrisons stop and then the Toys R Us stop before leaving via the road behind Pets At Home. It is certainly a trial to see if the people that have been asking for a bus back to the Park use it. Let's hope it proves a success!
PB0002032/364 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Four Lane Ends and Walker given service number 18A/18 effective from 25-Oct-2015. To amend Timetable.
X66/X67 timetable leaflets are now available in the Middlesbrough travel office.