North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12 Jan 2016, 6:11 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]He can't get them on his own Flickr but he can get them on Arriva's website..!

Haha aye Dan... That one is on Flickr though!
Revisions to Service X7, X8 and X30 from 24 January, press release online here
PHP
PB0002032/153 ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD1 ADMIRAL WAYDOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARKSUNDERLANDSR3 3XP

Variation Accepted
Operating between Newcastle and Forest Hall given service number 55 effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/168 ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD1 ADMIRAL WAYDOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARKSUNDERLANDSR3 3XP

Variation Accepted
Operating between Morpeth and Newbiggin given service number 35/35A effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/266 ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD1 ADMIRAL WAYDOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARKSUNDERLANDSR3 3XP

Variation Accepted
Operating between Ashington and North Shields given service number 57/57A effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/405 ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD1 ADMIRAL WAYDOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARKSUNDERLANDSR3 3XP

Variation Accepted
Operating between Morpeth and Lancaster Park given service number 33 effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/457 ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD1 ADMIRAL WAYDOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARKSUNDERLANDSR3 3XP

Variation Accepted
Operating between Whitley Bay and Newcastle given service number 54 effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/485 ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD1 ADMIRAL WAYDOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARKSUNDERLANDSR3 3XP

Variation Accepted
Operating between Alnwick and Morpeth given service number X15 effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/497 ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD1 ADMIRAL WAYDOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARKSUNDERLANDSR3 3XP

Variation Accepted
Operating between Morpeth and Newcastle given service number X15 effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable
(22 Jan 2016, 10:48 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]PB0002032/168 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted: Operating between Morpeth and Newbiggin given service number 35/35A effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/266 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted: Operating between Ashington and North Shields given service number 57/57A effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/405 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted: Operating between Morpeth and Lancaster Park given service number 33 effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/485 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted: Operating between Alnwick and Morpeth given service number X15 effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/497 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted: Operating between Morpeth and Newcastle given service number X15 effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

Interesting... I wonder if these variations are to improve the services during the many road improvements/redevelopments in the area. 

The X15 may be the service reverting back to Shilbottle, and as the Newcastle-Morpeth section sees variations there might be variations to the X14/5/6/8. 

There isn't much route to change on the 33, nor the 35, as everything seems to be keeping well, the Demesne route in North Seaton sees decent passenger numbers. 

57 is probably various timekeeping improvements, although some problems are mainly down to the drivers. 

Can't really see much other than the above. If more services in the Ashington/Morpeth area come through it might be bigger changes than I expect.
(23 Jan 2016, 1:33 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Interesting... I wonder if these variations are to improve the services during the many road improvements/redevelopments in the area. 

The X15 may be the service reverting back to Shilbottle, and as the Newcastle-Morpeth section sees variations there might be variations to the X14/5/6/8. 

There isn't much route to change on the 33, nor the 35, as everything seems to be keeping well, the Demesne route in North Seaton sees decent passenger numbers. 

57 is probably various timekeeping improvements, although some problems are mainly down to the drivers. 

Can't really see much other than the above. If more services in the Ashington/Morpeth area come through it might be bigger changes than I expect.

What will posts like that do to their moral?
People were getting told off the other day for commenting on drivers and their performance...
We were told it would affect moral when they read negative stuff.
(23 Jan 2016, 9:29 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]What will posts like that do to their moral?
People were getting told off the other day for commenting on drivers and their performance...

I think most 57 passengers have had enough of the "old twat"... How you can leave Ashington on time, and arrive at Cramlington 17L is beyond me...then go SNIS along the same route to pick up time...
There's a difference between drivers who run late and drivers who run late:

Bad type: Deliberately driving slow and not to the permitted road and traffic conditions.

Good Type: LEGALLY (not speeding) driving to the permitted road and traffic conditions to try and keep the service to time as best as safe and legally possible.

The majority of drivers who run late fall in the latter category. It's only a VERY small minority who fall into the first category.
(24 Jan 2016, 12:00 am)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]There's a difference between drivers who run late and drivers who run late:

Bad type: Deliberately driving slow and not to the permitted road and traffic conditions.

Good Type: LEGALLY (not speeding) driving to the permitted road and traffic conditions to try and keep the service to time as best as safe and legally possible.

The majority of drivers who run late fall in the latter category. It's only a VERY small minority who fall into the first category.
I've only experienced one of the first type

It wasn't so much his driving as the faffing at every stop despite being over 20 minutes late

The next driver cut that down to 5 minutes over the course of a 3 hour round trip
(23 Jan 2016, 9:29 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]What will posts like that do to their moral?

Big Grin
(23 Jan 2016, 9:36 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]I think most 57 passengers have had enough of the "old twat"... How you can leave Ashington on time, and arrive at Cramlington 17L is beyond me...then go SNIS along the same route to pick up time...
Very easily, especially on a route where you are constantly turning out onto pretty busy main roads. Traffic, high passenger numbers, and other unpreventable events could have all contributed.

If the driver was that much of an issue, I'm sure management would have stepped in by now.
(07 Jan 2016, 8:13 pm)peter wrote [ -> ]The new timetables for the 28/28A and 29/29A have been released:
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/GetTimetable...221-160405
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/GetTimetable...221-160405

These links aren't working. I had tried to use these as I gave up trying to get anywhere on the Arriva website, and they're not up on Connect Tees Valley yet!
(22 Jan 2016, 10:48 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]
PHP
PB0002032/153 ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD1 ADMIRAL WAYDOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARKSUNDERLANDSR3 3XP

Variation Accepted
Operating between Newcastle and Forest Hall given service number 55 effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/168 ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD1 ADMIRAL WAYDOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARKSUNDERLANDSR3 3XP

Variation Accepted
Operating between Morpeth and Newbiggin given service number 35/35A effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/266 ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD1 ADMIRAL WAYDOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARKSUNDERLANDSR3 3XP

Variation Accepted
Operating between Ashington and North Shields given service number 57/57A effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/405 ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD1 ADMIRAL WAYDOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARKSUNDERLANDSR3 3XP

Variation Accepted
Operating between Morpeth and Lancaster Park given service number 33 effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/457 ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD1 ADMIRAL WAYDOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARKSUNDERLANDSR3 3XP

Variation Accepted
Operating between Whitley Bay and Newcastle given service number 54 effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/485 ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD1 ADMIRAL WAYDOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARKSUNDERLANDSR3 3XP

Variation Accepted
Operating between Alnwick and Morpeth given service number X15 effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002032/497 ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD1 ADMIRAL WAYDOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARKSUNDERLANDSR3 3XP

Variation Accepted
Operating between Morpeth and Newcastle given service number X15 effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable
So what can they do to the 55?, or the X15 between Morpeth and Newcastle, or the 54?
(25 Jan 2016, 5:59 pm)Cock Robin wrote [ -> ]These links aren't working. I had tried to use these as I gave up trying to get anywhere on the Arriva website, and they're not up on Connect Tees Valley yet!

The links time out...they're really easy to find on the Arriva website!!! You just search for the service, click the scroll button which just shows the website times, then click on 'full details' in the top right and look below the timetable where it says a future timetable is available from Sun Feb 21 2016.
Try these:

28/28a
29/29a
(25 Jan 2016, 6:13 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]So what can they do to the 55?, or the X15 between Morpeth and Newcastle, or the 54?

Change the timings???
(23 Jan 2016, 9:36 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]I think most 57 passengers have had enough of the "old twat"... How you can leave Ashington on time, and arrive at Cramlington 17L is beyond me...then go SNIS along the same route to pick up time...

So just to clarify; enthusiasts aren't allowed to comment on depot operation, because they "don't know what goes on behind the scenes", yet someone not old enough to even hold a provisional licence is more than qualified to 'assess' the standards of a professional driver?

Just remember that we're all entitled to an opinion, without fear of being shot down.
(25 Jan 2016, 4:10 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Very easily, especially on a route where you are constantly turning out onto pretty busy main roads. Traffic, high passenger numbers, and other unpreventable events could have all contributed.

If the driver was that much of an issue, I'm sure management would have stepped in by now.

Then thats a good type of driver who is trying to keep the service to time safely and legally despite the unfavourable conditions. It's only a VERY small minority who take the p**s.
(25 Jan 2016, 10:16 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]So just to clarify; enthusiasts aren't allowed to comment on depot operation, because they "don't know what goes on behind the scenes", yet someone not old enough to even hold a provisional licence is more than qualified to 'assess' the standards of a professional driver?

Just remember that we're all entitled to an opinion, without fear of being shot down.

Big Grin
PB0002717/387 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted: Operating between Middlesbrough and Guisborough given service number X93 effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/388 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted: Operating between Guisborough and Whitby given service number X93 effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/389 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted: Operating between Whitby and Scarborough given service number X93 effective from 20-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/409 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Whitby Park & Ride
Finish Point: Whitby Park & Ride
Via:
Service Number: P2
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 20-MAR-2016
Other Details: Seasonal Park & Ride service
Metro replacement this weekend.

PB0002032/518 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: St James
Finish Point: Wallsend
Via:
Service Number: 900
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 13-FEB-2016
Other Details: Metro replacement service