North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(18 Oct 2023, 11:30 am)Storx wrote [ -> ]Imo it would make much more sense to do

1579/1580, 1584-1589 to Ashington
1537-1541 to Darlington
1433, 1439 to Durham

1/2/57/57A/X16 - PVR 14 (1 board a decker)
1574 - 1589 - 16 Buses
2852/3/4/9 - Withdrawn / reserve

Would sort out pointless microfleets all over the place.

I thought the exact same thing, the lites seem to be furniture at Ashington now and are really suited for the work they do so a full Streetlite sigle deck Fleet would be better than a hybrid fleet of lites and pulsars
(18 Oct 2023, 3:50 pm)EastCoastMXZ1751 wrote [ -> ]I thought the exact same thing, the lites seem to be furniture at Ashington now and are really suited for the work they do so a full Streetlite sigle deck Fleet would be better than a hybrid fleet of lites and pulsars

Yeah that's my thoughts aswell, the full length Pulsar's would be ideal at Darlington for the 1/5/8 aswell where the Streetlite's struggle for some reason.
Extra Lumiere Journeys on service 7

We will be operating additional evening buses on service 7 between Durham and Darlington during Lumiere from Thursday 16 November to Sunday 19 November inclusive. In addition to our normal timetable additional journeys will leave Darlington at 1845 and 1945 each evening, returning from Durham at 1957, 2057, 2157 and 2257
Proposed changes to services 15/17/17A from 24th January 2024
https://forms.office.com/pages/responsep...mJlTg6urk8
(17 Nov 2023, 12:07 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Proposed changes to services 15/17/17A from 24th January 2024
https://forms.office.com/pages/responsep...mJlTg6urk8

A bit word salady but I expect it will be a popular proposal.
(17 Nov 2023, 12:24 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]A bit word salady but I expect it will be a popular proposal.

I'm just flabbergasted at how surprised they seem that the other services have proven to be popular.

Following the successful introduction of bus services into the park and the continued growth of those services
Hopefully GNE do more stuff like this
If I'm reading this right it's

15: Every 30 Minutes: Thornaby to Ingleby Barwick, Thornaby to North Tees Hospital, Every 15?
16: Every 30 Minutes: Thornaby to Middlesbrough via Teesside Park

15/16: Every 15 Minutes combined Thornaby to Ingleby Barwick.

17A (why not 17..?): Every 20 Minutes: Middlesbrough to Stockton via Acklam and Linthorpe

I know they're painting as these positive but it seems quite negative with frequency reductions in other areas.
(17 Nov 2023, 6:54 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Hopefully GNE do more stuff like this

Where there's cars and traffic jams, there's people. 
People who could end up being bus passengers if there was a viable alternative. 

Quite why operators can't see those commercial opportunities is beyond me.
Or how about posting on social media what do you want to see from us, like without any questions about services to try and do some market research
(17 Nov 2023, 8:27 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Where there's cars and traffic jams, there's people. 
People who could end up being bus passengers if there was a viable alternative. 

Quite why operators can't see those commercial opportunities is beyond me.

Wonder if these are commercial upgrades or whether it's Teesside Park paying for it, no doubt to try and get people using buses into the place since they complete f**ked the road layout as an understatement.

Same reason for the Stagecoach 36/37/38 being redirected in, pretty much all of Teesside has a bus now, or an easy place to connect frequently at least.
(17 Nov 2023, 9:12 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Wonder if these are commercial upgrades or whether it's Teesside Park paying for it, no doubt to try and get people using buses into the place since they complete f**ked the road layout as an understatement.

Same reason for the Stagecoach 36/37/38 being redirected in, pretty much all of Teesside has a bus now, or an easy place to connect frequently at least.
Reminds me of Dalton Park 45 mins to leave the other day according to reports.
(17 Nov 2023, 9:22 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Reminds me of Dalton Park 45 mins to leave the other day according to reports.

Least that's coming out, Teesside Park caused absolute mayhem Christmas last year as the traffic backed out of it and got onto the A66 which then got onto the A19 and ground the whole place to a standstill.

Not particularly ideal being stuck beyond Portrack Lane on the A19 because someone wants to go to M&S or wherever and it's all to do with whichever clown thought it was a good idea to put a zebra crossing immediately entering the car park. God knows who thought it was a good idea as I'm no traffic engineer but I think a 10 year old could tell you that's a bad idea.
(17 Nov 2023, 9:12 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Wonder if these are commercial upgrades or whether it's Teesside Park paying for it, no doubt to try and get people using buses into the place since they complete f**ked the road layout as an understatement.

Commercial upgrades or not, there seems to be utter surprise that buses are popular in a place that people have been driving to for the last 30 years.

Unsure why operators haven't seen this opportunity previously to be honest.
(17 Nov 2023, 10:09 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Commercial upgrades or not, there seems to be utter surprise that buses are popular in a place that people have been driving to for the last 30 years.

Unsure why operators haven't seen this opportunity previously to be honest.

Yeah agreed to be honest, especially Arriva, considering their Arnsion buses are slammed to the rafters most of the time and it's not too dissimilar.
Didn't have anywhere to put this but any help would be gladly helped.

Was at Morpeth on Friday and saw at the rail station the bus stop lists the 436(ran by Green Mountain Travel) which was true. However the stop also showed the 43 & 2 stopping there towards Morpeth of which I can't find any information. The timetable shows April 2022. On Bustimes.org it doesn't show them stopping there nor can I find any information.

If anyone has any links to timetable changes please let me know
(20 Nov 2023, 6:38 pm)Aaron21 wrote [ -> ]Didn't have anywhere to put this but any help would be gladly helped.

Was at Morpeth on Friday and saw at the rail station the bus stop lists the 436(ran by Green Mountain Travel) which was true. However the stop also showed the 43 & 2 stopping there towards Morpeth of which I can't find any information.  The timetable shows April 2022. On Bustimes.org it doesn't show them stopping there nor can I find any information.

If anyone has any links to timetable changes please let me know

Essentially NCC aren't fantastic at updating timetables. 

I think the times listed for the 2 and 43 will be because they stop at "Morpeth Railway Station", but the stop called that on Shields Road rather than directly outside the station. Really there should be extra information saying that those services are from a nearby stop, rather than having people think they stop directly outside the station. 

Here's a map to show the location of where the 2 and 43 stop: https://bustimes.org/map#16/55.161448/-1.682752. The railway station is just up and slightly to the right for reference.

Directions from the stop directly outside to the 2/43 stop which would take you into Morpeth: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Morpeth+...?entry=ttu

And directions from the stop directly outside to the 2/43 stop which would take you to Blyth/Cramlington & Newcastle: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Morpeth+...?entry=ttu
(20 Nov 2023, 6:49 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Essentially NCC aren't fantastic at updating timetables. 

I think the times listed for the 2 and 43 will be because they stop at "Morpeth Railway Station", but the stop called that on Shields Road rather than directly outside the station. Really there should be extra information saying that those services are from a nearby stop, rather than having people think they stop directly outside the station. 

Here's a map to show the location of where the 2 and 43 stop: https://bustimes.org/map#16/55.161448/-1.682752. The railway station is just up and slightly to the right for reference.

Directions from the stop directly outside to the 2/43 stop which would take you into Morpeth: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Morpeth+...?entry=ttu

And directions from the stop directly outside to the 2/43 stop which would take you to Blyth/Cramlington & Newcastle: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Morpeth+...?entry=ttu

Ah right I see

306 is on some hell of a major diversion due to the new cycle way being done in Tynemouth.

All 306 seem to be going down to Tynemouth Castle Inn roundabout coming back up going along the Broadway then going down to Percy Park Road roundabout then up Percy Park Road. On the way to Whitley Bay they seem to be going down Percy Park Road as its a one way system now
Nexus or Arriva need to address the current hell in Tynemouth with the one way system. Its shocking nothing has been posted about it. 306s are all over and going whichever way
Changes registered on VOSA to the 1 and 2/2a in Darlington and 28/28a in Middlesbrough from 7th of Jan