North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quite a few service cuts by Arriva in North Tyneside - https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/...h-tyneside

46/46A and 51A withdrawn. Replacement for the 46/46A is being offered by Nexus.
53 reduced to hourly between North Shields and Palmersville.
54 reduced to hourly, evening/Sunday journeys withdrawn - although replacement is being offered by Nexus.
55 reduced to half hourly.
553 Saturday journeys removed.
My thing about the evening 306 & 308 journeys departing at xx:17 and xx47.............

If GNE decided to abandon Martijn's policy of working in 'partnership' and wanted to go 'dog eat dog'......

309 ex Blyth: 00:32
309 arr NCL: 01:32 (departs cobalt 01:08)
310 ex NCL: 01:37
310 arr N/Shields: 02:20
310 ex N/Shields: 02:21
310 arr Newcastle: 03:07
309 ex Newcastle: 03:12 (departs Cobalt 03:35)
309 arr Blyth: 04:10
(04 Oct 2022, 5:38 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]My thing about the evening 306 & 308 journeys departing at xx:17 and xx47.............

If GNE decided to abandon Martijn's policy of working in 'partnership' and wanted to go 'dog eat dog'......

309 ex Blyth: 00:32
309 arr NCL: 01:32 (departs cobalt 01:08)
310 ex NCL: 01:37
310 arr N/Shields: 02:20
310 ex N/Shields: 02:21
310 arr Newcastle: 03:07
309 ex Newcastle: 03:12 (departs Cobalt 03:35)
309 arr Blyth: 04:10
What if Arriva didn't want to work together?
(04 Oct 2022, 5:41 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]What if Arriva didn't want to work together?
At the moment, GNE's and Arriva's evening departure times work in harmony and no real threat of competition.

But Arriva have left themselves exposed as GNE could take advantage and still fulfill their business requirements.
(04 Oct 2022, 3:18 pm)Thomas12 wrote [ -> ]Quite a few service cuts by Arriva in North Tyneside - https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/...h-tyneside

46/46A and 51A withdrawn. Replacement for the 46/46A is being offered by Nexus.
53 reduced to hourly between North Shields and Palmersville.
54 reduced to hourly, evening/Sunday journeys withdrawn - although replacement is being offered by Nexus.
55 reduced to half hourly.
553 Saturday journeys removed.

Wonder if the 54 might be downgraded to minibuses and interworking with the 51 and 55. It won't work with the 52 and 53 being only hourly as far as I'm aware.

The 53 and 55 are temporary changes.
I think we'll see the Q3 once an hour serving Hollywood Avenue or otherwise i'd suggest extending the 553 from the Regent Centre as really there is no other alternative options as I doubt Arriva will want to divert one of the 43/44 or 45's.

Would've suggested a 54A coming into Hollywood Avenue via Salters Bridge but I don't think that will work from looking at Google Maps.
(04 Oct 2022, 8:17 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I think we'll see the Q3 once an hour serving Hollywood Avenue or otherwise i'd suggest extending the 553 from the Regent Centre as really there is no other alternative options as I doubt Arriva will want to divert one of the 43/44 or 45's.

Would've suggested a 54A coming into Hollywood Avenue via Salters Bridge but I don't think that will work from looking at Google Maps.

I would imagine Nexus will just replicate the 46A service hourly. I couldn't see the Q3 diverting to serve both Hollywood Avenue and Featherstone Grove.
(04 Oct 2022, 8:37 pm)Thomas12 wrote [ -> ]I would imagine Nexus will just replicate the 46A service hourly. I couldn't see the Q3 diverting to serve both Hollywood Avenue and Featherstone Grove.
Electricfying Hollywood Avenue & Featherstone Grove
Wonder how many of these changes are 'Temporary'
Noticed that Arriva haven’t put up the County Durham bus changes for the end of October, I wonder if it’s mostly secured services that are affected unless Arriva doing a GNE, noticed the decrease of the 22/23 from last time and the journeys on the 22/23/24 are still being cancelled, delayed and running 2 together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just looked on ANE website and it has the new 22/23/24 timetables from 30th October to 4 January, looks like the Monday to Friday 22/23 journeys all go back to Sunderland, but I think there muddled up the Saturday journeys on the 22/23, as by the timetable all the 22 journeys on Saturdays only go between Durham and Peterlee only with the last journey going to Sunderland , and the 23 on Saturdays from Hartlepool to Peterlee half hourly then hourly to Sunderland , but gets 30 minute sit at Sunderland?

Unless secured journeys haven’t been put on yet or being cancelled

Indeed the new timetables are now on-line

As mentioned previously, Stockton will see an increased PVR with the 15 reverting back to every 10 minutes on weekdays (the 8 will remain every 12 minutes for now) while retaining the additional X12 and X66 boards taken on over the summer due to the shortages at Durham and Darlington depot respectively. Indeed, looking at the new X12 timetable (which sees Monday to Saturday daytime journeys retimed to run 2 minutes earlier between Middlesbrough and Durham Palatine Centre), it would appear Durham's remaining X12 turns will be reduced down to just its two early morning weekday trips (the 0610 from Coxhoe to Durham and the 0620 (revised to 0623) from Middlesbrough) with its Saturday afternoon roundtrip to Middlesbrough and back at 1750 from Durham and 1910 from Middlesbrough moving to Stockton operation in line with its weekday versions (presently, Stockton have a trip on a Saturday departing Middlesbrough at 1630 which arrives into Durham at 1752 having extra running time between Stockton High Street and Hardwick Road Ends for some reason - on the new timetable this departs at 1623 and arrives into Durham at 1745 ). Additionally, Stockton's 7 will be extended from Willey Flatts to Kirklevington half hourly on Monday to Saturday daytime increasing the PVR by 1 - the trips departing Stockton at xx16 and xx46 during the day (at peak time, the times vary).

Arriva will also commence operation of the evening journeys between Sedgefield and Peterlee from the 31st October in what appears to be new journeys on the X21 between Sedgefield Racecourse Lane Cricket Ground and Peterlee Bus Station routed via Shotton Colliery.
(07 Oct 2022, 12:15 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Indeed the new timetables are now on-line

As mentioned previously, Stockton will see an increased PVR with the 15 reverting back to every 10 minutes on weekdays (the 8 will remain every 12 minutes for now) while retaining the additional X12 and X66 boards taken on over the summer due to the shortages at Durham and Darlington depot respectively. Indeed, looking at the new X12 timetable (which sees Monday to Saturday daytime journeys retimed to run 2 minutes earlier between Middlesbrough and Durham Palatine Centre), it would appear Durham's remaining X12 turns will be reduced down to just its two early morning weekday trips (the 0610 from Coxhoe to Durham and the 0620 (revised to 0623) from Middlesbrough) with its Saturday afternoon roundtrip to Middlesbrough and back at 1750 from Durham and 1910 from Middlesbrough moving to Stockton operation in line with its weekday versions (presently, Stockton have a trip on a Saturday departing Middlesbrough at 1630 which arrives into Durham at 1752 having extra running time between Stockton High Street and Hardwick Road Ends for some reason - on the new timetable this departs at 1623 and arrives into Durham at 1745 ). Additionally, Stockton's 7 will be extended from Willey Flatts to Kirklevington half hourly on Monday to Saturday daytime increasing the PVR by 1 - the trips departing Stockton at xx16 and xx46 during the day (at peak time, the times vary).

Arriva will also commence operation of the evening journeys between Sedgefield and Peterlee from the 31st October in what appears to be new journeys on the X21 between Sedgefield Racecourse Lane Cricket Ground and Peterlee Bus Station routed via Shotton Colliery.

Would the evening x21 journeys replace the secured 239 journeys on similar route

(07 Oct 2022, 12:23 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Would the evening x21 journeys replace the secured 239 journeys on similar route

Indeed, Arriva have effectively won the 239 but will run it as the X21 rather than as the 239 - although which depot will operate the 2 vehicle cycle seems to be a mystery.......
(07 Oct 2022, 11:49 am)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Just looked on ANE website and it has the new 22/23/24 timetables from 30th October to 4 January, looks like the Monday to Friday 22/23 journeys all go back to Sunderland, but I think there muddled up the Saturday journeys on the 22/23, as by the timetable all the 22 journeys on Saturdays only go between Durham and Peterlee only with the last journey going to Sunderland , and the 23 on Saturdays from Hartlepool to Peterlee half hourly then hourly to Sunderland , but gets 30 minute sit at Sunderland?

Unless secured journeys haven’t been put on yet or being cancelled

On weekdays, 22 & 23 revert to their previous half hourly frequency but retain the current frequency on Saturdays. Evening & Sunday journeys on the current 22 route via Horden will now be numbered as 22A (had to resort to journey planner to discover this).

56 - on Saturdays will operate half hourly to Coundon but the section beyond Coundon towards Durham will be hourly.
(07 Oct 2022, 1:58 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]On weekdays, 22 & 23 revert to their previous half hourly frequency but retain the current frequency on Saturdays. Evening & Sunday journeys on the current 22 route via Horden will now be numbered as 22A (had to resort to journey planner to discover this).

56 - on Saturdays will operate half hourly to Coundon but the section beyond Coundon towards Durham will be hourly.

Cheers for the info about the 22A, you would think Arriva would of put the new 22A on the 22 timetable, maybe if Arriva announced what there changes are in County Durham on there website when there posted what the changes are in Newcastle the other day .

That renumbering to 22A should've happened years ago imo.

Very odd to have a route go a completely different way in the evening and retain the number.
(07 Oct 2022, 8:26 pm)F114TML wrote [ -> ]That renumbering to 22A should've happened years ago imo.

Very odd to have a route go a completely different way in the evening and retain the number.

By the new 22 timetable, there are still at least 1 journey that will operate via Easington colliery as a 22

Full changes for County Durham, Hartlepool and Sunderland:

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/...sunderland
Hmm wonder what will happen to the 61/62.

What part of the 64 is contracted as it hardly seems like a loss making serivce?