North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PB0002032/375 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Four Lane Ends and Cobalt Business Park given service number 335 effective from 03-May-2015. To amend Timetable.
PB0002717/238 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham and Newcastle given service number X12 effective from 03-May-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/258 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham and Cockfield given service number 6 effective from 17-May-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.
(30 Mar 2015, 8:15 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]PB0002032/345 - ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted: Operating between Blyth and Widdrington Estate given service number 1 effective from 24-May-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

The changes to the 1 - Sunday services extended to Cresswell
(05 May 2015, 6:19 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]The changes to the 1 - Sunday services extended to Cresswell

PVR 2 then - I bet that will mess my Sunday schedule up. EDIT: It wont  Sleepy

It only has around 5 people on the bus at Ashington - I dont see this extension lasting long.
Moorsbus returns - rather intresting route registrations.

PB0002717/399 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Great Ayton
Finish Point: Danby
Via:
Service Number: M3
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 05-JUL-2015
Other Details: Sunday & Bank Holiday Moorsbus Service

PB0002717/400 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Danby
Finish Point: Pickering
Via:
Service Number: M4

PB0002717/402 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Northallerton
Finish Point: Helmsley
Via:
Service Number: M11

PB0002717/403 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Helmsley
Finish Point: Great Ayton
Via:
Service Number: M12

PB0002717/404 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Saltburn
Finish Point: Stokesley
Via:
Service Number: M16
(08 May 2015, 10:57 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Moorsbus returns - rather intresting route registrations[Image: arrow-10x10.png].

PB0002717/399 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

registration[Image: arrow-10x10.png]Accepted
Starting Point: Great Ayton
Finish Point: Danby
Via:
Service Number: M3
Other Details: Sunday & bank[Image: arrow-10x10.png] Holiday Moorsbus Service

PB0002717/400 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Danby
Finish Point: Pickering
Via:
Service Number: M4

PB0002717/402 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Northallerton
Finish Point: Helmsley
Via:
Service Number: M11

PB0002717/403 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Helmsley
Finish Point: Great Ayton
Via:
Service Number: M12

PB0002717/404 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Saltburn
Finish Point: Stokesley
Via:
Service Number: M16

They look great will definitely have to try them sometime!
(08 May 2015, 3:01 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]They look great will definitely have to try them sometime!

I wonder if there is more to come or if this is it.

Sadly it looks like it won't start at Darlington anymore, typical there is now a train into Darlington early enough on a Sunday morning but the bus doesn't appear to run from Darlington anymore
(08 May 2015, 3:04 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I wonder if there is more to come or if this is it.

Sadly it looks like it won't start at Darlington anymore, typical there is now a train[Image: arrow-10x10.png] into Darlington early enough on a Sunday morning but the bus doesn't appear to run from Darlington anymore

There are already ones from Darlo?

http://www.dalesbus.org/index.html - the 830?
(08 May 2015, 3:17 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]There are already ones from Darlo?

http://www.dalesbus.org/index.html - the 830?
That's Dalesbus though. Hope to do that at some point as well. Struggling to come up with a good plan at the moment though.

Incase you didn't know Arriva started operating Dalesbus for the summer last Sunday.
(08 May 2015, 3:21 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]That's Dalesbus though. Hope to do that at some point as well. Struggling to come up with a good plan at the moment though.

Incase you didn't know Arriva started operating Dalesbus for the summer last Sunday.

Ah sorry, got confused with the two.
(08 May 2015, 3:21 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]That's Dalesbus though. Hope to do that at some point as well. Struggling to come up with a good plan at the moment though.

Can you get to Boro, Saltburn or Great Ayton in time for the first bus?
Darlington bus services to face disruption due to A68 resurfacing.
http://m.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/1293...surfacing/

BUS services from Darlington to Heighington will face disruption next week due to resurfacing works on the A68.

There will be a temporary diversion of bus services 1/1B/X1 due to the works on the A68 to Heighington.

Buses will be unable to serve Burtree Gate, Heighington and School Aycliffe from Monday, May 11 for four days.

During the works, Arriva services 1 and 1B will operate non-stop between West Park and Redworth via Aycliffe Village.

Passengers in Heighington can use an hourly shuttle bus which will operate between Heighington Village and Houndgate, Stand N in Darlington town centre.

The first bus will depart from Heighington Village Hall at 7.15am arriving into Darlington at 7.45am.

This service will operate hourly with the last bus leaving Heighington at 5.15pm.

Return journeys from Darlington Houndgate Stand N begin at 7.45am arriving at Heighington at 8.15m, the service operates hourly with the last bus leaving Darlington at 5.45pm.

This shuttle service will be operated by Taxicall and is only for use by passengers travelling to or from Heighington that would usually use a bus service

Bus services will return to normal on Friday, May 15.
(08 May 2015, 4:12 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Can you get to Boro, Saltburn or Great Ayton in time for the first bus?
Maybe.

No timetable yet so I'll have to wait and see.
(08 May 2015, 4:14 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Maybe.

No timetable yet so I'll have to wait and see.

The Whitby train calls at Great Ayton and the one from Bishop to Darlo usually continues to Boro and Saltburn.

Having one of the £12.50 Northern Rail Day Ranger tickets that are on offer until the end of June, might be worth investing in - just incase!
(08 May 2015, 4:23 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]The Whitby train calls at Great Ayton and the one from Bishop to Darlo usually continues to Boro and Saltburn.

Having one of the £12.50 Northern Rail Day Ranger tickets that are on offer until the end of June, might be worth investing in - just incase!

The first train on a Sunday morning actually runs to Whitby instead of Saltburn so that could possibly be a possibility of getting on the bus at Great Ayton dependant on times.

Might actually consider getting one of these Day Ranger tickets.
(08 May 2015, 4:29 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]The first train on a Sunday morning actually runs to Whitby instead of Saltburn so that could possibly be a possibility of getting on the bus at Great Ayton dependant on times.

Might actually consider getting one of these Day Ranger tickets.

There you go - sorted!

The Whitby train also calls at Danby, so there is another option.
No idea if the bus calls at any of the other stops, but worth looking into
It does start from Darlington, from Faverdale at 0810 and town at 0819. Stockton at 0847, Middlesbrough at 0900. Returns M1852, S1905, D1932, F1941, daytime link is pretty much the same as last year via Guisborough and Danby to Pickering, with a return trip to Danby in the middle of the day.
The other bus will run from Saltburn via Marske and Redcar through to Helmsley via Northallerton then does a return to Stokesley and then Thirsk before the return trip back.
What are the passengers like on the current Dalesbus?
(08 May 2015, 4:39 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]It does start from Darlington, from Faverdale at 0810 and town at 0819. Stockton at 0847, Middlesbrough at 0900. Returns M1852, S1905, D1932, F1941, daytime link is pretty much the same as last year via Guisborough and Danby to Pickering, with a return trip to Danby in the middle of the day.
The other bus will run from Saltburn via Marske and Redcar through to Helmsley via Northallerton then does a return to Stokesley and then Thirsk before the return trip back.

Damn! that's too early

Might be able to get a train and jump on the bus somewhere along the route or perhaps I could persuade someone to give a lift into Darlington for that time of the morning although I'd doubt anyone I know would want to.

Would be nice to see the full timetable.
(08 May 2015, 4:43 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]What are the passengers like on the current Dalesbus?

Usually pretty busy - we had to duplicate it on more than one occasion last year

(08 May 2015, 4:48 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Damn! that's too early

Might be able to get a train and jump on the bus somewhere along the route or perhaps I could persuade someone to give a lift into Darlington for that time of the morning although I'd doubt anyone I know would want to.

Would be nice to see the full timetable.

I'll try and get a proper timetable done soon Smile The Darlington one is pretty similar to last year as far as I can tell. The Saltburn start is a bit different to what we used to run I think