North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have lowlanders ever been used on the X93 at one point? The Geminis from London worked well and are probably the reason why they have been chosen for the X93. 7453-7456 may not be great on a day-to-day basis for 3-4 months or however long it is.
(05 Mar 2015, 5:34 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Oh right, that's embarrassing.  Tongue

I think those two are pretty good, manage to handle the route rather well. 

Aye, but you wouldn't dream of allocating a Volvo B5 Hybrid to the X93. If they can cope on the 21, it's an easy life for a Volvo B7 on that route.

As I said before, the Volvo B7TLs on the X93 have to stop on the middle of a bank so they can get back into first gear. The driver has to apply the handbrake and then hammer the accelerator to allow him/her to get up some of the banks. If he doesn't get it right, he falls back down the bank. Trust me - I've experienced the falling down the bank and it's far from a pleasant experience.

The Volvo B7TLs exceeded everyone's expectations as single-decker allocations were few and far between, really, but you can't get much worse than them. They trialled the VDL Geminis so no reason (in my opinion) why the Lowlanders couldn't be trialled...
(05 Mar 2015, 5:36 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Have lowlanders ever been used on the X93 at one point? The Geminis from London worked well and are probably the reason why they have been chosen for the X93. 7453-7456 may not be great on a day-to-day basis for 3-4 months or however long it is.

No Lowlander's have been used on the X93. Although the Y reg Lowlander's used to do the X61 Durham - Scarborough in the summer.

X93 summer peak will now last from the end of March until the start of November? Look back a few posts for exact dates.
(05 Mar 2015, 4:59 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]7453 - 7456 are shot. The Coast and Castles 518 nearly killed them, one apparently drove over a field and then all the others started playing up. I assume 7485/6 will not have e-leather seats fitted as I believe the seats were re trimmed last year.

It would be better if Arriva could fit Wi-Fi and just stick "X93 along the glorious Yorkshire coast" stickers on the side. Instead of lying about new buses, then passengers turn up complaining that it isn't. 
They really aren't that bad, I rode 7454 on an X15 a couple of weeks before it moved and it absolutely flew. I don't understand why they didn't give them a shot, because as far as I'm concerned they'd trump any other vehicle that could be put on there as the summer extra. 

(05 Mar 2015, 4:59 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]7453 - 7456 are shot. The Coast and Castles 518 nearly killed them, one apparently drove over a field and then all the others started playing up. I assume 7485/6 will not have e-leather seats fitted as I believe the seats were re trimmed last year.

It would be better if Arriva could fit Wi-Fi and just stick "X93 along the glorious Yorkshire coast" stickers on the side. Instead of lying about new buses, then passengers turn up complaining that it isn't. 
They really aren't that bad, I rode 7454 on an X15 a couple of weeks before it moved and it absolutely flew. I don't understand why they didn't give them a shot, because as far as I'm concerned they'd trump any other vehicle that could be put on there as the summer extra. 
PB0002717/54 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted: Operating between Darlington and Barnard Castle given service number X75/X76 effective from 03-May-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/89 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Darlington and Leyburn given service number X59 effective from 09-May-2015.

PB0002717/250 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Leyburn and Askrigg given service number 59 effective from 09-May-2015.

PB0002717/391 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Middlesbrough
Finish Point: Darlington
Via:
Service Number: 830
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 03-MAY-2015
Other Details: Seasonal Dalesbus Service

PB0002717/392 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Darlington
Finish Point: Richmond
Via:
Service Type: Normal Stopping

PB0002717/393 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Richmond
Finish Point: Hawes
Via:

PB0002717/394 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Hawes
Finish Point: Ingleton
Via:

PB0002717/395 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Settle
Finish Point: Ingleton
Via:
Service Number: 581
Other Details: Seasonal Moorsbus Service
I'll have to ride them sometime!
Possibly ride the 581 when I go to the lakes.
(05 Mar 2015, 5:58 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I'll have to ride them sometime!

Possibly ride the 581 when I go to the lakes.

I'd love to do Dalesbus services too but the only way of getting into Darlington for that time on a Sunday is a taxi so I'd be nearly a tenner down before I could even get on the bus.
(05 Mar 2015, 6:05 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I'd love to do Dalesbus services too but the only way of getting into Darlington for that time on a Sunday is a taxi so I'd be nearly a tenner down before I could even get on the bus.

Ah does the 581 only run on Sundays like?
(05 Mar 2015, 6:08 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Ah does the 581 only run on Sundays like?

Yep, Dalesbus is Sunday and bank holidays only or at least Arriva's are.
(05 Mar 2015, 6:09 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Yep, Dalesbus is Sunday and bank[Image: arrow-10x10.png] holidays only or at least Arriva's are.

Ah that's a shame Sad
(04 Mar 2015, 8:57 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]MAX-livered B7TLs - 7485/6 due to be painted up and WiFi'd ready for the start of the summer timetable.

The winter PVR is 5 and in summer it goes up to 8. One extra is the one already based at Whitby. The other two extra ones (I imagine the B7TLs) are Redcar based buses that start from Middlesbrough, do one run to Scarborough on the morning, back to Whitby and then do Whitby do Scarborough runs during the day before one evening run back to Middlesbrough. So these are the least used buses. Or, at least , that's what happened last year. Strange there's no spare bus though!      
(05 Mar 2015, 6:05 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I'd love to do Dalesbus services too but the only way of getting into Darlington for that time on a Sunday is a taxi so I'd be nearly a tenner down before I could even get on the bus.

Just had a look on Traveline and it appears there is a train leaving Aycliffe at 0822 this year so I will actually be able to do these services this year which has made me very happy [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Said train also runs to Whitby too!
(05 Mar 2015, 6:15 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Just had a look on Traveline and it appears there is a train leaving Aycliffe at 0822 this year so I will actually be able to do these services this year which has made me very happy [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Said train also runs to Whitby too!

No way will I make Darlo by that time Sad 

http://www.kirkbylonsdalecoachhire.co.uk...le-580-581 - The 581 does seem to run during the week, and it seems to be a Citaro too Big Grin
I wish I'd never said anything now, Anyway........................

I'm assuming the reason for choosing 7485/6 over anything else is simply that 7485/6 were effectively 'reserve' allocated vehicles therefore no messing around with the allocation for 7 and a bit months...............

As for 7453-6, again they aren't to the best standard (the fact the Y-reg examples are now making frequent appearances on the X12 while some of the Geminis are away). And again, means messing around with the allocation.

7485/6 along with 7489 will be used at Redcar/Whitby for the summer (7485/6 at Redcar for the X93 - however chance they'll end up mixing around with the B9TLs - and 7489 at Whitby on the P2) and all 3 should be at Thorntons now being repainted (7485/6 into MAX livery, 7489 into an as-yet unconfirmed base livery). 2827/8 also due to go to Thorntons for repaint before the start of the Park & Ride service.
(05 Mar 2015, 7:49 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]I wish I'd never said anything now

Get away Tony....you love it!
(05 Mar 2015, 7:50 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Get away Tony....you love it!
It's been long established that two Volvo B7TLs would be allocated alongside the Volvo B9TLs, anyway... Perhaps not on this forum, but it's certainly been on the public domain for a few weeks now!

The discussion regarding Lowlanders being allocated to the summer X93 extra workings instead is nothing new, either...
(05 Mar 2015, 7:54 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It's been long established that two Volvo B7TLs would be allocated alongside the Volvo B9TLs, anyway... Perhaps not on this forum, but it's certainly been on the public domain for a few weeks now!

The discussion regarding Lowlanders being allocated to the summer X93 extra workings instead is nothing new, either...

The discussions regarding Lowlander's being allocated on various other routes as well as the X93 is nothing new either...
On VOSA today.

PB0002717/354 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Middlesbrough and Lingdale given service number X3A/X3 effective from 09-Mar-2015. To amend Route.

Presumably because of the Redcar diversions from Monday.
What will the allocation be for the 306 / 308 on a Sunday? I know that according to the timetable, there is a 2.5 hour hap in service from Tynemouth to Newcastle twice on a Sunday then a couple of various other gaps on a Sunday too from Newcastle to Tynemouth. Hope Percy Main keeps their B9s in good nick as they're gunna be hammered with the lack of 306s on a Sunday and better timekeeping? That's rubbish as there will be 1/2 hour gaps between Billy Mill and Newcastle and the 308 will get hammered still.
(08 Mar 2015, 3:50 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]What will the allocation be for the 306 / 308 on a Sunday? I know that according to the timetable, there is a 2.5 hour hap in service from Tynemouth to Newcastle twice on a Sunday then a couple of various other gaps on a Sunday too from Newcastle to Tynemouth. Hope Percy Main keeps their B9s in good nick as they're gunna be hammered with the lack of 306s on a Sunday and better timekeeping? That's rubbish as there will be 1/2 hour gaps between Billy Mill and Newcastle and the 308 will get hammered still.

Care to share where this 2.5 hour gap is? I can't see one on the new timetable...