North East Buses

Full Version: What's annoying you today? V2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05 Mar 2015, 5:30 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]The reason why Fencehouses was mentioned so much in this forum was because, arguably, it had a poor bus service after a certain time of night. Jokes were initially made on this basis/issue and I don't mind when it is mentioned within its original contextual setting. 

...then things started to spiral out of control. Now it used by others as an attempt to 'fit in' with the forum as people think it 'forum craic' which it really isn't.

In my opinion, it's beyond a joke now. It's plain annoying.

I agree with your points there, Adam. I wouldn't describe the place as a deathtrap (I speak from experience, one or two friends come from Woodstone Villlage, etc, and I do pass through often when on my travels) - but I do think it's a bit of a tip. Same can be said for many other places, but let's not go there otherwise we'll have another 'leave CLS alone' rant. Tongue

I admit to using it to fit in a bit, but now I just see it as a little annoying too. Don't mind the odd joke, but not imaginary bus services from there to Detriot! (see what I did there?  Big Grin)

What ruins it overall, is that people who I doubt have ever been there before, use it to their advantage. I live 10 minutes at best from the middle of Fencehouses, and find it annoying that people who (for all I know) have never been through or to the place before and start cracking wise-ones about it!
Can I just say Marcus, your signature is brilliant haha
(05 Mar 2015, 6:12 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]Can I just say Marcus, your signature is brilliant haha

Naturally born with my talents. Angel
(05 Mar 2015, 5:43 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]I agree with your points there, Adam. I wouldn't describe the place as a deathtrap (I speak from experience, one or two friends come from Woodstone Villlage, etc, and I do pass through often when on my travels) - but I do think it's a bit of a tip. Same can be said for many other places, but let's not go there otherwise we'll have another 'leave CLS alone' rant. Tongue

I admit to using it to fit in a bit, but now I just see it as a little annoying too. Don't mind the odd joke, but not imaginary bus services from there to Detriot! (see what I did there?  Big Grin)

What ruins it overall, is that people who I doubt have ever been there before, use it to their advantage. I live 10 minutes at best from the middle of Fencehouses, and find it annoying that people who (for all I know) have never been through or to the place before and start cracking wise-ones about it!

In total, I know four people who live (or lived - they may not live there anymore) in Fencehouses. I know them all through work and they are all perfectly normal people who work, pay their taxes etc,. As far as I'm aware, they're not affiliated to any popular front - imaginary or otherwise.

I've driven through Fencehouses more times than I care to remember. I've even driven down Avenue Vivian. It's no different to any other village or council estate I've driven through. I've seen a lot worse.

Fencehouses is actually an occasional source of amusement within my social group. I have a friend who's well known for being a bit of a bullshitter. He once claimed he had some bodykit for a car he once owned which, obviously, never existed. When challenged upon the whereabouts of said bodykit, he claimed it was in a garage in Fencehouses. Now, when we're taking the piss with each other, we sometimes claim that we have things stored in Fencehouses. 

Having an imaginary bus-service going through Fencehouses doesn't annoy me as it pays homage to why the village was talked about on this forum. Simply stating 'Fencehouses is a tip - don't ever want to go there again' is also alright as it's an observation. It's all the other associated crap that annoys me.

Well, that's my little rant over. 

I think I've annoyed myself by mentioning Fencehouses so many times in one post. 

I should be banned.
Well after all that, I'm glad it's not just me who thinks the whole thing is incredibly tedious. Smile 
I apologise for any inconvenience caused by my posts.

I sometimes express my opinions on things, with some people my not like of agree with. The whole "FPF" and Fencehouses thing doesnt get mentioned now for every couple of weeks or longer. (By myself)

At times, I don't feel welcome to this forum. Mainly with the bitching and nit-picking towards me.

The problems seemed to have started after I posted in the "School" thread, about my experiences, where it had been picked up on. I rarely get that open about my experiences about the schools that I have attended.

I've already started moving away from the bus hobby, mainly because its boring and there's only a certain amount of buses in the area that you can get a photo of before you've got them all. Especially when I've got all of Ashington's buses, by two times.

I'm starting to move over to the rail hobby now, it's more interesting than the buses, in my opinion.

As many members have picked up, I am autistic, but not as much to have me obsessing over things or stood for hours on end taking photos of buses (trains, maybe). I also have so called "mental health issues" which very, very rarely flare up.

This post is not directed at anybody, in any way whatsoever.
Tommy, at the same time, I'm very confident the "anti-fencehouses-craic" posts were not directed at any one person. 

From my own observations, it's every other conversation where someone drops it in. 
(05 Mar 2015, 6:41 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]I apologise for any inconvenience caused by my posts.

I sometimes express my opinions on things, with some people my not like of agree with. The whole "FPF" and Fencehouses thing doesnt get mentioned now for every couple of weeks or longer. (By myself)

At times, I don't feel welcome to this forum. Mainly with the bitching and nit-picking towards me.

The problems seemed to have started after I posted in the "School" thread, about my experiences, where it had been picked up on. I rarely get that open about my experiences about the schools that I have attended.

I've already started moving away from the bus hobby, mainly because its boring and there's only a certain amount of buses in the area that you can get a photo of before you've got them all. Especially when I've got all of Ashington's buses, by two times.

I'm starting to move over to the rail hobby now, it's more interesting than the buses, in my opinion.

As many members have picked up, I am autistic, but not as much to have me obsessing over things or stood for hours on end taking photos of buses (trains, maybe). I also have so called "mental health issues" which very, very rarely flare up.

This post is not directed at anybody, in any way whatsoever.

Sorry you feel like that mate, nothing has been directed, it has been directed at me also, I am guilty for overusing the joke as well...

As for peoples agenda against you, I honestly do not think there is one, the only I ever had with you was swearing, I know I swear, but you can as well...a lot, lol...

Just think about what you type before you hit submit.

Just take a step back and think about things mate...As for Mental Health problems, dunno what that has to do with anything, I get fine with my problems and I am a bit of a junkie on top...

Drop me a line sometime tommy if there is anything u want answered if I can help
(05 Mar 2015, 5:29 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Krul played well until he decided to pass the ball to Young, who then scored...

It wasn't Krul's fault. He was being pressured by Rooney (I think) after a pretty poor backpass to him, again because said player was being pressurised. He'd had an amazing game, and if the team weren't playing for a point, and actually tried to win the game, I think we would've won, or at least scored, last night.
Who on bloody earth is Krul?

Is he/she some sort of millionaire or something? Seems to have got more limelight than Richard Branson.
(05 Mar 2015, 7:27 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]Who on bloody earth is Krul?

Is he/she some sort of millionaire or something? Seems to have got more limelight than Richard Branson.

Newcastle United goalkeeper Tim Krul
(05 Mar 2015, 7:42 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Newcastle United goalkeeper Tim Krul

Cheers.  Sleepy
Been in Darlington over an hour now and 1416 is nowhere to be seen.

For half of that time I've had chavs invading my personal space shouting at each other "NAH LIKE ****ING SKERNE PARK"
Just to add my two penneth to the whole Fencehouses stuff.

I have said it before in the forum and probably the same via PM - it came about from me and there was no way it was intended to 'take off' or go on like it has done.

Initially it was brought up, to highlight the failures of de-regulation.
It was mentioned once or twice and then was picked up by others.
Initially it was quite humerous, but agreeing with the other posts, after 2 years, it has been done to death.
It got to the point where I would refrain from mentioning the place, for fear of people sharing jokes and it being brought up again. For a while, I did 'join in' and respond, but haven't bothered for a long time now.

I think I even said at one point, that people were aware of the perceived weaknesses in provision and that my focus would move somewhere else. Mentioned a number of places, where I believe service is weak/poor now, compared to previous years.

However, if someone wants to mention Fencehouses, I haven't got a problem them doing so. They might find the whole thing humerous.
It may stir debate or conversation, who knows.
I certainly don't have to join in and neither does anyone else.

There are whole lots of the forum that grind on me and topics of conversation that I have no interest in. It certainly isn't up to me to tell people not to bring up a topic- however annoying it may be.
I was out taking bus photos today when I started to feel a bit ill so I came home, and now I feel worse Sad
Having to get on 3814 this morning.
(06 Mar 2015, 6:15 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Having to get on 3814 this morning.

I had it this evening from Eldon Square to Gateshead. Saw it in the stand so had to get it Wink
(06 Mar 2015, 6:55 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]I had it this evening from Eldon Square to Gateshead. Saw it in the stand so had to get it Wink

Did it go up any steep banks (or any banks full stop)? It is absolutely terrible!
Edit: forgot about that street thing from the High-level up to Gateshead.
I didn't hear my alarm, and I've got a splitting headache that is going right through me.
Think I might go out, but not far.
(07 Mar 2015, 10:04 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]I didn't hear my alarm, and I've got a splitting headache that is going right through me.
Think I might go out, but not far.
Aye - looks like it is going to pee down!

Second it does, I am on the next bus home...