North East Buses

Full Version: What's annoying you today? V2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07 Jan 2015, 7:51 pm)ArrivaNE_7522 wrote [ -> ]Arriva's local fare system is better than Go North East's BuzzOff system if its cheaper going from my house to the bus station!!!!!!!!

30 pence? Who are you, Mr Krabs?!
(07 Jan 2015, 7:36 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Yes. A 42 minute journey during the middle of the day.

I can travel on the longest route GNE have (except the TTX) end to end - 90 pence.

Absolutely fantastic value, imo.

Why not the TTX.
(07 Jan 2015, 7:52 pm)danpick wrote [ -> ]Why not the TTX.

Think it's something to do with the borders or regulations or something? Not sure.
(07 Jan 2015, 7:53 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Think it's something to do with the borders or regulations or something? Not sure.

Yet it's valid on WTX.
(07 Jan 2015, 7:55 pm)danpick wrote [ -> ]Yet it's valid on WTX.

Like I say, I've just seen it somewhere, maybe on the Twitter page?

Can't remember what, but I think a single journey is £2.30 regardless of having a Get Around key.

Can anyone confirm?
(07 Jan 2015, 7:55 pm)danpick wrote [ -> ]Yet it's valid on WTX.

It's the same in Edinburgh with Lothian Buses' prestigious Airlink 100 service. Normal fares aren't valid. Go North East's equivalent is the 'Tyne Tees Xpress'. The £3.75 day ticket is still valid.

The 'Wear Tees Xpress', as much as it pains me to say it (Wink) is not a prestigious service. It is an express service which also provides local links.

(07 Jan 2015, 7:56 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Like I say, I've just seen it somewhere, maybe on the Twitter page?

Can't remember what, but I think a single journey is £2.30 regardless of having a Get Around key.

Can anyone confirm?

A single on the 'Wear Tees Xpress' X7 service? I think it's more-or-less a flat rate of £5.50.
The discrepancies are perhaps incorrectly being pointed in the direction of two operators, when in fact, it's down to Northumberland Council not willing to fund such fares. Transport was one of the first things that both Northumberland and Durham council decided to slash, whilst both still remained willing to fund the ENCTS scheme, outside of the statutory hours. Priorities seem wrong to me?

Tyne and Wear of course working differently. Homes in all five of the Tyne and Wear councils pay a transport levy, whereas I don't in Durham for example. That money is ring fenced, and partially used by Nexus in order to support the child singles and day tickets. Nexus have continued to retain this, despite pressures to reduce their budget.

Perhaps write to your councillors, and ask them to explain why you don't get the same benefits of those in Tyne and Wear?
(07 Jan 2015, 7:57 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It's the same in Edinburgh with Lothian Buses' prestigious Airlink 100 service. Normal fares aren't valid. Go North East's equivalent is the 'Tyne Tees Xpress'. The £3.75 day ticket is still valid.

The 'Wear Tees Xpress', as much as it pains me to say it (Wink) is not a prestigious service. It is an express service which also provides local links.

A single on the 'Wear Tees Xpress' X7 service? I think it's more-or-less a flat rate of £5.50.

Oh, I was referring to the X9/X10, lol.

Haven't used the X7 in ages, will have to do so soon.
(07 Jan 2015, 7:56 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Like I say, I've just seen it somewhere, maybe on the Twitter page?

Can anyone confirm?

If you don't have a Key, I think the X9/X10 is £6+.
(07 Jan 2015, 8:01 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Oh, I was referring to the X9/X10, lol.

Haven't used the X7 in ages, will have to do so soon.

Reckon the TTX will be roughly the same as the X7... Definitely won't be that cheap! Tongue 

EDIT: From Newcastle to Middlesbrough - the single fare is £6.80, the return fare is £7.30, and the cost of a 3+ Zone BuzzFare is £7.70.
Forgot new series of Judge Rinder started this week....got to go and find them on catch up now.

Think he is so funny..."I can smell a lie like a fart in a car"
(07 Jan 2015, 8:08 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Forgot new series of Judge Rinder started this week....got to go and find them on catch up now.

Ahaha I watch him too.

At first I felt like he was a rip-off Judge Judy, then realised she wasn't a comedian...
(07 Jan 2015, 8:08 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Think he is so funny..."I can smell a lie like a fart in a car"

I remember that line from the 1990 Christian Slater flick, Pump up the Volume.

One of my favourite films from my youth.
(07 Jan 2015, 8:08 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Forgot new series of Judge Rinder started this week....got to go and find them on catch up now.

About to talk shite now

Something I always wanted to know...why does a fart in the bath smell worse than normal...And why farts always seem to be smellier in public i.e. in a shop, on the bus etc...

I used to be quite well known for being able to clear the top of a decker, it is still talked about today Big Grin
(07 Jan 2015, 8:32 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]About to talk shite now

Something I always wanted to know...why does a fart in the bath smell worse than normal...And why farts always seem to be smellier in public i.e. in a shop, on the bus etc...

I used to be quite well known for being able to clear the top of a decker, it is still talked about today Big Grin

A fart smells worse in the tub because the fart molecules (which are basically gaseous poo) percolate through the water and form chemical bonds with the H20 molecules before reaching the air.

Happy tubbin', Fozz! Smile
(07 Jan 2015, 6:10 pm)leestransportphotos wrote [ -> ]On a brighter note - Another thing that's annoyed  me today is the fact I can't get to the Gateshead v Woking game tonight!

Neither could I, but never mind. I'll let my Dad, my brothers and my cousin fill me in with the details.
(08 Jan 2015, 12:06 am)Adam wrote [ -> ]Neither could I, but never mind. I'll let my Dad, my brothers and my cousin fill me in with the details.
Whats going on with Gateshead Adam? I had high hopes for them this season, I hope last season wasn't flash in the pan...

After Darlo, I always like to look for Heed results
(06 Jan 2015, 5:57 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Are you suggesting that he is not your absolute most favourite person in the world? Everyone I know who uses the E services loves him!

He found two valid McDonalds / Burger King vouchers on this particular occasion, if you're wondering.

I recognise the guy his name is David Honeyman I know his sister that's how I know his name me and his sister used to be on the same course at college from 2010 to 2011 
Frustrating how I cannot download some of the rare songs from work to my iPhone the artists you cannot get due to being done by amateurs I've heard songs that the lyrics have stuck in my head some decent tunes
Being up half of the night with the wind, all i heard was next doors garage banging!