North East Buses

Full Version: What's annoying you today? V2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(28 Jan 2015, 7:21 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Most places is getting snow... i want it to! 
I want it too shit it down with snow so I can get some snowy photographs.
(28 Jan 2015, 8:28 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I want it too shit it down with snow so I can get some snowy photographs.

Nothing happening here, i just hope i wake up tomorrow and its being snowing during the night haha
It's currently snowing up here high on the hills of Eighton Banks and it's now laying on the ground. Means I'll have to set off for uni earlier in the morning just to ensure I get there on time for my 9am seminar.
(28 Jan 2015, 8:34 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]It's currently snowing up here high on the hills of Eighton Banks and it's now laying on the ground. Means I'll have to set off for uni earlier in the morning just to ensure I get there on time for my 9am seminar.
Im 5 Minutes down the Road at Lambton and its not Snowing.
(28 Jan 2015, 8:34 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]It's currently snowing up here high on the hills of Eighton Banks and it's now laying on the ground. Means I'll have to set off for uni earlier in the morning just to ensure I get there on time for my 9am seminar.

I wouldn't i would leave same time, just say the buses were late due to the snow if its bad, i'm at my placement tomorrow, so hopefully it snows here!
(28 Jan 2015, 8:42 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Im 5 Minutes down the Road at Lambton and its not Snowing.

Maybe because Eighton Banks is on a hill?
Been snowing since about 6pm in Newton Aycliffe and is laying.
(28 Jan 2015, 8:42 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Im 5 Minutes down the Road at Lambton and its not Snowing.

it's mad. Still coming down now. As Tom said though, it is higher up (there is a clue in the name haha Tongue )
Shhh your making me Jealous... we haven't got any here!
(28 Jan 2015, 8:52 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Shhh your making me Jealous... we haven't got any here!

sorry Undecided
(28 Jan 2015, 8:52 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Shhh your making me Jealous... we haven't got any here!

Outside now.
[Image: 7e3e047b9d24bd5bee8bef25f72424ec.jpg]
[/quote]
(28 Jan 2015, 9:00 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Outside now.
[Image: 7e3e047b9d24bd5bee8bef25f72424ec.jpg]
[/quote]

Jimmi you're going on my block list Wink 
Really bad around Co Durham. Came up the A19 and it was bad near Hutton Henry/Sheraton too.
Got to Peterlee and the road was dry.

Mind the X10 heading south just after 8, may have got a shock.
Bombing down, overtaking cars before coming across the snow and quickly moving back over and slowing right down!
Not got any in the area of Chester-le-Street I live in...probably best too!

I do like snow, it's just painful in the morning!
(28 Jan 2015, 9:14 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Jimmi you're going on my block list Wink 

For you and anyone else moaning about there being no snow where you are I have just been a passenger in my sisters car and we went to pick my dad up in Ferryhill and it was an absolute nightmare especially on the way there as there had been no griters for hours and to make matters worse there was two way temporary lights and badly parked cars in that area made things especially different.

Although I will be getting photos if there is still snow on the ground tomorrow.
There was quite a bit of snow in Chester when I was delivering there a few hours ago. It wasn't causing any problems or anything, but it was certainly lying around where the streets are named after hills (Quantock, Cheviot, Cleveland etc..).

Sacriston was quite bad - I struggled trying to get up Holly Avenue. I got stuck in one street off Delves Lane in Consett. Luckily, people were shoveling their driveways so I managed to get a push to be on my way, but it was pretty bad up in Consett.
(28 Jan 2015, 10:27 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]There was quite a bit of snow in Chester when I was delivering there a few hours ago. It wasn't causing any problems or anything, but it was certainly lying around where the streets are named after hills (Quantock, Cheviot, Cleveland etc..).

Sacriston was quite bad - I struggled trying to get up Holly Avenue. I got stuck in one street off Delves Lane in Consett. Luckily, people were shoveling their driveways so I managed to get a push to be on my way, but it was pretty bad up in Consett.

Yeah, Consett and Stanley have got to be the worst places for snow to lie in my opinion.

Don't know what it is with either - but if I tell my mam the night before where I'm heading, and it happens to be either of them, she'll say 'oh, wrap up in foil then'. Big Grin
(28 Jan 2015, 10:29 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Yeah, Consett and Stanley have got to be the worst places for snow to lie in my opinion.

Don't know what it is with either - but if I tell my mam the night before where I'm heading, and it happens to be either of them, she'll say 'oh, wrap up in foil then'. Big Grin

Stanley wasn't that bad to be honest. It'll be icy in the morning though. It was -1.0 in the car as I was leaving around half an hour ago.
(28 Jan 2015, 10:29 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Yeah, Consett and Stanley have got to be the worst places for snow to lie in my opinion.

Yeah Consett has to be one of the worst places in County Durham for snow, some days I'd arrive at New College having seen no snow then you'd see the students getting off the 15/15A in thick coats and wellies.
Broke down in the van earlier. Took nearly two hours to be recovered.