North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Service Suggestions v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
14: Throckley - Lemington - Blaydon - Winlaton - Rowlands Gill - Burnopfield - Stanley.
New route offering a new link to Stanley from Blaydon and Winlaton.

X19: Alnwick - Amble - Ashington - Bedlington - Blyth - Seaton Sluice - Whitley Bay - North Shields - Royal Quays. New route to offer a faster link to North Shields from Ashington and Bedlington. Also allow Blyth a new link to North Shields and Royal Quays.
(08 Apr 2018, 4:03 pm)S830OFT wrote [ -> ]14: Throckley - Lemington - Blaydon - Winlaton - Rowlands Gill - Burnopfield - Stanley.

X19: Alnwick - Amble - Ashington - Bedlington - Blyth - Seaton Sluice - Whitley Bay - North Shields - Royal Quays. New route to offer a faster link to North Shields from Ashington and Bedlington. Also allow Blyth a new link to North Shields and Royal Quays.

I like the 14 idea
Am I the only person that thinks it would make more sense for the X9/X10 to serve Bolden cinema surely it get more passengers then it does from testos roundabout
(12 Apr 2018, 3:32 pm)Ds1197 wrote [ -> ]Am I the only person that thinks it would make more sense for the X9/X10 to serve Bolden cinema surely it get more passengers then it does from testos roundabout

It would be good for it to serve boldon cinema but the only problem this would have is it would take away the ability to divert the x9/10 off the A19 due to bad delays, especially around testo's roundabout, which will get worse once the major project starts later this year/start of next year to create a flyover
(08 Apr 2018, 4:03 pm)S830OFT wrote [ -> ]14: Throckley - Lemington - Blaydon - Winlaton - Rowlands Gill - Burnopfield - Stanley.

X19 is a good one,but it would be better ending at jarrow bus station.if it runs every 30 mins, it can replace service 5 as cross Tyne service,which would give new customers more destinations direct from south Tyneside.at present all travel for north services we have to travel thru newcastle ,changing and walking across newcastle.a one bus direct service as suggested x19 would be a brilliant service

(12 Apr 2018, 3:32 pm)Ds1197 wrote [ -> ]Am I the only person that thinks it would make more sense for the X9/X10 to serve Bolden cinema surely it get more passengers then it does from testos roundabout

If it served the bold on cinema area the diversion used thru Washington could not happen.testos is too busy an area and gets congested regularly.

(12 Apr 2018, 4:36 pm)N1cholas wrote [ -> ]It would be good for it to serve boldon cinema but the only problem this would have is it would take away the ability to divert the x9/10 off the A19 due to bad delays, especially around testo's roundabout, which will get worse once the major project starts later this year/start of next year to create a flyover

I don't see why it would need to serve Boldon Cinema? It would only increase a journey time that is long enough, now that some detour into Dalton Park.
(12 Apr 2018, 7:17 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]I don't see why it would need to serve Boldon Cinema? It would only increase a journey time that is long enough, now that some detour into Dalton Park.

I agree, I like the length of the routes at the moment time. It's a balance between serving key points and journey time. I still prefer it to driving all of the way there, nice trip out. Not sure I'd be saying the same if I had to use it every day end-to-end, but there's another debate for another day!
Tynedale Links 74 increased frequency to every 2 hours instead of every 3.

New service 75, Newcastle Airport - Kingston Park - Cowgate - Newcastle Blackett Street - Killingworth

Crusader express to compete with the Metro.
Crusader express to compete with the Metro.
[/quote]

That could work but GNE would have to have cheaper price to to get people to switch.

However H1 could change into Express still serving South Tyneside Hospital  as town centres only/near metro station and GNE will need to provide Double Deckers for it to cope.
(15 Apr 2018, 2:58 pm)Panasonic44 wrote [ -> ]Crusader express to compete with the Metro.

That could work but GNE would have to have cheaper price to to get people to switch.

However H1 could change into Express still serving South Tyneside Hospital  as town centres only/near metro station and GNE will need to provide Double Deckers for it to cope.
[/quote]

GNE is cheaper than Metro if only using their services and not using bus and Metro in the same day. Metro is only cheaper if you don't need a bus all day. Between Newcastle and South Shields on GNE would be £6.50 for the day. Crusader is £5 return which is quite expensive when compared to £4 all day on the Metro. £6.50 all day in two zones (Purple and Red) is a good deal from GNE. Currently I pay £7.20 for a Day Rover to get to South Shields, and that is going up at the end of this month. I don't especially like the Metro and only use it because it gets me there much quicker. I much prefer the Crusader 27.  

I think Crusader express could seriously compete with the Metro.  Even part of the route express would be a good move from GNE. There are so many stops on the route.
Could the 74 operate more frequently? I have been on a few trips on the 74 now, and it looks to be reasonably popular.
53/54 to merge with the 29.
Haven't quite been able to work out the best way of doing it yet.

Feel free to offer help or advice.
(21 Apr 2018, 10:26 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]53/54 to merge with the 29.
Haven't quite been able to work out the best way of doing it yet.

Feel free to offer help or advice.

Could just join it onto 33s. There's a fair amount of layover on either and wouldn't be half as confusing to figure it out.
333- extended all along the coast to Whitley Bay Metro after reaching the broadway. Not cutting into Whitley until Spanish city. Increased PVR to 2
I fixed the 9 in the evenings.

This is before:
[Image: unknown.png]

This is after:
[Image: unknown.png]

This means there's only one journey with no proper connection (arriving sunderland from Murton at 18:27)

Streetlites did enter service at 18:36, 18:41 19:06, 19:36, 20:06
Streetlites now enter service at 17:44, 18:15, 19:19, 19:47, 20:11

If streetlites aren't avaliable at the earlier times then it would mean only 3 halves depart before the other arrives at Sunderland. I don't know when the Streetlites are available in depth to draw conclusions, but I think this would make the timetable more sensible. A key to show a connection isn't guaranteed would be useful but hopefully is clear enough.
Could this service not go on through Tyne tunnel to jarrow and South Shields.this would open a new transport area from south Tyneside into Northumberland without having to travel to Newcastle .

(15 Apr 2018, 2:58 pm)Panasonic44 wrote [ -> ]Crusader express to compete with the Metro.

[/quote]

H1 was just set up by GNE to pacify councillors etc.the way it is set up to run,is for it to deliberately fail.it is on a 6 month trial, and after seeing its loading are,I will bet it is going to be withdrawn later. I do not think GNE will make 27 an express,as it will interfere with their income on this route,and costs would increase.
Service Suggestion:
2: Silksworth - Tunstall - Hollycarside - Grangetown - Sunderland City Centre - Fulwell The Grange - Cleadon - Harton Nook - South Shields. 
Service increased to Every 12 minutes, extended to South Shields to replace services 20/20A/X20. The service will no longer serve Toward Road and will instead operate direct to the interchange. Service 2A will be withdrawn.

X4: Seaham - Mill Inn - Seaton - Hall Lane - Houghton - Fence Houses - Shiney Row - Non Stop - Washington Galleries - Heworth - Gateshead Interchange - Newcastle. New Express Service from Seaham to Newcastle, the route will operate to Houghton replacing service 238, the service will then operate segments of the 4 route missing out The Arts Centre and Concord. The service will also drop into Rainton Bridge at peak times allowing service 921 to be withdrawn.

X6/7: Revised to serve all stops on Coast Road and the Village Memorial Stop, it will not serve Hollycarside and will operate straight to Grangetown. It will also no longer serve Burdon Road.

20/A/X: Revised to operate Sunderland to Durham only.

33: Silksworth - Barnes - Royal Hospital - Sunderland City Centre - Ashbrooke - Leechmere Asda - Hollycarside - Esdale Estate - Tunstall Bank. Service revised to serve the Hospital, no longer serve Durham Road and The Docks. The service will recieve a new 30 minute frequency and operate the old 38/238 route aswell. 33A withdrawn.

35: Revised to serve Silksworth instead of Durham Road and the Hospital. The 33/35/36 combined will offer 6 buses an hour between Silksworth and Sunderland.

38/238: Withdrawn

39: Doxford International - Ryhope - Grangetown - Toward Road - Sunderland City - Royal Hospital - Pennywell - Shiney Row - Lambton - Galleries. Frequency decreased to Every 20 minutes, in Pennywell the service will operate Anti Clockwise but cut out at the Industrial Estate. The service will then operate the 2 route to the Galleries. 

60: Revised to operate Every 15 minutes and serve Toward Road.

77/77A: The Docks - Sunderland City Centre - Royal Hospital - Chester Road - Barnwell - Biddick - Galleries. 
New daytime services revised to replace segments of service 2A and 33.

238 Revised to operate Hall Lane to Barnwell only.

PVR Weekday Daytime:
2: 11
X4: 3
X6/7: 4
20s: 13
33: 4
35: 8
39: 9
60: 6
77/A: 4
238: 1
Allocations: 
2: (5463 - 5473) 
X4: Any Spare Vehicle from Washington
X6/X7: (691 - 694)
20s: (5420 - 5432)
33s: (697 - 700)
35s: Retain Solars
39s: (5433 - 5441)
60s: (5369 - 5374)
77s: (5474 - 5477)
238: 689
516: 681
Spare Buses:
5478 - 5480 (Corporate Livery)
5375, 5376 (Corporate Livery)
690 (Black Cats Spare)

5478 - 5480 will be spares for the 2 and 20.
5375, 5376 will be spares for services 39 and 60.
690 will be spare for all Midi Bus operated services.
(23 May 2018, 10:27 am)S830OFT wrote [ -> ]Service Suggestion:
2: Silksworth - Tunstall - Hollycarside - Grangetown - Sunderland City Centre - Fulwell The Grange - Cleadon - Harton Nook - South Shields. 
Service increased to Every 12 minutes, extended to South Shields to replace services 20/20A/X20. The service will no longer serve Toward Road and will instead operate direct to the interchange. Service 2A will be withdrawn.

X4: Seaham - Mill Inn - Seaton - Hall Lane - Houghton - Fence Houses - Shiney Row - Non Stop - Washington Galleries - Heworth - Gateshead Interchange - Newcastle. New Express Service from Seaham to Newcastle, the route will operate to Houghton replacing service 238, the service will then operate segments of the 4 route missing out The Arts Centre and Concord. The service will also drop into Rainton Bridge at peak times allowing service 921 to be withdrawn.

X6/7: Revised to serve all stops on Coast Road and the Village Memorial Stop, it will not serve Hollycarside and will operate straight to Grangetown. It will also no longer serve Burdon Road.

20/A/X: Revised to operate Sunderland to Durham only.

33: Silksworth - Barnes - Royal Hospital - Sunderland City Centre - Ashbrooke - Leechmere Asda - Hollycarside - Esdale Estate - Tunstall Bank. Service revised to serve the Hospital, no longer serve Durham Road and The Docks. The service will recieve a new 30 minute frequency and operate the old 38/238 route aswell. 33A withdrawn.

35: Revised to serve Silksworth instead of Durham Road and the Hospital. The 33/35/36 combined will offer 6 buses an hour between Silksworth and Sunderland.

38/238: Withdrawn

39: Doxford International - Ryhope - Grangetown - Toward Road - Sunderland City - Royal Hospital - Pennywell - Shiney Row - Lambton - Galleries. Frequency decreased to Every 20 minutes, in Pennywell the service will operate Anti Clockwise but cut out at the Industrial Estate. The service will then operate the 2 route to the Galleries. 

60: Revised to operate Every 15 minutes and serve Toward Road.

77/77A: The Docks - Sunderland City Centre - Royal Hospital - Chester Road - Barnwell - Biddick - Galleries. 
New daytime services revised to replace segments of service 2A and 33.

238 Revised to operate Hall Lane to Barnwell only.

PVR Weekday Daytime:
2: 11
X4: 3
X6/7: 4
20s: 13
33: 4
35: 8
39: 9
60: 6
77/A: 4
238: 1

X4 been done before and didn’t work out.

Service 60 should extend to South Shields on 10 minute service and terminate the 20 at Sunderland.

Keep the x6/x7 via burdon road as it quick access to the city centre than hiking all the way from the interchange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(23 May 2018, 10:50 am)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]X4 been done before and didn’t work out.

Service 60 should extend to South Shields on 10 minute service and terminate the 20 at Sunderland.

Keep the x6/x7 via burdon road as it quick access to the city centre than hiking all the way from the interchange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they need the 60 to cross the river, when the 9 does the same?
I think offering a cross-river service from a different direction is the best option.

How about the 2? Send that to Shields rather than Silksworth and have the 36 fill the gap left by the 2 between Sunderland and Silksworth.
It would also reinstate the historic connections between Ryhope and Houghton.
The 2 going to Shields would also ensure a direct connection to the hospital for those areas on the north side that lost it a few years back.