North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Service Suggestions v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(22 May 2021, 9:02 pm)logidoodah wrote [ -> ]Seeing as quite a few people are saying single deckers are probably adequate on 1A/1B Coaster Services, is there any other routes on GNE's network that are singles but should be upgraded. So then they could have the hybrids and the coaster whatever can be euro 6. Maybe 60 or 8/78?
Services 8, 60 & 78 cannot be allocated Deckers due to low bridges on all 3 routes.  The routes would need to be changed if that was to happen.
(23 May 2021, 7:40 am)big mac wrote [ -> ]How about the 25?  At the moment it's operated by a mixture of singles and doubles, but the route is an amalgamation of two routes that used to always have deckers (1 and X25).

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

I believe the Toonlink deckers on the 58 will eventually end up on the 25 when the next batch of Voltra buses come which we're planned for them unless things have changed. It's what was mentioned awhile back.
There will never ever be an X Lines in North Tyneside unless GNE find a great link that makes X Lines work in North Tyneside. Newcastle to Blyth. Newcastle To Ashington. But I doubt it
(23 May 2021, 5:32 pm)Micheal Aaron wrote [ -> ]There will never ever be an X Lines in North Tyneside unless GNE find a great link that makes X Lines work in North Tyneside. Newcastle to Blyth. Newcastle To Ashington. But I doubt it

Just thought the X-Line Colours should link with areas more the only one that does X5/X15
(23 May 2021, 5:32 pm)Micheal Aaron wrote [ -> ]There will never ever be an X Lines in North Tyneside unless GNE find a great link that makes X Lines work in North Tyneside. Newcastle to Blyth. Newcastle To Ashington. But I doubt it
Unless they fancy an X38, would be a dream come true compared to a limp mode VDL Gemini and the Benfield Road brigade legging it at the last minute paying a short fare with a £20 note!
I'd love to see an X Lines in North Tyneside/Northumberland. Personally if I had to guess or fave a bus they would use. It would ethier be.
A, VDL DB300 Wright Gemini 2
B, Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini
C, Scania CN230UB OmniCity
D, ADL Enviro 200MMC

The route. Probably Newcastle to Blyth Via Airport Dinnington Wide-open Seaton Burn Annitsford Cramlington Bedlington then Blyth. Yea bit of a complicated route but I think it would work
(23 May 2021, 6:26 pm)Micheal Aaron wrote [ -> ]I'd love to see an X Lines in North Tyneside/Northumberland. Personally if I had to guess or fave a bus they would use. It would ethier be.
A, VDL DB300 Wright Gemini 2
B, Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini
C, Scania CN230UB OmniCity
D, ADL Enviro 200MMC

The route. Probably Newcastle to Blyth Via Airport Dinnington Wide-open Seaton Burn Annitsford Cramlington Bedlington then Blyth. Yea bit of a complicated route but I think it would work

You're just obsessed with North Tyneside and creating a new route for your own area. I'd like improved links in my own area, but think it's satisfactory, and improvenents would benefit nearby areas, not just my own. For example Westerhope provides a link into the A1 for services to Hexham, Durham and Teesside etc or along Stamfordham Road into Newcastle to Gateshead and North & South Tyneside. Links to Alnwick, plus Ashington & Blyth from Westerhope too. Maybe a quicker service than Little Coasters 42A would be useful across that route, but not X-lines, it's quite good for Killingworth or Four Lane Ends already, just maybe beyond that could be quicker, but it's unusual for anyone to use the service for it's full route between Kingston Park and Wallsend. Personally I'd split the service at Killingworth, and have a service to Blyth via Wallsend from there alongside the 42 to Cramlington and Wallsend.
See these are just ideas but tbh it won't happen. Gne have basically lost NT to Arriva and Stagecoach. Give it Time till GCT take over North Tyneside. The litral only good routes in NT are 309/310/1A/1B obviously the 311 is not. I've been on the 311 before. I've never seen anyone stay on further than Battle Hill. The 311 is a cut down version of the 57 which replaced the 58. The 309 is basically been taken over by the 308 and the 306 to Newcastle. The 310 is decent. The 311 follows the 310 to Battle Hill. The fact past Battle Hill. There's too many buses that go to Newcastle. Even at the corner house. Your met with the 306 308 38 51 51A 52. The 309 is outnumbered in Whitly Bay by the 308 and the 51. Even the 306 to Newcastle (even though it goes via Tynemouth)

The 1A and 1B basically just go onto stagecoach area of Byker. It's odd seeing a coaster decker in between all of them stagecoach buses in Byker.

Also a side not. Why is the Q3 Riverside bassed. It would be easier to run it out of Percy Main. Just my opinion
(23 May 2021, 10:39 pm)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]Looking at services like the 710 & 131 which run once a day/afew times from the South Scottish borders and Newcastle I was thinking about GNE operating something similar however on an hourly basis here is a route I was thinking:

CB1
Galashiels
Tweedbank
Melrose
St Bothwells
Jedburgh
Byreness village
West Woodburn
Chollerton
Low brunton
Wall
Acomb
Hexham (5 minute layover time/driver switchover)
Corbridge
Heddon
Newcastle Eldon Square

The service will call at all stops it passes between Galashiels & Jedburgh then from Jedburgh will call at Carter bar summit, byreness village, West Woodburn school, Chollerton-the Shieling, low Brunton Crossroads, Wall-The hadrian Hotel, Acomb garage, Hexham bus station then to Newcastle Via the X85 route & stops to Newcastle this service will operate

This service should take about 2 hours & 43 minutes which will operate at a PVR of 6

This service will operate hourly on Mon to Fri with the first run being a short journey Hexham (this service is purely to for to get to Galashiels for the first service to Newcastle as opposed to a 90 minute dead run, they might only make acouple of pound though even still is better than running dead for 90 minutes from Hexham depot or 103 minutes from Riverside depot) leaving at 05:30 with arriving into Galashiels at 07:20 with the first southbound service interworking off that leaving Galashiels at 07.30 (hourly from the to Newcastle till 17:30 followed by the last 3 hexham shorts at 18:30, 19:30 & 20:30)arriving into Newcastle at 10.13, the first full northbound service will leave Newcastle at 7.37 and after that will run hourly till the last northbound  run at 17.37 arriving into Galashiels at 20:20. The last full service off Galashiels will be at 17:30 arriving into Newcastle at 20:13 there will be 3 short trips to Hexham at 18:30, 19:30 & 20:30. Additionally there will be another 2 other northbound short leaving Hexham at 6:30 & 7.30.

Ticketing:
All normal GNE fares/pass acceptance will apply on the England part of the route however In Scotland there will be an extra zone added, 5-25 fares will be the same for each side of the border but will increase for cross border journeys, passengers with regular GNE day tickets for England will only be able to travel as far as byreness village with special adult day tickets being available for cross border journeys

131? Does GNE have a 131?

Sounds like a good suggestion, for the route and the fares/passes. Not sure it needs an hourly service.
(23 May 2021, 10:45 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]131? Does GNE have a 131?

Sounds like a good suggestion, for the route and the fares/passes. Not sure it needs an hourly service.
The 131 is peter hoggs of Jedburgh
(23 May 2021, 10:51 pm)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]The 131 is peter hoggs of Jedburgh

Ah, yes. Have you been on it?

GNE could introduce a new service, with the 131 and 710 running different routes to your suggestion.
Placed this in the wrong place earlier so I'll move it to save the admin team a job

Looking at services like the 710 & 131 which run once a day/afew times from the South Scottish borders and Newcastle I was thinking about GNE operating something similar however on an hourly basis here is a route I was thinking:

CB1
Galashiels
Tweedbank
Melrose
St Bothwells
Jedburgh
Byreness village
West Woodburn
Chollerton
Low brunton
Wall
Acomb
Corbridge
Heddon
Newcastle Eldon Square

The service will call at all stops it passes between Galashiels & Jedburgh then from Jedburgh will call at Carter bar summit, byreness village, West Woodburn school, Chollerton-the Shieling, low Brunton Crossroads, Wall-The hadrian Hotel, Acomb garage, Hexham bus station then to Newcastle Via the X85 route & stops to Newcastle this service will operate

This service should take about 2 hours & 43 minutes which will operate at a PVR of 6This service will operate hourly on Mon to Fri with the first run being a short journey Hexham (this service is purely to for to get to Galashiels for the first service to Newcastle as opposed to a 90 minute dead run, they might only make acouple of pound though even still is better than running dead for 90 minutes from Hexham depot or 103 minutes from Riverside depot) leaving at 05:30 with arriving into Galashiels at 07:20 with the first southbound service interworking off that leaving Galashiels at 07.30 (hourly from the to Newcastle till 17:30 followed by the last 3 hexham shorts at 18:30, 19:30 & 20:30) arriving into Newcastle at 10.13, the first full northbound service will leave Newcastle at 7.37 and after that will run hourly till the last northbound  run at 17.37 arriving into Galashiels at 20:20. The last full service off Galashiels will be at 17:30 arriving into Newcastle at 20:13 there will be 3 short trips to Hexham at 18:30, 19:30 & 20:30. Additionally there will be another 2 other northbound short leaving Hexham at 6:30 & 7.30.

Ticketing:
All normal GNE fares/pass acceptance will apply on the England part of the route however In Scotland there will be an extra zone added, 5-25 fares will be the same for each side of the border but will increase for cross border journeys, passengers with regular GNE day tickets for England will only be able to travel as far as byreness village with special adult day tickets being available for cross border journeys
(23 May 2021, 10:53 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]Ah, yes. Have you been on it?

GNE could introduce a new service, with the 131 and 710 running different routes to your suggestion.

Only done the 131 on a short hop from Eldon Square to Central. Moved the suggestion to the right place now
(23 May 2021, 8:36 am)BFK wrote [ -> ]Services 8, 60 & 78 cannot be allocated Deckers due to low bridges on all 3 routes.  The routes would need to be changed if that was to happen.

Ah Damn, I didn't know that. And it would be the 3 routes I chose that couldn't be upgraded without change. haha
(23 May 2021, 8:36 am)BFK wrote [ -> ]Services 8, 60 & 78 cannot be allocated Deckers due to low bridges on all 3 routes.  The routes would need to be changed if that was to happen.
What about tri-axle single deckers e.g. E200 XLB

Where’s the low bridge for service 60?, the only low bridge that I know is where the X6/X7 goes along the coast route to Seaham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(24 May 2021, 2:25 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Where’s the low bridge for service 60?, the only low bridge that I know is where the X6/X7 goes along the coast route to Seaham

The only one I can think of that would be considered low enough for a warning is Tempest Road in Seaham, near the station. However, looking on Google Maps, it has a 16ft limit on it. So the same as the railway arch in Hills Street, Gateshead, where deckers pass under all constantly.
(24 May 2021, 2:37 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]The only one I can think of that would be considered low enough for a warning is Tempest Road in Seaham, near the station. However, looking on Google Maps, it has a 16ft limit on it. So the same as the railway arch in Hills Street, Gateshead, where deckers pass under all constantly.

Thanks for your message, It’s just that the X95 used to be ran by expresslink double deckers to Parkside and it’s mostly the same route as the 60 now, but some road layouts have changed since then in Seaham

(23 May 2021, 10:56 pm)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]Placed this in the wrong place earlier so I'll move it to save the admin team a job

Looking at services like the 710 & 131 which run once a day/afew times from the South Scottish borders and Newcastle I was thinking about GNE operating something similar however on an hourly basis here is a route I was thinking:

CB1
Galashiels
Tweedbank
Melrose
St Bothwells
Jedburgh
Byreness village
West Woodburn
Chollerton
Low brunton
Wall
Acomb
Corbridge
Heddon
Newcastle Eldon Square

This service should take about 2 hours & 43 minutes which will operate at a PVR of 6This service will operate hourly on Mon to Fri with the first run being a short journey Hexham (this service is purely to for to get to Galashiels for the first service to Newcastle as opposed to a 90 minute dead run, they might only make acouple of pound though even still is better than running dead for 90 minutes from Hexham depot or 103 minutes from Riverside depot) leaving at 05:30 with arriving into Galashiels at 07:20 with the first southbound service interworking off that leaving Galashiels at 07.30 (hourly from the to Newcastle till 17:30 followed by the last 3 hexham shorts at 18:30, 19:30 & 20:30) arriving into Newcastle at 10.13, the first full northbound service will leave Newcastle at 7.37 and after that will run hourly till the last northbound  run at 17.37 arriving into Galashiels at 20:20. The last full service off Galashiels will be at 17:30 arriving into Newcastle at 20:13 there will be 3 short trips to Hexham at 18:30, 19:30 & 20:30. Additionally there will be another 2 other northbound short leaving Hexham at 6:30 & 7.30.

Ticketing:

Your suggestion could easily be merged with the 680 which runs from Hexham to Bellingham via Acomb and Wall and then onwards up to Galashiels, I would also potentially look a second service following the same up to Jedburgh but then going via Kelso to Berwick-Upon-Tweed. I'd also have these as local services with a few journey's a day in each direction.

I also have this suggestion:

75 - Rothbury - Whitton - Low Hesleyhurst - Nunnykirk - Netherwhitton - Meldon - Walton - Ogle - Ponteland Non Stop To Newcastle

Service would operate 3 morning journey's departing Rothbury at 06:00/07:00 and 8:00 enabling those who work in Newcastle but don't drive a better option to get to/from work, The 3 evening journey's would depart Newcastle at 17:00/18:00 & 19:00 with an approximate journey time of 66 minutes.
(24 May 2021, 2:37 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]The only one I can think of that would be considered low enough for a warning is Tempest Road in Seaham, near the station. However, looking on Google Maps, it has a 16ft limit on it. So the same as the railway arch in Hills Street, Gateshead, where deckers pass under all constantly.

There's a low bridge in Dawdon that it goes under (Hill Crescent). 12ft 3 according to Google maps.