North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Service Suggestions v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12 Nov 2021, 2:57 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Isn’t there a service 62 now between Seaham-Dalton Park-Murton etc… and  there’s the X6 between Seaham and Dalton Park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes hourly. A regular half hourly service between Seaham, Dalton Park and Murton has been long overdue. As we discussed with the 62/X6 right now, previous attempts weren’t coordinated, the 265/202 used to offer a 40 minute gap as opposed to half hourly. Half hourly for a bus service is such a big difference.

For the 62/X6 issue: 
Here’s how I think it would be best to work. X6 half hourly Peterlee to Sunderland via Dalton Park and Seaham. 62 hourly same route but operating Peterlee to Seaham only, I still maintain that everywhere on the 62 route has quicker, more frequent routes to Sunderland - Arriva 23, Arriva 22, GNE 55 & GNE 61. Interwork pattern of 62-X6-62A-X6. PVR of 6, which is the same as now, but the 38A is lost from this pattern.
(15 Nov 2021, 5:42 pm)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]Yes hourly. A regular half hourly service between Seaham, Dalton Park and Murton has been long overdue. As we discussed with the 62/X6 right now, previous attempts weren’t coordinated, the 265/202 used to offer a 40 minute gap as opposed to half hourly. Half hourly for a bus service is such a big difference.

For the 62/X6 issue: 
Here’s how I think it would be best to work. X6 half hourly Peterlee to Sunderland via Dalton Park and Seaham. 62 hourly same route but operating Peterlee to Seaham only, I still maintain that everywhere on the 62 route has quicker, more frequent routes to Sunderland - Arriva 23, Arriva 22, GNE 55 & GNE 61. Interwork pattern of 62-X6-62A-X6. PVR of 6, which is the same as now, but the 38A is lost from this pattern.
From Dawdon the 62 is faster. Would be nice to get a Parkside or Station Road connection to seaham. Maybe a 62B to Station Road.
I think Go North East missed a trick with the X1 as the route through to Peterlee from Easington Lane is the same as the 55, you then have the 62 taking different route from Easington Village to Peterlee via Horden, I'd personally separate the route from the 55 and have the X1 go via it's current route to Dalton Park however additionally serving Murton and then i'd go into Peterlee via the 62 route from Easington Village/Horden opening up some further new links to passengers in these areas.

This would however then mean crossing over with the X6 between Dalton Park and Peterlee, so this got me thinking why not try the below. 

X1 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Q.E. Hospital - Wrekenton - Springwell Village - Washington Galleries - Shiney Row - Houghton-Le-Spring - Hetton-Le-Hole - Easington Lane - Murton - Dalton Park - Hawthorn - Easington Colliery - Horden - Peterlee Bus Station 

Service would operate hourly Monday to Sundays.

X2 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Q.E. Hospital - Wrekenton - Springwell Village - Washington Galleries - Shiney Row - Houghton-Le-Spring - Hetton-Le-Hole - Easington Lane - Murton - Dalton Park - Spectrum Business Park - Seaham - Grangetown - Sunderland

Service would operate hourly Monday to Sundays

X6 - Peterlee - Easington Village - Dalton Park - Spectrum Business Park - Seaham - Grangetown - Sunderland

Service would operate Every 30 Minutes Monday to Saturday, Hourly Service on Sundays introduced.  .
(15 Nov 2021, 7:37 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I think Go North East missed a trick with the X1 as the route through to Peterlee from Easington Lane is the same as the 55, you then have the 62 taking different route from Easington Village to Peterlee via Horden, I'd personally separate the route from the 55 and have the X1 go via it's current route to Dalton Park however additionally serving Murton and then i'd go into Peterlee via the 62 route from Easington Village/Horden opening up some further new links to passengers in these areas.

This would however then mean crossing over with the X6 between Dalton Park and Peterlee, so this got me thinking why not try the below. 

X1 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Q.E. Hospital - Wrekenton - Springwell Village - Washington Galleries - Shiney Row - Houghton-Le-Spring - Hetton-Le-Hole - Easington Lane - Murton - Dalton Park - Hawthorn - Easington Colliery - Horden - Peterlee Bus Station 

Service would operate hourly Monday to Sundays.

X2 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Q.E. Hospital - Wrekenton - Springwell Village - Washington Galleries - Shiney Row - Houghton-Le-Spring - Hetton-Le-Hole - Easington Lane - Murton - Dalton Park - Spectrum Business Park - Seaham - Grangetown - Sunderland

Service would operate hourly Monday to Sundays

X6 - Peterlee - Easington Village - Dalton Park - Spectrum Business Park - Seaham - Grangetown - Sunderland

Service would operate Every 30 Minutes Monday to Saturday, Hourly Service on Sundays introduced.  .
X7 - Peterlee - A19 - Dalton Park - Seaham - Station Road - Ryhope - Hendon - Sunderland - A690 - Washington
X3 Newcastle - Gateshead - Heworth - Springwell Village - Washington Galleries - Shiney Row - Houghton-Le-Spring - A690 - Sunderland - Seaham (maybe as a terminus or extend upto Parkside) Giving the route every 10 mins frequency, with the current X1 being every 30 mins, letting the 56 pick up the passengers from Concord to Newcastle
Extend the 47 to Blackhall Mill River view, they have had been reduced to every 60 mins, extedning the 47 would give it a better every 30 mins.

Extend either X5 or X15 to Langley park and the other to arnison centre.
(16 Nov 2021, 9:21 am)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Extend the 47 to Blackhall Mill River view, they have had been reduced to every 60 mins, extedning the 47 would give it a better every 30 mins.

You'd have to from Lanchester via Hamsteels into Langley Park rather the having one of the routes continuing via the A691 Durham Road and into Langley Park as you'd be double backing on yourself.

The latter would take you away from the existing route as it would better to go from Witton Gilbert through Sacristion to Plawsworth and down the A167 to Arnison Centre adding a substantial amount of time to the service.
(16 Nov 2021, 8:25 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]You'd have to from Lanchester via Hamsteels into Langley Park rather the having one of the routes continuing via the A691 Durham Road and into Langley Park as you'd be double backing on yourself.

The latter would take you away from the existing route as it would better to go from Witton Gilbert through Sacristion to Plawsworth and down the A167 to Arnison Centre adding a substantial amount of time to the service.
Sorry I awfully worded that, I meant add Langley park and Arnison Centre into X5 or X15.
(16 Nov 2021, 9:21 am)Keeiajs wrote [ -> ]Extend the 47 to Blackhall Mill River view, they have had been reduced to every 60 mins, extedning the 47 would give it a better every 30 mins.

47/47A already both combine to give a 30 minute frequency from Blackhall Mill to Newcastle although not from River View.
New Services Ideas
10C (Every 30 Mins): Newcastle - Metrocentre - Blaydon - Crookhill - Ryton - Ryton Village - Crawcrook - Clara Vale (Would Replace Nexus R1 & R4) Hopefully interworks with 10/10A/10B if possible.

24/24A/24B (Every 10 Mins): Newcastle - Gateshead - Bensham - Low Fell - Allerdene (24) Harlow Green - Wrekenton (24) - Team Valley South (24A) -  Kibblesworth (24A) - Washington Galleries (24B). 
Would Replace 25 (Newcastle - Wrekenton)  28A/29 (28A no longer serves Kibblesworth). 

X22 Renumbered M1
M2: Washington - Team Valley - Lobley Hill - Dunston - Metrocentre (Hourly, Could Replace 939)
M3: Heworth - Fewster Square - Springwell Estate - Wrekenton - Team Valley - Metrocentre (Hourly, Could also replace 92)
This isnt really a GNE Suggestion more a bit of competiton.
Brand: Washington Fives, Would be Green & Black (i.e. Trent Bartons Mainline)
Number: 5
Route: Coach Road Estate, Donwell, Concord, B&Q, Blackfell (Thirlmoor), Oxclose, The Galleries, Sainsburys, Glebe, Fallowfield Way
Frequency: Up to Every 20 Mins 
Vehicle Allocation: Enviro 200 MMC 8.9m
https://www.sunderlandecho.com/business/...PPEvzaNZ00 

Suggestions for either a 60 & X60 or 61 & 61A. 

60 - Normal Route Every 20 Mins. 

60A - Parkside - Princess Road - Seaham - Deneside - Dalton Park - A19 - Ryhope - Doxford Park - A690 - Sunderland. Every 20 mins. 

Operated by new E200 MMCs.

61 Normal Route Every 30 mins.

61A - Murton - Dalton Park - New Seaham - Ryhope - Doxford Park - A690 - Sunderland Every 30 Mins.

5369-5376 - Upgrade for either 55 or X20.
Would a direct service from Durham to Hexham Work? 
Maybe same as X5/X15 to Lanchester then B6296, Longedge Lane, A68 & A69 to Corbridge then same as 682 to Hexham.

Also, How about a 704 Between Lanchester, Maiden Law, Burnhope, Holmside, Blackhouse, Pelton Fell & Chester-Le-Street
(15 Nov 2021, 5:18 pm)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]Why shouldn’t the 19 be branded as Little Coasters? Just curious of the reasons. To me it makes as much sense as the X6/62 to Sunderland being branded as Peterlee Purples.

Sorry slow reply. I always see the Little Coasters brand being the Wallsend locals brand where you can connect onto the Coaster whereas the 19 doesn't serve Wallsend at all and doesn't really connect to the Coaster anywhere either. 

You can't ever use the Coast reference either as it's literally the only bus in all the SE places excluding Cramlington which doesn't serve the coast. For example:

Bedlington Station.
1, 2 - Blyth
X21 - Newbiggin

Seaton Delaval.
X7 - Seaton Sluice
57/57A - Whitley

Ashington.
X21/X22 - Newbiggin
35 - Newbiggin
1 - Blyth / Widdrington
X20 - Amble
Very confusing branding. The Little Coaster bus, 'the only bus not to serve the Coast'. 

It really imo deserves its own brand as it's not a local route because of those using the Metro / Ferry to Cobalt link so would actually be handy. Get the Metro to Northumberland Park then get the Pink 19 to Cobalt for example.
(03 Dec 2021, 11:09 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Sorry slow reply. I always see the Little Coasters brand being the Wallsend locals brand where you can connect onto the Coaster whereas the 19 doesn't serve Wallsend at all and doesn't really connect to the Coaster anywhere either. 

You can't ever use the Coast reference either as it's literally the only bus in all the SE places excluding Cramlington which doesn't serve the coast. For example:

Bedlington Station.
1, 2 - Blyth
X21 - Newbiggin

Seaton Delaval.
X7 - Seaton Sluice
57/57A - Whitley

Ashington.
X21/X22 - Newbiggin
35 - Newbiggin
1 - Blyth / Widdrington
X20 - Amble
Very confusing branding. The Little Coaster bus, 'the only bus not to serve the Coast'. 

It really imo deserves its own brand as it's not a local route because of those using the Metro / Ferry to Cobalt link so would actually be handy. Get the Metro to Northumberland Park then get the Pink 19 to Cobalt for example.
I think its branded that way because you can connect to the 1 at North Shields. Even though i think most people would probably use ANE or get the 309 from Cobalt to reach the  Coast
(04 Dec 2021, 7:31 am)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]I think its branded that way because you can connect to the 1 at North Shields. Even though i think most people would probably use ANE or get the 309 from Cobalt to reach the  Coast

Nah it was more when they cut the 41 in half and ditched the 42 to Shields they had Solos spare so they just allocated them to the 19 to withdraw the B7's so instead of repainting them it just because part of the brand to save money repainting them again.
(03 Dec 2021, 10:53 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]Would a direct service from Durham to Hexham Work? 
Maybe same as X5/X15 to Lanchester then B6296, Longedge Lane, A68 & A69 to Corbridge then same as 682 to Hexham.

Also, How about a 704 Between Lanchester, Maiden Law, Burnhope, Holmside, Blackhouse, Pelton Fell & Chester-Le-Street

I'm not sure that anyone but a handful of enthusiasts would use a direct Durham to Hexham service. 

Whilst you can't predict that say 20 people will use it per trip in each direction, it should be possible to model likely demand based on employment, education, shopping and leisure. None of which, I think it's fair to say, would result in a trip to Durham. 

Durham to Lanchester already has a decent service, as does Corbridge to Hexham. Given you're not serving anything between there, as your proposed route has literally nothing to serve, then I'd say the answer is no.
(03 Dec 2021, 10:53 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]Would a direct service from Durham to Hexham Work? 

Imagine most people travelling from Hexham to Durham would use the train. It's only 58 minutes, you'll struggle to beat that with a bus.
(04 Dec 2021, 7:56 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Imagine most people travelling from Hexham to Durham would use the train. It's only 58 minutes, you'll struggle to beat that with a bus.
I'd rather spend an extra hour on the bus than trek up the bank to Durham train station, or trek from Hexham train station up the bank into the town.

Plus, it's considerably cheaper getting the bus!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
(04 Dec 2021, 8:04 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]I'd rather spend an extra hour on the bus than trek up the bank to Durham train station, or trek from Hexham train station up the bank into the town.

Plus, it's considerably cheaper getting the bus!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

To be fair can't imagine anyone doing it frequently it's a bit of a nowhere to nowhere service really. For the one off random journey sure the 2 hills wouldn't bother someone. I'd take it over 721 with it's luxury seating which is often allocated to the 689.
New 61A/X61

61/61A/X61

61A - Sunderland-Murton (Same as 61)
From The Colliery Inn it would be 61 in Reverse
Every 15 minutes Combined

X61 - Sunderland-Grangetown-Ryhope-A19-Dalton Park-Church Lane-Murton Station
Every 30 Minutes

It would give Sunderland-Dalton Park- Murton Station a frequency of 6ph

New 65A

Same as Current 65, only 65A goes round Cornwall Estate

Modified 62

In Seaham it stops on the 60 stand and the 65 stand, just have it continue straight up behind The Jobcentre and Doctors instead of doubling back

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk