North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Service Suggestions v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12 Jul 2022, 11:08 pm)Echolima07 wrote [ -> ]ASX_Terranova what would be the route it would take to go from Hill Street in Corbridge, to the Robin Hood in on the Military Road?
Also in reality it takes more than four minutes to get from Hexham Bus Station to St Andrew’s Cemetery during the day.
Depending on the traffic light sequence on Loosing Hill and Priestpopple it can sometimes take 1-2 minutes just to get out of the bus  station.
Via The B6321 & Aydon
Not a conventional suggestion but would there be much of a market for later evening runs leaving Newcastle on the X10, even if they only went as far as Peterlee?

I'm suggesting it for entirely selfish reasons - an 11pm departure I'd personally find quite useful; 8.20 last bus seems a bit rediculous to me, considering the last train is some 85 minutes later.
(14 Jul 2022, 1:00 pm)F114TML wrote [ -> ]Not a conventional suggestion but would there be much of a market for later evening runs leaving Newcastle on the X10, even if they only went as far as Peterlee?

I'm suggesting it for entirely selfish reasons - an 11pm departure I'd personally find quite useful; 8.20 last bus seems a bit rediculous to me, considering the last train is some 85 minutes later.
I would question  if after 7PM it really needs to serve Dalton Park as well as all shops are closed by then and it really only the cinema and McDonald’s and Morrisons still open and it’s unlikely anyone from Newcastle or Middlesbrough will be going though to watch a movie or get the weekly shopping especially at that time.  

I think it needs splitting back into the X9 and X10 as well.
(14 Jul 2022, 4:38 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]I would question  if after 7PM it really needs to serve Dalton Park as well as all shops are closed by then and it really only the cinema and McDonald’s and Morrisons still open and it’s unlikely anyone from Newcastle or Middlesbrough will be going though to watch a movie or get the weekly shopping especially at that time.  

I think it needs splitting back into the X9 and X10 as well.
Connections into Murton and Seaham, though Wink

(forgot they've chopped down the 65). I mean, they could run the extended journeys on the 61 later into the evening to connect at Peterlee if they wanted but let's be honest at this rate that's never going to happen.
Tbh a lot of people park at Dalton Park & Connect with the X10.
(14 Jul 2022, 1:00 pm)F114TML wrote [ -> ]Not a conventional suggestion but would there be much of a market for later evening runs leaving Newcastle on the X10, even if they only went as far as Peterlee?

This!! I’ve been wondering if it’s a possibility for ages, If the evening buses leaving dalton park were timed right it could make life a whole lot easier for people living through seaham and murton on an evening.
X39 Doxford Park - A690 - Sunderland 

Peak time, 07:00-11:00 & 16:10-18:30, even 30 mins. 

It can run off school routes.
(15 Jul 2022, 3:12 am)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]X39 Doxford Park - A690 - Sunderland 

Isn't that just this?
https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.ama...21July.pdf
(15 Jul 2022, 9:46 am)F114TML wrote [ -> ]Isn't that just this?
https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.ama...21July.pdf
Maybe, but ive never seen the X1 busy, the 55 has always been busier.
(15 Jul 2022, 3:12 am)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]X39 Doxford Park - A690 - Sunderland 

Theres already an X39
And? GNE have 2 route 41s, and until recently there were 2 33s.
(15 Jul 2022, 7:23 pm)F114TML wrote [ -> ]And? GNE have 2 route 41s, and until recently there were 2 33s.
And i'll think you'll find when theres a duplicate Route number with the same company,one is normally a contract and the other isnt
(15 Jul 2022, 9:53 am)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Maybe, but ive never seen the X1 busy, the 55 has always been busier.
The X1has easily outlived the 55. Another case of good SNE route planning.
(15 Jul 2022, 9:18 pm)Economic505 wrote [ -> ]The X1has easily outlived the 55. Another case of good SNE route planning.
Maybe GNE should plan the 55 like the X1 peak times only
(15 Jul 2022, 9:26 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Maybe GNE should plan the 55 like the X1 peak times only
GNE has a pretty pathetic footprint in Sunderland if truth be told. They've always been the "out of town" operator with the odd inner city route like the 39 nowadays.

The reason the X1 has survived and expanded is because you can get from virtually any part of Sunderland to Doxford with one bus change on a cheap Megarider ticket. That is unbeatable.
(15 Jul 2022, 9:44 pm)DeltaMan wrote [ -> ]GNE has a pretty pathetic footprint in Sunderland if truth be told. They've always been the "out of town" operator with the odd inner city route like the 39 nowadays.

The reason the X1 has survived and expanded is because you can get from virtually any part of Sunderland to Doxford with one bus change on a cheap Megarider ticket. That is unbeatable.

Surely the other reason is most people can get there with GNE without going to Sunderland at all. Anyone in the Ryhope / Grangetown area arguably there biggest market can go direct with the 39/39A and anyone from the South West can get there direct with the X20 and now anyone from the Washington area can get the new 39 extension.

After that who else is there really, like you said they're more likely going to use Stagecoach anyway as GNE is awful in North Sunderland other than Chester Road and people from Seaham and the South will drive as it takes 2 days.

Speaking of which didn't realise the 39A is being extended to Houghton hourly all day.
Which of the following direct links would be more useful.

A: Barley Mow, Portobello, Birtley & Lamesley to Team Valley then express to Newcastle.
B: Grange Villa, Newfield, Pelton Fell & Chester-Le-Street then onto Newcastle.
C: Washington to Chester-Le-Street via Lambton, Ayton & A1M (Soon to Disappear)
D: Washington to Team Valley via A1 then express to Newcastle
E: Waldridge Park to Gateshead & Newcastle 

Notes:
A or D could replace 91 (Team Valley - Newcastle)
B could replace 703D
B, C & D could be merged very easily with a PVR of 2 if Hourly.
E could replace 701D
(17 Jul 2022, 11:24 am)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]Which of the following direct links would be more useful.

A: Barley Mow, Portobello, Birtley & Lamesley to Team Valley then express to Newcastle.
B: Grange Villa, Newfield, Pelton Fell & Chester-Le-Street then onto Newcastle.
C: Washington to Chester-Le-Street via Lambton, Ayton & A1M (Soon to Disappear)
D: Washington to Team Valley via A1 then express to Newcastle
E: Waldridge Park to Gateshead & Newcastle 

Notes:
A or D could replace 91 (Team Valley - Newcastle)
B could replace 703D
B, C & D could be merged very easily with a PVR of 2 if Hourly.
E could replace 701D
A & D would be the most sustainable and popular imo.
I reckon they would go a long way in attracting people from their cars (assuming frequency, journey times and price are competitive to the equivalent car journey).
(17 Jul 2022, 1:45 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]A & D would be the most sustainable and popular imo.
I reckon they would go a long way in attracting people from their cars (assuming frequency, journey times and price are competitive to the equivalent car journey).

I was thinking maybe this for option D. Would bring back the 734 route, and could be quicker than the 28/29.

Option A could be worked into the Nexus 82A.
Just bored and thought how to change the Blaydon / Winlaton services to make them better and thought

New loop service combining the above:
12A - Newcastle Central Station - Winlaton
49 - Winlaton to Metro Centre
then Handy Drive - St Omars Road - Wellington Road - Railway Street - X66 route via Askew Road stopping at all stops (https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Gateshea...b2!1m0!3e0)
54 - Gateshead to Newcastle Central Station

Routes:
12 - Loop service above, every 20 minutes
13 - Reverse loop above, every 20 minutes
53/54 - Avoid Quayside
51/52 - Serve Newcastle Quayside combining every 10 minutes with 12/13 above.
95 - Current 49 route between Gateshead and Metro Centre, only, every 20 minutes serving Bensham Road in both directions.
X66 - Non-stop again (covered by 12/13)
49/49A - Replaced

Benefits:
New direct service between Newcastle Quayside and the Metro Centre with a nice place to change after a gig etc
Faster service from Blaydon to Gateshead
New direct service from more of Gateshead to Newcastle Quayside
Faster service for 51/52 punters to Newcastle
New direct service from parts of Dunston to Newcastle and Gateshead not around the world.
New direct service from Gateshead and the Quayside to Scotswood Road
New direct service from parts of Blaydon and Swalwell to Newcastle.
Cleaner service than the upcoming mess with the new 12.
Quicker more direct service along part of Bensham Road towards the Metro Centre.

Losses:
Slower service for some punters in Winlaton to Newcastle / Gateshead depending what end their on.
Slightly less buses in Winlaton 6 vs 7 (8 now).
Slightly less frequency on the remaining half of the 49.