North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Service Suggestions v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(18 Apr 2020, 10:07 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]From my experience it's the same, once it gets past Birtley there's usually no bugger left!

Very few people seem to get it from Durham either, from what I've seen people just use it when a 21 isn't due

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Bulk of loadings is Chester to Metro, it does pick up from Durham but only really on the first two trips of the day I'd say and traffic on the X22 is rather one way, to Metro on a morning and back in the afternoon.
A few suggestions for some services in Teesside which could work if they wanted a bigger presence there.  

X 7 Middlesbrough - Teesside Park - Stockton - North Tees Hospital-  Stillington - Sedgefield    replacing the X8 and no one currently operates to stillington as far as I know.  

Service 20 Middlesbrough - Stockton - Teesside Airport - Darlington - Bishop Auckland   

32 Teesside Park - Stockton - Norton - Wolviston - Billingham.   

33 Port Clarence ( Transporter) - Billingham-  Wolviston - North Tees Hospital - Stockton   

Service 51 Billingham - Stockton- Yarm - Middlesbrough - Parkway  Centre.  

65 Middlesbrough - Acklam - Parkway Centre - Guisbrough   

82 Saltburn - Redcar - Kirkleatham - Guisbrough.    

X 65 Middlesbrough - Park End - Kirkleatham - Redcar- Saltburn - Whitby
(18 Apr 2020, 6:19 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]A few suggestions for some services in Teesside which could work if they wanted a bigger presence there.  

X 7 Middlesbrough - Teesside Park - Stockton - North Tees Hospital-  Stillington - Sedgefield    replacing the X8 and no one currently operates to stillington as far as I know.  

Service 20 Middlesbrough - Stockton - Teesside Airport - Darlington - Bishop Auckland   

32 Teesside Park - Stockton - Norton - Wolviston - Billingham.   

33 Port Clarence ( Transporter) - Billingham-  Wolviston - North Tees Hospital - Stockton   

Service 51 Billingham - Stockton- Yarm - Middlesbrough - Parkway  Centre.  

65 Middlesbrough - Acklam - Parkway Centre - Guisbrough   

82 Saltburn - Redcar - Kirkleatham - Guisbrough.    

X 65 Middlesbrough - Park End - Kirkleatham - Redcar- Saltburn - Whitby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(18 Apr 2020, 6:20 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]

What's wrong with them some of them could work
(18 Apr 2020, 6:49 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]What's wrong with them some of them could work

GNE are not going to enter other bus companies territories, areas, especially in Teesside.

(18 Apr 2020, 6:52 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]GNE are not going to enter other bus companies territories, areas, especially in Teesside.

Which is why I put if they did decide. Anyway nobody knows what will happen in the next few years all it takes is a change of management and Go North East could decide to.  None of them routes I put are in direct competition with an other company either them routes are where they is currently little to no services there.    

One I would suggest is some journeys on service X10 to extend to Redcar to attempt to grow demand. This would also allow Redcar to have access to a bus to Stockton, Dalton Park & Newcastle...
(22 Apr 2020, 11:57 am)S830OFT wrote [ -> ]One I would suggest is some journeys on service X10 to extend to Redcar to attempt to grow demand. This would also allow Redcar to have access to a bus to Stockton, Dalton Park & Newcastle...

As much as new links would be provided, I'm not sure it would be successful.

There is already a 15 minute express service between Middlesbrough and Redcar.

Whilst competition is encouraged by all, bus operators are also realistic. You don't see many operators competing at such an obvious and broad level anymore, purely because there is no appetite to do so (unless the service they intend to compete with is absolutely useless or not catering to the demand) as they are all acutely aware that the 'retaliation' could be more severe somewhere else.

The last time GNE competed with Arriva (OK1) was because Arriva were literally milking the 1/1B corridor and we're not catering to the demand. It didn't work for GNE as the reaction was immediate.

I would expect a similar type of response if the X10 was extended to Redcar, but not necessarily in the same place.
(22 Apr 2020, 11:57 am)S830OFT wrote [ -> ]One I would suggest is some journeys on service X10 to extend to Redcar to attempt to grow demand. This would also allow Redcar to have access to a bus to Stockton, Dalton Park & Newcastle...
That wouldn't work though it would take far to long and mess the X9 up as well.  A service from Saltburn to Stockton via Redcar and Teesside Park could work though
A few more suggestions.  

X67 Sunderland Interchange - Washington - Metro centre.  

X13 Sunderland Interchange - Seaham - Dalton Park - Easington - A19 - Billingham- Middlesbrough.   

X70 Darlington -  Newton Aycliffe-  Shildon - Bishop Auckland - Crook - Chester Le Street - Gateshead - Newcastle 

X8. Hartlepool - Hart Station - Hordon - Easington Village - Dalton Park - Seaham.
(26 Apr 2020, 6:41 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]A few more suggestions.  

X13 Sunderland Interchange - Seaham - Dalton Park - Easington - A19 - Billingham- Middlesbrough.   

X70 Darlington -  Newton Aycliffe-  Shildon - Bishop Auckland - Crook - Chester Le Street - Gateshead - Newcastle 

X8. Hartlepool - Hart Station - Hordon - Easington Village - Dalton Park - Seaham.

The X70 I don't really see the point just an extremely long bus route which isn't express anywhere and totally out of GNE's operating area.

If you really want to take a punt and take on Arriva somewhere which you seem to want to you've got an X21 that terminates half hourly in Durham extend that south down to Darlington taking on the 7 but make it express.

So run it as something like Durham -> NON STOP -> Croxdale -> NON STOP -> Ferry Hill -> Clifton -> Rushyford -> Newton Aycliffe -> Aycliffe Village -> NON STOP -> North Road (Limited Stop) -> Darlington

I can't imagine Arriva being too happy with that though but you've gave a few communities there a faster bus route though and a new link to Newcastle for them. There's always people complaining about the 7 on Arriva's social media.
I do think a direct service to Newcastle from Crook (other than Weardale's) would be quite handy

I think I've suggested it before, but I'd quite like a Durham to Bishop via Crook service, so it'd follow the X46 to Crook, then the X1 to Bishop.

Where do I start

There’s no demand from Sunderland to Metrocentre, we’re not in the 80’s no more

The original 723 route was carved up between Arriva and gne , Arriva got the Durham to Darlington and gne got the Durham to Newcastle section, so there’s no way gne going go back on there word

There be no demand for a direct service from your x8 suggestion

There’s no point in the x13, as you got the X6/x7 from Sunderland and change onto x9/x10 .

Gne are not going to enter Arriva territory and vice versa, as it won’t be good for profits for their shareholders.

(26 Apr 2020, 7:23 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]I do think a direct service to Newcastle from Crook (other than Weardale's) would be quite handy

I think I've suggested it before, but I'd quite like a Durham to Bishop via Crook service, so it'd follow the X46 to Crook, then the X1 to Bishop.

Been plenty in the past. Never seemed to work for some reason. Not sure if it's because there's more frequent links either side of Durham or if there's not enough demand for through passengers. 

I think the United/Arriva X46 was the last incarnation and that ended about 20 years back. I don't think there has been a through service from Newcastle - Crook since.
(26 Apr 2020, 7:37 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Been plenty in the past. Never seemed to work for some reason. Not sure if it's because there's more frequent links either side of Durham or if there's not enough demand for through passengers. 

I think the United/Arriva X46 was the last incarnation and that ended about 20 years back. I don't think there has been a through service from Newcastle - Crook since.
That's why I said it'd be handy, not that it would be viable

I know Weardale run a few express services a week to Newcastle and MetroCentre from Crook, couldn't say how busy they are though

Back when GNE ran their X46 services I would use them quite regularly to visit family in Crook, although I was often they only one on for the whole journey

I've been looking in bygone era to try find an old route. Sunderland to Metro centre. M something. Can anyone shed any light?
(27 Apr 2020, 11:37 am)idiot wrote [ -> ]I've been looking in bygone era to try find an old route. Sunderland to Metro centre. M something. Can anyone shed any light?

Busways did the M39/M40/M41
Northern did the 183/X83/188/X88

There’s no demand these days than it was many years ago, metrocentre was just a novelty.
(27 Apr 2020, 11:37 am)idiot wrote [ -> ]I've been looking in bygone era to try find an old route. Sunderland to Metro centre. M something. Can anyone shed any light?
Stagecoach / Sunderland Busways
M39/M40/M41
Thanks chaps!
(26 Apr 2020, 6:41 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]X67 Sunderland Interchange - Washington - Metro centre.

If this service was reintroduced it would almost certainly stay as the X88 which currently runs between Concord and the Metrocentre via the Galleries

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk