North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Service Suggestions v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
6/6A - Newcastle - Metrocentre - Tanfield Village - Tanfield Lea - Stanley - Annfield Plain - Fines Park - Dipton - Flint Hill - Burnopfield - Sunniside - Whickham - Metrocentre - Newcastle

A merge of the 6 and V8 provides a clockwise/anti clockwise circular of Stanley with connections to Metrocentre and Newcastle via Tanfield, Annfield Plain, Dipton, Burnopfield.and Whickham operating at a combined frequency of Every 15 Minutes..

V7/X70 & X71 - Consett - Leadgate - Medomesley (X71) - Dipton - Flint Hill - Burnopfield - Sunniside - Lobley Hill - Gateshead - Newcastle - Metrocentre - Burnopfield - Tanfield Lea - Stanley - East Stanley

The frequency of service V7 will be increased to operate Every 30 Minutes with an extension from MetroCentre to Newcastle where it will interwork with Services X70/X71.
(29 Oct 2016, 10:37 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]6/6A - Newcastle - Metrocentre - Tanfield Village - Tanfield Lea - Stanley - Annfield Plain - Fines Park - Dipton - Flint Hill - Burnopfield - Sunniside - Whickham - Metrocentre - Newcastle

A merge of the 6 and V8 provides a clockwise/anti clockwise circular of Stanley with connections to Metrocentre and Newcastle via Tanfield, Annfield Plain, Dipton, Burnopfield.and Whickham operating at a combined frequency of Every 15 Minutes..

V7/X70 & X71 - Consett - Leadgate - Medomesley (X71) - Dipton - Flint Hill - Burnopfield - Sunniside - Lobley Hill - Gateshead - Newcastle - Metrocentre - Burnopfield - Tanfield Lea - Stanley - East Stanley

The frequency of service V7 will be increased to operate Every 30 Minutes with an extension from MetroCentre to Newcastle where it will interwork with Services X70/X71.

You'll not get a decker or even a scania around fines park, not in a million years. That also adds time and makes the whole journey even more counterintuitive. 6s don't run onto 6s because of timing issues also until night. It takes 80 minutes during the day, even without stopping in teams. It's paramount it runs onto something else which is quick, or it can take over 3 hours end to end, easily.
The system currently is fine, except for the tanfield lea stretch, which is somewhat deprived. Running the V8 at a higher frequency and for later would remedy this.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
(29 Oct 2016, 11:07 pm)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]You'll not get a decker or even a scania around fines park, not in a million years. That also adds time and makes the whole journey even more counterintuitive. 6s don't run onto 6s because of timing issues also until night. It takes 80 minutes during the day, even without stopping in teams. It's paramount it runs onto something else which is quick, or it can take over 3 hours end to end, easily.
The system currently is fine, except for the tanfield lea stretch, which is somewhat deprived. Running the V8 at a higher frequency and for later would remedy this.

Other than Good Street not many people get on at tanfield lea so the V7 and 8 do fine there and Tanfield village people rarely if ever get on there.

And a decker has been on the V8 before
(29 Oct 2016, 11:07 pm)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]You'll not get a decker or even a scania around fines park, not in a million years. 

It certainly is a struggle and the deckers of today probably wouldn't go around without hitting anything, but it was known for Stanley Travel to allocate one of R6/R7 STX to the 706/707 services when they operated the services when T2 STX wasn't available. This action was wiped out when MH07 EPY and OO03 STX arrived into the fleet though.
(29 Oct 2016, 11:14 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ] 
Other than Good Street not many people get on at tanfield lea so the V7 and 8 do fine there and Tanfield village people rarely if ever get on there.

And a decker has been on the V8 before

Most of the V8 terminate at Stanley.
Either way, there is a lack of service. There are numerous complaints on petitions over no services or a lack of consistant services, and rightly so. It's a hike to get to a stop from tanfield lea. It's why they introduced those morning 6 journeys which operate via there, for the workers.
Most people are forced to drive because of the lack of service.

(29 Oct 2016, 11:36 pm)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]Most of the V8 terminate at Stanley.
Either way, there is a lack of service. There are numerous complaints on petitions over no services or a lack of consistant services, and rightly so. It's a hike to get to a stop from tanfield lea. It's why they introduced those morning 6 journeys which operate via there, for the workers.
Most people are forced to drive because of the lack of service.

I know the one I was on had been to Annfield Plain though as I got on the stop before Stanley Bus Station (Asda) - was a President I think Smile

I think they should incorporate the V7/8 and 30 together but every 20 minutes e.g

V7 - Lanchester - Burnhope - Quaking Houses - Stanley - Burnopfield - Metrocentre
V7A - Quaking Houses - Stanley - Hobson - Metrocentre
V8 - Lanchester - Greencroft - Fines Park - Stanley - Tanfield Village - Metrocentre

Would be a bit of a gap between the services though if you know what I mean so not sure if it'd work.
(29 Oct 2016, 11:48 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I know the one I was on had been to Annfield Plain though as I got on the stop before Stanley Bus Station (Asda) - was a President I think Smile

I think they should incorporate the V7/8 and 30 together but every 20 minutes e.g

V7 - Lanchester - Burnhope - Quaking Houses - Stanley - Burnopfield - Metrocentre
V7A - Quaking Houses - Stanley - Hobson - Metrocentre
V8 - Lanchester - Greencroft - Fines Park - Stanley - Tanfield Village - Metrocentre

Would be a bit of a gap between the services though if you know what I mean so not sure if it'd work.
If go north east did this, they'd be changing services for the sake of changing them!
The V7/V8 loop currently can make over 200£ on a busy loop. The 30 less so, but still probably around the 100£ mark. To change these services to be different when they're earning more than the average northern or RK loop would be ludicrous.
I do agree there should be some alteration to the 6 route to encompass the tanfield area, but most people are concerned about getting to work in town from what people have yapped on about.

(30 Oct 2016, 8:54 am)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]If go north east did this, they'd be changing services for the sake of changing them!
The V7/V8 loop currently can make over 200£ on a busy loop. The 30 less so, but still probably around the 100£ mark. To change these services to be different when they're earning more than the average northern or RK loop would be ludicrous.
I do agree there should be some alteration to the 6 route to encompass the tanfield area, but most people are concerned about getting to work in town from what people have yapped on about.

Why would it make a difference as
GNE would still be earning the same amount of money if they were still every 30 minutes... 

And I doubt they make £100 or £200 in a hour. Max fare is £4.80 so they carry at least 40 adult fare paying passengers in a hour? Likewise with the 30. Maybe taking into a count child/concession fares which probably bring in around £1 so take a few off. 30 adult fare paying passengers I would say then

I would say £25-50 at the most. Maybe more for the V7/8.
(30 Oct 2016, 10:51 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]And I doubt they make £100 or £200 in a hour. Max fare is £4.80 so they carry at least 40 adult fare paying passengers in a hour? Likewise with the 30.

I would say £25-50 at the most. Maybe more for the V7/8.

I'm not making these stats up.

(30 Oct 2016, 10:54 am)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]I'm not making these stats up.

Where did you get them then because £200 for a round trip sound exaggerated and a load of rubbish
(30 Oct 2016, 11:02 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]Where did you get them then because £200 for a round trip sound exaggerated and a load of rubbish
The ticket machines reports, namely.
You probably aren't anymore likely to believe me as a result of this, but such is the way. I'm probably the worst for it, discarding fact down to suspicion, which makes me wonder why I even bothered saying anything in the first place, 😛

(30 Oct 2016, 11:13 am)YeahJamie M wrote [ -> ]The ticket machines reports, namely.
You probably aren't anymore likely to believe me as a result of this, but such is the way. I'm probably the worst for it, discarding fact down to suspicion, which makes me wonder why I even bothered saying anything in the first place, ?

So £200 so the full trip (e.g 5 hours) not just a round trip... makes more sense!
(30 Oct 2016, 11:19 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]So £200 so the full trip (e.g 5 hours) not just a round trip... makes more sense!
Drivers print them at stanley at the end of a loop on a bus.
V7 (E.S) -> V7 (M.C) -> V8 (S) -> V8 (A.P) -> V8 (S)
(2 1/2 hours)
OR
V8 (M.C) -> V7 (S)
(1 1/4 hours)

It's more complex on evenings/saturdays/sundays as the cycle becomes uncomprehensible.
Normally the case is V7, returning V7, light to consett and then onto the V6/1 cycle.
Sunday evening, every V shift ends on a V1, regardless of where it started. The exception is the 2315 V7 which runs off the 2130 depart newcastle 6.
(29 Oct 2016, 11:07 pm)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]You'll not get a decker or even a scania around fines park, not in a million years. That also adds time and makes the whole journey even more counterintuitive. 6s don't run onto 6s because of timing issues also until night. It takes 80 minutes during the day, even without stopping in teams. It's paramount it runs onto something else which is quick, or it can take over 3 hours end to end, easily.

But if you follow the route of the V7 to MetroCentre it takes 42 Minutes, 44 on the V8. If extended to Newcastle then it would take an hour. The 6 on the other hand takes an hour just to get to the Metrocentre, and 80 Minutes to Newcastle.

With my suggestion there would 20 Minutes difference in either direction with the Clockwise/Anti Clockwise Loop which would improve reliability, and from looking at the timetable for the 6, it looks like the 6 already gets 10 Minutes layover at Stanley as it is, plus with current interworkings the 6 would go onto the X70/X71 to Consett from Newcastle rather than return to Stanley as my suggestion would allow.

As for the Fines Park we'll skip that out then if a Decker can't get around there.
(30 Oct 2016, 6:18 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]But if you follow the route of the V7 to MetroCentre it takes 42 Minutes, 44 on the V8. If extended to Newcastle then it would take an hour. The 6 on the other hand takes an hour just to get to the Metrocentre, and 80 Minutes to Newcastle.

With my suggestion there would 20 Minutes difference in either direction with the Clockwise/Anti Clockwise Loop which would improve reliability, and from looking at the timetable for the 6, it looks like the 6 already gets 10 Minutes layover at Stanley as it is, plus with current interworkings the 6 would go onto the X70/X71 to Consett from Newcastle rather than return to Stanley as my suggestion would allow.

As for the Fines Park we'll skip that out then if a Decker can't get around there.
I love a good Malarkey Suggestion, you kept me in reading material for years you did [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

I hope your keeping well Adam my friend

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
(03 Nov 2016, 1:28 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]I love a good Malarkey Suggestion, you kept me in reading material for years you did [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

I hope your keeping well Adam my friend

I'm good mate, always busy with work atm and hope you are well also Fozz.

Just for you Fozz another suggestion.

45 - Consett - Greenways - Delves – Castledene Road – Consett – Number One – Bridgehill – Shotley Bridge – Ebchester – Rowlands Gill – A694 Dewenthaugh Road – A695 Scotswood Road – Newcastle Business Park – Newcastle
(Every 15 Minutes)
46 - Consett - Castledene Road - Delves - Greenways – Consett – Pemberton Road - Bridgehill – Shotley Bridge – Ebchester – Rowlands Gill – Swalwell – MetroCentre – Teams – Newcastle
(Every 15 Minutes)
47 - Consett - Number One - Shotley Bridge - Ebchester - Hamsterley - Blackhall Mill – Chopwell – High Spen – Highfield – Rowlands Gill – Swalwell – MetroCentre – Teams – Newcastle
(Every 1 Hour)
48 - Consett - Number One - Shotley Bridge - Ebchester - Hamsterley - Blackhall Mill – Chopwell – High Spen – Highfield – Rowlands Gill – A694 Dewenthaugh Road – A695 Scotswood Road – Newcastle Business Park – Newcastle
(Every 1 Hour)
·        Once an hour service 45/46 will extend from Consett Bus Station to Delves via the current Venture V3/V4 Route which will be merged into the 45/46.
·        Rather changing buses at Consett a through service will operated from Delves to Shotley Bridge, Rowlands Gill, MetroCentre and Newcastle, with new links to Newcastle Business Park to be introduced.
·        Service 47 will merge with Venture V9 offering improved links from Blackhall Mill and Consett to MetroCentre and Newcastle.
·        New Service 48 will be introduced operating via current V9/47 Routes with new links via Newcastle Business Park.
·        Services 45/48 will offer a service Every 12 Minutes between Consett and Newcastle via Newcastle Business Park.
·        Services 46/7 will offer a service Every 12 Minutes between Consett and Newcastle via MetroCentre.
(06 Nov 2016, 6:10 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I'm good mate, always busy with work atm and hope you are well also Fozz.

Just for you Fozz another suggestion.

45 - Consett - Greenways - Delves – Castledene Road – Consett – Number One – Bridgehill – Shotley Bridge – Ebchester – Rowlands Gill – A694 Dewenthaugh Road – A695 Scotswood Road – Newcastle Business Park – Newcastle
(Every 15 Minutes)
46 - Consett - Castledene Road - Delves - Greenways – Consett – Pemberton Road - Bridgehill – Shotley Bridge – Ebchester – Rowlands Gill – Swalwell – MetroCentre – Teams – Newcastle
(Every 15 Minutes)
47 - Consett - Number One - Shotley Bridge - Ebchester - Hamsterley - Blackhall Mill – Chopwell – High Spen – Highfield – Rowlands Gill – Swalwell – MetroCentre – Teams – Newcastle
(Every 1 Hour)
48 - Consett - Number One - Shotley Bridge - Ebchester - Hamsterley - Blackhall Mill – Chopwell – High Spen – Highfield – Rowlands Gill – A694 Dewenthaugh Road – A695 Scotswood Road – Newcastle Business Park – Newcastle
(Every 1 Hour)
·        Once an hour service 45/46 will extend from Consett Bus Station to Delves via the current Venture V3/V4 Route which will be merged into the 45/46.
·        Rather changing buses at Consett a through service will operated from Delves to Shotley Bridge, Rowlands Gill, MetroCentre and Newcastle, with new links to Newcastle Business Park to be introduced.
·        Service 47 will merge with Venture V9 offering improved links from Blackhall Mill and Consett to MetroCentre and Newcastle.
·        New Service 48 will be introduced operating via current V9/47 Routes with new links via Newcastle Business Park.
·        Services 45/48 will offer a service Every 12 Minutes between Consett and Newcastle via Newcastle Business Park.
·        Services 46/7 will offer a service Every 12 Minutes between Consett and Newcastle via MetroCentre.
Not as good as your suggestions a few years ago runs to Carlisle with some addons to Gretna, Annan and Dumfries [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Keep it up Malarks...Hopefully catch you out and about sometime mate [WHITE SMILING FACE]

This isn't a service suggestion to change services but more of a transfer of buses due to service changes happening next month.

So my suggestion is 5333-5336 transfer over to Hexham for Tynedale Express Services X84/X85
5229 remains as a Hexham spare

5230 & 5231 rebranded Tynedale Links for the withdrawal/Transfer of 618 & 619 this would also give all the Tynedale Links
vehicles Wi-Fi
5232 and 5233 transfer to Deptford as spares
(16 Nov 2016, 6:57 pm)Ds1197 wrote [ -> ]This isn't a service suggestion to change services but more of a transfer of buses due to service changes happening next month.

So my suggestion is 5333-5336 transfer over to Hexham for Tynedale Express Services X84/X85
5229 remains as a Hexham spare

5230 & 5231 rebranded Tynedale Links for the withdrawal/Transfer of 618 & 619 this would also give all the Tynedale Links
vehicles Wi-Fi
5232 and 5233 transfer to Deptford as spares
I don't think will happen.  I'm told that 4961-64 are to transfer back to Percy Main at the begining of December 2016.  So I'd hazard a guess that 5333-36 will transfer to Deptford and the remaining B10BLE's at Percy Main will be then withdrawn.
(16 Nov 2016, 8:16 pm)BFK wrote [ -> ]I don't think will happen.  I'm told that 4961-64 are to transfer back to Percy Main at the begining of December 2016.  So I'd hazard a guess that 5333-36 will transfer to Deptford and the remaining B10BLE's at Percy Main will be then withdrawn.

So assuming that these will be allocated to the 9 (which they most likely will be), does that make the sound of new vehicles for a route currently operated by Citaro's even more likely?