North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Service Suggestions v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Run X1A during daytimes as X2 and extend to Chester-Le-Street via Barley Mow & Portobello. Could Replace 925 and give an evening service on the 8 section from chester to galleries.
New Circulars 51/52: Newcastle - Gateshead - Q.E Hospital - Wrekenton - Portobello - Barley Mow - Birtley - Harlow Green - Low Fell - Saltwell Park - Bensham - Newcastle
51 Clockwise, 52 Anti Clockwise
New Service 80: The Galleries, Peel Retail Park, Waterview Park, Teal Farm, Nissan Factory, Suglrave, Concord, Coach Road Estate
Revised 86: Extend from The Galleries to Waterview Park via Biddick and Teal Farm.
New Service 87: Q.E Hospital, Wrekenton, Birtley, Barley Mow, Portobello, Rickleton, Harraton, The Galleries
New Service 88: Wrekenton, Eighton Banks, Springwell Village, Concord, Blackfell, Washington Galleries
New Service 89: The Galleries, Biddick, Fatfield Bridge, Biddick Woods, Shiney Row, Penshaw, Barnwell,
If the 309 & 310 go back to a more "normal" evening timetable, this is what I'd suggest. Obviously Saturdays & Sundays will be different. 310 would serve Hadrian Park too with 311 daytime only.

309 Newcastle departures:
19:25, 19:55, 20:25, 21:05, 21:55, 22:55 (last one W.Bay only)

310 Newcastle departures (journey time changed back to 43 mins ex Newcastle and 45 mins ex North Shields):
19:40, 20:10, 20:45, 21:25, 22:25, 23:30
Tbh,i dont know why the 311 exists, im sure when the 311 was announced that i read that it goes the same way as the 310,so if thats the case,axe the 311 and have the 310 serve Hadrian Park all the time, Anti-Clockwise to North Shields, Clockwise to Newcastle, basically what the 300 and 305 used to do, even if its every 30 mins,its something
(24 Aug 2020, 12:09 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Tbh,i dont know why the 311 exists, im sure when the 311 was announced that i read that it goes the same way as the 310,so if thats the case,axe the 311 and have the 310 serve Hadrian Park all the time, Anti-Clockwise to North Shields, Clockwise to Newcastle, basically what the 300 and 305 used to do, even if its every 30 mins,its something

Issue is their is far too much duplication of services between Newcastle City Centre and Hadrian Park, personally i'd merge the 40/41 with the 311 to make these services more sustainable.
(24 Aug 2020, 12:09 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Tbh,i dont know why the 311 exists, im sure when the 311 was announced that i read that it goes the same way as the 310,so if thats the case,axe the 311 and have the 310 serve Hadrian Park all the time, Anti-Clockwise to North Shields, Clockwise to Newcastle, basically what the 300 and 305 used to do, even if its every 30 mins,its something
If the 310 was to serve Hadrian Park on a 15 minute frequency, the total PVR for the 309 & 310 to form a 7-8 minute service combined on common sections of route would be 18 vehicles (10x 309 & 8x 310).

That's why the 311 was introduced. Plus the 311 can be "docked" for misc & extra Cobalt workings as demand only really exists in 1x direction depending on time of day.
I do have an interesting suggestion how viable probably not very,here go's anyway
40 Wallsend-Battle Hill-Hadrian Park (every 30 mins extends to the Cobalt)
41 Wallsend-Holy Cross-Rosehill-Howdon-Hadrian Park-Cobalt (30 min frequency,interworks with the 40 that continues to the Cobalt)
LIttle Question:
Other than current Newcastle termini used by GNE, where would you have buses in Newcastle terminate.
My Votes are Central Station (Neville Street) and St Thomas Street
(29 Aug 2020, 4:29 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]LIttle Question:
Other than current Newcastle termini used by GNE, where would you have buses in Newcastle terminate.

The Q1 terminates at Central Station Tongue

I wouldn't though really, buses coming over the Tyne Bridge should terminate at the bottom end of Newcastle around Pilgrim Street imo rather than polluting through the centre but I know some disagree with that strongly.
(29 Aug 2020, 4:29 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]LIttle Question:

Buses should terminate at the point on the route passengers would most likely travel, if travelling a considerable distance like a lot of GNE services, chances are you're wanting to go to the centre, or a hub where you can connect to another service.
In that regard, I think Eldon Square is the only real option. It's basically in the centre, and a short walk to Haymarket to connect to services travelling north, or Blackett Street to travel East/West
(29 Aug 2020, 4:34 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]The Q1 terminates at Central Station Tongue

I wouldn't though really, buses coming over the Tyne Bridge should terminate at the bottom end of Newcastle around Pilgrim Street imo rather than polluting through the centre but I know some disagree with that strongly.
If it was possible maybe over tyne bridge do a loop of the city then back down towards high level bridge (shown in photo). I.e like when x1 served fenkle street.
A forum members owned bus company putting the better ideas on the road.
The X84 should come off the West Road at Slatyford Lane, follow Slatyford Lane round and go back down Silver Lonnen to re-join the West Road at The Denton, stopping at Slatyford bus depot and The Denton and then normal route to Newcastle. To Hexham, stop opposite The Denton, go up Silver Lonnen and round Slatyford Lane stopping at the depot, then re-join the West Road at the Broadwood Road stop and normal route. I have suggested this before to GNE, but no response! It seems logical. No change in PVR or journey time, minimal change in stops and route to serve passengers in Slatyford and more of Fenham. Could increase revenue at no cost! See no reason why this couldn't/shouldn't be done. Leave X85 as now, and maybe every other X84 change route for a 2-hour frequency...
A response from GNE on this would be good!
(30 Aug 2020, 3:28 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]The X84 should come off the West Road at Slatyford Lane, follow Slatyford Lane round and go back down Silver Lonnen to re-join the West Road at The Denton, stopping at Slatyford bus depot and The Denton and then normal route to Newcastle. To Hexham, stop opposite The Denton, go up Silver Lonnen and round Slatyford Lane stopping at the depot, then re-join the West Road at the Broadwood Road stop and normal route. I have suggested this before to GNE, but no response! It seems logical. No change in PVR or journey time, minimal change in stops and route to serve passengers in Slatyford and more of Fenham. Could increase revenue at no cost! See no reason why this couldn't/shouldn't be done. Leave X85 as now, and maybe every other X84 change route for a 2-hour frequency...
A response from GNE on this would be good!

I think it's more about territories why they wouldn't do that. The West End is Stagecoach's area and they won't take it too lightly if someone started serving stops there. The X24 and X34 could easily stop at a few stops between Gateshead and Testos for example.
(30 Aug 2020, 3:33 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]I think it's more about territories why they wouldn't do that. The West End is Stagecoach's area and they won't take it too lightly if someone started serving stops there. The X24 and X34 could easily stop at a few stops between Gateshead and Testos for example.

That makes sense, aside from the fact they serve Denton Burn in the first place which is Stagecoach territory. Additionally they have the 42A, 74 and Q3 in the West End. They may be secured/infrequent/little threat, but they exist. Every other X84 providing a 2-hour frequency shouldn't be a problem for Stagecoach.

I've said on here before I don't like 'territories' as for me it's about the wider network. If travelling into most of Gateshead or Durham or the likes of Whitley Bay and North Shields, a GNE ticket is required. either one GoZone or all GoZones.

Needing a Stagecoach ticket because I am in Stagecoach territory is annoying, costly and just crazy. Stagecoach is all well and good in Newcastle/Metrocentre/Gateshead High Street/Interchange, or to Wallsend, but that's about it. Now, I either plan to catch the 74 at the limited times it operates or walk to Denton Burn for the X84/X85.

I refuse to pay for a Stagecoach ticket because of territory nonsense! GNE serves more areas, so is better value and worth the walk. Just seems an easy fix to route the X84 into Slatyford! GNE has already gained my customer for many reasons, but could gain more with this suggestion which I doubt would impact Stagecoach any more than not serving in most places outside Newcastle/South Tyneside does! To me, Stagecoach is a local operator, GNE is a regional operator. There is no competition in that.
East Durham Network:

Indigo services rebranded as Ok Way,
Service 55 branded Ok Travel, short 55 re routed between Easington village and Peterlee bus station via the 208 route with the short 208 withdrawn but leaving the longer 208 intact, or extend the short 55 from Peterlee to Station Town replacing that section of 202 route. If necessary in the future to run a service back to Hartlepool then extend the X6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I Think GNE need to make a order involving these: 
https://youtu.be/O9Gwlhw75PA

Or maybe a bus thats driveable at both ends
(03 Sep 2020, 7:40 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]I Think GNE need to make a order involving these: 
https://youtu.be/O9Gwlhw75PA

Or maybe a bus thats driveable at both ends
Was Mr Bean driving that ?    Not sure it would work here
(03 Sep 2020, 8:03 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]Was Mr Bean driving that ?    Not sure it would work here
Dunno like, rear wheel steering might be useful, i can think of several examples of congestion at gateshead, washington and even the metrocentre where it might save a few seconds.