North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Service Suggestions v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

(22 Jul 2019, 6:28 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]The service you are describing from Blyth to Sunderland was the original 310 (not the 310 that operates now) with the original 319 operating Sunderland-Cramlington that was axed in 2007 so i imagine the 310 went along with it,but there was a 319 that operated Jarrow-Percy Main in 2010 but was axed,if i remember right there was a 9 and 9A,one went to Wallsend and the other went to North Shields and both operated to Sunderland,but dont know how long that lasted but i also remember a 59 operating Wallsend-Jarrow in 2010 then Wallsend lost its link through the tunnel completely

Probably best for the Bygone Era.

But the original 310 Blyth to Sunderland actually went a different route between Jarrow and Sunderland. It went via Brockley Whins. Biddick Hall, Boldon and North Sunderland Estates. Being replaced by 538 and 310 was altered to same route as 319.

The original 319 did not actually do Cramlington to Sunderland but did in fact do Cramlington to Lukes Lane Estate.  So Hebburn Lukes Lane albeit years later always seem to the "Thorn in the Side" that takes routes that were doing well elsewhere.

(22 Jul 2019, 6:28 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]The service you are describing from Blyth to Sunderland was the original 310 (not the 310 that operates now) with the original 319 operating Sunderland-Cramlington that was axed in 2007 so i imagine the 310 went along with it,but there was a 319 that operated Jarrow-Percy Main in 2010 but was axed,if i remember right there was a 9 and 9A,one went to Wallsend and the other went to North Shields and both operated to Sunderland,but dont know how long that lasted but i also remember a 59 operating Wallsend-Jarrow in 2010 then Wallsend lost its link through the tunnel completely

You're quite right. Also when the 59 operated Wallsend to Sunderland, the Shields route was numbered 59A.

(28 Jul 2019, 10:02 am)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]New suggestion to cut down delays on all express services from Newcastle(X1/X9/X10/X21 only):

All express services revised NOT to serve Gateshead interchange with all services serving Gateshead high street instead
X9/X10 driver switch overs all revised to take place at newcastle

Doesn't that kind of defeat the point of an Interchange? I'm still mad Stagecoach stop putting the X34 through there.

(28 Jul 2019, 10:02 am)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]New suggestion to cut down delays on all express services from Newcastle(X1/X9/X10/X21 only):

All express services revised NOT to serve Gateshead interchange with all services serving Gateshead high street instead
X9/X10 driver switch overs all revised to take place at newcastle

Its a shame the different transports don't intigrate.

It would be so much easier for the majority of services coming from that direction to terminate at Gateshead interchange and then using the Metro to get into Newcastle. I tried it the other day, bar the cost, its so much more efficient and would make a alot of difference to time keeping and congestion.

(28 Jul 2019, 11:11 am)Arcticrossy92 wrote [ -> ]

It would be so much easier for the majority of services coming from that direction to terminate at Gateshead interchange and then using the Metro to get into Newcastle. I tried it the other day, bar the cost, its so much more efficient and would make a alot of difference to time keeping and congestion.

Just like they used to prior to de-regulation.

And you can get to parts of the town, that you can't (or is a chew on) by bus.

(28 Jul 2019, 11:11 am)Arcticrossy92 wrote [ -> ]

Absolute pita for anyone needing to use the inadequate lifts at metro stations, though.

(28 Jul 2019, 11:49 am)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]

Absolute pita for anyone needing to use the inadequate lifts at metro stations, though.

I think that aside, it makes complete sense from a 'public transport' point of view. Keeps buses on time, more reliable services, quicker access - get the lifts sorted ... and its all good!

Like anything, I'm sure there are negatives, but the sitation at the moment of 5 Double decker buses crossing the tyne bridge half full every few minutes is just madness

I can see the over 60's and concessionary pass holders not been too happy either! Its a long walk from gateshead to newcastle and £1.80 alot to pay for 2 or 3 stops on the MEtro!

Springwell village

Washington

Concord

Sulgrave

Sunderland highway

North Hylton

Hylton castle

Southwick

Fullwell

Roker

Roker beach

Sunderland

Every 30 mins

This service will be allocated 6001-7/6049-55 when they leave the red arrows

(29 Jul 2019, 3:59 pm)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]

Springwell village

Washington

Concord

Sulgrave

Sunderland highway

North Hylton

Hylton castle

Southwick

Fullwell

Roker

Roker beach

Sunderland

Every 30 mins

This service will be allocated 6001-7/6049-55 when they leave the red arrows

Why would this need all of them to do this?

And the B9s won’t be leaving the red arrows and springwell and other parts are already served in numbers.

New X-lines service suggestion

X56
Newcastle Market Street
Gateshead interchange
QE hospital
Wreckenton High street
Springwell village
Washington Galleries
Sunderland interchange

This service will only serve the stops shown above

Every 15 minutes

Approx journey time 59 minutes (including a 5 minutes layover at Washington Galleries)

PVR 9

Buses will have a 15 min layover at park lane

This service will be allocated to 6149-6157 with 6158-61 being spare

All buses will be refurbished to include NSAs, E-leather seats, tables, USB charging points & feet seats

Never made a suggestion so here it goes

Heworth

Pelaw

Fellgate estate

Boldon asda

Hosptail

Nook

The hill

Westoe

Shields

32-every 30 mins  60 mins  on night all day sunday

Haven't done one of these for a while but:

Sunderland Winter Gardens - Park Lane - Sunderland Hospital - Pennywell (Nookside and Pennywell Road only) - Grindon Mill - Hastings Hill - Heworth - Gateshead - Newcastle

Times would be: Hourly - Monday to Saturday - Between 6am and 6pm

Buses: Solo's - branded as X-Lines
1A: Reduced to every 60 minutes, this is to allow the introduction of service 1B to daily.

1B: Revised to operate daily at a every 60 minute frequency, this allows Cragside Gardens to have direct access to MetroCentre, Newcastle & Beyond...

49/49A: Both reduced to every 30 minutes, although with service 49C this will continue the up to every 10 minutes frequency.

49C: This service will operate every 30 minutes daily.

64: Withdrawn, replaced by service 49C.

95: Withdrawn, replaced by service 1B.
While your at it renumber the 49C to 49B,its 1 thing thats annoyed me for a while,that its numbered 49/49A/49C

(07 Aug 2019, 12:57 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]While your at it renumber the 49C to 49B,its 1 thing thats annoyed me for a while,that its numbered 49/49A/49C

49C atm is Nexus Journeys, alike the 38C...

30 - Sunderland City Centre - Southwick - Witherwack - Boldon - Whiteleas - West Harton - South Tyneside District Hospital - Chichester - Westoe - South Shields
31 - South Shields - Tyne Dock - Jarrow - York Avenue - Hedworth - Fellgate - Boldon - Town End Farm - Castletown - Southwick - Sunderland City Centre

These new services will provide new cross city links every 15 minutes combined Monday to Saturday, Hourly on a Sunday/Bank Holidays partially replacing the current services 5/35.

32/33/X33 - Sunderland Docks (32) - Sunderland City Centre (X33) - Royal Hospital (33) - Durham Road (32) - Barnes Park (32/33/X33) - Silksworth (32/33/X33) - Gilley Law (32/33) - Farringdon (32/33) - East Herrington (32/33) - Doxford International (X33)- Newbottle (32/33) - Houghton-le-Spring (32/33/X33) - Hetton Downs (33) - Hetton-le-Hole (33/X33) - Low Moorsley (33) - Easington Lane (X33) - South Hetton (X33) - Easington Village (X33) - Peterlee (X33) - Horden (X33) - Blackhall (X33) - Hartlepool (X33)

This new set of services will see current services 33/33A/35 & 55 merge together to provide a combined frequency of every 10 minutes Monday to Saturdays and every 20 minutes on a Sunday/Bank Holidays.
309:
- Evening departures from Newcastle Mon-Sat
19:25, 19:55, 20:25, 21:05, 21:55, 22:55(WBay)

- Tied in with other changes; after approximately 6.30pm, services 309 & 310 would interwork until approximately 9.30pm with later journeys running standalone.

- Sunday daytime journeys standalone and revised as follows
Blyth: xx:06 / xx:36
Newcastle Arr: xx:15 / xx/45
Newcastle Dep: xx:23 / xx:53
Blyth: xx:27 / xx:57

310:
- Evening departures from Newcastle Mon-Sat
19:10, 19:40, 20:10, 20:45, 21:25(via HP), 22:25(via HP), 23:30(via HP)

- Tied in with other changes; after approximately 6.30pm, services 309 & 310 would interwork until approximately 9.30pm with later journeys running standalone.

- Sunday daytime journeys standalone and revised as follows with all journeys serving Hadrian Park. Service 57 would operate Newcastle to Wardley only.
North Shields: xx:08 / xx:38
Newcastle Arr: xx:00 / xx:30
Newcastle Dep: xx:08 / xx:38
North Shields Arr: xx:56 / xx:26
In addition to the above, the 9th board on a Sunday would be operated by Riverside Depot operating the following journeys on service 310

Newcastle: 10:08, 12:08, 14:08, 16:08
North Shields: 11:08, 13:08, 15:08, 17:06

This would provide the extra vehicle for the Sunday PVR increase without excessive idling times in North Shields as well as not requiring extra resources at Percy Main Depot. The Riverside board would most likely only require 2x drivers as well. The extra resource at Riverside would be available as a result of the Sunday 57 PVR reducing from 8x to 5x.

(11 Aug 2019, 10:57 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]In addition to the above, the 9th board on a Sunday would be operated by Riverside Depot operating the following journeys on service 310

Newcastle: 10:08, 12:08, 14:08, 16:08
North Shields: 11:08, 13:08, 15:08, 17:06

This would provide the extra vehicle for the Sunday PVR increase without excessive idling times in North Shields as well as not requiring extra resources at Percy Main Depot. The Riverside board would most likely only require 2x drivers as well. The extra resource at Riverside would be available as a result of the Sunday 57 PVR reducing from 8x to 5x.

What would operate these boards, TVTs or corp Gemini 1s?