North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Service Suggestions v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unfortunately for me, I'll no longer be able to buy 5-25 tickets as of next week, so my use of GNE is going to drop considerably
I don't suppose anyone could help me out.

I got the 21 to Newcastle on Saturday I think and it was going back to Durham. It didn't drop passengers off at the bus station but instead dropped people off at the stop just right outside of Munchies in Newcastle and the driver said he got told to drop them off there. Why? What about the passengers from Eldon didn't know about this and missed their bus? Absolute shambles
Route Change to the 51/52, from Beacon Lough Road then Southend Road, Q.E Hospital, Windy Nook Road, Broadway and Kells Lane before rejoining current route.

Serve Bensham Hospital on 93/94 or 96.
Dont really know the Sunderland and Co Durham area all that well, but seeing peoples comments about the 71 i was thinking this
22 Newcastle- Seaham via Gateshead Interchange, Bensham, Team Valley, Chowdene Bank (Low Fell), Angel of the North, Birtley, Chester-Le-Street, then the 71 to Seaham
(27 Feb 2023, 12:43 pm)itsadam wrote [ -> ]I don't suppose anyone could help me out.

I got the 21 to Newcastle on Saturday I think and it was going back to Durham. It didn't drop passengers off  at the bus station but instead dropped people off at the stop just right outside of Munchies in Newcastle and the driver said he got told to drop them off there. Why? What about the passengers from Eldon didn't know about this and missed their bus? Absolute shambles
They for this when they need to regulate a late running service.
(27 Feb 2023, 5:25 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Dont really know the Sunderland and Co Durham area all that well, but seeing peoples comments about the 71 i was thinking this
22 Newcastle- Seaham via Gateshead Interchange, Bensham, Team Valley, Chowdene Bank (Low Fell), Angel of the North, Birtley, Chester-Le-Street, then the 71 to Seaham
I was thinking something a little more direct - extend the 71 to Newcastle via A167, Wrekenton, Old Durham Road & Gateshead Int.
I feel like a newcastle link would be useful for the 71, that could be either 21 service from Chester-Le-Street to Seaham, or an X1 which only goes to Houghton then goes to Seaham.

However I feel like there should be a slight route change for the 71.

Seaton - Station Road - Train Station - Seaham - Business Park, maybe you could even send it upto Princess Road, but that would limit turning around to Parkside which a newcastle link probably wouldn't be the worst thing similar to the old X95, and it would bring a service where the 202/62 used to be
A few routes I would love to see altered is the 58, alternate buses running along Furrowfield way as a 58A or something to run along side the 57 to give a 15 minute service. My idea is as follows:

58A runs normal route to windy nook church, instead of turning left at the lights it would continue straight on like a 93 and then turns left onto stone street (past Sutherlands) and into Heworth and onwards to Amazon.

Or a 93/94 instead of going along past Q.E it turns left after windy nook church then turns right onto campion gardens and through beacon Lough onto normal route down back into Gateshead and the 94 do the reverse going through beacon Lough, and back along campion gardens and along stone street and back to normal route at Windy Nook church with certain buses continuing to run past the QE
Is the 57 not returning back to 15 mins, or alteast 20?
(27 Feb 2023, 12:43 pm)itsadam wrote [ -> ]I don't suppose anyone could help me out.

I got the 21 to Newcastle on Saturday I think and it was going back to Durham. It didn't drop passengers off  at the bus station but instead dropped people off at the stop just right outside of Munchies in Newcastle and the driver said he got told to drop them off there. Why? What about the passengers from Eldon didn't know about this and missed their bus? Absolute shambles

Probably late running so skipped out Eldon Square to get back on time, i've this happen on more than one occasion.
(27 Feb 2023, 6:41 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]I feel like a newcastle link would be useful for the 71, that could be either 21 service from Chester-Le-Street to Seaham, or an X1 which only goes to Houghton then goes to Seaham.

However I feel like there should be a slight route change for the 71.

Seaton - Station Road - Train Station - Seaham - Business Park, maybe you could even send it upto Princess Road, but that would limit turning around to Parkside which a newcastle link probably wouldn't be the worst thing similar to the old X95, and it would bring a service where the 202/62 used to be
I could see this being of use at peak times like but they have the 71 at peak times already and an hourly bus on top of that so its not really needed up the business park.i live on princess road and tbh as nice as it would be apart from the 60 I dont think any bus bigger than a solo should be going down that road, even then ive seen my fair share of collisions on the 62/202.
60 go that way running dead, but idk. I've never heard of anything happening their, it seems to just be that Dawdon turn where things happen.

And you're probably right, a decker would be too big for the road
Idea A:
Quarrington, Kelloe, Coxhoe, Dragonville, Belmont, Leamside, Bournmoor, Biddick Woods, Washington Galleries, then as X1 to Newcastle.

Idea B:
Merge 82A, 91 & 168.

Idea C:
Extend X6 to Washington via Royal Hospital, Pallion, Enterprise Park, Waterview Park, Teal Farm & Biddick.
X1 - Route unchanged and renumbered as X3 (Reduced to every 30 mins Mon - Sat and hourly evenings and Sundays)

New Service 3 - Heworth - Follingsby Park - Donwell - Concord - Albany - Washington Galleries - Glebe - Fatfield - Penshaw - Shiney Row - Herrington Burn - Houghton le Spring (Mon - Sat every 30 mins, hourly evenings and Sundays)

4 - Heworth - Follingsby Park - Usworth - Concord - Albany - Washington Galleries - Glebe - Fatfield - Shiney Row - Bournmoor - Fence Houses - Houghton le Spring - Hetton le Hole - Easington Lane (Mon - Sat every 30 mins, hourly on evenings and Sundays)

New Service X4 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Heworth (direct via Felling-by-pass) - Grassbanks - Springwell Village - Washington Galleries - Shiney Row - Bournmoor - Fence Houses - Houghton le Spring (Mon - Sat every 30 mins, hourly on evenings and Sundays

50 - Would omit Wear Industrial Estate, Harraton, Rickleton and Picktree and would be direct from Ayton - Chester le Street to speed up journey times (reduced to hourly Mon - Sun daytimes and evenings, curtailiing at Waldridge Park on evenings. Option for half hourly at peak times)

New Service 50A -  South Shields - Chichester - Stanhope Road/Boldon Lane - Boldon Asda - Nissan - Sulgrave - Concord - Albany - Washington Galleries - Biddick - Washington Arts Centre - Harraton - Rickleton - Picktree - Chester le Street - Waldridge - Arnison Centre, University Hospital of North Durham, Durham (hourly Mon - Sun daytimes and evenings, curtailiing at Waldridge Park on evenings)
81 (Daytimes):
Sunderland, Royal Hospital, Pallion, Enterprise Park, Waterview Park, Teal Farn, Barmston Court, Washington Village, The Galleries, Lambton, Ayton, Barley Mow, Birtley, Team Valley.

8, 81 (Eves & Suns) & 82: Same as Now.

82A Withdrawn.
Deptford 

2/2A - Old Prince Bishops Streetlite
20/20A - New Buses
33 - Stays the same 
39/39A/39B - Saltwell Park Streetlites (goes back to every 15 mins) (added USBs)
35/35A - Ex - Drifter Streetlites (added USBs)
56 - New Buses
60 - New Buses
61 - Ex- EDE Buses
65 - 4x E200MMC

Ex - 56's would transfer to other depots as replacements for the 57/07/08/58/59/09/60/10 plate deckers. 
Ex - Prince Bishops would go onto the 2/2A, any spares will go into spare role at Deptford
Ex - Graphite will replace the older Venture Solo's, and some 15 plates.
(17 Mar 2023, 8:19 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Deptford 

2/2A - Old Prince Bishops Streetlite
20/20A - New Buses
33 - Stays the same 
39/39A/39B - Saltwell Park Streetlites (goes back to every 15 mins) (added USBs)
35/35A - Ex - Drifter Streetlites (added USBs)
56 - New Buses
60 - New Buses
61 - Ex- EDE Buses
65 - 4x E200MMC

Ex - 56's would transfer to other depots as replacements for the 57/07/08/58/59/09/60/10 plate deckers. 
Ex - Prince Bishops would go onto the 2/2A, any spares will go into spare role at Deptford
Ex - Graphite will replace the older Venture Solo's, and some 15 plates.
Nothing to do with service suggestions
Q3/Q4 - Great Park - Regent Centre - Gosforth High Street - West Jesmond - Newcastle City Centre - Quayside - St.Peter's Basin - Walker - Wallsend - Wiltshire Drive - High Farm - Battle Hill Drive - Hadrian Park - Cobalt South - Cobalt Park Way - Middle Engine Lane - Silverlink - Howdon - Wallsend - Walker - St.Peter's Basin - Quayside - Newcastle City Centre - West Jesmond - Gosforth High Street - Regent Centre - Great Park

Service Q3 merged with Wallsend Local Services 40/41 and re-numbered Q3/Q4 providing a Clockwise-Anti Clockwise Loop from Wallsend to Hadrian Park with the revised services providing additional links to Silverlink and Cobalt Business Park opening up better local connections for work/leisure purposes.

Services would operate to a combined frequency of Every 15 Minutes from Great Park to Wallsend with the Clockwise-Anti Clockwise Loops operating Every 30 Minutes in each direction Monday to Saturday with an Hourly Service on Sundays.
(18 Mar 2023, 12:03 am)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Nothing to do with service suggestions
Its a suggestion for services
(19 Mar 2023, 9:00 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Its a suggestion for services
No it aint, you're yammering on about allocations