North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Service Suggestions v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(29 Apr 2021, 5:48 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]I doubt it. The 21 used to be 24/7 but didn’t last long and that was in a boom period.
Also that was with the 21 which surely must be GNE's busiest route. So if it failed on there, what chance would it have anywhere else?

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk
(30 Apr 2021, 7:29 am)big mac wrote [ -> ]Also that was with the 21 which surely must be GNE's busiest route.  So if it failed on there, what chance would it have anywhere else?

Yeah, I mean to be fair when it was 7 days a week 24 hours the stock wasn’t fantastic (original Tridents and single deckers iirc) on it so it didn’t entice you to give it a go.
(30 Apr 2021, 8:50 am)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Yeah, I mean to be fair when it was 7 days a week 24 hours the stock wasn’t fantastic (original Tridents and single deckers iirc) on it so it didn’t entice you to give it a go.

Used it a couple of times and it wasn't an easy or value for money experience.

* It had the additional cost. Even if you already had some sort of ticket or pass.
* The frequency meant it was easier (and often cheaper) rolling out of a club and getting a taxi.
* If you didn't live on the Durham Road corridor, you were limited as to what you could do once you got off (took me two hours to walk home from Chester early one morning, as the last of the taxis had left the rank for the evening and there were no alternatives. The sunrise was spectacular though!).
Ditto for those who could have used it northbound, but would struggle to actually get to Durham Road for whatever reason.

Obviously the same applied to the N56 or N97 when they had night versions.
I would have found the N20 useful, if it went beyond the confines of Durham.

Innovative at the time imo, just had too many weaknesses vs strengths.
(30 Apr 2021, 9:26 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Used it a couple of times and it wasn't an easy or value for money experience.

* It had the additional cost. Even if you already had some sort of ticket or pass.
* The frequency meant it was easier (and often cheaper) rolling out of a club and getting a taxi.
* If you didn't live on the Durham Road corridor, you were limited as to what you could do once you got off (took me two hours to walk home from Chester early one morning, as the last of the taxis had left the rank for the evening and there were no alternatives. The sunrise was spectacular though!).
Ditto for those who could have used it northbound, but would struggle to actually get to Durham Road for whatever reason.

Obviously the same applied to the N56 or N97 when they had night versions.
I would have found the N20 useful, if it went beyond the confines of Durham.

Innovative at the time imo, just had too many weaknesses vs strengths.
What were the passenger numbers on it like when you did use it?

I've used the n21 on a Saturday night at 12.15pm and it's always been busy but that's to be expected given it is a weekend. I can't imagine there having been much demand for it on a Monday night, though, for example.

(30 Apr 2021, 4:35 pm)big mac wrote [ -> ]What were the passenger numbers on it like when you did use it?

I've used the n21 on a Saturday night at 12.15pm and it's always been busy but that's to be expected given it is a weekend.  I can't imagine there having been much demand for it on a Monday night, though, for example.

They were OK on the Fridays and Saturdays I used it.
Don't think I used it on a weekday night, but I've had my moments over the years - so it may have just slipped under the radar.

From what I remember, loads were OK.
Not far off a mid-day type run. Whether it was Omnicity or decker, the loads were OK.
Not sure how much money they made vs how much money they could have made though.
Would an x84/x85 service on a Sunday be viable? It is unusual in that it's in the XLines network yet does not have a Sunday service.

(03 May 2021, 2:32 pm)big mac wrote [ -> ]Would an x84/x85 service on a Sunday be viable?  It is unusual in that it's in the XLines network yet does not have a Sunday service.

I don't know why they don't run the X84/X85 on Sundays between Newcastle and Hexham. Even an hourly service would be satisfactory. Inconvenient for me that it doesn't run.
(03 May 2021, 3:54 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]I don't know why they don't run the X84/X85 on Sundays between Newcastle and Hexham. Even an hourly service would be satisfactory. Inconvenient for me that it doesn't run.

Are there any sunday services out of hexham already. If not then i cant see any benefit in opening a depot just for a couple of vehicles.
(03 May 2021, 10:47 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]Are there any sunday services out of hexham already. If not then i cant see any benefit in opening a depot just for a couple of vehicles.

Tyne Valley Ten? Or is that Riverside?
Special trips once in each direction :

Service 112: Benton - West Jesmond - Fenham - Blaydon

Service 113: Westerhope - Sunniside - Consett and Service 174: Newcastle - Stamfordham - Hexham - Consett

Service 115 - Newcastle - Westerhope - Alnwick- Ashington - Blyth

Service 127: Callerton Village - Westerhope - Cowgate - Newcastle - Gateshead - South Shields

Service 151: Hexham - Ponteland - Newcastle Airport - Kingston Park - Newcastle - Byker - Wallsend - Tynemouth - Marden Estate

Service X74 from Hexham to Washington Galleries via Cowgate, Westerhope and Metrocentre.

Are the Q1/Q2 staying as Quaylink? Refurbs planned?

33/33A could extend from Gosforth/Fawdon to North Fawdon?
I don't understand how your X74 would be able to serve the via points let alone be viable
(04 May 2021, 8:15 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I don't understand how your X74 would be able to serve the via points let alone be viable

It doesn't even serve Lambton Village or Low Fell either.
(04 May 2021, 8:47 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]It doesn't even serve Lambton Village or Low Fell either.
Bloody disgusting I will have to put a complaint in with the local brass for those respective areas
(04 May 2021, 8:52 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Bloody disgusting I will have to put a complaint in with the local brass for those respective areas
Did the 56 extension to hexham ever get anywhere, or was that a joke.
Would there be any demand for doing something with the X39 to Blyth
(05 May 2021, 8:37 am)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Would there be any demand for doing something with the X39 to Blyth
I think the X39 is more of a cobalt Express for afternoon and morning. I'd love to see the X39 extended to Blyth. Another X Lines Route
(05 May 2021, 9:42 am)Micheal Aaron wrote [ -> ]I think the X39 is more of a cobalt Express for afternoon and morning. I'd love to see the X39 extended to Blyth. Another X Lines Route
Don't bother with Cobalt and send it via the old Arriva 44 rout to Whitley Bay then express to Blyth.
Thats what i was thinking funnily enough,i'd even argue possibly only Key stops along the Coast Road,so Corner House,Chillingham Road Junction,Station Road,Battle Hill (around the corner from the Petrol Station), Coastway Shopping Centre (Coast Road Stop), Willington Square,Silverlink,Norham Road,Westminster Avenue,,N.T.G.H,Whitley Bay Morrisons,Whitley Bay,Whitley Bay Playhouse,Whitley Bay Cemetry,Old Hartley/Hartley,Seaton Sluice,Blyth Community Hospital,Blyth Bus Station
They could do an 'X38' calling at all 308 stops to Billy Mill then only Norham Road & Willington Sqaure to Newcastle.
(05 May 2021, 10:47 am)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Thats what i was thinking funnily enough,i'd even argue possibly only Key stops along the Coast Road,so Corner House,Chillingham Road Junction,Station Road,Battle Hill (around the corner from the Petrol Station), Coastway Shopping Centre (Coast Road Stop), Willington Square,Silverlink,Norham Road,Westminster Avenue,,N.T.G.H,Whitley Bay Morrisons,Whitley Bay,Whitley Bay Playhouse,Whitley Bay Cemetry,Old Hartley/Hartley,Seaton Sluice,Blyth Community Hospital,Blyth Bus Station

Don't really see the point in it me. It's pretty much just the 308 bar it misses 4 stops or so. Also there's 9 buses an hour along Hillheads Road in Whitley yet Monkseaton 1/2 mile to the North doesn't have a bus service to Newcastle at all. Also there's no demand for another bus North of Whitley. They carry fresh air all day half the time and there's again 9 buses at the top end of Sluice already and the X7 will be quicker regardless.

The 44 then X8/X9 never remember which one it was done it for a bit aswell and was scrapped as there's no demand plus the GNE coach express for a bit X5'something I believe it was. The Metro will always be quicker on the Coast and more reliable aswell.