North East Buses

Full Version: What's annoying you today? V3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Walking down the street minding my own business.

Three joggers come running up the pavement in a row and nearly knock me into the road.

They did not even apologise nether mind slow down.

Angry

Charles
(13 Jun 2015, 10:51 am)Charles41 wrote [ -> ]Walking down the street minding my own business.

Three joggers come running up the pavement in a row and nearly knock me into the road.

They did not even apologise nether mind slow down.

Angry

Charles

Yeah joggers are very often like this in my experience, often it seems like they have to stick to the planned route and to hell with anybody who gets in their way or they jog past you and stare at you.

I sometimes like to think of joggers are the pedestrian equivalent of cyclists (although they seem to think they are pedestrians).

That's one thing that will annoy me next Sunday when I head to Howlands Rally, it's the bloody Aycliffe 10k next Sunday so my usual stop will be out of use so I will have to walk a bit further to catch a 7 next Sunday and annoyingly there is signs saying about road closures but there is no map yet showing the road closures so I have no idea where to catch the 7, hopefully Durham County Council provide us with notices with information that is correct this time and Arriva give us information about the closures unlike last year.
Bloody Metro should be running to time later...
Ridiculous Government policy that forces ISP to ban torrent websites.
(13 Jun 2015, 11:45 am)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]Bloody Metro should be running to time later...

Not sure about that - the one I'm on at the moment has been stuck at the top of the bank at Pelaw (heading to Sunderland) for about ten minutes now...

Head is battered.
(13 Jun 2015, 4:45 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Ridiculous Government policy that forces ISP to ban torrent websites.

Use a proxy!
(13 Jun 2015, 4:48 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Use a proxy!

I've got a few VPNs that I use to get around it, but it's a clart on as it means I have to fire a virtual machine up too!
Jobsworths.

My mam has now cancelled the respite service after today, basically the worker started to be stupid and was telling me that we should get back early and that we won't arrive home late. It is my fault that I missed a connecting Metro at Monument, a minute connection...! He stuck his head in the camera to say that it's to to go home and then threatened me that he would embarrass me infront of Lee and Thomas Pye. Then he got pissed off when I gathered my coca cola from the platform as that would have been £3 wasted if I didn't.

My mam wasn't impressed when he came back home and mouthed off about me doing this and that and how disgusted he was blah blah blah.

I'd just like to thank Lee for being understanding, as I was very heightened by this stage.
I also had to pay for my Metro fare OUT OF MY OWN MONEY.  Angry
(13 Jun 2015, 6:33 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]I also had to pay for my Metro fare OUT OF MY OWN MONEY.  Angry

Welcome to life.
(13 Jun 2015, 6:34 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Welcome to life.

They have petty cash, which should be used for this type of thing. £6.30 to be exact. But guess who bought their tickets first. A+B+C daysavers for Regent Centre-Central Station...
[attachment=6819]

Further to previous reports. 
(13 Jun 2015, 6:26 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]Jobsworths.

My mam has now cancelled the respite service after today, basically the worker started to be stupid and was telling me that we should get back early and that we won't arrive home late. It is my fault that I missed a connecting Metro at Monument, a minute connection...! He stuck his head in the camera to say that it's to to go home and then threatened me that he would embarrass me infront of Lee and Thomas Pye. Then he got pissed off when I gathered my coca cola from the platform as that would have been £3 wasted if I didn't.

My mam wasn't impressed when he came back home and mouthed off about me doing this and that and how disgusted he was blah blah blah.

I'd just like to thank Lee for being understanding, as I was very heightened by this stage.

I'm glad your mam has cancelled the respite service because that bloke was the most arrogant, rude and ideotic person in the world. 
Some old woman really ruffled my feathers today on the X25.

Woman boards the bus with her husband, I'm sat in the seats towards the back of the bus which face each other. These are the only spare seats and then....

Woman: You haven't had your feet on the seats have you?
Me: No, no I haven't.
Woman: Well some people do and I don't believe you.
The woman then proceeds to start wiping down the seat
Woman to husband: "I'm not sitting there, he has had his feet on the seats"

If I say I haven't had my feet on the seats, it's because I haven't had my feet on the f*****g seats!!!!!
(13 Jun 2015, 9:33 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]Some old woman really ruffled my feathers today on the X25.

Woman boards the bus with her husband, I'm sat in the seats towards the back of the bus which face each other. These are the only spare seats and then....

If I say I haven't had my feet on the seats, it's because I haven't had my feet on the f*****g seats!!!!!

You do unfortunately get arses like that
(13 Jun 2015, 6:37 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]They have petty cash, which should be used for this type of thing. £6.30 to be exact. But guess who bought their tickets first. A+B+C daysavers for Regent Centre-Central Station...

What's the crack there? Do they fund your days out, or do they just keep your money for you when it's required?

Whilst I think that some of the stories of the way you've went on with respite carers are shocking, it doesn't excuse them intimidating you, as per the photo you've provided above, and standing in front of your camera lens is certainly that imo. Also it's not up to them to choose a hobby for you.

(13 Jun 2015, 9:33 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]Some old woman really ruffled my feathers today on the X25.

You'll always get arses like that... I always find that the best policy is to be blunt with them, and they'll sharp shut up.
(13 Jun 2015, 9:51 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]You'll always get arses like that... I always find that the best policy is to be blunt with them, and they'll sharp shut up.

Yeah, I was quite peed off at the time so I said "You stand but if you fall it's your own fault"

What I would have liked to have done in that situation is say "I haven't had my feet on the seats" then put my feet on the seats to annoy them. Obviously I wouldn't do that as much as I'd like to.

No need for that like.
(13 Jun 2015, 10:09 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]What I would have liked to have done in that situation is say "I haven't had my feet on the seats" then put my feet on the seats to annoy them. Obviously I wouldn't do that as much as I'd like to.

No need for that like.

The bloke next too me just turned to me and said "What a pompous prick" and then got back too listening his music haha!
(13 Jun 2015, 6:33 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]I also had to pay for my Metro fare OUT OF MY OWN MONEY.  Angry

(13 Jun 2015, 6:34 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Welcome to life.

(13 Jun 2015, 9:51 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]What's the crack there? Do they fund your days out, or do they just keep your money for you when it's required?

Whilst I think that some of the stories of the way you've went on with respite carers are shocking, it doesn't excuse them intimidating you, as per the photo you've provided above, and standing in front of your camera lens is certainly that imo. Also it's not up to them to choose a hobby for you.

You'll always get arses like that... I always find that the best policy is to be blunt with them, and they'll sharp shut up.
When I was a kid, I had a couple of outings funded by Social Services, if I wanted to do anything above what was planned it would come out my own money.

When I went into Care, the Outreach Stopped and my children's home funded outings for us, mostly in the Summer and the Youth Group I went to funded me to go all over the Country to Conferences, Seminars and twice to the Republic of Ireland and we also organised/funded day-trips a few times a year if any kid wanted to go

Sounds like Tommy could do with the kind of support we used to offer, just a shame we lost our funding when we did, as I truly believe we still had a lot to offer people