North East Buses

Full Version: What's annoying you today? V3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 women stoned to fuck on the bus... with 2 children...no need!
(06 May 2015, 5:46 pm)northern156 wrote [ -> ]That's three jobs I've not got, been told I need experience, for experience I need a job.

Person who got the most recent position I wanted isn't the best at what they do at the moment and has less experience in the role than me who sat in it for 3 weeks during a secondment a few months ago. I'm starting to apply elsewhere now as I'm technically out of a job in November.

Boils my piss it does Sad

Do I sense some unhappiness there Sean...Don't think I have heard or seen you swear before Big Grin
(06 May 2015, 6:55 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Think more companies should take this approach if I'm honest 

I go to an inadequate school, I know for a fact that if some of the kids at my place were actively encouraged to do well, they could. In my opinion, if this country is to have a thriving economy, we need people from schools like mine to make it, to give belief to others.

I went on a school trip to Cambridge a few weeks ago, and everyone from my place went with the same attitude "We're not actually going to go here for university, so it'll be nice to go", this attitude needs to be eradicated. If people want to do something, they should not be limited by their background, school, or any other factor. 

I know it would never happen, but I don't think that private schools should be there. I know that some people get in because of raw talent, and excel, but I disagree completely with the rich sending their kids there just because they have the money to. It's unfair on those who cannot afford it, and gives an immediate uneven playing field. 

Those from disadvantaged backgrounds should be given exactly the same opportunities in life as those who come from wealthy families. 

I agree with you about Private Schools, despite going to one when I was a kid, I hate the idea of them, as you say, people send there kids just because they have the money to do it, I got grief for years about my background and I remember having a fight with a kid who took the piss constantly and nearly getting expelled for it Big Grin kids from poorer backgrounds do get a chance at these establishments through scholarships, Dan is proof of that at Sunderland High.

In my case, I should never have gone to Durham Choristers, I was way out my depth, and it was nothing more than snobbery from the family member who funded it, because ultimately the money was wasted, I ended up back in the State system and went from decent grades to failing the entrance test for Sunderland High to getting nothing in my GCSE results
Not so much today, but a gradual annoyance built up over the last week.

Bus services in Chester once they start running down.

No integration and what seems like standing around for eternity. Or as witnessed by myself, people hopping between stops, trying to work out where they can go, to change onto another service.

I haven't used buses on a night in Chester for a long time. My experience recently, reminded me why.
This isn't just in one direction either.

21's arrive on their reduced frequency, spitting people off - who presumably have places to be, beyond Front Street.
This often involves a walk or wait, due to the infrequency of the other 4 (34, 28, 78a 50a) remaining services.
Those services seemingly either come all together or leave prior to another service arriving.

Maybe some sort of re-jig would attract more passengers?
It seems a very weak link in the favoured hub and spoke model.

Appreciate DCC funding has long gone and business models adapted as a result, but maybe the business model isn't seeing passenger numbers like it used to?
Pissed off today...Took a Drug Test

The test is to check for:-

Opiate Use (Codeine)
Heroin
Cocaine
Marijuana
Methadone
Buprenorphine

I tested positive for Codeine and Methadone and tested Negative for Buprenorphine...

The funny thing is I am not on Methadone, I am on Buprenorphine...The drug test is mad, I test positive for a drug I have never took and test negative for the one I do...

After the test, the nurse then gave me a 5 minute lecture about Methadone, like I was a naughty little schoolboy...

Was quite upset to be honest
(07 May 2015, 1:28 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Pissed off today...Took a Drug Test

The test is to check for:-

Opiate Use (Codeine)
Heroin
Cocaine
Marijuana
Methadone
Buprenorphine

I tested positive for Codeine and Methadone and tested Negative for Buprenorphine...

The funny thing is I am not on Methadone, I am on Buprenorphine...The drug test is mad, I test positive for a drug I have never took and test negative for the one I do...

After the test, the nurse then gave me a 5 minute lecture about Methadone, like I was a naughty little schoolboy...

Was quite upset to be honest

Out of curiosity, were there any stipulations or consequences attached to the drug test you took?
(07 May 2015, 2:34 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Out of curiosity, were there any stipulations or consequences attached to the drug test you took?

What d'ya mean mate

All I know and understand is, I go in, piss in a cup and don't really understand it all...1 expectation put on me was start therapy which I did 2 weeks ago and started to do CBT, although I have done it before, I still find it hard to figure out these days...

Potential consequences would probably be taking me off my current prescription

Not 100% sure to be honest Mr Young
(07 May 2015, 3:00 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]What d'ya mean mate

All I know and understand is, I go in, piss in a cup and don't really understand it all...1 expectation put on me was start therapy which I did 2 weeks ago and started to do CBT, although I have done it before, I still find it hard to figure out these days...

Potential consequences would probably be taking me off my current prescription

Not 100% sure to be honest Mr Young

You've probably answered my question to be honest, but what I was trying to get at was would happen if you failed. I've heard stories of people being on licence having to do drug tests and the consequences of failing means they either go back inside or have a suspended sentence...erm...unsuspended (if that is the correct terminology).

I'm assuming that none of the above applies to you, so, to ask and rephrase my initial question, what implications (either positive or negative) does doing a drug-test have on you personally? If you fail, are there any enforcable punitive consequences?

As I've said, I suspect you've already answered. 
(07 May 2015, 8:19 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Do I sense some unhappiness there Sean...Don't think I have heard or seen you swear before Big Grin

You should hear me every day, usually muttering curse words to myself at work!!

I'm polite to people such as yourself Big Grin
Tried to get some Coast and Country photos at Penshaw Monument but things just went totally wrong, times sun etc.

Also I have been stood over 20 minutes waiting for the 2/2A/78 to Sunderland

Many of my ambitious photos have gone wrong as well.

EDIT: 2A has finally arrived.
(07 May 2015, 3:28 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Tried to get some Coast and Country photos at Penshaw Monument but things just went totally wrong, times sun etc.

Also I have been stood over 20 minutes waiting for the 2/2A/78 to Sunderland

Many of my ambitious photos have gone wrong as well.

EDIT: 2A has finally arrived.

Did you make any attempts to plan your day around the sun? The sun is at its best at 13:00, for buses heading out of Sunderland to Washington/Consett, when trying to get photos with Penshaw Monument in-shot.
(07 May 2015, 3:49 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Did you make any attempts to plan your day around the sun? The sun is at its best at 13:00, for buses heading out of Sunderland to Washington/Consett, when trying to get photos with Penshaw Monument in-shot.
No, although I was alright in most places but running late ruined this. Also I looked at Penshaw Monument on Google Maps and thought I'd be able to get a photo at a certain angle but when I went to the spot it wasn't really possible.
Trying to crop photos on Flickr and it keeps coming up with error Angry

EDIT: Bad, bad panda.
I have lost my charger which charges my Sony and Nikon cameras and they are both dead and I was hoping to go to North Shields tomorrow 
Traffic getting worse in Sunderland city centre... -.-
Houghton Co-op closing before the end of the month.

Always got a bargain yellow sticker or two from there
Found out that the Cadets at Stockton are DAF SB120 and not Dennis Dart SLF.
(10 May 2015, 8:43 am)danpick wrote [ -> ]Found out that the Cadets at Stockton are DAF SB120 and not Dennis Dart SLF.

They'd be Crusaders on a Dart chassis... Same engine and gearbox though so more or less a Dart.
(10 May 2015, 8:56 am)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]They'd be Crusaders on a Dart chassis... Same engine and gearbox though so more or less a Dart.

Thanks, I'll go and edit my post in the Arriva thread.
I am totally useless, can't even open a tin of dog food. So disappointed in myself for not being able to do even the simplest things.

Been in a bad all night but I am not going to say why yet but if I hear nothing regarding the reason why I am frustrated by about 7pm tonight you'll be seeing a post in a certain thread on here.