North East Buses

Full Version: What's annoying you today? V3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(17 Apr 2015, 9:16 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]With the X66, and I've done this myself plenty mind, I'd rather wait a couple of minutes for the next one to turn up. That way I'm on and in a seat.

This is it. As one bus departs, the next one pulls in. During busy periods, GNE employees can easily assist drivers at either end by telling people that they will have to wait a few minutes for the next bus. This is already done at Christmas, but it's quite likely duplicate services will operate at this time anyway.

There will always be people who don't mind standing for the 10 minute journey, but those who want/need a seat can wait 6 or 7 minutes.

If you see two buses on a 10 minute frequency bunched up together and both stop to let passengers off, are you the type to run to the one at the back as it's typically empty? I know I do.
Can somebody tell me how good a respite session of 1430-1730 is good for an almost mother of three?

Today my plan is:
0700 Nothing
0730 Nothing
0800 Nothing
0830 Nothing

Then NOTHING until

1300 Put my clothes on
1330 Nothing
1400 Nothing
1430 Respite arrives in a dirty minibus
1510 Arrive Times Square Car Park
1520 Arrive Newcastle Central Station
1645 Leave Newcastle Central Station
1655 Arrive Times Square Car Park
1730 Arrive Home
1800 Nothing
1830 Nothing

Could have more fun if I was watching paint dry, to be honest.
If there is one thing that annoys me about Flickr it is these people will follow everybody purely so more people will follow them and view their photos.

Had one of these last night, one followed me and I looked at their photostream and as ever it was just black and white photos of things and all the photos had 99+ favourites and lots of comments. This took my number of followers up to 120 but I have noticed it has gone back down to 119 again now as they have un-followed me.

Get sick of these all the time and it makes me wonder how many of the 119 followers are actually following me for my photos and not just to boost their views, swear to God I am sick of seeing black and white photos of clowns.
(18 Apr 2015, 8:41 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]If there is one thing that annoys me about Flickr it is these people will follow everybody purely so more people will follow them and view their photos.

Had one of these last night, one followed me and I looked at their photostream and as ever it was just black and white photos of things and all the photos had 99+ favourites and lots of comments. This took my number of followers up to 120 but I have noticed it has gone back down to 119 again now as they have un-followed me.

Get sick of these all the time and it makes me wonder how many of the 119 followers are actually following me for my photos and not just to boost their views, swear to God I am sick of seeing black and white photos of clowns.

I know that Uktransportvids82 gets like 50 faves within a minute, and about 120 overall per photo. I like making use of the block feature, already got two punters in there.
Forgot to mention this the other day...

I was annoyed at someone calling me a sad b*****d, because I am looking forward to voting in the general election...

I was asked what is so good about it...Well, the fact I have the freedom to say who I think should be representing me, the fact I have a chance to vote is exciting enough for me

I got told 'Do you think your one solitary vote will be the decider in who wins'...Probably not, but you never know

These are people who would not know a ballot paper if it jumped up and kicked them in the nuts, the kinda people who would say 'I won't vote for them, I will cross them out' [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

The kind of people who dont vote but are the first to complain when the country is being flushed down the swanny, we have this wonderful called free speech in this country, but I believe if you dont vote in elections, then don't bitch and moan if things go tits up. I have voted in every election and referendum I have been eligible to vote in, only elections I did not vote in was 2001 as I moved back home around the election.

If that makes me a sad b*****d, then I am sad B #1, because I cannot wait for May 7th

Rant Over lol [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
Just had a cyclist crash into me in Darlington.
(18 Apr 2015, 11:07 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Just had a cyclist crash into me in Darlington.
[POUTING FACE]

Hope your ok Mate
(18 Apr 2015, 11:08 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ][POUTING FACE]

Hope your ok Mate
I'm fine.
(18 Apr 2015, 11:07 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Just had a cyclist crash into me in Darlington.

They don't know the difference between red and green.

Thought you said that you weren't going back to Darlington-le-trou-de-merde!

Cause havoc where ever they go these days...
(18 Apr 2015, 11:22 am)Robert wrote [ -> ]Cause havoc where ever they go these days...
I have made views on cyclists on here in the past which didn't go down well.

All I am going to say about this incident is, if you are managing to crash into someone who has stood in one place for a minute or two there is something wrong. People wonder why I hate them so much...
The referee at the Gateshead vs Bristol Rovers match is horrendous
(17 Apr 2015, 8:07 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Language Timothy

That gets on my nerves too, and it pees me off on a bus when all you can hear is someone swearing
All I'm hearing on this 22 is the F word, really loudly.

Also I thought the 128 left Durham Rail Station at 1545, it actually leaves at 1539 - Doh!
Tyne and Wear Metro.

Plenty of seats behind me, yet some old git sits next to me at the front.

Also...
Battery has died on camera... Shopping list: 8 rechargeable batteries and a charger.
Waiting for an important email, and still no reply. Every time a new email comes its from Flickr.
Most of the cheap Carlisle - London and Newcastle - London advance fares have gone now Sad

EDIT - sorry, no they haven't, they're now at stupid times of the day. Southbound you have to leave 0930 at the earliest, getting to London for 1300!! Coming back you have to leave London on the 2200 back north, no ta!
(19 Apr 2015, 9:12 am)northern156 wrote [ -> ]Most of the cheap Carlisle - London and Newcastle - London advance fares have gone now Sad

Welcome to Virgin Trains East Coast - like West Coast but even more shit.

Edit: Welcome to Virgin Trains East Coast - dont bother getting on our trains with cheap tickets. More profit to Stagecoach Group and Virgin.
(19 Apr 2015, 9:15 am)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]Welcome to Virgin Trains East Coast - like West Coast but even more shit.

Not the TOCs fault, I like VTEC. I'm guessing it's lots of people going for these super cheap fares, humbug!
(19 Apr 2015, 9:16 am)northern156 wrote [ -> ]Not the TOCs fault, I like VTEC. I'm guessing it's lots of people going for these super cheap fares, humbug!

I was looking yesterday. There and back for about 82 quid, including the return being 1st class. 

I'm feeling the urge to either do there and back in a day, or spend a couple days down there with an overnight stay, and see if I can take full advantage of the buses fare cap. Smile 
With a 16-25 railcard I was looking at a huge amount of £9.95 fares each way. As long as you left Newcastle before 0730 (or after 0930) you'd get one, plus coming back, any time until 1530 and then after 1900 ish. Now they've been replaced with more expensive fares, I do hope they've not completely got rid of the £20 returns at decent times of day!!

Hopefully when I get a decent, well-paid job (got an interview for one on 1st May) I'm going to spend 2 nights in London - although the early planning I've done doesn't seem to go well on a light budget!