North East Buses

Full Version: What's annoying you today? V3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(19 Apr 2015, 11:43 am)northern156 wrote [ -> ]With a 16-25 railcard I was looking at a huge amount of £9.95 fares each way. As long as you left Newcastle before 0730 (or after 0930) you'd get one, plus coming back, any time until 1530 and then after 1900 ish. Now they've been replaced with more expensive fares, I do hope they've not completely got rid of the £20 returns at decent times of day!!

Hopefully when I get a decent, well-paid job (got an interview for one on 1st May) I'm going to spend 2 nights in London - although the early planning I've done doesn't seem to go well on a light budget!

Aye, hotel prices kill it down there! If you look around though, the Fulham Travelodge or Putney Bridge Premier Inn is usually a good shout. I've used both years ago, and think I paid around 70 quid a night? Not bad at all for London prices.
(19 Apr 2015, 12:03 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Aye, hotel prices kill it down there! If you look around though, the Fulham Travelodge or Putney Bridge Premier Inn is usually a good shout. I've used both years ago, and think I paid around 70 quid a night? Not bad at all for London prices.

I stayed at a guesthouse in Hither Green which cost me around £30 a night. Mind I did stay for 8 nights.
This will echo what was posted on Friday but...

Someone decided they are so important that they felt the need to physically barge me out of the way as I was walking through the doors to enter the gym.

Also the people across the road have decided to leave the car blocking much of the road and the only way of getting past there is a risk our car will be damaged because of this.
Remembering that I miss my only free period tomorrow, as well as a History and Maths lesson to do my Chemistry practical, which we have until lunchtime to complete... 
Bloody kids crying on the bus, i know i work with kids but bloody hell!
(19 Apr 2015, 8:42 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Remembering that I miss my only free period tomorrow, as well as a History and Maths lesson to do my Chemistry practical, which we have until lunchtime to complete... 

That sounds really fun for a Monday..... -.-
LED Blind troubles again.
I am annoyed at the fact thay old habits die hard despite being on medication that is supposed to block my bad habits...

Sick as fook at the moment Sad
(19 Apr 2015, 11:43 am)northern156 wrote [ -> ]With a 16-25 railcard I was looking at a huge amount of £9.95 fares each way. As long as you left Newcastle before 0730 (or after 0930) you'd get one, plus coming back, any time until 1530 and then after 1900 ish. Now they've been replaced with more expensive fares, I do hope they've not completely got rid of the £20 returns at decent times of day!!

Hopefully when I get a decent, well-paid job (got an interview for one on 1st May) I'm going to spend 2 nights in London - although the early planning I've done doesn't seem to go well on a light budget!

(19 Apr 2015, 12:03 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Aye, hotel prices kill it down there! If you look around though, the Fulham Travelodge or Putney Bridge Premier Inn is usually a good shout. I've used both years ago, and think I paid around 70 quid a night? Not bad at all for London prices.

Often cheaper to book just outside the M25. Had decent hotels (3* plus) and much nicer than the chains mentioned, for surprisingly low prices.
Half an hour outside Waterloo and you can be laughing.
Stood on the Centrelink and have seen the X66 go down there towards the Metrocentre and now I have got myself in a good position they start going the other way.
(20 Apr 2015, 12:35 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Stood on the Centrelink and have seen the X66 go down there towards the Metrocentre and now I have got myself in a good position they start going the other way.

How does that work? Everytime that I've been on the CentreLink, the X66 uses it toward Gateshead and the X66 toward Metrocentre uses Askew Road or whatever it's called these days.
7 is on the wrong stand in Durham (again!) it's late and is now going to be even later became someone has just tried to get on with a Darlington ticket.

And the person sat next to me wants both seats and eating rank smelling crisps. ROLL ON ENVIRO 400's!
I've nearly been killed because the stupid council have reverted the A197 past the new community centre back to two lanes, so as ever I only look right as I've done so for about six months now with westbound traffic it just confuses me.

As per usual the Asda petrol station is now busier, so there is now lots of peril in crossing that entrance, nearly got killed again because some muppet didn't indicate to enter the petrol station.
(20 Apr 2015, 4:00 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]I've nearly been killed because the stupid council have reverted the A197 past the new community centre back to two lanes, so as ever I only look right as I've done so for about six months now with westbound traffic it just confuses me.

As per usual the Asda petrol station is now busier, so there is now lots of peril in crossing that entrance, nearly got killed again because some muppet didn't indicate to enter the petrol station.

Sounds like the makings of a Viz Top Tip that. You should send it in!
A Pigeon crapped on me in Blandford St in Sunderland earlier...

Might stick the Lottery on this week, it is supposedly good luck innit when a bird shits on ya [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
(20 Apr 2015, 7:19 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]That sounds really fun for a Monday..... -.-

Did it in about one and a half hours, hope it went well...
(20 Apr 2015, 5:46 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]A Pigeon crapped on me in Blandford St in Sunderland earlier...

Might stick the Lottery on this week, it is supposedly good luck innit when a bird shits on ya [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Was the Pigeon pink?
(20 Apr 2015, 5:50 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Was the Pigeon pink?
Pink faeces. 

£70/night is too expensive for me to be honest! £50 tops really. I've found some VERY reasonably priced hotels on the outskirts, such as Luton/Bedford/Stevenage etc. with the intention of 'commuting in' as at least one of the days I go will be a weekday. However although the hotel is cheaper, the train fares are astronomical! With an Oyster card I would've got a Zone 1-9 Day Travelcard (I'd be riding around on trains/buses all day) however Zone 9 is a good few miles from the above hotels. Basically the M25 is where the cheap hotels start and the quite cheap travel ends.

Where there is a will, there is a way though, I'll do some more planning soon.

What's annoyed me today though was a total cock driving a BMW M3 (hardly surprising) who cut me up, basically overtaking me on a roundabout coming home from work, then to go racing down the single carriageway narrowly avoiding some head-on crashes. Nearly hit my bloody car!!
(20 Apr 2015, 5:50 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Was the Pigeon pink?
God knows...

I didn't look up, it may have shit in my face [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]