North East Buses

Full Version: What's annoying you today? V3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05 Oct 2015, 6:06 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]The forum has taken a downturn in recent weeks and months with some of the silly arguments and such that has gone on and it is leaving some to think whether this is even worth their time anymore, even I'm thinking that I don't want a part of it anymore at times, especially on Monday's when the same stupid argument happens every week. I think I'd be on here even less if there wasn't reportings of Arriva Odd Workings in my area that I can go out and get photographs of for my Flickr. I think we are all going to have to think about what we are posting on here and stop the arguments as if we don't it's only going to get worse and it could lead to the forum administrators (current and future) not wanting to run this forum anymore.

Exactly, its petty arguments, however it only ever happens when i post it.... i have nothing against other members posting it but he seems to think i do it to annoy him, which i don't causing an argument. 

Happens anymore then i'll probables go, haven't got time for petty arguments, got to much to do.
(05 Oct 2015, 6:00 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Hold on... how many warnings has people being giving then, clearly some people doesn't understand but hey shit happens. 

Honestly we don't want you to remain as a back seat administrator - but i'm just frustrated it always happens and nothing seems to be done expect for a few post deletes...

Wish i didn't bother now.....

I believe aureolin is the only one who tends to use the forum's warning system, but he too has taken some time away from the forum (anyone want to guess why?!) I usually remove posts and PM people afterwards to explain why, but when it's the same thing time and time again, these people know why the posts are deleted and it really doesn't warrant any more of my time being given to explain why.

I made my decision when I announced that I wanted another forum moderator: this isn't something which I have decided just because you've made a post saying you're annoyed. Sly comments hoping to receive a reaction, the bitchiness, and the usual arguments, have only pushed me further into making this decision.

Your problem will be resolved when a new "Go North East" bot account is created. When the Fleet News section of Go North East's website is updated, the bot *should* post the information itself. That way, the usual Monday morning argument will no longer take place, as neither you nor Bazza will be copying and pasting it to the forum. Not something I ever wanted to bring in as I've always liked the idea of anyone being able to post it (given that it has become something of a tradition over the years), but the arguments about who can and can't post it have forced me to this decision.
I agree a lot with what Michael is saying.

And if I am honest, and I hate to say it but the forum has gone very downhill in recent weeks/month.

And one of them problems I think is the fact that things are always trying to be changed, eg Forum layout, fleet lists, fleet news.... Which is probably why I haven't used it so much recently.

You may or may not agree with me, probably the latter but I just felt a chance was there to voice my opinions.
(05 Oct 2015, 6:13 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I believe aureolin is the only one who tends to use the forum's warning system, but he too has taken some time away from the forum (anyone want to guess why?!) I usually remove posts and PM people afterwards to explain why, but when it's the same thing time and time again, these people know why the posts are deleted and it really doesn't warrant any more of my time being given to explain why.

I made my decision when I announced that I wanted another forum moderator: this isn't something which I have decided just because you've made a post saying you're annoyed. Sly comments hoping to receive a reaction, the bitchiness, and the usual arguments, have only pushed me further into making this decision.

Your problem will be resolved when a new "Go North East" bot account is created. When the Fleet News section of Go North East's website is updated, the bot *should* post the information itself. That way, the usual Monday morning argument will no longer take place, as neither you nor Bazza will be copying and pasting it to the forum.

thats the solution i wanted anyhow i am sorry to Michael but i will agree to not argue anymore or target fleet news posts if i have a problem i will let you or another admin know ASAP instead of putting it public then it solves more issues
(05 Oct 2015, 6:13 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I believe aureolin is the only one who tends to use the forum's warning system, but he too has taken some time away from the forum (anyone want to guess why?!) I usually remove posts and PM people afterwards to explain why, but when it's the same thing time and time again, these people know why the posts are deleted and it really doesn't warrant any more of my time being given to explain why.

Your problem will be resolved when a new "Go North East" bot account is created. When the Fleet News section of Go North East's website is updated, the bot *should* post the information itself. That way, the usual Monday morning argument will no longer take place, as neither you nor Bazza will be copying and pasting it to the forum.

Thank god, i was going to suggest a moderator to do it but it seems all of them are taking time away so it would of being pointless... it only ever happens when i post it though.. that's my point. 

Will you ever come back to the forum on a daily bases?

I hope you make the right choice about the moderator.... don't want someone who will over use the power....

Your problem will be resolved when a new "Go North East" bot account is created. When the Fleet News section of Go North East's website is updated, the bot *should* post the information itself. That way, the usual Monday morning argument will no longer take place, as neither you nor Bazza will be copying and pasting it to the forum. Not something I ever wanted to bring in as I've always liked the idea of anyone being able to post it (given that it has become something of a tradition over the years), but the arguments about who can and can't post it have forced me to this decision.

Will this 'bot' post other news.
(05 Oct 2015, 6:15 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]I agree a lot with what Michael is saying.

And if I am honest, and I hate to say it but the forum has gone very downhill in recent weeks/month.

And one of them problems I think is the fact that things are always trying to be changed, eg Forum layout, fleet lists, fleet news.... Which is probably why I haven't used it so much recently.

You may or may not agree with me, probably the latter but I just felt a chance was there to voice my opinions.

I agree we've been forced to have this which alot didn't want, I'm having to get used to this.
(05 Oct 2015, 6:19 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Thank god, i was going to suggest a moderator to do it but it seems all of them are taking time away so it would of being pointless... it only ever happens when i post it though.. that's my point. 

Will you ever come back to the forum on a daily bases?

I hope you make the right choice about the moderator.... don't want someone who will over use the power....

I agree people will become petty and cocky with it.
(05 Oct 2015, 6:17 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]thats the solution i wanted anyhow i am sorry to Michael but i will agree to not argue anymore or target fleet news posts if i have a problem i will let you or another admin know ASAP instead of putting it public then it solves more issues

So do i Bazza but honestly i don't post it to annoy you, i do it because its a free forum - hopefully this works and its done automatically, so can we just get on?  Big Grin
(05 Oct 2015, 6:23 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]So do i Bazza but honestly i don't post it to annoy you, i do it because its a free forum - hopefully this works and its done automatically, so can we just get on?  Big Grin

i see at least my question has been answered but if its automatically it will solve 1001 problems and that way no more arguing and everyone can get along with each other oh oh ive just stolen song lyrics again
(05 Oct 2015, 6:20 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]I agree we've been forced to have this which alot didn't want, I'm having to get used to this.

I don't see what the problem is with the new layout and design. Its uniformed like the fleet news and the fleet lists. Most of the features are still here.
(05 Oct 2015, 6:24 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]i see at least my question has been answered but if its automatically it will solve 1001 problems and that way no more arguing and everyone can get along with each other oh oh ive just stolen song lyrics again

=), the reason why i didn't answer your inboxes was because i was frustrated and that, but least we can both move on.  Big Grin
(05 Oct 2015, 5:19 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]I've been told that I fainted (or something similar) this morning. Its been mentioned that dehydration could have caused it.

It's not as if I haven't done it many times since, for a variety of reasons, but I famously keeled over in assembly at school, once - it was a hot day and we all had to stand for assembly and the deputy head was droning on and on and on.... Next thing I remember is sitting on the steps, outside.

Turned out that I'd forgotten to drink my cup of tea, that morning.
(05 Oct 2015, 6:28 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]=), the reason why i didn't answer your inboxes was because i was frustrated and that, but least we can both move on.  Big Grin

Just curious was it Adam Y you feel out with just as he's been banned.
(05 Oct 2015, 6:30 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Just curious was it Adam Y you feel out with just as he's been banned.

It was Bazza but i don't want to go back in to details. =)
(05 Oct 2015, 6:30 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Just curious was it Adam Y you feel out with just as he's been banned.

No - he requested his account was suspended, so I have obliged and the door will always remain open for him to return.
(05 Oct 2015, 6:25 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]I don't see what the problem is with the new layout and design. Its uniformed like the fleet news and the fleet lists. Most of the features are still here.

I just generally don't like the style of it.
(05 Oct 2015, 6:31 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]No - he requested his account was suspended, so I have obliged and the door will always remain open for him to return.

Just its the first time I noticed so made assumptions.

(05 Oct 2015, 6:31 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]I just generally don't like the style of it.

Neither do I.
(05 Oct 2015, 6:31 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]I just generally don't like the style of it.

(05 Oct 2015, 6:34 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Neither do I.

Go back to the old one then - the option is in your User Control Panel. The old version of the forum theme is no longer supported, so you'll see the navigation bar twice at the top of your screen. This won't be fixed.

We listened to the complaints and added/amended everything that was requested when we first rolled the new theme out: we had no complaints after this. As for the fleet lists/fleet news, these were changed because most of you said you no longer use these features on the basis that they replicate the news posted on the forum. Now, the news is posted on the fleet news first, and people have the option to discuss it on the forum afterwards. Again, we listened to your complaints, and made the appropriate improvements.

EDIT: Scrap the first para - Liam's removed the option to go back to the old theme (presumably because it didn't work properly!)
(05 Oct 2015, 6:35 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Go back to the old one then - the option is in your User Control Panel. The old version of the forum theme is no longer supported, so you'll see the navigation bar twice at the top of your screen. This won't be fixed.

We listened to the complaints and added/amended everything that was requested when we first rolled the new theme out: we had no complaints after this. As for the fleet lists/fleet news, these were changed because most of you said you no longer use these features on the basis that they replicate the news posted on the forum. Now, the news is posted on the fleet news first, and people have the option to discuss it on the forum afterwards. Again, we listened to your complaints, and made the appropriate improvements.

When will the GNE bot thing be done for the fleet news?
(05 Oct 2015, 6:37 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]When will the GNE bot thing be done for the fleet news?

By next Monday, hopefully. If I don't manage to get the bot up and running by then, I will post the fleet news myself.