North East Buses

Full Version: What's annoying you today? V3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(23 Aug 2015, 1:17 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Those days from Da Nang and Saigon during the Tet Offensive coming back to haunt you

Nah. Just the copious amount of army-grade acid I was forced to take during my time there. Apocalypse Now is like the story of my life.
(23 Aug 2015, 1:03 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Quite different when you have been on your constantly feet for more than 10 Hours and your absolutely knackered though, didnt mind the rain, I just didnt like the thought of waiting 25 Minutes for the 56, having finished work slightly later than planned due other members of staff finishing at 7pm or before leaving us short staffed, and then leaving us tidy everything up etc which again took even longer than was originally thought.
(23 Aug 2015, 1:15 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I walked 15,000 steps from 18:30 (when citaro5284 picked me up) to 03:30 and half of that was in a thunder storm - you're getting no pity from me..! Given that I'd woken up early doors the day before, I was up for a good 20-21 hours before actually getting three hours sleep.

I too was constantly on my feet - climbing on and off buses and up and down stairs on 16 Fab56 Volvo B9s to check Next Stop Announcement screens and audio volume at midnight was perhaps the most difficult part!

In contrast to you both, I sat and done sod all most of the night. Well apart from the effort to get in a mates car, pick a friend up from the town, and stop off at McDonalds for a while. Big Grin
(23 Aug 2015, 1:35 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]In contrast to you both, I sat and done sod all most of the night. Well apart from the effort to get in a mates car, pick a friend up from the town, and stop off at McDonalds for a while. Big Grin

I treated myself to a Big Mac at 17:00 as preparation, not gonna lie!  Tongue
(22 Aug 2015, 8:47 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Seeing Bazza photographing the Sunderland Team coach as walked into work at 10:50am, endlessly waving trying to get my attention.

And having to half hour in this minging weather for the 56 as the 21:11pm from SOL done a flyer.

i was meeting celebrities too plus i did went to the game yesterday i try to wish the team luck i even said to Jermaine Defoe "You better well bloody score today" and he did
(23 Aug 2015, 11:33 am)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Err no....so was I

Shirt and High Viz Vest only.

Hope you had trousers on at least...!
One thing that annoys me slightly by having this hobby is some people seem to think I know every bus timetable inside out even though I don't, was asked what time a 5A ran to Bishop Auckland this morning but I didn't know and the response was "you should know" well I don't! The one that really annoys me is when I get asked stuff like "what time is the last 56 from Ferryhill?" how am I supposed to know that? so I'm left to viewing the timetable to get the answer to their question, why they couldn't do that is beyond me. Someone also got annoyed because I didn't know what times the train runs, although in my defence they gave me no idea of what sort of time they'd like to travel so I couldn't be bothered finding the timetable online then reading out the whole bleeding thing.

Anyone else get annoyed by this at times?
(23 Aug 2015, 8:59 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]i was meeting celebrities too plus i did went to the game yesterday i try to wish the team luck i even said to Jermaine Defoe "You better well bloody score today" and he did
Name Dropper Wink
(24 Aug 2015, 8:24 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]One thing that annoys me slightly by having this hobby is some people seem to think I know every bus timetable inside out even though I don't, was asked what time a 5A ran to Bishop Auckland this morning but I didn't know and the response was "you should know" well I don't! The one that really annoys me is when I get asked stuff like "what time is the last 56 from Ferryhill?" how am I supposed to know that? so I'm left to viewing the timetable to get the answer to their question, why they couldn't do that is beyond me. Someone also got annoyed because I didn't know what times the train runs, although in my defence they gave me no idea of what sort of time they'd like to travel so I couldn't be bothered finding the timetable online then reading out the whole bleeding thing.

Does not bother me, as I know the buses around here...

What does annoy me is when people who dont talk to me from one week to the next ask me to find bus times for them, I do it because the being the person I am I find it hard to tell people to 'fuck off'

One request made me laugh one day, lady asked the driver what time a bus came and where from, bus driver said 'I dont know, why dont you ask him' pointing to me [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
(24 Aug 2015, 8:35 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Does not bother me, as I know the buses around here...

What does annoy me is when people who dont talk to me from one week to the next ask me to find bus times for them, I do it because the being the person I am I find it hard to tell people to 'fuck off'

One request made me laugh one day, lady asked the driver what time a bus came and where from, bus driver said 'I dont know, why dont you ask him' pointing to me [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

The thing that irritates me about it is when I get asked and I don't know and people expect me to know when the buses should come. I don't really know what times buses run on mornings and evenings, I only really know the times during the daytime.
(24 Aug 2015, 8:24 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]One thing that annoys me slightly by having this hobby is some people seem to think I know every bus timetable inside out even though I don't, was asked what time a 5A ran to Bishop Auckland this morning but I didn't know and the response was "you should know" well I don't! The one that really annoys me is when I get asked stuff like "what time is the last 56 from Ferryhill?" how am I supposed to know that? so I'm left to viewing the timetable to get the answer to their question, why they couldn't do that is beyond me. Someone also got annoyed because I didn't know what times the train runs, although in my defence they gave me no idea of what sort of time they'd like to travel so I couldn't be bothered finding the timetable online then reading out the whole bleeding thing.

Once had a teacher ask if I could help her find rail fares online, she had found £XX on 'the trainline' while she had found £XX on East Coast, she wanted me to try and find a cheaper fare...! 

I hated her so I went "TRAVEL IN FIVE MONTHS TIME! Oh, and book with East Coast".
(24 Aug 2015, 8:42 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]The thing that irritates me about it is when I get asked and I don't know and people expect me to know when the buses should come. I don't really know what times buses run on mornings and evenings, I only really know the times during the daytime.

This bit is what annoys me, although my parents don't know the extent to which I'm interested in buses, as I'm not overly 'active' within the hobby, photograph wise etc, because I get a bus to and from school, they expect me to know the time of every bus ever.

However, as school starts at 9, and finishes at half 3, I have no clue on evening buses, or on those heading to Newcastle in the morning, which is what I'm usually asked for! My morning journey is at 7.50, which is at a time irregular to the timetable for the rest of the day...
(23 Aug 2015, 8:59 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]i was meeting celebrities too plus i did went to the game yesterday i try to wish the team luck i even said to Jermaine Defoe "You better well bloody score today" and he did
Just think Bazza, if rumours in the news are true, Mr Defoe may not be there much longer
(24 Aug 2015, 9:10 am)mb134 wrote [ -> ]This bit is what annoys me, although my parents don't know the extent to which I'm interested in buses, as I'm not overly 'active' within the hobby, photograph wise etc, because I get a bus to and from school, they expect me to know the time of every bus ever.

However, as school starts at 9, and finishes at half 3, I have no clue on evening buses, or on those heading to Newcastle in the morning, which is what I'm usually asked for! My morning journey is at 7.50, which is at a time irregular to the timetable for the rest of the day...

This is where you show people how to navigate to the Traveline website on their phones Smile
(24 Aug 2015, 1:44 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]This is where you show people how to navigate to the Traveline website on their phones Smile

I'd already downloaded the Arriva App for them!
(24 Aug 2015, 2:59 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]I'd already downloaded the Arriva App for them!
I have Arriva, GNE and Catch That Bus downloaded on my phone, if someone asks me about bus times, providing they are pleasant, I dont mind checking out times for them
On the subject of people asking times, it generally doesn't bother me. I enjoy talking to people and helping them out.

However, I only really know the 82/82A timetable off by heart.

Near my house, it is 23 and 53 past each hour.... however it generally runs at about 27 and 57.
(24 Aug 2015, 5:50 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]On the subject of people asking times, it generally doesn't bother me. I enjoy talking to people and helping them out.

Near my house, it is 23 and 53 past each hour.... however it generally runs at about 27 and 57.

I thought it genrally ran at 23 & 53 but 10 years after they were meant to.
(24 Aug 2015, 5:50 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]On the subject of people asking times, it generally doesn't bother me. I enjoy talking to people and helping them out.

Is that 4 minutes late or 34 minutes late?  Wink

I know the X21/X22 timetable off by heart from Ashington Bus Station.....
00, 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 past each hour  Big Grin
Wasn't going to say out but the last week or so, the same questions have being asked over and over again... its getting quite annoying, wish people would look back at previous posts...
(24 Aug 2015, 6:13 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Is that 4 minutes late or 34 minutes late?  Wink

I know the X21/X22 timetable off by heart from Ashington Bus Station.....
00, 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 past each hour  Big Grin

I know the Metro times... never and the 900 delayed by a century.