North East Buses

Full Version: What's annoying you today? V3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01 May 2015, 4:07 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]You tried going down Chester Rd from 1600 to 1700?!
I most certainly have on weekly basis on a Tuesday, best get on the blower to the traffic commissioner and the council then as I am convinced that stretch of road is wide enough for 4 Lanes...Maybe even 5 at a Push.
(01 May 2015, 4:20 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I most certainly have on weekly basis on a Tuesday, best get on the blower to the traffic commissioner and the council then as I am convinced that stretch of road is wide enough for 4 Lanes...Maybe even 5 at a Push.

In which case, you'll know that delays to any Chester Road services leaving Sunderland are absolutely unavoidable.

Stagecoach altered their timetable for service 16 on evenings to make an attempt to accommodate for delays, and it did absolutely no good whatsoever as you still see them running around the Southwick area at 1700 onwards in twos and threes.

This issue has been ongoing for years, and only the council can sort the issue by adding extra lanes or improving the roundabout at the bottom of the bank. There have been numerous proposals over the years but nothing has ever come of it, much to the annoyance of many (even those in Washington, Silksworth, Southwick etc who rely on cross-city bus services). There isn't anything operators can do as the traffic at this hour on Chester Road is completely unpredictable: Stagecoach's failed attempt at improving the evening 16 bus service is clear evidence of this.
(01 May 2015, 4:31 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]In which case, you'll know that delays to any Chester Road services leaving Sunderland are absolutely unavoidable.

Stagecoach altered their timetable for service 16 on evenings to make an attempt to accommodate for delays, and it did absolutely no good whatsoever as you still see them running around the Southwick area at 1700 onwards in twos and threes.

This issue has been ongoing for years, and only the council can sort the issue by adding extra lanes or improving the roundabout at the bottom of the bank. There have been numerous proposals over the years but nothing has ever come of it, much to the annoyance of many (even those in Washington, Silksworth, Southwick etc who rely on cross-city bus services). There isn't anything operators can do as the traffic at this hour on Chester Road is completely unpredictable: Stagecoach's failed attempt at improving the evening 16 bus service is clear evidence of this.

You know what is quite funny and rather ironic, when you go on google maps and type in "Chester Road" and click "Earth" it actually shows a massive queue of traffic leading down to the Roundabout coming out of Sunderland City Centre.

Sure if a few of us made complaint to our Local Councilors regarding this issue along with the Bus Operators then something would be done. 
(01 May 2015, 5:29 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]You know what is quite funny and rather ironic, when you go on google maps and type in "Chester Road" and click "Earth" it actually shows a massive queue of traffic leading down to the Roundabout coming out of Sunderland City Centre.

Sure if a few of us made complaint to our Local Councilors regarding this issue along with the Bus Operators then something would be done. 

Again, it's been done time and time again over the years.

I used to live just off Chester Road by The Wavendon, and whenever I passed a neighbour at 16:00 coming back from school, it would always end up being the topic of discussion. I was told so many times that local residents were just palmed off when they complained about the traffic congestion from 16:00 onwards.

Not only is the traffic congestion bad, but it also leads to some drivers going round the 'crescent' (the road next to The Wavendon pub) at high speeds to get past some of the traffic. The issue being that there are some shops there that locals use, and they were crossing the road and on many occasion nearly got knocked over by speeding cars.

With regards to the traffic being shown on Google Maps - you can also see the alternative routes via the housing estates that some drivers opt to take. As they've had to sit in traffic beforehand, many go round at great speeds (as above) to make up lost time, which isn't particularly safe for pedestrians walking through the estate.

There's just so much built up in that little area: who would think to locate a school on the main road out of Sunderland towards the A19? The Shell station on Chester Road makes sense, but right next to a roundabout?
Can't go to the MC bus rally. I guess that I'll have to live with no internet for that day and three days after as everybody will be uploading their photos. -.-
Been a while since I last gave one of these relating to the T&W Metro...

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=68&pid=102728#pid102728
The T&W Metro. Got on the 10:55 from Park Lane, knowing it's going as far as Heworth - to be abandoned in Brockley Whins. Stood on a housing estate for a good 10 minutes before a GNE President showed up on the 901. Took us as far as Heworth, then a queue of around 100+ people waiting for another 10 minutes before I am treated to yet another red B7. Finally in Newcastle now, 12:30...........
Wonder how many posts in this thread are for the T&W Metro?
(02 May 2015, 11:39 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Wonder how many posts in this thread are for the T&W Metro?

Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro Metro  Big Grin
Jimmi - this may help with your enquiry: http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/search...on=results&sid=592d54f4fc644e69f4710116d5b59acd&sortby=lastpost&order=desc

I was planning on using the Metro from Regent Centre/Ilford Road to Central Station today... but I'll pass on that.
(02 May 2015, 11:37 am)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]The T&W Metro. Got on the 10:55 from Park Lane, knowing it's going as far as Heworth - to be abandoned in Brockley Whins. Stood on a housing estate for a good 10 minutes before a GNE President showed up on the 901. Took us as far as Heworth, then a queue of around 100+ people waiting for another 10 minutes before I am treated to yet another red B7. Finally in Newcastle now, 12:30...........

My estate.
Some right idiots on eBay.

Someone from the states bought some items from me and asked about applying me postage discount for a bulk order if they bought more. Obviously I agreed and instructed them to wait for an invoice before sending payment so the postage discount could be applied. I woke up this morning only to discover they'd purchased the additional items and paid the full international postage costs on each item. I've now had to cancel (and attempt to re-list) each item, through eBay, so that the buyer can have another crack at buying the same items.

I would have just refunded any additional postage direct through PayPal but it's doubtful eBay would have recognised multiple partial refunds meaning I would have been charged 10% for all accumulative postage fees.

Aaaarrgggh!
Some idiot on the bus being drunk drinking a Carlings can at 9:35 am he is starting on the woman next to me and the guy in front both are listening to music the guy just spat on the bus
Laptops and configurations. Kill me please. Also when it says "Do not turn off computer" means sit and wait for absolutely nothing. Turn computer off and on again. Works in my case.
Haven't heard much about it today... RAIN!!!
The fact iv'e done no work on my research project today which is due in on Tuesday!
There is no point in having headphones if we can all hear your terrible "music"
Still can't go to the MC Rally because my mam still hasnt had the baby (due 8th) thats had me up all night last night because she was having contractions.

Five weeks now that I havent been able to go places because of the baby.
(04 May 2015, 8:40 am)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]Still can't go to the MC Rally because my mam still hasnt had the baby (due 8th) thats had me up all night last night because she was having contractions.

Five weeks now that I havent been able to go places because of the baby.
I know it's not really my business but is there nit anyone else to keep an eye on her.
(04 May 2015, 9:11 am)danpick wrote [ -> ]I know it's not really my business but is there nit anyone else to keep an eye on her.

My 10-year old brother.

And if she was to go into labour when I was at the Metrocentre, how would I get back in time with an hour-long bus journey and one bus an hour?