North East Buses

Full Version: What's annoying you today? V3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09 Aug 2015, 9:55 am)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]I felt threatened by him, as he was a big bloke. I wouldn't like to be robbed for my money, camera and phone.

Even so! Just say 'sorry' and walk away. He has no right to have your money!!

He wouldn't have done anything.
(09 Aug 2015, 9:19 am)northern156 wrote [ -> ]Something that does my t*ts in too. Especially when you've hard the window open for the whole journey so far and someone boards at a bus stop then shuts it, usually without asking!!
Would it ever be prudent to re-open the window? I've been tempted to do this as soon as it's been shut but not wanted any confrontation.

I've done it loads of times. If someone slams the window shut, to the point of making you jump, then they obviously haven't the manners or common sense to consider others.

Once I've reopened a window, I've only ever had one woman say "I've just shut that". To which I pointed out that I've just opened it.

(09 Aug 2015, 9:42 am)northern156 wrote [ -> ]I'll never, ever give money to a beggar in the street (I might buy a packet of crisps and give them that or something, if I'm feeling generous) but I'll give to some (good) buskers.

I'm the same. I always just say I've got no change, but don't mind going and buying them a McDonalds, Greggs or wherever is nearby. 9 times out of 10 this will be refused though bizarrely.
I recall a funny incident coming back from Whitby a few years ago on the 93. Was a lovely hot summers day, and I boarded an Optare Prisma back to Middlesbrough. At the start of the journey the windows were open, but once the bus hit the faster stetches of road, the pensioners at the front started shutting the windows. Fortunatley the windows kept reopening of their own accord after a few seconds of being shut. Mind the oaps did make 5 attempts to shut it.
(09 Aug 2015, 1:02 pm)GMitchelhill wrote [ -> ]I recall a funny incident coming back from Whitby a few years ago on the 93. Was a lovely hot summers day, and I boarded an Optare Prisma back to Middlesbrough. At the start of the journey the windows were open, but once the bus hit the faster stetches of road, the pensioners at the front started shutting the windows. Fortunatley the windows kept reopening of their own accord after a few seconds of being shut. Mind the oaps did make 5 attempts to shut it.

Big Grin 

There was a Renown based at Chester that used to do the opposite. One of the windows wouldn't stay open, and would close a short while after being opened. Used to confuse the life out of people, who would look around to see if someone behind them was closing it.
(09 Aug 2015, 1:04 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Big Grin 

There was a Renown based at Chester that used to do the opposite. One of the windows wouldn't stay open, and would close a short while after being opened. Used to confuse the life out of people, who would look around to see if someone behind them was closing it.
Front windows on Go North East's Presidents often do this, especially on the X21.
(09 Aug 2015, 1:05 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Front windows on Go North East's Presidents often do this, especially on the X21.

Common of all double deckers when reaching high speeds, to be honest.

Drives me insane.
(09 Aug 2015, 1:05 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Front windows on Go North East's Presidents often do this, especially on the X21.

The first batches of Gemini 2s that GNE ordered used to do this. The front-most windows would slam at speed. I assume WrightBus identified it as a design fault though, as the latter batch (i.e. 6084-6117) no longer have this opening window.
(09 Aug 2015, 1:08 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Common of all double deckers when reaching high speeds, to be honest.

Drives me insane.
Usually don't have many issues with windows closing on their own accord on double deckers in my experience even at speed but the front windows on GNE ex London Presidents are the worst.
(09 Aug 2015, 12:57 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I'm the same. I always just say I've got no change, but don't mind going and buying them a McDonalds, Greggs or wherever is nearby. 9 times out of 10 this will be refused though bizarrely.

Done this loads of times. Sometimes I've had my offer refused but, on most occasions, it seems to have been appreciated. It's usually pretty easy to tell who's genuine and who's not in my experience.

I also try and make a little conversation when I can.
On newer double deckers it tended to be because of a vacumn around the front of the bus pulling the windows shut. Usually on the older Leyland Olympians, it was usually because the window had just been replaced and the springs were tighter, so any bumper would cause the window to shut.

B10BLE 4903 used to have problems with windows shutting, which was annoying one summer as the heating was turned on full.

We often get woken up on any of the buses serving that route or other routes with fast stretches by something randomly either opening or shutting.

The 9 we caught yesterday had a window that wouldn't open - just behind the exit doors. That annoyed big'un no end until I pointed out that he wouldn't want it open in the tunnel, anyhow, because of the noise and fumes.
Having the feeling that despite having a partner and also lots of friends, that you still feel that you are alone.
(09 Aug 2015, 12:57 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I've done it loads of times. If someone slams the window shut, to the point of making you jump, then they obviously haven't the manners or common sense to consider others.

Once I've reopened a window, I've only ever had one woman say "I've just shut that". To which I pointed out that I've just opened it.

I'm the same. I always just say I've got no change, but don't mind going and buying them a McDonalds, Greggs or wherever is nearby. 9 times out of 10 this will be refused though bizarrely.

That's brilliant. At least I have something to say back to the self-indulgent morons. Smile
Several posts made today have been removed. Couple of reminders needed:

1. This thread isn't to be used to target other forum users.
2. Please avoid 'back seat moderating' - if you think a post is inappropriate or breaks the forum's rules, use the report facility.

The posts regarding the tragic incident which involved the death of a cyclist have also been removed. I've removed discussion relating to this incident three or four times now since the incident happened - another member of the forum has already made it clear that he does not want to read comments relating to the incident on this forum, given that the victim was a relative of his.

Any problems with the above, drop me a PM.
Service 7 is late which has made leaving the house this early for today's outing pretty pointless
(10 Aug 2015, 6:35 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Service 7 is late which has made leaving the house this early for today's outing pretty pointless

You don't need to be there bang on 11? You have plenty of time.
(10 Aug 2015, 7:36 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]You don't need to be there bang on 11? You have plenty of time.
Was hoping to get some photos in Durham this morning unfortunately the late 7, poor lighting conditions and a van parked just outside the bus station has ruined this.

So not a good start then.
I was also hoping to get some photos, but being required to go to work on a week-daily basis has ruined this. Smile
(10 Aug 2015, 6:35 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Service 7 is late which has made leaving the house this early for today's outing pretty pointless

Why couldn't you have got the 21?
(10 Aug 2015, 9:15 am)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Why couldn't you have got the 21?
Wanted to get a few shots in Durham but that went wrong.

Now on the 265 to Dalton Park then I'm getting the 22 down to Peterlee. Oh joy the 265 has arrived in Murton in front of the 61 ugh, lack of space.