North East Buses

Full Version: What's annoying you today? V3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12 Sep 2015, 12:51 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]I only got the Q1 because it was 5332 and we caused the gridlock.

In what way has 5332 caused a gridlock? Has it broken down?
(12 Sep 2015, 12:41 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]But it is The Express that's reporting this...

Don't really follow weather stories but are any other papers reporting this 'Shock Weather'?

The Express has about as much credibility as The Daily Sport.

Exactly. The Express are the only paper I've seen reporting this freak weather forecast, but one is enough for at least ten of my friends on Facebook to share it..!
(12 Sep 2015, 12:32 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]So it begins...
http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/604...now-freeze
No doubt they'll say this and all we'll get is a few winter showers.
(12 Sep 2015, 12:48 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Stuck in a gridlock in Gateshead.

It's horrendous everywhere around the Metrocentre this afternoon
(12 Sep 2015, 12:55 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]In what way has 5332 caused a gridlock? Has it broken down?

We turned into a yellow box but couldn't get all the way around and nothing could move as no cars would let us out to get in the lane.
(12 Sep 2015, 1:30 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Exactly. The Express are the only paper I've seen reporting this freak weather forecast, but one is enough for at least ten of my friends on Facebook to share it..!

I'd be questioning why your friends are reading The Daily Express. It's a middle-aged, middle-class paper for middle-aged, middle-class loons. The youth of today should not be reading such tripe...I despair!!
(12 Sep 2015, 1:32 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]It's horrendous everywhere around the Metrocentre this afternoon

5332 left central at around 14:18 and has just left the Sage on its way to Heworth saw it from the train it's gonna be worse tomorrow as the Q1/2 have been using the Tyne Bridge which will be shut.
(12 Sep 2015, 1:34 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]I'd be questioning why your friends are reading The Daily Express. It's a middle-aged, middle-class paper for middle-aged, middle-class loons. The youth of today should not be reading such tripe...I despair!!

Tripe or not - you ought to be impressed by the fact that the youth of today are actually reading newspapers (albeit in an online format..!)
There's even traffic jams in Sunniside!
It's nice to know that my brother "loves me". It's a shame that I can't say that back to him.

First of all, he had lost one of his cheap toy cars in my room. If I didn't find it by X, he'll hide my model buses. After hours of searching for the heap of plastic crap, he burst into my room and took them and hid them before I caught a glimpse of what he had took.

I found his car, behind the printer. I have it to him, just to be returned with an Arriva E400 with a mirror snapped off. Also, scratches in the paint of my Northumbria Minibus. "Sorry." IS THAT ALL I GET? YOU LOST YOUR STUPID CAR IN MY ROOM AND YOU BREAK THINGS WORTH £50?

Nice to know that you've been buying permanent markers to colour in the cars that i bought for you. And then wanting me to clean the things once you write "POLISES" on the side. 

Nice to know how the money that my mother doesn't have gets spent.

Oh, did I mention him swapping various items of my collection at his school? East Coast trains pen for a crappy "good condition" toy car and a Quaylink stress ball for a car that looks like it has been left outside for about 5 years. "oh sorry, I'll give you them for you to keep once of coloured in all the scratches."
(12 Sep 2015, 4:59 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]It's nice to know that my brother "loves me". It's a shame that I can't say that back to him.

First of all, he had lost one of his cheap toy cars in my room. If I didn't find it by X, he'll hide my model buses. After hours of searching for the heap of plastic crap, he burst into my room and took them and hid them before I caught a glimpse of what he had took.

I found his car, behind the printer. I have it to him, just to be returned with an Arriva E400 with a mirror snapped off. Also, scratches in the paint of my Northumbria Minibus. "Sorry." IS THAT ALL I GET? YOU LOST YOUR STUPID CAR IN MY ROOM AND YOU BREAK THINGS WORTH £50?

Nice to know that you've been buying permanent markers to colour in the cars that i bought for you. And then wanting me to clean the things once you write "POLISES" on the side. 

Oh, did I mention him swapping various items of my collection at his school? East Coast trains pen for a crappy "good condition" toy car and a Quaylink stress ball for a car that looks like it has been left outside for about 5 years. "oh sorry, I'll give you them for you to keep once of coloured in all the scratches."

You're lucky. Littl'un sometimes looks at big'un and even dares to point at him.

And I'm now getting tickled to death for mentioning that Cool

And, more seriously, it is possible to love someone even if you don't particularly like their actions.

A locked box might be a good idea for your most precious possessions. Our house is full of locks so that we can keep things safe from careless little hands.
(12 Sep 2015, 4:59 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]It's nice to know that my brother "loves me". It's a shame that I can't say that back to him.

It's often the way with brother's, they will often fight and break each others possessions. Although it wasn't like that for me, so I'm largely basing this option off Malcolm in the Middle.
(12 Sep 2015, 4:59 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]It's nice to know that my brother "loves me". It's a shame that I can't say that back to him.

To be fair Hot Wheels & Matchbox are not made of "Plastic Crap" and in fact made of Metal, yet are cheap at 99p, whey thats much they were when I was a kid anyway, saying that if they are plastic I think I know which ones they are as my Nephew has a load of them and are bloody dreadful.

As for Model Buses I wouldnt even think about letting my 4 Year Old Nephew play with them, as they would be left with no paint or wing mirrors on them after multiple crashes.
(12 Sep 2015, 5:43 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]It's often the way with brother's, they will often fight and break each others possessions. Although it wasn't like that for me, so I'm largely basing this option off Malcolm in the Middle.

I never forgave my brother for ripping my favourite Duran Duran poster. Deliberately.
Homework. Why?
It's useless. It causes unnecessary stress. You spend 30 hours per week in school. Why do schoolwork when you're at home...?

I never do homework. Nor will I do homework when I get it from the tutor.
(13 Sep 2015, 11:27 am)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Homework. Why?
It's useless. It causes unnecessary stress. You spend 30 hours per week in school. Why do schoolwork when you're at home...?

I never do homework. Nor will I do homework when I get it from the tutor.

Because the alternative is that the school week becomes 35-37 hours.
When an X66 driver decides to use Askew Road instead of Centrelink and gets stuck in traffic as a result.
(14 Sep 2015, 4:29 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]When an X66 driver decides to use Askew Road instead of Centrelink and gets stuck in traffic as a result.

Never understood that one. Surely unless there's a diversion in place (or unsuitable vehicles on route), then Centrelink should be used?
(14 Sep 2015, 5:48 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Never understood that one. Surely unless there's a diversion in place (or unsuitable vehicles on route), then Centrelink should be used?

It's what its there for. Was it built especially for the X66 or was it there a while prior? I know at the Metrocentre end there is one of those weight barrier things suggesting that it is bus only. I'm aware that other services use the road on a morning too (such as the TEN).
(14 Sep 2015, 5:50 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]It's what its there for. Was it built especially for the X66 or was it there a while prior? I know at the Metrocentre end there is one of those weight barrier things suggesting that it is bus only. I'm aware that other services use the road on a morning too (such as the TEN).

2005 it was opened. It was developed with funding from the ITA and private investors (Metrocentre iirc).