North East Buses

Full Version: What's annoying you today? V3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(16 May 2015, 10:22 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]We said we promise them we'd keep 'em private and the bloke who told us to leave still refused to let us in

Please don't think I'm being funny when I say this, but I honestly don't think it would have made a blind bit of difference what you said to them. They'll have got their impression within 15 seconds of seeing you all, and the decision would be made not to allow you access before you even opened your mouth. 

Perhaps try in no more than pairs next time, or failing that, try not to look like a bunch of radgies. 
(16 May 2015, 10:33 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Please don't think I'm being funny when I say this, but I honestly don't think it would have made a blind bit of difference what you said to them. They'll have got their impression within 15 seconds of seeing you all, and the decision would be made not to allow you access before you even opened your mouth. 

Perhaps try in no more than pairs next time, or failing that, try not to look like a bunch of radgies. 

Cheers for that, I think that will probably be easier for next time!
(16 May 2015, 10:33 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Please don't think I'm being funny when I say this, but I honestly don't think it would have made a blind bit of difference what you said to them. They'll have got their impression within 15 seconds of seeing you all, and the decision would be made not to allow you access before you even opened your mouth. 

Yeah I have to agree with this as people who have any form of authority to deny access will often not entertain a large group of young lads most places as they automatically see this as a potential sign of trouble, especially with the way some young people act in places like this, just look at Park Lane Interchange.

Best not being in a group and only stick to being in pairs.
Something from the other day that annoyed me was Sony's decision to rename the Walkman app to "Music", now I know it's just something little, but I quite enjoyed having it on my phone, now it's just another generic music app that every smartphone in the world has. Sad 
(17 May 2015, 5:56 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Something from the other day that annoyed me was Sony's decision to rename the Walkman app to "Music", now I know it's just something little, but I quite enjoyed having it on my phone, now it's just another generic music app that every smartphone in the world has. Sad 

Has it really changed much as I have not had my current phone long and have only just got round to putting some music on it and I think the Music app is rather basic, nothing special about it just plays music by song, artist etc.
(17 May 2015, 6:05 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Has it really changed much as I have not had my current phone long and have only just got round to putting some music on it and I think the Music app is rather basic, nothing special about it just plays music by song, artist etc.

No no the app itself hasn't changed very much, just more annoyed at the fact they've dropped the Walkman brand, something that Sony is famous for, and stands out over other phones 
(17 May 2015, 6:07 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]No no the app itself hasn't changed very much, just more annoyed at the fact they've dropped the Walkman brand, something that Sony is famous for, and stands out over other phones 

Oh.

Yeah they were renowned for calling there portable music devices as WALKMAN, I have an MP4 player and it is called a WALKMAN.

Music is the same standard name every device has for playing music so there is no magic in it having this standard name.
(14 May 2015, 5:45 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Sometimes i don't know why i bother.....

Currently thinking this myself.
You may see posts throughout the night in this thread saying how much I hate Inch High Private Eye.

I look forward to posting at midnight saying that I am still awake because I can't sleep for loud music and people being wrecked out of their minds
Everything!
The (complete lack of) pace 7509's possesses, could crawl faster than this man! 

Complete contrast to 7503 this morning, that flew (think I must be ill...) Wink 
(16 May 2015, 9:38 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Me, Lee and my friends Anthony & Kailey were denied access to Newcastle Central Station to photograph a class 47  on a rail tour this evening

That's odd.

Was there any football matches on or was it busier than normal?  Also, about the uploading to Internet thing, you are allowed to take photos but only if you're not going to sell them (according to Network Rail). The only time when I've been told not to upload images to the Internet was when I was allowed into Ashington depot and was shown around a new Sapphire E400 which had paper sheets on the floor which looked tatty, which was the reason behind it.

You can take photographs at stations provided you do not sell them. However, you are not allowed to take photographs of security related equipment, such as CCTV cameras.
Flash photography on platforms is not allowed at any time. It can distract train drivers and train despatch staff and so is potentially very dangerous.
Tripod legs must be kept away from platform edges and behind the yellow lines. On busy stations, you may not be allowed to use a tripod because it could be a dangerous obstruction to passengers.
I currently have a stotting bad head and am just in the process of sorting todays photos for Flickr but I am having problems *sighs*
Can't get a decent photo of 4001 from passing Metros, looks cleaner now btw. Wink
Not annoyed...Just very sad

One of my uncles* died this afternoon after a battle with Cancer [CRYING FACE]

*he was actually my cousin, but I grew up calling him Uncle...He is at peace now
Subway. Again.

A trainee idiot was behind the counter, for 3 items, a 6 inch sub, meatballs and a salad box. 15 bloody minutes...

I could've just leaped over the bloody counter and do it myself. The meatballs, however, consist of, a tub, a lid, 6 minced cow balls, about a gram of sauce and a light sprinkle of cheese. £2.40!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Contactless" credit cards now require you to insert a thin sheet of plastic and type four numbers into a small machine to complete a transaction.

It's raining.

Some ignorant old git rammed my trolley in Asda and called me an idiot for leaving it at the end of the till while I was unloading it.

Asda.

...and everything else.
The bloody laptop has stopped charging, this is getting beyond belief now, my respite session was cancelled today too due to a "staff shortage".

Plus, I have a feeling that the idiot respite worker hasn't sent an email to Metro about the special train, as for some reason she was showing me her inbox not the sent box.
(18 May 2015, 8:37 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Not annoyed...Just very sad

One of my uncles* died this afternoon after a battle with Cancer [CRYING FACE]

*he was actually my cousin, but I grew up calling him Uncle...He is at peace now

I'm sorry to hear (well read) that mate, I hope you are ok soon
Had a rough 24 hours...

Sat for nearly 5 hours in Hospital with my sister, thought she was dying after coming in v.v.v drunk, I think she had taking something, possibly a legal high, I thought she was having a stroke...

Scared the fooking shit out of me
(21 May 2015, 10:10 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Had a rough 24 hours...

Sat for nearly 5 hours in Hospital with my sister, thought she was dying after coming in v.v.v drunk, I think she had taking something, possibly a legal high, I thought she was having a stroke...

Scared the fooking shit out of me

I hope everyone in your family is ok soon Fozz