North East Buses

Full Version: Bus Related Outings and Reviews
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(21 Jan 2014, 8:26 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Showbus is developing quite a bit of interest on Facebook - fozz, can you see how much your fave company would cost to go down to Duxford?

For Duxford

Duxford is Cambridge. Won't be cheap I'm afraid it's a long day.£450 for the mini bus and as for the big bus your looking £800 for up to 30 pax. Any more and we would have to charge more. It's a long run.RegardsIan@ northstar
(22 Jan 2014, 10:08 am)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]For Duxford

Duxford is Cambridge. Won't be cheap I'm afraid it's a long day.£450 for the mini bus and as for the big bus your looking £800 for up to 30 pax. Any more and we would have to charge more. It's a long run.RegardsIan@ northstar

Thought it was just as far as Dunfermline to be honest

The duration wont be too different and cant imagine the mileage to be too far apart either.

edit.
about 75 mile difference, plus rest breaks, drivers hours etc is what will probe push price up
(22 Jan 2014, 3:59 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Thought it was just as far as Dunfermline to be honest

The duration wont be too different and cant imagine the mileage to be too far apart either.

edit.
about 75 mile difference, plus rest breaks, drivers hours etc is what will probe push price up

Newxastle to Duxford:- 236 Miles 3hrs51
Newcastle to Dunfermline:- 123 miles about 3hrs
How many firms in Total have been Contacted, Surely we haven't contacted them all, I'm still waiting reply from GL Minibuses which I am doubtful about even getting a Reply, Might have to Visit them in Person to be Honest.

http://www.northeastbus.co.uk/companylist.htm - Loads of Firms on here that we might not of Contacted.

I can't remember who mentioned it Yesterday or the Day Before, may of been Andreos1 about contacting Preservation Groups, If I recall whoever owns the Northern Metrobus went down to Showbus Last Year from Photos I have seen on Flickr, and the Bloke who owns the Venture Coach - http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...4163044302 - Went up to SVBM Last Year, he does the Huge Diecast Model Stall with his Wife at Every Bus Rally. We could get in touch with them.
Quite a long shot, but may be worth contacting Go North East? There's a number of their own staff that would probably be interested in going, so we may get a good price off them too. Also gives them the opportunity to take one of their buses up there and make some money to cover the cost of doing so!
(22 Jan 2014, 5:36 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Quite a long shot, but may be worth contacting Go North East? There's a number of their own staff that would probably be interested in going, so we may get a good price off them too. Also gives them the opportunity to take one of their buses up there and make some money to cover the cost of doing so!

I don't think GNE do long distance private hire otherwise they would have been e-mailed first Tongue
(22 Jan 2014, 4:51 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]How many firms in Total have been Contacted, Surely we haven't contacted them all, I'm still waiting reply from GL Minibuses which I am doubtful about even getting a Reply, Might have to Visit them in Person to be Honest.

http://www.northeastbus.co.uk/companylist.htm - Loads of Firms on here that we might not of Contacted.

I can't remember who mentioned it Yesterday or the Day Before, may of been Andreos1 about contacting Preservation Groups, If I recall whoever owns the Northern Metrobus went down to Showbus Last Year from Photos I have seen on Flickr, and the Bloke who owns the Venture Coach - http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...4163044302 - Went up to SVBM Last Year, he does the Huge Diecast Model Stall with his Wife at Every Bus Rally. We could get in touch with them.

I have contacted about 5 now,l and just approached another 7:-

Hodgsons
Albatross
County Coaches
Scarlet Band
Durham City Coaches
Nightingale Coaches
Lees Coaches

Will feedback as and when I get word back
(22 Jan 2014, 5:38 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I don't think GNE do long distance private hire otherwise they would have been e-mailed first Tongue

Nah I don't think they do either, but surely worth a blag. Shy bairns get nowt after all. Tongue
(22 Jan 2014, 5:43 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Nah I don't think they do either, but surely worth a blag. Shy bairns get nowt after all. Tongue

I wonder if something like that could save us some coin, trying to find someone who is taking a bus up to put on display and take us because 'it is on there way' and bung 'em a few quid for taking us Big Grin
In the past, I've been on trips organised by drivers working for Go North East (or Go Gateshead as it was then known). This was in the early-mid 90's however so company policy regarding lending vehicles to drivers has probably changed somewhat over the years, but it's certainly not unheard of.

Ah, the memories of going to Scarborough for the day on a still-in-service Leyland Olympian while getting back just in time to watch Beverley Hills Cop on BBC1.
(22 Jan 2014, 6:37 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]In the past, I've been on trips organised by drivers working for Go North East (or Go Gateshead as it was then known). This was in the early-mid 90's however so company policy regarding lending vehicles to drivers has probably changed somewhat over the years, but it's certainly not unheard of.

Ah, the memories of going to Scarborough for the day on a still-in-service Leyland Olympian while getting back just in time to watch Beverley Hills Cop on BBC1.

Stupid question

I dont know how insurance works, but could it be that there is kind of clause written into there Insurance that prevents them from carrying passengers privately?

I aint no lawyer, nor do I have the brains to understand it
(22 Jan 2014, 4:51 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]How many firms in Total have been Contacted, Surely we haven't contacted them all, I'm still waiting reply from GL Minibuses which I am doubtful about even getting a Reply, Might have to Visit them in Person to be Honest.

Aye, suggested a preservation trust at some point.
Makes some sort of sense if theyre 'showing' too and are short of cash as previously suggested.
Sitting at the front of the Metrobus or back of an Atlantean as it wound up and down the hilly sections of the A1 or A68 would be an experience!
How does 500 notes for a 51 seater sound...When i have mailed I put a figure of 500 quid in there and I have just recieved a reply from Able Coaches

You could be talking as low as £10 each with a full vehicle or about 15 quid based on 35

Hi David I have a coach available on that day and can do the job for your budget of £500.00The coach has 51 seats and a toilet on board.RegardsFred BowerbankAble Coacheswww.ablecoaches.co.ukfredable@dialstart.net01207281147
(22 Jan 2014, 6:53 pm)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]Stupid question

I dont know how insurance works, but could it be that there is kind of clause written into there Insurance that prevents them from carrying passengers privately?

I aint no lawyer, nor do I have the brains to understand it

Northern General Enthusiasts Club often utilise one of the NX coaches for their trips...
(22 Jan 2014, 11:30 pm)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]How does 500 notes for a 51 seater sound...When i have mailed I put a figure of 500 quid in there and I have just recieved a reply from Able Coaches

You could be talking as low as £10 each with a full vehicle or about 15 quid based on 35

Hi David I have a coach available on that day and can do the job for your budget of £500.00The coach has 51 seats and a toilet on board.RegardsFred BowerbankAble Coacheswww.ablecoaches.co.ukfredable@dialstart.net01207281147

Is that for Dunfermline or Showbus?
(23 Jan 2014, 7:49 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Is that for Dunfermline or Showbus?

Thats for Dunfermline...I woulda been impressed if that was for Showbus...
I have a couple more responses to share...will also pm Dan

From Lees Coaches

Morning David, We can cover your request to fit your budget.Coach size 33 to 53 £500.Hope this helps. Kind regardsMalcolm Lee

From County Coaches

Hi DavidYes we could help you on that date as per your email - the cost would be £525.Thanks for your enquiry.Carolyn

From Albatross

Hi David               I can supply you with a 31 seater coach with toilet, fridge, DVD/CD player for £500 all in. If you need any more information or would like to book please let me know.      Many Thanks Tom

Now that fron Albatross I do like, the fridge, the dvd etc Big Grin
The quote from Albatross does look quite appealing although I'd imagine that the toilet and DVD/CD player is standard on most coaches. Not sure about the fridge though.
(23 Jan 2014, 12:58 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]The quote from Albatross does look quite appealing although I'd imagine that the toilet and DVD/CD player is standard on most coaches. Not sure about the fridge though.

Would certainly imagine Lee's 53 seater would have a toilet. Not sure we'd need the fridge.
Better to have the bigger sized coach than a smaller if it is for the same price!
That quote of 500 notes for Lees must be one of the better deals out there so it does make sense and makes sense to hire a full sized coach...