North East Buses

Full Version: Bus Related Outings and Reviews
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09 Jan 2015, 9:47 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]There must be something wrong with you if you like them Darts.

Hope more of the Enviro 200s have entered service, seemed like most were still Darts on Wednesday morning.

Might strike gold and get a Lowlander! Big Grin
(09 Jan 2015, 9:48 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Might strike gold and get a Lowlander! Big Grin

Be hard - 3 of the 4 57-regs are more-or-less locked onto X12/X2 at present as they are 4 of about 15 (more if any more E200s have entered service since Wednesday) that actually have the X12 programmed in the destination displays.
May scrap my Teesside trip tomorrow or maybe cut it back as the weather looks set to be not very pleasant.

Although if there is snow anywhere around the NE please let us know as I'd quite like some snowy shots.
(09 Jan 2015, 10:18 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]May scrap my Teesside trip tomorrow or maybe cut it back as the weather looks set to be not very pleasant.

Although if there is snow anywhere around the NE please let us know as I'd quite like some snowy shots.

Oh damn, I never thought about the weather. Sad

If it's bad, I'll pass.
(09 Jan 2015, 9:58 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Be hard - 3 of the 4 57-regs are more-or-less locked onto X12/X2 at present as they are 4 of about 15 (more if any more E200s have entered service since Wednesday) that actually have the X12 programmed in the destination displays.

Why would that be?
(09 Jan 2015, 10:18 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]May scrap my Teesside trip tomorrow or maybe cut it back as the weather looks set to be not very pleasant.

Tomorrow could be very challenging in terms of getting anywhere never mind getting photos. Depends how bad the winds get overnight. Due to peak around 0300 I understand. Possible snowfall later in the day away from the coasts, with the majority arriving overnight into Sunday. Unsure how long it will last though.
(09 Jan 2015, 10:18 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Oh damn, I never thought about the weather. Sad

If it's bad, I'll pass.

For me it is more not wanting to stand around whilst wanting to get photos.
(09 Jan 2015, 10:19 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Why would that be?

Durham stopped uploading a revised list once they discovered a few errors - which hopefully have now reached the person who did the list at Head Office.
(09 Jan 2015, 10:20 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Tomorrow could be very challenging in terms of getting anywhere never mind getting photos. Depends how bad the winds get overnight. Due to peak around 0300 I understand. Possible snowfall later in the day away from the coasts, with the majority arriving overnight into Sunday. Unsure how long it will last though.

I don't think I'd particularly like to jump on service X66 with strong winds.
(09 Jan 2015, 10:23 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Durham stopped uploading a revised list once they discovered a few errors - which hopefully have now reached the person who did the list at Head Office.

I thought they were now amended at local level?
(09 Jan 2015, 10:28 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]I thought they were now amended at local level?

No, Arriva's screens are done by North East's Commercial Managers. So the depot has to report any problems to the Commercial Department for them to be rectified. Durham of course did have their own internal list until last weekend but they haven't looked to put X12 onto that which means if any sense, the fourth Lowlander will be on one of the 6 decker boards as that works an X12 on an evening.
(09 Jan 2015, 10:35 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]No, Arriva's screens are done by North East's Commercial Managers. So the depot has to report any problems to the Commercial Department for them to be rectified. Durham of course did have their own internal list until last weekend but they haven't looked to put X12 onto that which means if any sense, the fourth Lowlander will be on one of the 6 decker boards as that works an X12 on an evening.

So does this spell the end of the 'special' font used for Belmont's buses?
(09 Jan 2015, 10:38 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]So does this spell the end of the 'special' font used for Belmont's buses?

Yes - standard version for all depots south of the Tyne. Likely be rolled out at the Northumbria depots before the end of the year.
The 4th lowlander has been allocated to one of the decker boards on the 56/57/57A most of this week.
One of the 57-reg examples was on tonight's X21, I believe...
Even though it's horrible outside, I think I am still going to go out and about today.
Possibly Consett/Stanley way to get some Olympians.
(10 Jan 2015, 8:41 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]Even though it's horrible outside, I think I am still going to go out and about today.

Good luck! I think I'm going to do the Chester diversions, Durham, and then back towards Gateshead.
(10 Jan 2015, 8:55 am)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Good luck! I think I'm going to do the Chester diversions, Durham, and then back towards Gateshead.

Thanks - you too.

Might do Durham and Chester too, but I really don't know - think I will just plan it as I go along Smile
(10 Jan 2015, 8:41 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]Even though it's horrible outside, I think I am still going to go out and about today.

I am also going out today, I'm going to Sunderland then maybe Chester
Possibly my Explorer day on Thursday, might try and get an Olympian...