North East Buses

Full Version: Bus Related Outings and Reviews
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(13 Jun 2015, 9:35 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]I wish I'd seen that  Tongue

We all would like to see that.

Surprised I haven't bashed my head on the roof getting up on a Sapphire Enviro 400 yet although I came close at banging my head at the rear downstairs when I was getting interior shots of 7540 when it was parked up in Darlington Town Centre for the launch.
(13 Jun 2015, 9:41 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]We all would like to see that.

Surprised I haven't bashed my head on the roof getting up on a Sapphire Enviro 400 yet although I came close at banging my head at the rear downstairs when I was getting interior shots of 7540 when it was parked up in Darlington Town Centre for the launch.

I bashed my head on 7534? At the Metrocentre bus rally 
(13 Jun 2015, 9:51 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]6010 is also on my "hit list". I will track it down one day and ride it.

Just so you can actually pinpoint who I am (if you can remember seeing me), I was wearing a stripy T-shirt that was predominantly white, jeans and blue Adidas Gazelles Smile

It wasn't funny. It bloody hurt haha Undecided

I hope the bus is alright...
(13 Jun 2015, 9:51 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]It wasn't funny. It bloody hurt haha Undecided

It's not when people get hurt... It's hilarious
(13 Jun 2015, 9:53 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]It's not when people get hurt... It's hilarious

Can't wait to be on a bus with you, then you bang your head on something, Jimmi... Tongue
(13 Jun 2015, 9:53 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]It's not when people get hurt... It's hilarious

It's by not as funny when it's yourself 

(13 Jun 2015, 9:55 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Can't wait to be on a bus with you, then you bang your head on something, Jimmi... Tongue

Please make sure the bus doesn't get hurt, Marcus  Tongue
(13 Jun 2015, 9:55 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Can't wait to be on a bus with you, then you bang your head on something, Jimmi...
This only applies to the low height Enviro 400s and I doubt you'll be on a 7 with me at any point soon although there is always the ones on Tyneside where you may catch me banging my head.

I am usually quite slow at getting up on double deckers, especially the E400s to reduce the chances of embarrassment. Very little headroom at the back downstairs, I was feeling claustrophobic getting interior shots back here
Davie

My plan for Wednesday:
56 Wrekenton - Sunderland 
78 Sunderland - Consett*
X71 Consett - Newcastle**
45 Newcastle - Metrocentre*
67 Metrocentre - Q.E Hospital 
X25 Q.E Hospital - Wrekenton***
* Hoping a Streetlite is allocated to that specific service
** Hoping it's an Omnidekka 
*** Hoping its a lolyne

I've changed my mind, I'm doing this tomorrow, if anybody is free and interested, Please feel free to join me, my only request is please don't bash your head like Adam  Tongue
(13 Jun 2015, 10:03 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]This only applies to the low height Enviro 400s and I doubt you'll be on a 7 with me at any point soon although there is always the ones on Tyneside where you may catch me banging my head.

I am usually quite slow at getting up on double deckers, especially the E400s to reduce the chances of embarrassment. Very little headroom at the back downstairs, I was feeling claustrophobic getting interior shots back here

It's the wing mirrors that I always look out for.

Either when they're pulling up close to the path or when rushing off.
(13 Jun 2015, 10:32 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]I've did that as well. Was back in the days of the Solars in the Orbit livery. My grandparents took me and my cousins out for the day and I did stot my head as I got off the 52 at Heworth.

That one hurt more.

#TallPeopleProblems
#HashtagsOnNEB

I've done that 100 times over, not literally 100, I remember doing it on a A Fab Fifty Six decker and the river was very concerned,  I'll give him credit, I just laughed it off 
(13 Jun 2015, 10:32 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]I've did that as well. Was back in the days of the Solars in the Orbit livery. My grandparents took me and my cousins out for the day and I did stot my head as I got off the 52 at Heworth.

That one hurt more.

#TallPeopleProblems
#HashtagsOnNEB

I haven't done this... Yet! Came close a few times mind.
(13 Jun 2015, 10:35 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]I've done that 100 times over, not literally 100, I remember doing it on a A Fab Fifty Six decker and the river was very concerned,  I'll give him credit, I just laughed it off 

The river was concerned?! Christ it must have been bad.
(13 Jun 2015, 10:39 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]The river was concerned?! Christ it must have been bad.

Nah, he was a rare canny driver
mmi
I haven't done this... Yet! Came close a few times mind.

The key word there is "yet" is hope if you do bash your head, make sure the bus is ok
My outing today:

45 - 5415 - Rowlands Gill to Metrocentre
X66 - 5391 - Metrocentre to Gateshead
X10 - 6046 - Gateshead to Middlesbrough
X4 - 1581 - Middlesbrough to Redcar Clock
22 - 4715 - Redcar Morrisons to Middlesbrough
X9 - 6044 - Middlesbrough to Heworth Metro
Metro - 4018/4004 - Heworth - Haymarket
47 - 6117 - Eldon Square to Rowlands Gill

I was planning on travelling to Whitby on the X4, then back to Middlesbrough on the train, but decided against this idea because it involved an extra hour and twenty minutes on the bus to Whitby and another hour and a half wait for the train.

Redcar has changed since the last time I was there. Maccy D's has gone but a KFC has opened. There used to be a computer shop named 'Chips' located on a side street leading down to sea front which I remember from my youth. Sadly that has now closed although there's another independent gaming shop located opposite. Likewise, there used to be a fun fair located to the north of the town next to the boating lake. This has now been replaced by a skate park.

I never been on a 'Temsa' before. I suppose it was nice to ride a bus I'm not familiar with. Looks very heavy duty though.
(13 Jun 2015, 10:52 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]My outing today:

45 - 5415 - Rowlands Gill to Metrocentre
X66 - 5391 - Metrocentre to Gateshead
X10 - 6046 - Gateshead to Middlesbrough
X4 - 1581 - Middlesbrough to Redcar Clock
22 - 4715 - Redcar Morrisons to Middlesbrough
X9 - 6044 - Middlesbrough to Heworth Metro
Metro - 4018/4004 - Heworth - Haymarket
47 - 6117 - Eldon Square to Rowlands Gill

I was planning on travelling to Whitby on the X4, then back to Middlesbrough on the train, but decided against this idea because it involved an extra hour and twenty minutes on the bus to Whitby and another hour and a half wait for the train.

Redcar has changed since the last time I was there. Maccy D's has gone but a KFC has opened. There used to be a computer shop named 'Chips' located on a side street leading down to sea front which I remember from my youth. Sadly that has now closed although there's another independent gaming shop located opposite. Likewise, there used to be a fun fair located to the north of the town next to the boating lake. This has now been replaced by a skate park.

I never been on a 'Temsa' before. I suppose it was nice to ride a bus I'm not familiar with. Looks very heavy duty though.

Redcar has changed a bit since I first started going when I was little on the train with my parents, one big change was the big Morrisons which was built near the train station and Safeway is now Tesco which is near Morrisons.

Often went to Redcar with my parents when I was a kid, always get the train direct to Redcar, would go round the shops, go on the seafront, head into the amusements and play on the 2p machines and then we'd usually go to the car boot sale at Redcar Racecourse then get the train home.

Happy memories

Know what you mean about Tesma's looking heavy duty although I don't think they are actually bad buses, if only the seating layout wasn't all over the place and were a bit more comfortable.
(13 Jun 2015, 11:01 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Redcar has changed a bit since I first started going when I was little on the train with my parents, one big change was the big Morrisons which was built near the train station and Safeway is now Tesco which is near Morrisons.

Often went to Redcar with my parents when I was a kid, always get the train direct to Redcar, would go round the shops, go on the seafront, head into the amusements and play on the 2p machines and then we'd usually go to the car boot sale at Redcar Racecourse then get the train home.

Happy memories

Know what you mean about Tesma's looking heavy duty although I don't think they are actually bad buses, if only the seating layout wasn't all over the place and were a bit more comfortable.

Yeah Redcar was somewhere my parents used to take me when I was a nipper along with Newbiggin-by-the-Sea, Seaburn and Seaton Carew. We used to go to Scarborough sometimes too but, obviously, not as often as the places I've mentioned. The amusement arcades were probably the highlight of my outings back then as well. Whitby, as far as I remember, never had any amusements and I recall being bored whenever we went. Perhaps that influenced my decision not to go there today.
(13 Jun 2015, 11:11 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Yeah Redcar was somewhere my parents used to take me when I was a nipper along with Newbiggin-by-the-Sea, Seaburn and Seaton Carew. We used to go to Scarborough sometimes too but, obviously, not as often as the places I've mentioned. The amusement arcades were probably the highlight of my outings back then as well. Whitby, as far as I remember, never had any amusements and I recall being bored whenever we went. Perhaps that influenced my decision not to go there today.

Amusements were my favourite part of my trips to Redcar.

I can imagine you being bored as a nipper in Whitby as there is nothing really exciting in Whitby for children I think, I think there is very little amusements in Whitby and I may even be imagining these. If my parents took me there I would probably found it a bit boring although I may not have as I quite liked being out and about, even enjoyed going to places like Ikea when I was a kid, although I don't enjoy going to Ikea so much now. This ambition to explore places in the UK is probably part of the reason why I like this hobby so much and quite like going new places, looking forward to my Moorsbus outing next month.
(13 Jun 2015, 9:22 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Got to say, the driver was a complete ass!

Glad it's not just me who thinks that about red Seat Leon drivers..! At least I know I'm walking to the Team Valley again next week! Rolleyes

Where's the in-depth description of the scran you had, like, citaro5284?
(14 Jun 2015, 6:50 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Glad it's not just me who thinks that about red Seat Leon drivers..! At least I know I'm walking to the Team Valley again next week! Rolleyes

Where's the in-depth description of the scran you had, like, citaro5284?

Aye, start walking!!

Had nothing to eat, just 2 latte's  Tongue