North East Buses

Full Version: Bus Related Outings and Reviews
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(17 Apr 2016, 12:23 pm)northern156 wrote [ -> ]Here's mine from yesterday. A good day all round - managed to do more than half the day on Stagecoach alone!

Saturday 16th April 2016
27141 0851 685 Haltwhistle Market Place to Eldon Square 0813
19642 0830 X34 Pilgrim Street to Horsley Hill Square 0912
27724 0917 E2 Horsley Hill to Sunderland Park Lane 0949
5395 0954 8 Park Lane to Green Lane 0956
22080 1039 12 Sunderland Holmeside to Silksworth Vicarage Farm Estate 1055
8322 1056 2A Silksworth Vicarage Farm Estate to Sunderland Borough Road 1119
28026 1158 20 Sunderland Holmeside to Pennywell Chester Road Roundabout 1217
28011 1224 16 Hastings Hill Sevenoaks Drive to Sunderland 1247
27726 1257 E2 Park Lane to Horsley Hill Square 1331
19644 1342 X34 Horsley Hill Square to Newcastle Pilgrim Street 1431
22038 1443 X87 Eldon Square to Etal Lane 1458
22033 1509 X88 Etal Lane to Eldon Square 1525
7810 1537 308 Haymarket to North Tyneside Hospital (Rake Lane) 1612
678 1620 80 North Tyneside Hospital (Rake Lane) to North Shields 1630
4059* 4078 1635 138 North Shields to Manors 1652
4055* 4050 1718 135 Manors to Monument 1720
6305 1739 X21 Eldon Square to Gateshead 1751
5293 1754 57 Gateshead to Queen Elizabeth Hospital 1803
5296 1808 57 Queen Elizabeth Hospital to Newcastle New Bridge Street 1824
1482 1847 85 Eldon Square to Hexham Bus Station 1933
22761 1941 685 Hexham Bus Station to Haltwhistle Market Place 2010

Quite a day then!
(17 Apr 2016, 4:11 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]How do we no that for sure

I think the use of the words "most likely" kind of summed that up.
Mine from yesterday:
Quite short and unplanned:

38 14:21 Westgate Road Stagecoach SNE 19202
14:29 New Bridge Street West

12 14:37 New Bridge Street West SNE 19442
14:44 Byker Metro

18 14:55 Byker Metro SNE 22343
15:28 Forest Hall Shops

63 15:34 Forest Hall Shops SNE 19672
15:45 Killingworth Centre Bus Station

52 15:55 Killingworth Centre Bus Station ANE 1500
16:06 DSS Longbenton

Good short outing the majority being Stagecoach run. Most buses were quite quiet as well with it being a Saturday
Managed to find a bit time last Saturday for a short outing, here are the details:

• Stagecoach Enviro 400 12086 11.17 Service 39 Newcastle Central Library – Byker Shields Road.
• Stagecoach Enviro 400 19154 12.10 Service 63 Chillingham Road – Four Lane Ends
• GNE 6129 East Lancs bodied Omnidekka 12.43 Service 900 Four Lane Ends – Whitley Bay
• GNE 6019 Volvo B7 with Plaxton President bodywork 13.45 Service 900 Whitley Bay – North Shields
• Nexus Spirit of the Tyne 14.30 Shields Ferry
• Stagecoach Enviro 2000 36463 15.10 Service 30 South Shields Bus Station – Harton Nook
• Stagecoach Enviro 400 19642 15.49 Service X34 Harton Nook – Gateshead High Street

Some good and bad things about the trip:

• Lack of organisation at Four Lane Ends
• Some guy shouting abuse at the Nexus staff at Four Lane Ends
• Freezing weather at Whitley Bay
• Nice ride on the ferry over the Tyne
• New camera decided to pack up
• Metro replacements were interesting but busy
• X34 was a good fast journey, prefer this to GNE’s 27 service
• Got a cracking lunch in a little café at Whitley Bay

Verdict, an OK day out, but just do not currently have much spare time to spend on the hobby.

Charles
Had a trip out today to Bishop Auckland for the food festival and back here's the rundown, times are what are on the tickets.

08:28 10 Prudhoe Front Street - Newcastle Eldon Square (GNE 6072)

09: 36 X21 Newcastle Eldon Square - Bishop Auckland Bus Station (GNE 6303)

12:27 X21 Bishop Auckland Bus Station - Durham Bus Station (GNE 6301)

Decided to return home via Consett as managed to time it right to changer buses at Consett.

13:26 15 Durham Bus Station - Consett Bus Station (GNE 3887)

14:21 689 Consett Bus Station - Hexham Bus Station (GNE 650)

This is a very nice route with some nice scenery.

Walked to Tesco Extra for food shopping once in Hexham, got the 74 back to the bus station due to heavy bags.

15:55 74 Hexham Haugh Lane (GNE 667)

First time on one of the new Solo's, seating is one of the most comfortable I have ridden on, and has a nice interior.

16:25 10 Hexham Bus Station - Prudhoe Front Street (GNE 6083)

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
(23 Apr 2016, 8:51 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ]Had a trip out today to Bishop Auckland for the food festival and back here's the rundown, times are what are on the tickets.

08:28 10 Prudhoe Front Street - Newcastle Eldon Square (GNE 6072)

09: 36 X21 Newcastle Eldon Square - Bishop Auckland Bus Station (GNE 6303)

12:27 X21 Bishop Auckland Bus Station - Durham Bus Station (GNE 6301)

Decided to return home via Consett as managed to time it right to changer buses at Consett.

13:26 15 Durham Bus Station - Consett Bus Station (GNE 3887)

14:21 689 Consett Bus Station - Hexham Bus Station (GNE 650)

This is a very nice route with some nice scenery.

Walked to Tesco Extra for food shopping once in Hexham, got the 74 back to the bus station due to heavy bags.

15:55 74 Hexham Haugh Lane (GNE 667)

First time on one of the new Solo's, seating is one of the most comfortable I have ridden on, and has a nice interior.

16:25 10 Hexham Bus Station - Prudhoe Front Street (GNE 6083)

How was Bishop? It's been bonkers in previous years, by all accounts, but I have a feeling that the hail and snow may have kept some people indoors. We'd originally planned for today to make the trip to Shildon we didn't other with last week, because of lousy weather (more snow!) then go home via Bishop. We got cold and rained on in Darlo, though, so big'un decided we needed to head to teesside. I made the excuse to take the X12 to Newcastle (had considered buying tickets for the GNE X10 that was in, but it was already full by the time we got to the stand) and pick up some more OCC coffee there.
A little (Edit: Very Funny Ha har) summary of our day, since it ended up being not what we'd planned, again! We'd bought Arriva day tickets, which limited our change of plan, somewhat.

Started the day with the ANE 22 into Durham, arriving 10am-sh. Despite all the interworking, it ended up being 1599!

Wanted the 7, next, but ignored the one that was in, as it didn't fit in with what we wanted to do next and I had some stuff to drop off at a charity shop before moving on.

While we waited for the bus we did want, I posted a couple of odd workings that Big'un had noticed - turned out that another forum member posted the same ones at the same time!

Also entertained ourselves trying to imagine what on earth was going on with the 58 that plainly wasn't going anywhere soon. i updated the Scarlet Band thread through the day with that one.

Anyhow, our next chariot was ANE 1516 on the 10:22 7 to Darlington.

Young driver fair flung this around. It felt like what I like about he better Pulsars - great on hills and pretty nippy for such a big bus.

We left that behind at Ferryhill, as we wanted to sample the 8 for the rest of the journey to Darlo, as we'd never done it before. Had a 10 minute wait (wandered around the Coop as it had got too cold to stand around and I'd dressed for a cool Spring day, not the Winter day we actually got) and didn't take notice of the vehicle, when it arrived. It was probably the most rattly Pulsar we'd been on, so not the most enjoyable ride. A fair few characters got on at various points, though. Big'un was a little stressed by this, but I was quite entertained by the group of 3 guys who looked to have fewer teeth between them than my less than perfect set.

The only novel thing about the orute was the Ferryhill-Rushyford section, anyhow. After that, it was pretty much the 21.

To add to the entertainment, a guy got on at Harrowgate Hill who was plainly being weekend dad and spend the final 10 minutes of the journey arguing the toss with someone, on the phone, about meeting him in town and how he'd already told them what to do. I bet his little boy was loving that bonding time with his father Dodgy (Gosh, I wonder why he's single).

Darlo was cold. We grabbed the prescription M&S sarnies (Salmon and Cukumber for Bigun, Cheese & Onion for me) and made for the loos in Binns. I had to wait a while for a cubicle that was usable, so Big'un eyed up the sparkly cushions while he waited for me.

There were more signs of bits of Darlo being sold off and turned into car parks and leisure complexes with a "Save Our Market" banner hanging from the market hall. Also noticed various dignitaries in full council bling stood outside. It was too cold to stand around and have a nosey. I;m sure I can read about it in the Northern Echo if I sign up and sell my firstborn's soul to them (now there's an idea...)

We were too cold (did i say it was cold?) to hang around until 12:15 for the 1 to Shildon so, after I grabbed a cap to go from 16 Horsemarket and after confusing the driver of the X1, we hopped onto the X66 for an Omnicity fix. Ended up sat rather too close to a guy in need of a wash and some laundry attention, so sarnies stayed in my bag. Hopped off at Stockton, after I'd hatched a plan.

We let the X10 go, as it was full by the time we got there and I wasn't buying extra tickets to be uncomfortable on a boring bus for an hour.

After directing a guy onto a bus to Darlo, we caught a Gemini, just before 1pm, on the X12, which was running a little late and went all the way through to Newcastle. A huge crowd got on at Coxhoe and stayed on all the way to Pity me. I wouldn't have cared or even noticed, but they were gobby and stunk of beer. Meantime, it snowed at Durham bus station (I went out in a t-shirt 2 days ago!) and the Scarlet band E200 was still there, in stand H, 4 hours after it had initially arrived.

it was a relief when smelly gobby gaggle left us i peace, but an older guy, who turned out to have classical music as his ring tone and to be so well spoken as to make me sound rough (I'm not from round here, so people often think I sound "posh") sat in front of us. He munched his way through an entire pack of chocolate chip cookies. When he eventually left us, after a couple of snippy phone conversations about being late, in Low Fell, I had to resist the temptation to point out that he'd forgotten something, as he'd dropped the packet on the floor. I contented himself with not embarrassing my almost teen son by subtly kicking it back towards him when he'd kicked it back, under his seat.

Newcastle was much the same as when we last saw it, a whole week ago. There was an International Market at Monument and a fab band there. i think I recognised a couple of the guys, from a past life, as they've been playing in similar bands for pretty much ever.

Anyhow, we had a browse through John Lewis (did i protest seeming posh, just now?) and made use ot the facilities in there. I popped into Fenwick to look at the cards (Big'un would rather not buy littl'un a birthday card, it turns out) and stock up on Ouseburn Coffee Co coffee. Then walked through the gorund floor and through the International Market and down to central station, where i bought tickets to Durham. I was blown if i was spending another hour on an Arriva Max ANYTHING to get back to Durham!

Big'un grumbled constantly at this plan. We had to wait to get on the train. All the seats were booked. The journey was too short... (wtf?)

Anyhow, loads of the seats booked from Newcastle on the 16:08 TPE to Liverpool Lime Street hadn't been taken, so I managed to get him sat down before we started moving (obviously offering to move for anyone who had found their seat with us in it). He sat there open mouthed at how quickly we were in Birtley (he believed me when I showed him the Morrisons. Sadly, Komatsu isn't quite as impressive as it used to be in the 80s and 90s! The middle aged (Yeah, I know, my age) couple who were stood by the doors got off at CLS - Big'un was too busy admiring the view! Best of all might have been walking along and reaching DBS just after 4:30pm and pointing up to the viaduct and pointing out to big'un that we'd been up there a few minutes ago, on the train!

Bus home was 1518 on the 22, at 16:37 (yeah, mixing my time formats). Big'un crawled up to the back, so I took advantage of the wider than double seats at the front, since it was fairly quiet, even for that time on a Saturday. This one did not compare with 1516. it plodded up Silent Bank, though that might have ben the driver, rather than the vehicle. The one this morning juddered up the hills, which implies some effort being made to make it sail.

It hailed, just after we got home!
So a canny day for you both. I have heard good things about the food festival in the past so hope it was just as good. Aye, you just get sat down on the train and then you are in Durham - its even quicker on VTEC or XC with them not stopping at CLS.
(24 Apr 2016, 7:21 am)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]So a canny day for you both.  I have heard good things about the food festival in the past so hope it was just as good.  Aye, you just get sat down on the train and then you are in Durham - its even quicker on VTEC or XC with them not stopping at CLS.

I used to commute daily from Newcastle to darlo on the train and was often entertained by tourists' reactions to travelling so high over Durham and CLS. It's the first time big'un had done that stretch, so I knew he'd enjoy it.

I've promised him a trip to Edinburgh in the no too distant future.
I had a short outing on Tuesday during the late afternoon after school to get to my Grandma's:
52 15:08 St Mary's School
15:24 Haymarket ANE 4519

X9 15:30 Eldon Square
15:48 Heworth GNE 6044

82 15:54 Heworth
16:12 Concord GNE 604

85 16:23 Concord
16:39 Washington Galleries GNE 8262

X1 16:49 Washington Galleries
17:25 Eldon Square GNE 6050

74 17:35 Eldon Square
18:10 Darras Hall Edge Hill GNE 635
(24 Apr 2016, 12:21 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]I had a short outing on Tuesday during the late afternoon after school to get to my Grandma's:
52 15:08 
15:24 Haymarket ANE 4519

X9 15:30 Eldon Square
15:48 Heworth GNE 6044

82 15:54 Heworth
16:12 Concord GNE 604

85 16:23 Concord
16:39 Washington Galleries GNE 8262

X1 16:49 Washington Galleries
17:25 Eldon Square GNE 6050

74 17:35 Eldon Square
18:10 Darras Hall Edge Hill GNE 635

A nice little whizz around.

You might want to edit out identifying information like your school, mind.
(23 Apr 2016, 9:49 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]How was Bishop? It's been bonkers in previous years, by all accounts, but I have a feeling that the hail and snow may have kept some people indoors. We'd originally planned for today to make the trip to Shildon we didn't other with last week, because of lousy weather (more snow!) then go home via Bishop. We got cold and rained on in Darlo, though, so big'un decided we needed to head to teesside. I made the excuse to take the X12 to Newcastle (had considered buying tickets for the GNE X10 that was in, but it was already full by the time we got to the stand) and pick up some more OCC coffee there.

Fairly busy, got there at half 11 and stayed for an hour but went the wrong way and got half way up the road before realising mistake so had to walk all the way back (first time have been to Bishop), bought some items on the stalls. Lots of crowds there, especially at the castle. Just started raining once was on the X21 coming back. On the way back from Middlesbrough for The 500 Group Bus Rally at the Transporter Bridge. Busy down there as well, review will be posted once I get home.
(24 Apr 2016, 1:30 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ]Fairly busy, got there at half 11 and stayed for an hour but went the wrong way and got half way up the road before realising mistake so had to walk all the way back (first time have been to Bishop), bought some items on the stalls. Lots of crowds there, especially at the castle. Just started raining once was on the X21 coming back. On the way back from Middlesbrough for The 500 Group Bus Rally at the Transporter Bridge. Busy down there as well, review will be posted once I get home.
We finally made it to locomotion. By car!

Little'un enjoyed the model train sets. Big'un got a few photos of the vehicles that the Aycliffe and district BPS had there. I got a few pics of him in the driver's seat of one. Two happy boys.
Stopped him just in time before he messed up the destination!
(24 Apr 2016, 2:51 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Stopped him just in time before he messed up the destination!

Nowt wrong with playing with the destinations, but roller blinds are not as good as brand new LED ones  Tongue
(24 Apr 2016, 2:53 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Nowt wrong with playing with the destinations, but roller blinds are not as good as brand new LED ones  Tongue

The LEDs would look a bit out of place on a bus nearly as old as my mum Big Grin

The guy wanted the destination keeping the same as the pic accompanying info about the bus having been used in Heartbeat.  I didn't want him to break anything by fiddling without asking, first!
Today have done a trip to Middlesbrough with the other half for The 500 Group's Annual Running day. Times stated are what is on the tickets.

07:49 10 Prudhoe Front Street - Newcastle Eldon Square (GNE 6073)

08:57 X10 Newcastle Eldon Square- Middlesbrough Bus Station (GNE 6048)

Got to Middlesbrough Bus Station at around 10:30 AM. The bus due to take passengers was due to arrive at 11am as was previously stated, this resulted in a 40 min wait until one arrived which was JDC 599 Dennis Loline Northern Counties. When we got to the Transporter Bridge, there was quite a few buses there which I managed to get photos of. We then had a walk down to Riverside Stadium as I wanted some photos of it. We then walked back up to the Transporter Bridge as she needed to get back home to Washington as she has fitness classes on Sunday afternoons. We boarded RWU 534R which was the only one which I didn't get a photo of due to being in a rush to get on the bus and back to the bus station as we got straight off it at Middlesbrough Bus Station and onto the X10 which pulled up to its stop as we were alighting.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskyQF9jy

12:38 X10 Middlesbrough Bus Station - Newcastle Eldon Square (GNE 6043)

The other half got off at Heworth Interchange, which I stayed on until Eldon Square Bus Station.

14:18 10B Newcastle Eldon Square - Derwenthaugh Bus Stop (GNE 6074)

I wanted Asda for some shopping on the way back so I got off at Gala Bingo.

15:12 10 Derwenthaugh Bus Stop - Prudhoe Front Street

Back home, next bus outing planned is for Wednesday to Stockton for Arriva's Frequenta event and then MetroCentre Bus Rally next Sunday but will most likely drive to the MetroCentre event.

Better late than never, here's my review from my trip to Saturday:

0705 7 Newton Aycliffe - Durham Bus Station (ANE 7535)
Standard fare for my outings to start on the 7 to Durham. Pretty uneventful journey really, took my seat at the front upstairs and had the upstairs to myself for the full journey, of course being 7535 the charging points didn't work

0824 Durham - Berwick (Virgin Trains East Coast: 43367/43299)
43367 was at the front for this journey with me being booked in coach B which is the quiet coach although the seat reservation card had not being placed in my booked seat but thankfully no-one was sat in it so I took my "reserved" seat. This was supposedly the quiet carriage but it was anything but, people were talking between themselves which was a little irritating but I became really annoyed when we rolled into Newcastle and two people boarded, one of them had a loud annoying voice and said annoying stupid things, first he started shouting to the person he was with that "I CAN'T GO BACKWARDS, I'LL BE SICK" and them started looking for other seats on the train eventually they sat opposite me and for the remainder of my journey he said the most stupid things in his irritating voice, wanted to turn round them to shut the hell up! This carriage had been refurbished, it had a nice interior and the seats were very comfortable.

In Berwick I snapped a few buses most of which belonged to Perryman's including Wrightbus demonstrator StreetLite SN65 OLV which I guess is a loan but there was also some stuff from Arriva, Glen Valley Tours and Travelsure who currently have Holmeswood Coaches Solo YJ56 WTZ. Got a few shots around Berwick before heading back to the rail station to catch my next bus...

1110 267 Berwick Rail Station - Wooler Bus Station (Glen Valley Tours: NA52 NJX)
This Solo provided me with my next leg of the day to Wooler. Although this Solo is now 13 years old it seemed pretty nice internally with most of the seats being high backed fabric seats with seatbelts but there was strangely two Civic 2 seats at the front. This bus despite its age performed rather well especially on the A66, seems just about every Solo I ride is better than the Arriva 08/58 reg examples which I ain't so fond of especially the white Solo at Jesmond. This was quite a nice route with it taking in some nice picturesque villages and some A roads for some thrashing. This was a quiet journey with two other passengers boarding in Berwick and one more boarding not far from Wooler. I then had a cold boring wait for my next bus...

1300 473 Wooler Bus Station - Alnwick Bus Station (Glen Valley Tours: YJ60 KGZ)
Next journey was a Solo SR, was a very steady away journey and the driver/bus was slow and other motorists were not amused by this with overtakes and horns being hooked at the driver. Nice route but the slow speeds made the journey drag on. The Solo SR was quite a nice bus though.

1422 472 Alnwick Bus Station - Amble Fourways (Travelsure: EU06 KOW)
Few shady looking characters hanging round so I stood just outside the bus station to get some photos. Saw Travelsure Solo MX10 DXP on the 418 with some smoke coming from the back wheels but it shortly went back out on the 418, also their lack of screens irritated me, saw this MPD pull onto the stand and couldn't see anything on the screens so I had to confirm whether it was the 472 to Amble which of course it was, so I took my place at the back. Pretty standard MPD journey, was okay but nowt special. Got off in Amble and saw that it did have a destination on the screen but it was quite dim. Annoyingly I just missed MAX X18 branded E400 on the X20 to Newcastle for a photo, managed a few other snaps in Amble before jumping on my next bus.

1535 X18 Amble Fourways - Morpeth Bus Station (ANE 7533)
Next journey was Arriva's MAX X18 branded Enviro 400, took my place at the front upstairs which sadly isn't as spacious as the Sapphire 7 branded examples. Of course there was some interesting scenery although this journey stopped at HMP Northumberland which provided something extra into the journey. Before long we arrived in Morpeth but there was a fair bit of traffic round Morrisons in Morpeth but we arrived on-time. Snapped a few things including the Glen Valley Tours service 710 to Wooler. Thought about catching the 44 but later discovered the last journey was at around 15:44, so that was out so I just went for the next X14.

1637 X14 Morpeth Bus Station - Newcastle Haymarket Bus Station (ANE 7475)
Fortunately for extra variety I got ALX400 7475 for this journey, was not a bad motor this, quite like the seats on this bus as it has a fair bit padding. Quite a busy journey into Newcastle.

1725 45 Newcastle Eldon Square - MetroCentre Bus Station (GNE 54??)
For a different route home to the boring route through Gateshead and Low Fell I decided to head home via the MetroCentre. On this journey one passenger was arguing with the driver over how long a day ticket is valid for. Pretty uneventful journey to the MetroCentre, unfortunately it became eventful at the MetroCentre as a group of kids all tried to board the bus as I was getting off and the surge saw me lose my footing and my foot ended up between the bus and the pavement so I tripped over and I pulled a muscle in my neck so I was stood waiting for my next bus in pain worrying that I had done some serious damage to my neck (it seems fine now).

1755 X24 MetroCentre Bus Station - Durham Bus Station (ANE 7609)
Boarded this still under the impression that something was wrong with my neck. Fortunately it was a quiet journey which I needed after the incident. Would have been a better journey if a Lowlander was on but sadly 7609 is the go to allocation when the X12 has a full MAX X12 branded Gemini allocation.

1845 7 Durham Bus Station - Newton Aycliffe (ANE 151?)
Forgot which example this was I'm afraid. Nothing to say about this journey really as it was uneventful. Was just thankful I was heading home.

So a outing with some good things and bad things. Hopefully my next outing won't have any incidents, not sure what and where the next outing will be although I will be attending the MetroCentre Rally on Sunday.

Thanks for reading.
(26 Apr 2016, 3:23 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Better late than never, here's my review from my trip to Saturday:

0705 7 Newton Aycliffe - Durham Bus Station (ANE 7535)
Standard fare for my outings to start on the 7 to Durham. Pretty uneventful journey really, took my seat at the front upstairs and had the upstairs to myself for the full journey, of course being 7535 the charging points didn't work

0824 Durham - Berwick (Virgin Trains East Coast: 43367/43299)
43367 was at the front for this journey with me being booked in coach B which is the quiet coach although the seat reservation card had not being placed in my booked seat but thankfully no-one was sat in it so I took my "reserved" seat. This was supposedly the quiet carriage but it was anything but, people were talking between themselves which was a little irritating but I became really annoyed when we rolled into Newcastle and two people boarded, one of them had a loud annoying voice and said annoying stupid things, first he started shouting to the person he was with that "I CAN'T GO BACKWARDS, I'LL BE SICK" and them started looking for other seats on the train eventually they sat opposite me and for the remainder of my journey he said the most stupid things in his irritating voice, wanted to turn round them to shut the hell up! This carriage had been refurbished, it had a nice interior and the seats were very comfortable.

In Berwick I snapped a few buses most of which belonged to Perryman's including Wrightbus demonstrator StreetLite SN65 OLV which I guess is a loan but there was also some stuff from Arriva, Glen Valley Tours and Travelsure who currently have Holmeswood Coaches Solo YJ56 WTZ. Got a few shots around Berwick before heading back to the rail station to catch my next bus...

1110 267 Berwick Rail Station - Wooler Bus Station (Glen Valley Tours: NA52 NJX)
This Solo provided me with my next leg of the day to Wooler. Although this Solo is now 13 years old it seemed pretty nice internally with most of the seats being high backed fabric seats with seatbelts but there was strangely two Civic 2 seats at the front. This bus despite its age performed rather well especially on the A66, seems just about every Solo I ride is better than the Arriva 08/58 reg examples which I ain't so fond of especially the white Solo at Jesmond. This was quite a nice route with it taking in some nice picturesque villages and some A roads for some thrashing. This was a quiet journey with two other passengers boarding in Berwick and one more boarding not far from Wooler. I then had a cold boring wait for my next bus...

1300 473 Wooler Bus Station - Alnwick Bus Station (Glen Valley Tours: YJ60 KGZ)
Next journey was a Solo SR, was a very steady away journey and the driver/bus was slow and other motorists were not amused by this with overtakes and horns being hooked at the driver. Nice route but the slow speeds made the journey drag on. The Solo SR was quite a nice bus though.

1422 472 Alnwick Bus Station - Amble Fourways (Travelsure: EU06 KOW)
Few shady looking characters hanging round so I stood just outside the bus station to get some photos. Saw Travelsure Solo MX10 DXP on the 418 with some smoke coming from the back wheels but it shortly went back out on the 418, also their lack of screens irritated me, saw this MPD pull onto the stand and couldn't see anything on the screens so I had to confirm whether it was the 472 to Amble which of course it was, so I took my place at the back. Pretty standard MPD journey, was okay but nowt special. Got off in Amble and saw that it did have a destination on the screen but it was quite dim. Annoyingly I just missed MAX X18 branded E400 on the X20 to Newcastle for a photo, managed a few other snaps in Amble before jumping on my next bus.

1535 X18 Amble Fourways - Morpeth Bus Station (ANE 7533)
Next journey was Arriva's MAX X18 branded Enviro 400, took my place at the front upstairs which sadly isn't as spacious as the Sapphire 7 branded examples. Of course there was some interesting scenery although this journey stopped at HMP Northumberland which provided something extra into the journey. Before long we arrived in Morpeth but there was a fair bit of traffic round Morrisons in Morpeth but we arrived on-time. Snapped a few things including the Glen Valley Tours service 710 to Wooler. Thought about catching the 44 but later discovered the last journey was at around 15:44, so that was out so I just went for the next X14.

1637 X14 Morpeth Bus Station - Newcastle Haymarket Bus Station (ANE 7475)
Fortunately for extra variety I got ALX400 7475 for this journey, was not a bad motor this, quite like the seats on this bus as it has a fair bit padding. Quite a busy journey into Newcastle.

1725 45 Newcastle Eldon Square - MetroCentre Bus Station (GNE 54??)
For a different route home to the boring route through Gateshead and Low Fell I decided to head home via the MetroCentre. On this journey one passenger was arguing with the driver over how long a day ticket is valid for. Pretty uneventful journey to the MetroCentre, unfortunately it became eventful at the MetroCentre as a group of kids all tried to board the bus as I was getting off and the surge saw me lose my footing and my foot ended up between the bus and the pavement so I tripped over and I pulled a muscle in my neck so I was stood waiting for my next bus in pain worrying that I had done some serious damage to my neck (it seems fine now).

1755 X24 MetroCentre Bus Station - Durham Bus Station (ANE 7609)
Boarded this still under the impression that something was wrong with my neck. Fortunately it was a quiet journey which I needed after the incident. Would have been a better journey if a Lowlander was on but sadly 7609 is the go to allocation when the X12 has a full MAX X12 branded Gemini allocation.

1845 7 Durham Bus Station - Newton Aycliffe (ANE 151?)
Forgot which example this was I'm afraid. Nothing to say about this journey really as it was uneventful. Was just thankful I was heading home.

So a outing with some good things and bad things. Hopefully my next outing won't have any incidents, not sure what and where the next outing will be although I will be attending the MetroCentre Rally on Sunday.

Thanks for reading.

I rather like travelling backwards!
A good review Jimmi, I like Glen Valley's Berwick to Wooler service. The views towards Wooler are really beautiful with the hills in the distance. I too caught a Solo when I last used this service.

Try the Wednesday only Wooler to Newcastle Glen Valley afternoon service for a good thrash into town. Better warn you that it doubles as the school bus from Wooler - Whittingham and the kids are pretty loud!

Charles