North East Buses

Full Version: Bus Related Outings and Reviews
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(15 Jun 2014, 5:38 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Did anyone go to Durham Bus Rally Today, I didn't bother as I didn't think it was worth wasting £8 in Bus Fare to get there, Plus at Last Years Rally I was only there an Hour before heading Home as I thought there wasn't much to look at.

Didn't even know it was today! Tongue

I don't think any rallies are considered as big as the Metrocentre one in this part of the country.
(15 Jun 2014, 5:38 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Did anyone go to Durham Bus Rally Today, I didn't bother as I didn't think it was worth wasting £8 in Bus Fare to get there, Plus at Last Years Rally I was only there an Hour before heading Home as I thought there wasn't much to look at.

I was going to, but then by the time I got home and had a shower at about 10am, it seemed like it would have been far too late to go.

I was waiting for my phone to charge back up too, given that I'd completely drained it (impressed it managed 16.5hrs mind).

Taking that into account, the £3.75 for a Get Around day ticket and the rather long journey time, I just thought it wasn't worth it.
I've not seen any photos yet, but I don't think there was anything there that wasn't at the Metro Centre, from what I've heard. I'd seen the line up on NEBPT's website the other day anyway, which had given me second thoughts about going. There's a lot of preserved stuff out there that doesn't seem to get an outing these days, which is a shame.
(15 Jun 2014, 6:10 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I've not seen any photos yet, but I don't think there was anything there that wasn't at the Metro Centre, from what I've heard. I'd seen the line up on NEBPT's website the other day anyway, which had given me second thoughts about going. There's a lot of preserved stuff out there that doesn't seem to get an outing these days, which is a shame.

GNE's 7082 attended, sporting a slightly different variation of the driver trainer livery (no yellow above the front window - white instead with a different font). Not at all keen myself, but hey ho...
(15 Jun 2014, 6:12 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]GNE's 7082 attended, sporting a slightly different variation of the driver trainer livery (no yellow above the front window - white instead with a different font). Not at all keen myself, but hey ho...

Just seen a photo from Bazza of it, and I'm a bit baffled by it. It makes zero sense to create a livery for the training fleet and then do one differently.

Just on the subject of rallies and preserved vehicles. Does anyone know what's happened to EJR110W and RCU838S? Can't see any recent photos of them anywhere.
(15 Jun 2014, 8:34 pm)AIG20 wrote [ -> ]EJR110W was photographed by Sean Blair in the Preservation Shed yesterday. Smile

Would to know where this place is so I could take some Photos at some point.
(15 Jun 2014, 8:44 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Would to know where this place is so I could take some Photos at some point.

It won't be open to the public. Sean is quite heavily involved in one of the groups I think, and owns one of the buses in the shed. I hadn't noticed he'd upped a photo of EJR110W though. It'd be nice to see if have a run out at a rally again soon.
I made the decision earlier this year to only attend 3 North East bus rallies. These being Teesside Running Day, Metrocentre and Seaburn. For the posts I've seen, I made the right decision to drop Durham. Another NE rally I don't bother with is the Tyne Tees Run, however if I am off work (which is usually unlikely), then I would go a get photos and leave within the hour.

Instead of Durham, I attended the Peak Park Rally with Matthew Edwards today. Also noted a couple other NE Enthusiasts (including one who isn't popular) also attending this rally.

We also paid a visit to the depots of Hulleys of Baslow before the rally, then we went and paid a evening visit to the Stagecoach depot in Chesterfield where the duty controller took us for a quick spin around the depot on the Neoplan assembled ALX 200 Dennis Dart.

Anyway this was the haulage for the day.
South Notts - Leyland Atlantean (S-D) / ELC Sprint - RAU804M - Rowsley to Matlock.
Trent - Bristol RE / ECW - TCH274L - Matlock to Rowsley
Blackpool Transport - Leyland Atlantean / ELC - UHG353Y - Rowsley to Bakewell
West Midlands - Daimler Fleetline / Alexander - UHA225H - Bakewell to Rowsley
Whites of Calver - Leyland Leopard / Alexander T - PRA109R - Round trip from Rowsley to Chatsworth Hall
Chase Bus Services - Leyland National Mk1 - OJD868R - Rowsley to Bakewell
Trent - Bristol RE / ECW - FRB208H - Bakewell to Rowsley
Stagecoach in Chesterfield - Dennis Dart SLF / Neoplan ALX 200 - 33297 - N199PYJ - Inside Depot to Depot Forecourt
Stagecoach in Chesterfield - Dennis Dart SLF / Neoplan ALX 200 - 33297 - N199PYJ - Depot Forecourt to Entrance of Bus Wash

All the vehicles I travelled on were impressive and a joy to travel on, including the Dart.
(15 Jun 2014, 8:44 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Would to know where this place is so I could take some Photos at some point.

It's in Felling - down the road from GNE's Saltmeadows Rd depot.
Unit T3, Felling Business Centre, Green Lane, Felling, NE10 0QH

To contact them...

Telephone: 07910143303
Email: lee@tyneandwearbuspreservation.co.uk
Has anyone seen the Alder Valley Open top VR on display recently?

It was on the A1 a short while back, heading North between Bowburn and Belmont.
Todays outing:

0932 7 Newton Aycliffe - Durham Bus Station (ANE 1521)
1034 X22 MetroCentre Bus Station (GNE 6019)
1255 X66 Gateshead Interchange (GNE 5390)
1330 X1 Newcastle (GNE 6055)
1525 X2 Framwellgate Moor (ANE 1418)
1638 7 Newton Aycliffe (ANE 1520)
(16 Jun 2014, 5:38 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Todays outing:

0932 7 Newton Aycliffe - Durham Bus Station (ANE 1521)
1034 X22 MetroCentre Bus Station (GNE 6019)
1255 X66 Gateshead Interchange (GNE 5390)
1330 X1 Newcastle (GNE 6055)
1525 X2 Framwellgate Moor (ANE 1418)
1638 7 Newton Aycliffe (ANE 1520)

Nice. I'm planning a Sapphire day for when I'm off in the Summer Holidays.
(16 Jun 2014, 6:20 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]Nice. I'm planning a Sapphire day for when I'm off in the Summer Holidays.

I'll be waiting for a while, when the Ashington ones are in service (will also include MAX).
(16 Jun 2014, 8:05 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]It's in Felling - down the road from GNE's Saltmeadows Rd depot.
Unit T3, Felling Business Centre, Green Lane, Felling, NE10 0QH

To contact them...

Telephone: 07910143303
Email: lee@tyneandwearbuspreservation.co.uk

Cheers Dan I will give them a ring in the Morning as I am out all day Tomorrow and more than likely head past Saltmeadows like I normally do when going between Sunderland and Newcastle after I have been to the Eye Infirmary.
My day so far...

1014 Metro Stadium of Light to Gateshead (4014)
1045 X66 Gateshead to Riverside (4922)
1120 96 Riverside to Metrocentre (8262)
1133 10 Metrocentre to Blaydon (6080)
1204 10B Blaydon to Newcastle (3942)
Going up 'tae Edinburgh tomorrow and planing on a bus bash (Away from the airport because of the Highland Show!). Been looking on the Lothian website at a Dayticket:

"Unlimited travel on our day buses and Edinburgh Trams (City Fare zone only) for one day."
What does City Fare zone mean? Looking on the network map now (something I miss from bus companies these days!), Pencaitland is in 'Zone C' with Zones A and B outside of it... is this the City zone?

Also does anyone have any suggestions on where to go, based on location and/or vehicle type? I'm a Lothian newbie! Thinking about Musselburgh or Drem for now..

Sean
Forget my last post, having checked the train tickets I have, I'm not going until next Saturday! Do'h!

Going to Newcastle and Gateshead today though - in Newcastle Eldon Square for 9:30 ish.
Should get plusbus ticket which gives unlimited travel on buses in the Edinburgh area for one day. A map of the area is on the Plusbus web site. Mind I don't think these are valid on the trams. A £3.50 day ticket is valid on both Lothian buses and trams.
(21 Jun 2014, 9:58 am)coldav wrote [ -> ]Should get plusbus ticket which gives unlimited travel on buses in the Edinburgh area for one day. A map of the area is on the Plusbus web site. Mind I don't think these are valid on the trams. A £3.50 day ticket is valid on both Lothian buses and trams.

Plusbus on special offer of £2 during June and July if I remember right too!
A trip out for a haircut and some shopping in town yesterday turned into a little adventure.

09:51 GNE 51 (Wrekenton - Kells Lane) 4921
10:37 GNE 21 (Low Fell Cannon/Lloyds Bank/Virgin Money - Eldon Square) 6060
12:28 GNE 11 (Eldon Square - Blaydon) 5150
13:07 GNE 11 (Blaydon - Eldon Square) 9131
13:55 GNE X25 (Eldon Square - Eighton Banks) 4927