North East Buses

Full Version: Bus Related Outings and Reviews
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(26 Mar 2016, 5:56 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]There's some nice picturesque places for photo up there, that's for sure! 

Dare I ask your opinion on the livery? Tongue

There certainly is and I'm really happy with one or two of my photos.

The livery, I really like. I wasn't too sure about the yellow and blue combination as it didn't look to good on the MPD's without branding in my opinion, but it looks really smart, a modern twist really works.

5210 is the smartest Solar I've seen in a while.
Not done one of these for a while, so I think it's time I did something about it...

0805 7 Newton Aycliffe - Durham Bus Station (ANE 1513)
Predictable! I know, but this is an ideal time to leave the house on a Saturday which is why it's often my first journey of the day on these outings. This journey was slightly different to usual as this run is normally an Enviro 400 but this morning I was given 1513 instead which I was quite happy about as I'd had 7535 three times this week so I didn't really want it again, especially as it's plug sockets don't work although I'm pleased to say this wasn't the case on 1513. Pretty standard journey, just sat back and relaxed until I reached my destination of Durham. As I entered Durham, I spotted Adrian and Marcus taking photos on the roundabout so I decided to say a quick hello before catching my next bus.

0850 15 Durham Bus Station - Consett Bus Station (GNE 6030)
My next bus was of course was a Volvo B7TL/Plaxton President, pretty standard President journey really although this one was slightly better than some of the examples I've had on this service recently although the destination panel did rattle a little. Before I knew it I was in Consett. In Consett I spotted Venture 650's front screen only showing half of the screen fully lit, the other half was so dim you could barely read it!

0945 689 Consett Bus Station - Hexham Bus Station (GNE 647)
Done this journey a few times now so I am starting to run out of things to say about it but it's still a fantastic route to do and I love doing it although next time I would like to do Hexham - Consett rather than Consett - Hexham just to shake it up a bit although I don't plan to do the route again for a while. As the bus got towards Hexham General Hospital I spotted Lee Calder, Gary Hunter and Sam Tilson with Lee and Gary getting photos. I alighted at Hexham Bus Station and was surprised to see that there was no enthusiast's there. Decided to head to the rail station for some shots and wait for my next bus there, annoyingly I tried to get a shot of a Tynedale Links Solo SR on the 683 but a cyclist got in the way, fortunately it was 671 which I snapped in Newcastle the other night.

1113 AD122 Hexham Rail Station - Haltwhislte Rail Station (GNE 635)
Decided that I should sample this route seem as it runs along much of Hadrian's Wall, took my place at the back of the bus and then I heard the next stop announcements kick in with an explanation of how the route works about stuff like how/where to get off etc. Quite like these next stop announcements as it also gave you a bit of info about some of the places along the route sort of like you would get on something like the City Sightseeing services. There was some cracking scenery on this route with bits of Hadrian's Wall to be seen plus despite the weather today there was a fair few people out walking along the wall, rather them than me! This journey was pretty quiet though, there was me and three other passengers on-board with the other three getting off along the route whilst I stayed on until Haltwhistle Rail Station.

Haltwhistle
Got a photo of 635 at the rail station but as a few people have taken shots here I decided to get a shot round the corner which turned out well. During my time in Haltwhistle I also snapped Arriva's 4661 on the 685 to Carlisle, Northern Rail's 156443 and Go North East's Tynedale Links Solo SR 669, first I got a shot near the rail station on the 185 but one thing I must say is the driver missed out Haltwhistle Market Place and just went straight to the rail station (naughty, naughty!) Had enough time to get myself somewhere nice and scenic within Haltwhistle for a shot of it on the 681 to Alston and I'm pleased to say it turned out very well. Then I waited for my next bus.

1256 685 Haltwhistle, Townfoot - Hexham Bus Station (Stagecoach Cumbria: 27141)
My next journey was this Enviro 300, quite like these two E300's for the 685 due to it's comfy coach style seats and the fact it has free WiFi although it is a bit difficult getting signal on it though. Irritatingly the only seats that weren't next to someone were the sideways seats behind the drivers cab, so I had to make do with them, better than standing I suppose. Pretty smooth journey, I did eventually get to view my Facebook and a few other social media sites before arriving in Hexham. Quickly headed off to Greggs for a pasty, hung around and ate that before heading back to the bus station where I snapped PCL Travel's 'Rural Link' Dart LG02 FFP on the 880. Saw Bazza who didn't have time to stop to chat as he was about to get the X85 back to Newcastle. I then met fellow forum member South Tyne Lad, who I chatted to for around 35 minutes before he decided to abandon his original plan for the afternoon due to time and instead he joined me for a trip up to Corbridge.

1422 10 Hexham Bus Station - Corbridge (GNE 6075)
South Tyne Lad managed to get on ahead of most of the passengers although I could not without resorting to shoving so I was one of the last passengers to board, he bagged the front seat and I sat in the row behind him. Coninued to chat to each other on this short journey before we arrived in Corbridge. We tried to get some shots of the TEN within Corbridge but that didn't quite work out, I decided that we should both get some shots of buses where the bridge is just as you enter/exit Corbridge, I think it's a good spot for photos.

1508 687 Corbridge - Hexham Rail Station (GNE 556)
Decided that I would like to sample this route back to Hexham with South Tyne Lad joining me on this journey as well. I will be honest, the interior on this one was looking pretty tired. The number of MPD's are dropping within the Go North East fleet, but it's nice that there is still a few kicking about for now (from an enthusiasts point of view). We were the only two passengers on-board for this journey which at least meant it was nice and quiet, well as quite as a MPD can be shaking over some rather rough roads! Enjoyed my short trip on this bus. I decided to alight at Hexham Rail Station in order to catch my next bus, so I bade farewell to South Tyne Lad on continued onto Hexham Bus Station.

1533 880 Hexham Rail Station - Wall, The Hadrian Hotel (PCL Travel: LG02FFP)
I quite like to sample the efforts from the independents and one I had yet to sample was PCL Travel, so I decided to sample this Dart for a short journey up to the village of Wall, quite a nice route I thought although much of it was the same as my journey on the AD122 earlier in the day. There was only me and one other passenger on-board for this journey, I decided to sit at the back. Quite enjoyed my run on this, sounded pretty similar to an MPD really. Alighted the bus at The Hadrian Hotel fortunately for me the driver sat at the stop for a short while so I was able to get across the road and get a shot of it, nice to have a photo somewhere that is less photographed within this hobby.

1554 AD122 Wall, The Hadrian Hotel - Hexham Bus Station (GNE 670)
Tried to get a photo but wasn't totally pleased with the result. My first ride on one of the new Tynedale Links Solo SR's, this was only a short trip up to Hexham but I quite enjoyed my trip on this, fortunately the three other passengers on-board also wished to alight at Hexham Rail Station so I made sure to make it so I was the first to depart so I could get a photo here and I did.

1613 74 Hexham Rail Station - Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station (GNE 667)
Bit sick of the sight of Hexham Rail Station by this point, 667 passed through the rail station on the 74 heading to Hexham Bus Station running a few minutes late then it came back shortly afterwards on a trip destined to Newcastle. This is my first time on the 74, I've heard some good things about this route so I thought it was about time I tried it out and my it did not disappoint, the views were pretty something like, tight roads and picturesque villages made for an enjoyable journey, the long route also gave me a good opportunity to sample the new Tynedale Links Solo SR's which I must say I do quite like, thought the seats were reasonably comfortable and I was quite impressed with how well the WiFi worked although I didn't look at my phone much on this journey as I was really enjoying the route. As we got closer to Newcastle the heaven's finally opened and boy it didn't half tip it down, was so pleased I was on the bus when this happened.

1739 X21 Newcastle, Eldon Square Bus Station - Durham Bus Station (GNE 6307)
This was my steed back to Durham, I actually quite like these StreetDeck's think they perform pretty well across the route and the seats seem pretty comfortable and I like a bus with WiFi and it works a treat in these, as do the charging points. Sadly my journey on this was spoilt by loud annoying teenagers one of which said apparently it's raining, repeatedly, really? No kidding! It got to the point they were screaming at each other, so I had to try my hardest to enjoy the journey but I couldn't but at least I managed to stop myself from feeling angry.

1845 7 Durham Bus Station - Newton Aycliffe (ANE 1514)
Fortunately the annoying teens got on the 20 at Durham but sadly in typical fashion there was more sat in the bus station, there was also some drunk people, one woman decided to it would be a good idea to climb the railings where you board the bus which of course went well, yep she did have a bit of a fall, don't panic she was fine! Whilst waiting for the 7 someone asked me if the X21 had gone so I sadly informed them that it had gone. The drunk people were waiting on the 22/24/43 stand but I later discovered that they actually wanted the 7 I was waiting for. I sat in my usual Pulsar seat which is where the step is and the drunks sat at the back although I wasn't too bothered about them as they weren't too bad, they did have a bit of a singsong etc. A woman was drinking a can of Carling on the bus, classy! Charged my phone on this bus but annoyingly the WiFi logged me out at Ferryhill because I exceeded the limit.

That's how my day went today, was nice having a quick chat with Adrian and Marcus in Durham this morning and I enjoyed the company from South Tyne Lad for some of my outing this afternoon Smile

The photos are now on Flickr, there's some nice scenic shots in there so be sure to have a look, I'm quite tired now but I'm up and out again tomorrow at the Kirkby Stephen/Brough Rally, hopefully there is no rain or thunderstorms.

Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of your Easter Weekend.
(26 Mar 2016, 10:57 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Charged my phone on this bus but annoyingly the WiFi logged me out at Ferryhill because I exceeded the limit

Arriva wifi must have the most generous allowance and you still use it up hahahaha!!!

I believe the 7 wifi is set up differently on the Pulsars, with a lower allowance than the rest.

Great review as normal Jimmi!
(26 Mar 2016, 11:46 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Arriva wifi must have the most generous allowance and you still use it up hahahaha!!!

I believe the 7 wifi is set up differently on the Pulsars, with a lower allowance than the rest.

Great review as normal Jimmi!
Thanks

Think it's an hour on each network, so an hour on Sapphire which is what I got on the 7 today, this has also been the case when I've done 45 minutes on the 7 then 15 minutes into a journey into a journey on the 22 it blocks me. They haven't set the WiFi up properly on the Enviro 400's so this doesn't happen on there, it's not very often I get two Pulsars on the 7 in the same day.
Canny reviews there from Jimmi and South Tyne Lad, but Davie, disappointed in you my boy..standing at Cling On Corner Tongue
(26 Mar 2016, 11:52 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Thanks

Think it's an hour on each network, so an hour on Sapphire which is what I got on the 7 today, this has also been the case when I've done 45 minutes on the 7 then 15 minutes into a journey into a journey on the 22 it blocks me. They haven't set the WiFi up properly on the Enviro 400's so this doesn't happen on there, it's not very often I get two Pulsars on the 7 in the same day.

Nope, it's not time restricted  Wink 

The good thing about arriva wifi is that every routes wifi is separate. So, if you're travelling in the 7, then the X12, then the X21, you'd have to sign up three times if you haven't used them before. Go North East seem to have the same wifi setup on all of their buses.

What exactly do you do on the wifi? the last time I exceeded my usage in 15 minutes was when I tried downloading an app!  Tongue
(27 Mar 2016, 12:22 am)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]Its been a good day so I feel like posting my outing..

My original plan was to get the 8:35 74 from Eldon Square to Hexham and meet Davie and DanPicken there, Though my bad idea of staying up till 2:00 AM didn't work for getting up at 7:00AM
I revised my plans and decided to wake up at 9:00 AM and get the 11:35 74 to Hexham, Although this resulted in me missing Davie and DanP ( There plan involved leaving Hexham before I got there )
So apologies to Davie and DanP for being late ( Again  Tongue  )

I left the house extremely late at 11:00 AM and dashed to the Metro in my Hoodie and Thermal Coat which was the worst choice of coat to bring on a humid day!
I made it to Brockly Whins Metro for 11:08 and bought my Explorer, I seen a mate from Primary days on the platform days but he didn't see me.

I took my place at the top of the Platform and took my thermal coat off and placed it in my backpack, When I tried to zip the backpack back up the zip snapped!
This involved me having to carry my backpack like a shopping bag for the rest of the day.

And so my journey begins :

J1 Brockely Whins Metro - Haymarket Metro Metrocar 4033

The same metrocar I got on a mere 2 days before on Thursday, The brakes were in need of oiling when the 36 Year old Metrocar pulled in front of me.
I took my place at the front seat facing towards the line, And started trying to fix the zip on my bag...
That's all I done that journey and after long, I arrived at Haymarket having given up trying to fix it and dashed towards Eldon Square with 3 Mins till departure of the 74.

J2 Eldon Square - Hexham Bus Station GNE 667

The official " Enthusiasts Bus " for this week, With me and 5 other Enthusiast's boarding this smart Solo, I took my place at the back on the Mercedes Engine, Accompinied by 2 other Enthusiast's.
We began chatting about transport related things, Involving talking about what type of seats the Solo has to the Enthusiast's past job at Train Operator Grand Central.
We chatted until Stamfordham, Where I moved to the empty row in front because of the ever increasing uncomfort of GNE's E-Leather over the Boiling Engine.
The Solo coped well with the route, Though the " Eco " Configuration of the Allison Gearbox didn't help when tackling the Inclines on this route, Which MPDs would tackle with ease back in the day.
The journey somewhat flew over and I arrived at Hexham Bus Station with Bazza and another Enthusiast snapping my Solo, I gave them the thumbs up and he came and greeted me after I disembarked.

Hexham

I had a quick chat with Bazza and the other Enthusiast before heading to Greggs for my Dinner, I returned after 15 Mins and me and Bazza got some photos of Various Hexham Solos and Solars.
Bazza and the other enthusiast were off back to Newcastle on the X85 having caught all bar one Solo in the Hexham Fleet from 9 in the Morning.
Just as Bazza and the other Enthuiast were boarding, A cuaght sight of Jimmi In the crowd, I said my goodbyes to Bazza and the other Enthusiast and I went and joined Jimmi for a good half hour.
We photographed 6084 making a rare appearance on the 10 and that was it, No More Buses appeared in Hexham for a good half hour!
Me and Jimmi got chatting and I thought about abandoning my plan of Haltwhistle and Alston and decided to Join Jimmi for a run to Corbridge.

J3 Hexham Bus Station - Corbridge Town Centre GNE 6073

I jumped on quickly and grabbed the front top deck seats, Jimmi was less fortunate, Being one of the last to get on but still joined me on the top deck, Sitting in the row behind me.
We chatted for most of the short journey and alighted in the centre of a busy Corbridge.

Corbridge

We tried getting a shot of two TEN B9TLs, Unfortunatly both of our shots failed and Jimmi decided to head near the bridge over the Tyne to get some photos -
Which turned out good and the photos are now on mine and jimmis Flickr Accounts now, Its a good spot for photos.

We soon started heading back to head back to Hexham on the    687   556 turned up blinded Not-In-Service and we boarded and took our places at the back of this grubby MPD.

J3 Corbridge - Hexham Bus Station  GNE 687

We departed Corbridge and chatted for most of this journey again, Jimmis plan was to alight at the Train Station and catch PCLs Dart to Wall Village.
He did so and me and Jimmi said our goodbyes and Jimmi alighted at the Train Station and I carried on to the Bus Station.

A Quick wait for the X85 was needed, and to my delight 5230 turned up.

J4 Hexham Bus Station - Eldon Square GNE 5230

5230 is a lovely Scania, Its ZF Gearbox also slipped a few times but was also smooth on the long stretch of A69 all the way to Denton Burn.
Was on my phone for quite a bit of the journey and didn't really take much in and before I knew it, I was at Eldon Square.

A Quick dash to Haymarket to get the 308 to get picked up from Silverlink by my Mam and Dad, Who returning from shopping at Highley Gate Garden Centre!
I was rushing that much I didn't notice Davie standing at Cling on Corner getting photos, He did get a photo of me on 7604 though I believe.

J5 Haymarket Bus Station - Silverlink ANE 7604

A limp DB300 waited for me in Haymarket and the driver put his foot to the floor to get nothing back from the Engine, Absolutely knackered but then are there any DB300s that arnt?

A quick walk from the Silverlink slip road Bus Stop to the MCDonalds car park with a Diet Coke waiting for me ( Specially ordered from the back of 5230  Big Grin  )   in my Familys car.

Then it was just a 10 Min drive back to Brockely Whins through the Tyne Tunnel and home.

I really enjoyed todays trip and hope to do my original plan of Haltwhistle and Alston sometime this year.

Thanks to Bazza and the other Enthusiast for accompanying me for a bit at Hexham Smile
and Thanks to Jimmi for his company for a few hours on this dreary day  Smile

I'm not heading to Kirkby Stephen tomorrow but I hope everyone enjoys it and enjoy your Easter holidays!

Thanks for Reading  Smile

Don't worry STL, I was late too.

(27 Mar 2016, 7:11 am)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Canny reviews there from Jimmi and South Tyne Lad, but Davie, disappointed in you my boy..standing at Cling On Corner Tongue
Sorry Citaro!
(27 Mar 2016, 10:20 am)Davie wrote [ -> ]
Don't worry STL, I was late too.

Sorry Citaro!

As usual....  Angel
On Tuesday I'm hoping to go to Wallsend, Cobalt and North Shields, so I can get the North Tyne Links MPD's on their last day in livery, I'm also hoping to try and track down 5243, 5244 and 5245 and get more photo's of the Metro Replacement's.
Ive just deleted my outing by accident but here it is again

My original plan was to get the 8:35 74 from Eldon Square to Hexham and meet Davie and DanPicken there, Though my bad idea of staying up till 2:00 AM didn't work for getting up at 7:00AM
I revised my plans and decided to wake up at 9:00 AM and get the 11:35 74 to Hexham, Although this resulted in me missing Davie and DanP ( There plan involved leaving Hexham before I got there )
So apologies to Davie and DanP for being late ( Again  Tongue  )

I left the house extremely late at 11:00 AM and dashed to the Metro in my Hoodie and Thermal Coat which was the worst choice of coat to bring on a humid day!
I made it to Brockly Whins Metro for 11:08 and bought my Explorer, I seen a mate from Primary days on the platform days but he didn't see me.

I took my place at the top of the Platform and took my thermal coat off and placed it in my backpack, When I tried to zip the backpack back up the zip snapped!
This involved me having to carry my backpack like a shopping bag for the rest of the day.

And so my journey begins :

J1 Brockely Whins Metro - Haymarket Metro Metrocar 4033

The same metrocar I got on a mere 2 days before on Thursday, The brakes were in need of oiling when the 36 Year old Metrocar pulled in front of me.
I took my place at the front seat facing towards the line, And started trying to fix the zip on my bag...
That's all I done that journey and after long, I arrived at Haymarket having given up trying to fix it and dashed towards Eldon Square with 3 Mins till departure of the 74.

J2 Eldon Square - Hexham Bus Station GNE 667

The official " Enthusiasts Bus " for this week, With me and 5 other Enthusiast's boarding this smart Solo, I took my place at the back on the Mercedes Engine, Accompinied by 2 other Enthusiast's.
We began chatting about transport related things, Involving talking about what type of seats the Solo has to the Enthusiast's past job at Train Operator Grand Central.
We chatted until Stamfordham, Where I moved to the empty row in front because of the ever increasing uncomfort of GNE's E-Leather over the Boiling Engine.
The Solo coped well with the route, Though the " Eco " Configuration of the Allison Gearbox didn't help when tackling the Inclines on this route, Which MPDs would tackle with ease back in the day.
The journey somewhat flew over and I arrived at Hexham Bus Station with Bazza and another Enthusiast snapping my Solo, I gave them the thumbs up and he came and greeted me after I disembarked.

Hexham

I had a quick chat with Bazza and the other Enthusiast before heading to Greggs for my Dinner, I returned after 15 Mins and me and Bazza got some photos of Various Hexham Solos and Solars.
Bazza and the other enthusiast were off back to Newcastle on the X85 having caught all bar one Solo in the Hexham Fleet from 9 in the Morning.
Just as Bazza and the other Enthuiast were boarding, A cuaght sight of Jimmi In the crowd, I said my goodbyes to Bazza and the other Enthusiast and I went and joined Jimmi for a good half hour.
We photographed 6084 making a rare appearance on the 10 and that was it, No More Buses appeared in Hexham for a good half hour!
Me and Jimmi got chatting and I thought about abandoning my plan of Haltwhistle and Alston and decided to Join Jimmi for a run to Corbridge.

J3 Hexham Bus Station - Corbridge Town Centre GNE 6073

I jumped on quickly and grabbed the front top deck seats, Jimmi was less fortunate, Being one of the last to get on but still joined me on the top deck, Sitting in the row behind me.
We chatted for most of the short journey and alighted in the centre of a busy Corbridge.

Corbridge

We tried getting a shot of two TEN B9TLs, Unfortunatly both of our shots failed and Jimmi decided to head near the bridge over the Tyne to get some photos -
Which turned out good and the photos are now on mine and jimmis Flickr Accounts now, Its a good spot for photos.

We soon started heading back to head back to Hexham on the    687   556 turned up blinded Not-In-Service and we boarded and took our places at the back of this grubby MPD.

J3 Corbridge - Hexham Bus Station  GNE 687

We departed Corbridge and chatted for most of this journey again, Jimmis plan was to alight at the Train Station and catch PCLs Dart to Wall Village.
He did so and me and Jimmi said our goodbyes and Jimmi alighted at the Train Station and I carried on to the Bus Station.

A Quick wait for the X85 was needed, and to my delight 5230 turned up.

J4 Hexham Bus Station - Eldon Square GNE 5230

5230 is a lovely Scania, Its ZF Gearbox also slipped a few times but was also smooth on the long stretch of A69 all the way to Denton Burn.
Was on my phone for quite a bit of the journey and didn't really take much in and before I knew it, I was at Eldon Square.

A Quick dash to Haymarket to get the 308 to get picked up from Silverlink by my Mam and Dad, Who returning from shopping at Highley Gate Garden Centre!
I was rushing that much I didn't notice Davie standing at Cling on Corner getting photos, He did get a photo of me on 7604 though I believe.

J5 Haymarket Bus Station - Silverlink ANE 7604

A limp DB300 waited for me in Haymarket and the driver put his foot to the floor to get nothing back from the Engine, Absolutely knackered but then are there any DB300s that arnt?

A quick walk from the Silverlink slip road Bus Stop to the MCDonalds car park with a Diet Coke waiting for me ( Specially ordered from the back of 5230  Big Grin  )   in my Familys car.

Then it was just a 10 Min drive back to Brockely Whins through the Tyne Tunnel and home.

I really enjoyed todays trip and hope to do my original plan of Haltwhistle and Alston sometime this year.

Thanks to Bazza and the other Enthusiast for accompanying me for a bit at Hexham Smile
and Thanks to Jimmi for his company for a few hours on this dreary day  Smile

I'm not heading to Kirkby Stephen tomorrow but I hope everyone enjoys it and enjoy your Easter holidays!

Thanks for Reading.
[quote='South Tyne Lad' pid='158500' dateline='1459080611']

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@...97038@N03/ My broken Backpack made it into Jimmis image Big Grin
(27 Mar 2016, 12:11 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]
(27 Mar 2016, 12:10 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]I took my place at the top of the Platform and took my thermal coat off and placed it in my backpack, When I tried to zip the backpack back up the zip snapped!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@...97038@N03/ My broken Backpack made it into Jimmis image  Big Grin
What a disaster, time for a new one then eh!
(27 Mar 2016, 12:11 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]I took my place at the top of the Platform and took my thermal coat off and placed it in my backpack, When I tried to zip the backpack back up the zip snapped!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@...97038@N03/ My broken Backpack made it into Jimmis image Big Grin

The worst thing about you leaving your bag on that wall was the fact you were stood some distance away from it when taking photos, so people were looking at it like it was a suspicious package, was fearful we were going to create a situation like in Durham the other day where there was a suspect package which resulted in part of the city being closed off, the package turned out to be full of DVD's!
(27 Mar 2016, 9:11 am)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Nope, it's not time restricted  Wink 

The good thing about arriva wifi is that every routes wifi is separate. So, if you're travelling in the 7, then the X12, then the X21, you'd have to sign up three times if you haven't used them before. Go North East seem to have the same wifi setup on all of their buses.

What exactly do you do on the wifi? the last time I exceeded my usage in 15 minutes was when I tried downloading an app! 

Missed this post.

I tend to mainly look at Facebook plus NEB on the Tapatalk app, sometimes a few websites. If I get on Sapphire 7 Pulsars and 22 StreetLite's, I seem to get an hour's usage for Sapphire services. I have no idea why this seems to be the case.
(27 Mar 2016, 8:13 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Missed this post.

I tend to mainly look at Facebook plus NEB on the Tapatalk app, sometimes a few websites. If I get on Sapphire 7 Pulsars and 22 StreetLite's, I seem to get an hour's usage for Sapphire services. I have no idea why this seems to be the case.

You can set loads of usage limits in the system like amount of data downloaded or time spent online etc, pretty clever little system to be honest.
(27 Mar 2016, 8:22 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]You can set loads of usage limits in the system like amount of data downloaded or time spent online etc, pretty clever little system to be honest.

Not clever if Arriva set an hours usage cap on the X18 though  Wink hasn't happened yet lol

Transport for Edinburgh's WiFi seems canny, 50MB usage limit before they slow you down. A map also loads when you sign in. Must be a pain to manage, every tram and bus I saw had it fitted.
I'd say setting a time limit is a bit daft when it's a free service. I can understand on paid services, where you're paying for an 30 mins / hour etc. Data limit makes a lot more sense on a free service, as that's where your cost is incurred.
(27 Mar 2016, 9:31 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]I'd say setting a time limit is a bit daft when it's a free service. I can understand on paid services, where you're paying for an 30 mins / hour etc. Data limit makes a lot more sense on a free service, as that's where your cost is incurred.

Is VTEC still 15mins free in standard?
In the past it was so slow, the 15mins were up by the time the first page loaded.
(27 Mar 2016, 9:33 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Is VTEC still 15mins free in standard?
In the past it was so slow, the 15mins were up by the time the first page loaded.

Aye, but VTEC WiFi is a waste of time. The mobile data infrastructure is near to non-existent through large parts of it. I've done 1st class between Edinburgh and Newcastle a couple of times, and I've got to the point of not bothering trying.
(27 Mar 2016, 9:35 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Aye, but VTEC WiFi is a waste of time. The mobile data infrastructure is near to non-existent through large parts of it. I've done 1st class between Edinburgh and Newcastle a couple of times, and I've got to the point of not bothering trying.

Hence asking the question, as I have given up trying on there too in addition to other operators.