North East Buses

Full Version: Bus Related Outings and Reviews
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07 Feb 2016, 12:53 am)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]6th February 2016

Tickets:- [Bus] Free promotional voucher (Arriva All Zones) £0.00 / [Rail] Under-16 Anytime Single 1st £4.95 / [Metro] Adult Zone A Single £1.70

0946 #X20 Ashington - Newcastle | Arriva Northumbria ADL ALX400/Volvo B7TL 7446

1030 #X11 Newcastle - Cramlington | Arriva Northumbria Wright Eclipse Gemini 2DL/VDL DB300 7625

1158 #X10 Cramlington - Newcastle | Arriva Northumbria Wright Eclipse Gemini 2DL/VDL DB300 7625

1250 #X12 Newcastle - Middlesbrough | Arriva Durham County Wright Pulsar 2/VDL SB200 1442

1557 #X66 Middlesbrough - Darlington | Arriva Durham County Scania OmniCity CN94UB 4654

1707 #7 Darlington - Durham | Arriva Durham County ADL Enviro400/ADL Trident 2 7540

1832 1E48 Durham - Newcastle | Arriva CrossCountry Class 220 Voyager 220026

1850 Yellow Central Station - Haymarket | Tyne and Wear Metro MetroCar 4011

1915 #X22 Newcastle - Ashington | Arriva Northumbria ADL Enviro400/ADL Trident 2 7526

2016 #1 Ashington - Seaton Hirst | Arriva Northumbria Dennis MPD 1763

A good outing yesterday, Jimmi joined me between 1030 and 1830. I decided to test out my new Canon DSLR today, and it performs very well, with colours and objects at high speed.

I have another free voucher to use, so I'm hoping on visiting Hexham on the 85/685 on Saturday, and if I feel up to it, Carlisle. I might have a look around Hexham and take some photos hoping for a recently repainted MPD until the next 85/685 turns up.

Today, I'm bored so I'll be taking photos in various places around Ashington, hopefully getting photos of the interesting manoeuvres that the X22 will have to do tomorrow.

The photos from yesterday are now on my Flickr, click on the link in my signature.

Tommy

Looks like a good day. Why didn't you get a child single on the Metro.
Outing on 07/02/16
1031 136. 635 Thompson road to southwick shops
1041. 35a. 5298.  Southwick shops to stadium way
1048. 20.    5217 wheatsheaf to cleadon village
1058. 30.  36464. Cleadon village to south shields
1145. Ferry. Spirit. South.  To. North
1204. 17A 550. North shields to tyne tunnel
1230. Pt1. Bg65vxs Tyne tunnel to Jarrow
1245. 27. 5330. Jarrow to south shields
1307 20. 4945 south shields to wheatsheaf
1333 56. 6096 wheatsheaf to southwick shops
1336. 135 628 southwick shops to Thompson road
Today well the achievers are
Some last rides on the pb scanias
A last ride on north Tyne links dart
And a first ride on bg65vxs.
A great day
Just a quick update about my outing yesterday. I travelled on GNE, GCT, Stagecoach and the Metro to Jarrow and South Shields visit small independent and non-psv operators. I visited the following despite the increasingly bad weather:

Gateshead Council – Shearlegs Road, Gateshead – spotted what I could in the yard including a new transit for Gateshead College. Unable to get the reg of this vehicle though. Also present Whickham School and Age UK vehicles.
Gateshead Central Taxis – had a good look around the yard, 6 deckers present. Plenty of interesting withdrawn stock.
Carruthers - Wardley Coaches – Proprietor’s son let me look round – got some good photos.
Age UK – Star Centre, Hebburn – Single Renault Traffic present, one of a pair of identical vehicles.
St Josephs School – 16 seat Maxus present. They also have 2 Transits, not present during this visit.
Spayne – MS Travel – Operator appears to have ceased.
Hebburn Comprehensive – Iveco Daily present, Variety Club.
HCI Care Home - Witty Avenue, Hebburn – Renault Master present.
Keelmans Way School – Peugeot Boxer and Iveco Daily (Variety Club) present.
Laws – Lotus Travel – Oxford Crescent, Hebburn – restricted licence recently revoked, operator has just applied for standard national o-licence – Ford Transit present.
Convery – Harron Minibuses – Howe Street, Jarrow – Ford Transit operated – no vehicles present during this visit.
Gateshead Central Taxis – Albert Street, Jarrow – former operating centre, withdrawn vehicles still present are 2 Renault Traffics and a VW Transporter with I believe Bluebird bodywork
Withers – Traveline – Oak Street, Jarrow – operator appears to have ceased.
Nicholas/Bell –Viking Travel – Maple Street, Jarrow – operator appears to have ceased, now seems to be working for Dial A Cab.
Thoburn – Dels – Beech Street, Jarrow – operator has just applied for a 4 vehicle international o-licence, no vehicles present at residence
Jarrow Bus Station – got some OK photos here, preferred it in the 1980s when GNE had a garage with an allocation of dual door Atlanteans.
Wilkinson – Tyne Dock – full fleet appeared to be present.
A & J Coaches – Tyne Dock – owner operator, sole vehicle is a Volvo B10, present. Security at Tyne Dock is strict and I could only spot from a distance.
Pippet – Budget Buses – Taylor Street, Shields – operator appears to have ceased and seems to be working as a taxi driver.
Milldam Portland – Shrewsbury Terrace, Shields – not the main operating centre but a Ford Transit present.
Mortimer Community College – Reading Road, Shields – Peugeot Boxer present.
Ashleigh Primary – Temple Park Road, Shields – Ford Transit present also Citroen Relay belonging to Laygate School
Busways – Chichester – not much stock in the garage unsurprising given time of day. Preserved decker present though.
Dial A Cab/Tate – Laygate, Shields – number of Transits and non-psvs present including withdrawn stock. Plenty of this operator’s taxis observed during the day. Recently granted a standard national o-licence.
Harkers – Tudor Road, Shields – cracking location, increasingly rare withdrawn stock. Main garage was open, was OK to get some photos. Rain quite heavy though so did not come out well.
Sports Recycle, Henry Robson Way, Shields – Section 19 Operator – secure industrial estate with electric gate. Did not want to try and enter after my experience at Sleekburn.
Mission To Seafarers – Harton Quay, Shields – Ford Transit present which looked like it had seen better days.
Shields Bus Station – got some OK photos here mainly of newish Stagecoach Stock but also of GNE Wrightbus stock working the 20/20A and Citaros on the 27.
City Richmond/Dels – Victoria Road, Shields – two transits present here one of which was brand new.
Tiffin – A2B Travel – Westhoe Road, Shields – no vehicles present, operator appears to have ceased.
Westhoe Crown Primary, Shields – two deckers present both used as classrooms/libraries for the children. One of them is ex-Stagecoach.
Bamburgh School, Shields – 14 year old LDV present, last stop of the day rain was too heavy and I was getting soaked so decided to call it a day.

I managed to visit over 25 operators (non psv included) and got some good photos. You may wish to ask how much this trip cost, well it was £2.00. The cost of a Tandori Chicken Baguette from Greggs. I also got a nice lamp fitting at Wilkos. I used my travel pass for all my journeys. I could have used a Tyne and Wear day ticket for around £7.00. Last weekend I forked out £15 to visit two locations at Annitsford and Acomb. Perhaps I should start organising trips…now all I need is the reg of Gateshead College’s new transit.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Charles
(07 Feb 2016, 3:02 pm)Charles41 wrote [ -> ]Just a quick update about my outing yesterday. I travelled on GNE, GCT, Stagecoach and the Metro to Jarrow and South Shields visit small independent and non-psv operators. I visited the following despite the increasingly bad weather:

Gateshead Council – Shearlegs Road, Gateshead – spotted what I could in the yard including a new transit for Gateshead College. Unable to get the reg of this vehicle though. Also present Whickham School and Age UK vehicles.
Gateshead Central Taxis – had a good look around the yard, 6 deckers present. Plenty of interesting withdrawn stock.
Carruthers - Wardley Coaches – Proprietor’s son let me look round – got some good photos.
Age UK – Star Centre, Hebburn – Single Renault Traffic present, one of a pair of identical vehicles.
St Josephs School – 16 seat Maxus present. They also have 2 Transits, not present during this visit.
Laws – Lotus Travel – Oxford Crescent, Hebburn – restricted licence recently revoked, operator has just applied for standard national o-licence – Ford Transit present.
Convery – Harron Minibuses – Howe Street, Jarrow – Ford Transit operated – no vehicles present during this visit.
Gateshead Central Taxis – Albert Street, Jarrow – former operating centre, withdrawn vehicles still present are 2 Renault Traffics and a VW Transporter with I believe Bluebird bodywork
Nicholas/Bell –Viking Travel – Maple Street, Jarrow – operator appears to have ceased, now seems to be working for Dial A Cab.
Thoburn – Dels – Beech Street, Jarrow – operator has just applied for a 4 vehicle international o-licence, no vehicles present at residence
Jarrow Bus Station – got some OK photos here, preferred it in the 1980s when GNE had a garage with an allocation of dual door Atlanteans.
A & J Coaches – Tyne Dock – owner operator, sole vehicle is a Volvo B10, present. Security at Tyne Dock is strict and I could only spot from a distance.
Pippet – Budget Buses – Taylor Street, Shields – operator appears to have ceased and seems to be working as a taxi driver.
Milldam Portland – Shrewsbury Terrace, Shields – not the main operating centre but a Ford Transit present.
Ashleigh Primary – Temple Park Road, Shields – Ford Transit present also Citroen Relay belonging to Laygate School
Busways – Chichester – not much stock in the garage unsurprising given time of day. Preserved decker present though.
Dial A Cab/Tate – Laygate, Shields – number of Transits and non-psvs present including withdrawn stock. Plenty of this operator’s taxis observed during the day. Recently granted a standard national o-licence.
Harkers – Tudor Road, Shields – cracking location, increasingly rare withdrawn stock. Main garage was open, was OK to get some photos. Rain quite heavy though so did not come out well.
Sports Recycle, Henry Robson Way, Shields – Section 19 Operator – secure industrial estate with electric gate. Did not want to try and enter after my experience at Sleekburn.
Mission To Seafarers – Harton Quay, Shields – Ford Transit present which looked like it had seen better days.
Shields Bus Station – got some OK photos here mainly of newish Stagecoach Stock but also of GNE Wrightbus stock working the 20/20A and Citaros on the 27.
City Richmond/Dels – Victoria Road, Shields – two transits present here one of which was brand new.
Tiffin – A2B Travel – Westhoe Road, Shields – no vehicles present, operator appears to have ceased.
Westhoe Crown Primary, Shields – two deckers present both used as classrooms/libraries for the children. One of them is ex-Stagecoach.
Bamburgh School, Shields – 14 year old LDV present, last stop of the day rain was too heavy and I was getting soaked so decided to call it a day.

I managed to visit over 25 operators (non psv included) and got some good photos. You may wish to ask how much this trip cost, well it was £2.00. The cost of a Tandori Chicken Baguette from Greggs. I also got a nice lamp fitting at Wilkos. I used my travel pass for all my journeys. I could have used a Tyne and Wear day ticket for around £7.00. Last weekend I forked out £15 to visit two locations at Annitsford and Acomb. Perhaps I should start organising trips…now all I need is the reg of Gateshead College’s new transit.

Charles

my old school was indeed Bamburgh School some memories were ok some were bad best class was 2006 was amazing sure was a good class one of the students had the same birthday as me for a joke we used to say happy birthday to each other when our birthdays came one day when i was there it was pointless brining a pencil as i was on 2 trips i was tempted to bunk off a few times but could not be bothered met a few great people one of which has supported me through everything my pal Michael i have met some good people in that school some i keep in contact today that how my dream of going to NASA first started studying about the systems i used to enjoy Xmas there as we had the choice of 2 trips and was epic most of class of 2006 was just amazing we all gelled in and got stuck in whatever happened around us i was milk monitor for the full seniors and i enjoyed it kept me warm for one thing at least and worse thing was when i ended up leaving the football team i had no intention it was the staff who made me i was a tackler in my later years was like a roy keane for the ball although i was glad to leave that school disaster stuck me closer to home where my Grandma had died and my world i felt was lost she looked after me and my sister i was so upset about loosing someone who i was close to who i helped out in her final years doing the shopping with my step-granda and waiting for my dad to help her out too my last words to grandma was "your the best grandma in the world" her memory and legacy lives on in the family
(07 Feb 2016, 3:02 pm)Charles41 wrote [ -> ]Just a quick update about my outing yesterday. I travelled on GNE, GCT, Stagecoach and the Metro to Jarrow and South Shields visit small independent and non-psv operators. I visited the following despite the increasingly bad weather:

Charles
Great review, Charles. ;-)

Charles

my old school was indeed Bamburgh School some memories were ok some were bad best class was 2006 was amazing sure was a good class one of the students had the same birthday as me for a joke we used to say happy birthday to each other when our birthdays came one day when i was there it was pointless brining a pencil as i was on 2 trips i was tempted to bunk off a few times but could not be bothered met a few great people one of which has supported me through everything my pal Michael i have met some good people in that school some i keep in contact today that how my dream of going to NASA first started studying about the systems i used to enjoy Xmas there as we had the choice of 2 trips and was epic most of class of 2006 was just amazing we all gelled in and got stuck in whatever happened around us i was milk monitor for the full seniors and i enjoyed it kept me warm for one thing at least and worse thing was when i ended up leaving the football team i had no intention it was the staff who made me i was a tackler in my later years was like a roy keane for the ball although i was glad to leave that school disaster stuck me closer to home where my Grandma had died and my world i felt was lost she looked after me and my sister i was so upset about loosing someone who i was close to who i helped out in her final years doing the shopping with my step-granda and waiting for my dad to help her out too my last words to grandma was "your the best grandma in the world" her memory and legacy lives on in the family
(07 Feb 2016, 7:46 am)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Looks like a good day. Why didn't you get a child single on the Metro.

I'm too old for child fares on Metro. They're for under-14s only.
(07 Feb 2016, 4:12 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]I'm too old for child fares on Metro. They're for under-14s only.

Ah, I thought it was U16.
(07 Feb 2016, 4:19 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Ah, I thought it was U16.

Under 16 with a POP card - which Tommy doesn't have, as he doesn't live in Tyne & Wear.
At the moment, I'm trying to get some rides on the Lowlander's before they bite the dust. Annoyingly I went to Crook yesterday and ended with Sapphire Streetlite 1595 on the 46 to Durham, typical especially as I just missed 7444 by about a minute in Crook. Hopefully I'll do better in the upcoming weeks.
(09 Feb 2016, 8:36 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]At the moment, I'm trying to get some rides on the Lowlander's before they bite the dust. Annoyingly I went to Crook yesterday and ended with Sapphire Streetlite 1595 on the 46 to Durham, typical especially as I just missed 7444 by about a minute in Crook. Hopefully I'll do better in the upcoming weeks.

1595 is on its home turf, today. Now's your chance Wink
Monday I will photograph vehicles in a top secret location I have never been before clue is there football team is rubbish
(12 Feb 2016, 1:01 am)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]Monday I will photograph vehicles in a top secret location I have never been before clue is there football team is rubbish

So you're going to the corner then?

Smile

Charles
(12 Feb 2016, 9:59 am)Charles41 wrote [ -> ]So you're going to the corner then?

Smile

Charles

haha...Is that Cling On Corner?
(12 Feb 2016, 1:01 am)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]Monday I will photograph vehicles in a top secret location I have never been before clue is there football team is rubbish

West Allotment Celtic? Won't photograph much going past there.
(12 Feb 2016, 9:59 am)Charles41 wrote [ -> ]So you're going to the corner then?

Smile

Charles
Nope not in the north east
(12 Feb 2016, 10:23 am)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]haha...Is that Cling On Corner?
Nope it's not in the north east 
(12 Feb 2016, 1:52 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]West Allotment Celtic? Won't photograph much going past there.
My last quote said there local football team is rubbish not even in the premier league they were once but we're only a one off
(12 Feb 2016, 1:57 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]My last quote said there local football team is rubbish not even in the premier league they were once but we're only a one off

Hull?
He didn't specify which premier league, my guess is Partick Thistle.
(12 Feb 2016, 3:07 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Hull?
Nope not in the championship either 
(12 Feb 2016, 3:09 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]He didn't specify which premier league, my guess is Partick Thistle.

Nope nowhere near its not even in Scotland
Wigan?