North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Service Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08 Sep 2014, 3:01 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]No, the 1 would remain entirely operated by Blyth depot given the PVR increase at Ashington (under the plan, Blyth's would decrease by 1 while Ashington increases by 5 - 1 on the X20/20, 3 on the X20/20a and 1 on X17, the other X17 would be a reallocated vehicle from the present 33/57a/X14 rota).
As for sending them to Arriva, I have other means of possibly passing them to Arriva Wink

So there is a great chance of them going ahead? Big Grin
I wonder if this will work?

Service X24 – Metrocentre-Washington-Durham

Durham Bus Station – 50
Framwellgate Moor – 56
Plawsworth Red Lion –01
Chester-le-St arrive – 08
Chester-le-St depart – 11
Picktree Village – 17
Lambton – 25
Washington Galleries – 30
Metrocentre Interchange – 50
Metrocentre Interchange – 05
Washington Galleries – 27
Lambton – 30
Picktree Village – 38
Chester-le-St arrive – 44
Chester-le-St depart – 47
Plawsworth Red Lion – 54
Framwellgate Moor – 59
Durham North Road– 05

Service 42 – Durham to Brasside
Durham North Road – 10
Framwellgate Moor – 16
Arnison Centre – 21
Brasside HMP – 25

Brasside HMP – 27
Arnison Centre – 31
Framwellgate Moor – 36
Durham Bus Station - 42
Tom - no need to change the 42 - it's becoming the 62 in October and interworking with the new 61 which effectively replace Scarlet Band's 252.
(14 Sep 2014, 3:01 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Tom - no need to change the 42 - it's becoming the 62 in October and interworking with the new 61 which effectively replace Scarlet Band's 252.

Of course  Rolleyes
Forgot about that - anything else it could interwork with?
(14 Sep 2014, 3:00 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I wonder if this will work?

Service X24 – Metrocentre-Washington-Durham

Durham Bus Station – 50
Framwellgate Moor – 56
Plawsworth Red Lion –01
Chester-le-St arrive – 08
Chester-le-St depart – 11
Picktree Village – 17
Lambton – 25
Washington Galleries – 30
Metrocentre Interchange – 50
Metrocentre Interchange – 05
Washington Galleries – 27
Lambton – 30
Picktree Village – 38
Chester-le-St arrive – 44
Chester-le-St depart – 47
Plawsworth Red Lion – 54
Framwellgate Moor – 59
Durham North Road– 05

Service 42 – Durham to Brasside
Durham North Road – 10
Framwellgate Moor – 16
Arnison Centre – 21
Brasside HMP – 25

Brasside HMP – 27
Arnison Centre – 31
Framwellgate Moor – 36
Durham Bus Station - 42
The 42 and X24 wouldn't be able to interwork since there is a very low bridge at Brasside which would prevent deckers.
(14 Sep 2014, 3:48 pm)palatine3833 wrote [ -> ]The 42 and X24 wouldn't be able to interwork since there is a very low bridge at Brasside which would prevent deckers.

Are double decked vehicles required on the X24 at times besides Christmas?
I shared a mid-afternoon run towards Metrocentre the other week with just two others...
Most days the X24 could get away with using Pulsars.
(14 Sep 2014, 4:01 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Are double decked vehicles required on the X24 at times besides Christmas?
I shared a mid-afternoon run towards Metrocentre the other week with just two others...

I think it's only because during school terms it does the 854 and 24X, so it says on the runout sheet 'Dennis Trident Double Deck' and that's what they allocate even during holidays
The X24 doesn't run during school term time though.
Wonder if this could work?

Blyth Bus Station – 25
Newsham Black Diamond – 35
Horton Dr/Hauxley Dr – 47
Parkside, Porchester Drive - 51
Cramlington Shops – 56
High Pit – 01
Seaton Deleval – 10
Hollywell – 13
Northumberland Park – 19
Cobalt P&G – 24
Middle Engine Lane – 27
Churchill Street – 31
Rosehill – 34
Wallsend Metro – 41
(15 Sep 2014, 5:21 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Wonder if this could work?

Blyth Bus Station – 25
Newsham Black Diamond – 35
Horton Dr/Hauxley Dr – 47
Parkside, Porchester Drive - 51
Cramlington Shops – 56
High Pit – 01
Seaton Deleval – 10
Hollywell – 13
Northumberland Park – 19
Cobalt P&G – 24
Middle Engine Lane – 27
Churchill Street – 31
Rosehill – 34
Wallsend Metro – 41

How about operating via the A19 (in full or part) between Moor Farm and Northumberland Park?
It would be quicker than anything else between Cramlington and Cobalt - meaning it could attract customers, who would prefer the quicker journey time.
You also have the new hospital which is being constructed off the Moor Farm roundabout.
Service X51 (Monday to Friday every 10 minutes / evenings every 20 minutes and Sunday daytime every 15 minutes) serving: Haymarket to the MetroCentre non stop.

One bus every 20 mins Monday to Saturday daytime would continue from the MetroCentre and operate as....

Service X52 serving MetroCentre to Regent Centre non stop.
(29 Sep 2014, 10:07 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]Service X51 (Monday to Friday every 10 minutes / evenings every 20 minutes and Sunday daytime every 15 minutes) serving: Haymarket to the MetroCentre non stop.

One bus every 20 mins Monday to Saturday daytime would continue from the MetroCentre and operate as....

Service X52 serving MetroCentre to Regent Centre non stop.

I don't see the point in the X52.
27 - Peterlee - Houghton - Chester-le-Street
28 - Peterlee - Paradise Estate - Easington Village - Durham
(02 Oct 2014, 7:02 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]27 - Peterlee - Houghton - Chester-le-Street
28 - Peterlee - Paradise Estate - Easington Village - Durham

Re: 27 suggestion is GNE territory, Arriva gived Peterlee to Chester-le-street to GNE.

Re: 28 wont happen as Arriva decided to pull out on majority of those estates on your proposed route for not being profitable.
Stockton - Peterlee (via 21 route) - Dalton Park - Seaham - Houghton - Chester - express (alternating with x2) to Newcastle.
Arriva ashington should coincider this route 
From newcastle via regent centre to wideopen through seaton burn along a1 to to Clifton to loansdean 
To morpeth along a1 to alnwick then straight to scram restore to berwick
I still cant see Arriva warranting a 15 minute frequency between Easington and Ryhope, passengers from Peterlee areas traveling to Sunderland doesn't want to be sitting on the bus any longer than their have to and adding further delays by picking local passengers at the Sunderland end.

First time yesterday being on the X21, l like the blue seats, but the bus was picking up passengers at the Ryhope to Sunderland section and stopping to pick passengers up 80% of the bus stops, the bus stopped more times than I ever had when I travelled on the 23/24 to Sunderland.  most of the passengers were free travel anyway, as most passengers waiting  at the bus stops would have GNE tickets/passes as GNE has a higher frequency.

Would of perfered to see service 22 from Durham to Peterlee then continue to Sunderland as service X22 every 30 minutes via 22 route to Easington Village then onto the A19 from there, and have only service 23 operating on all stopper and have the service entering Dalton Park instead of service 22.
Building on what had been mentioned in the GNE thread about lack of services to Doxford Park and potentially the company losing out on ticket sales - not to mention the issues with the X35.

Peterlee - A19 - Dalton Park/Murton - Seaham Town Centre - Ryhope - Doxford Park - Doxford International - A690 - Park Lane.

Connections possible to existing ANE services and ticket holders, new connections opened, residents across East Durham no longer need multi-operator tickets nor need to change buses at Park Lane or Ryhope to get to work.
Idea for Whitby Park and Ride 171:

Think about operating it all year round - i went past the site today and the bus in was already packed with loads more to get on. The previous journeys i have seen prior to today have been packed too. Certainly warranting bigger buses and/or an increase in frequency.