North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Service Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(30 Jan 2015, 3:34 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Well there was the Vosa Cancellation of the X93, So depending on what the crack is there then you could have 6 B9TLs Free.

In its current form is there any need for the X93 to be Hourly during the Winter/Early Spring, do many people use the Service during this time to travel to Whitby and Scarborough from Middlesbrough, and would it be worth reducing it to Every 2 Hours during this time of Year maybe, Never used the Service before so im thinking outside the box here.

Just thinking here, you could have the X93/X94 running Every 2 Hours, Maintaining the current Hourly Service between Middlesbrough and Scarborough, PVR would then be split to 3 Vehicles each.

Of course since the changes last year the X93 is the only service from Guisborogh to Whitby.
(30 Jan 2015, 4:37 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Or, rather than 'for' or 'then', they fit the tachos and (however daft the rules may be), follow the EU legislation - rather than look for loopholes.

No confusion for passengers. Jobs a good un.

I appreciate why operators look for these loopholes, after all it gives them flexibility and saves money - but it won't be long before the beaurocrats in Brussells catch on to it and outlaw it.

Unless we have pulled out of the EU by then hopefully.
(30 Jan 2015, 6:40 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Don't think anything has been decided for certain yet but if so I'd think it will only be 2 deckers transferring, not "at least 3"

If they only get two there won't be a Max spare which won't be good.
(30 Jan 2015, 8:08 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]ARRIVA Route 1:
Changes Summary: All journeys Mon-Sat terminate at Wansbeck Hospital. Updated 15 minute frequency, 12 minutes layover at Blyth.
Monday-Saturday Daytimes: PVR 4

Blyth Bus Station... 00..15..30..45
North Farm............ 04..19..34..49
Cowpen Shops...... 08..23..38..53
Bebside ASDA...... 13..28..43..58
B'lington Stn Cafe.. 19..34..49..04
S'ford Half Moon.... 25..40..55..10
N Seaton Elephant 28..43..58..13
Ashington Bus Stn. 34..49..04..19
Wansbeck Hospital 38..53..08..23

Wansbeck Hospital 40..55..10..25
Ashington Bus Stn. 44..59..14..29
N Seaton Elephant 50..05..20..35
S'ford Half Moon.... 53..08..23..38
B'lington Stn Cafe.. 59..14..29..44
Bebside ASDA....... 05..20..35..50
Cowpen Shops....... 10..25..40..55
North Farm............. 14..29..44..59
Blyth Bus Station.... 18..33..48..03

Sunday: PVR 1

Blyth Bus Station... 00
North Farm............ 03
Cowpen Shops...... 07
Bebside ASDA...... 11
B'lington Stn Cafe.. 14
S'ford Half Moon.... 20
N Seaton Elephant 23
Ashington Bus Stn. 27

Ashington Bus Stn. 30
N Seaton Elephant 34
S'ford Half Moon.... 37
B'lington Stn Cafe.. 43
Bebside ASDA....... 46
Cowpen Shops....... 50
North Farm............. 54
Blyth Bus Station.... 57
Been thinking today, if there are a lot of passengers using it from Ashington to Blyth, which I imagine there will be, maybe a X1 could work, something like this.
Blyth Bus Station 
Bebside ASDA 
(Spine Road)
Wansbeck Hospital 
Ashington Bus Station 

Will try and look at times etc later if I get time, but they could maybe look at doing the normal 1 every 30 mins, with an X1 running at the same frequency. Meaning that there is still a combined 15 minute frequency
(31 Jan 2015, 2:38 pm)Cock Robin wrote [ -> ]Of course since the changes last year the X93 is the only service from Guisborogh to Whitby.
What were the Services like before that though between Guisborough and Whitby, only just started taking more of an Interest in Arriva and I am rather unfamiliar with there Services.
There used to be a half hourly 5 M'bro- Guisborough -Whitby but the Easington to Whtby section was put on the X4 instead last year, so going via Redcar instead of Guisborough.
(31 Jan 2015, 2:51 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Been thinking today, if there are a lot of passengers using it from Ashington to Blyth, which I imagine there will be, maybe a X1 could work, something like this.
Blyth Bus Station 
Bebside ASDA 
(Spine Road)
Wansbeck Hospital 
Ashington Bus Station 

Will try and look at times etc later if I get time, but they could maybe look at doing the normal 1 every 30 mins, with an X1 running at the same frequency. Meaning that there is still a combined 15 minute frequency
                                        X1   X1
Blyth Bus Station......... 00...30
Bebside ASDA ............. 09...39
Wansbeck Hospital...... 18...48
Ashington Bus Station. 22...52

Ashington Bus Station. 30...00
Wansbeck Hospital...... 34...04
Bebside ASDA.............. 43...13
Blyth Bus Station......... 52...22

2 buses needed, and it cuts 8 minutes off the current journey time.
(31 Jan 2015, 3:24 pm)Cock Robin wrote [ -> ]There used to be a half hourly 5 M'bro- Guisborough -Whitby but the Easington to Whtby section was put on the X4 instead last year, so going via Redcar instead of Guisborough.
Could still be potential in that link though between Guisborough and Whitby, im actually amazed that people living in Guisborough have went from having 3 Buses an Hour to just one, obviously the link is maintained through Service 4 from Easington onwards to Whitby, would actually love to know roughly how many Passengers make that connection using Services 4 and 5 to/from Whitby on a Daily Basis, I cant see any reason why that direct link couldnt be maintained, you could always Interwork Services 4/5, Bringing the 4 into the Sapphire Network and thus potentially creating more Profit/Growth for those Services.
(31 Jan 2015, 4:34 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Could still be potential in that link though between Guisborough and Whitby, im actually amazed that people living in Guisborough have went from having 3 Buses an Hour to just one, obviously the link is maintained through Service 4 from Easington onwards to Whitby, would actually love to know roughly how many Passengers make that connection using Services 4 and 5 to/from Whitby on a Daily Basis, I cant see any reason why that direct link couldnt be maintained, you could always Interwork Services 4/5, Bringing the 4 into the Sapphire Network and thus potentially creating more Profit/Growth for those Services.

The 4 currently interworks with the X4 as a split registration with the point they are split being Loftus Market Place and the 4 is part of the Sapphire network as it runs off the X4.

Not sure how the 5 turns round in Easington or where exactly the terminus is but it could maybe continue to Whitby maybe as the 4A or another number which would provide a service between Brotton and Whitby roughly every 15 minutes.

I'd probably leave the 4/X4 alone as it looks to be proving to be pretty popular.

I have no idea how many people actually used to travel to/from Guisborough to these places on the way to Whitby and you'd think anyone from Guisborough heading to Whitby would get the X93.
(31 Jan 2015, 5:03 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Not sure how the 5 turns round in Easington or where exactly the terminus is but it could maybe continue to Whitby maybe as the 4A or another number which would provide a service between Brotton and Whitby roughly every 15 minutes.

I'd probably leave the 4/X4 alone as it looks to be proving to be pretty popular.

I have no idea how many people actually used to travel to/from Guisborough to these places on the way to Whitby and you'd think anyone from Guisborough heading to Whitby would get the X93.

The 5s turn down Grinkle Lane at Easington Church to reach Twizziegill View before carrying on out of Easington to a small turning circle just outside (as seen here (photo @ Alex Kennedy)) - the same location is also where the peak X4s terminate.

Loadings from Guisborough to Whitby via Loftus were never high hence the decision to put the Loftus-Whitby section on the X4. Most journeys from Guisborough were for destinations along the coast rather than to Whitby.
(31 Jan 2015, 8:36 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]The 5s turn down Grinkle Lane at Easington Church to reach Twizziegill View before carrying on out of Easington to a small turning circle just outside (as seen here (photo @ Alex Kennedy)) - the same location is also where the peak X4s terminate.

Loadings from Guisborough to Whitby via Loftus were never high hence the decision to put the Loftus-Whitby section on the X4. Most journeys from Guisborough were for destinations along the coast rather than to Whitby.
That looks like a nice spot on a Sunny Day for Photographs, and thanks for the further info in regards to the 4/5 Kuyoyo, I certainly though more people may of used Guisborough to Whitby more directly, rather than hopping on/off along the coast.
(31 Jan 2015, 9:01 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]That looks like a nice spot on a Sunny Day for Photographs, and thanks for the further info in regards to the 4/5 Kuyoyo, I certainly though more people may of used Guisborough to Whitby more directly, rather than hopping on/off along the coast.

The sun is best later in the day at Twizziegill, mornings are utterly useless. Buses tend to layover there for around 5 minutes during the daytime.

In terms of the Guisborough-Whitby link, I'd be amazed if many people used the 5 from there given the X93 takes half the time to get there. There are still connections available at Loftus (timed for around 10 mins in both directions) for people from Skelton to get to the coast and Whitby, and through fares are available. A surprising amount of people do utilise this facility too.
ARRIVA Sapphire Routes X21/X22/X23
Newbiggin and Ashington to Bedlington and Newcastle

X21 Newbiggin Sea Crest Road, Cresswell Arms, Front Street, Wansbeck Hospital, (A197), Ashington Bus Station, Laburnum Terrace, Milburn Road, The Elephant, North Seaton Crossing, Stakeford Half Moon, Ashington DriveGuide Post Clinic, Bedlington Police Station, Bedlington Front Street, Red Lion, Hartford Road, Plessey Checks, (A1), non-stop along Great North Road, Regent Centre, Barras Bridge, Newcastle Haymarket

X22 Ashington Bus Station, Duke Street, Park Road, usual X22 route to, Stakeford Half Moon, Bomarsand, Bedlington Station, Bedlington Front Street, Red Lion, Hartford Road, Plessey Checks, (A1), non-stop along Great North Road, Regent Centre, Barras Bridge, Newcastle Haymarket.

New X23 Newbiggin Cresswell Arms, Front Street, Wansbeck Hospital, Woodhorn Road, Ashington Bus Station, High Market, Rotary Parkway, Ashington Bus Station, Laburnum Terrace, Milburn Road, The Elephant, North Seaton Crossing, Stakeford Half Moon, Bomarsund, Bedlington Station, Bedlington Front Street, Red Lion, Nedderton, Hartford Bridge, Plessey Checks, (A1), non-stop along Great North Road, Regent Centre, Newcastle Haymarket 

Places in bold are variations to the route.
This suggestion is based around the future new bus station in Ashington.
All services run every 30 minutes.
(11 Feb 2015, 5:28 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]ARRIVA Sapphire Routes X21/X22/X23
Newbiggin and Ashington to Bedlington and Newcastle

X21 Newbiggin Sea Crest Road, Cresswell Arms, Front Street, Wansbeck Hospital, (A197), Ashington Bus Station, Laburnum Terrace, Milburn Road, The Elephant, North Seaton Crossing, Stakeford Half Moon, Ashington Drive, Guide Post Clinic, Bedlington Police Station, Bedlington Front Street, Red Lion, Hartford Road, Plessey Checks, (A1), non-stop along Great North Road, Regent Centre, Barras Bridge, Newcastle Haymarket

X22 Ashington Bus Station, Duke Street, Park Road, usual X22 route to, Stakeford Half Moon, Bomarsand, Bedlington Station, Bedlington Front Street, Red Lion, Hartford Road, Plessey Checks, (A1), non-stop along Great North Road, Regent Centre, Barras Bridge, Newcastle Haymarket.

New X23 Newbiggin Cresswell Arms, Front Street, Wansbeck Hospital, Woodhorn Road, Ashington Bus Station, High Market, Rotary Parkway, Ashington Bus Station, Laburnum Terrace, Milburn Road, The Elephant, North Seaton Crossing, Stakeford Half Moon, Bomarsund, Bedlington Station, Bedlington Front Street, Red Lion, Nedderton, Hartford Bridge, Plessey Checks, (A1), non-stop along Great North Road, Regent Centre, Newcastle Haymarket 

Places in bold are variations to the route.
This suggestion is based around the future new bus station in Ashington.
All services run every 30 minutes.
Future new bus station?
(13 Feb 2015, 7:00 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Future new bus station?

Go to page 12 look in front of the Asda car park: Redevelopment Plan
I've been thinking tonight about some changes to Blyth's 2 service, as follows:

2- Current route, running every 30 minutes, instead of the current 20.

2A- Blyth Bus Station- Cowpen Shops- Bebside ASDA - Bebside Road (A193) - Bedlington Front Street- Red House Farm- Nedderton- A192- Morpeth- Kirkhill

The 2A would also run every 30 minutes, so with the 2 there would be a combined 15 minute frequency between Morpeth, Bedlington and Blyth.
The 2A could cut nearly 10 minutes off journey times, if I've done the maths right. It would also provide a better service to Morpeth to those in Nedderton and those living on the A193 (the road the X5 uses). I'll have a look at doing a timetable later, but what are peoples thoughts?
(13 Feb 2015, 7:12 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]I've been thinking tonight about some changes to Blyth's 2 service, as follows:

2- Current route, running every 30 minutes, instead of the current 20.

2A- Blyth Bus Station- Cowpen Shops- Bebside ASDA - Bebside Road (A193) - Bedlington Front Street- Red House Farm- Nedderton- A192- Morpeth- Kirkhill

The 2A would also run every 30 minutes, so with the 2 there would be a combined 15 minute frequency between Morpeth, Bedlington and Blyth.
The 2A could cut nearly 10 minutes off journey times, if I've done the maths right. It would also provide a better service to Morpeth to those in Nedderton and those living on the A193 (the road the X5 uses). I'll have a look at doing a timetable later, but what are peoples thoughts?

The Nedderton part sounds good, as my proposed X21/22/23 can now go down Hartford Road, as there will be connections at Red Lion for Newcastle and Ashington services.
(13 Feb 2015, 7:18 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]The Nedderton part sounds good, as my proposed X21/22/23 can now go down Hartford Road, as there will be connections at Red Lion for Newcastle and Ashington services.

I still think you need to send at least one of the X21/22 through Nedderton, and that side of Bedlington. There is one massive estate, and the estate that the current 2 goes around. Also, going off what I was told by my friend (who lives in Bedlington) there is going to be a new housing estate built adjacent to the current big one, I'll try and sort out a Google Maps link.

Hope this works, the dark green field: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.134060...a=!3m1!1e3

Also, with regard to the Ashington Bus Station can't find it anywhere, are there any impression diagrams/ maps? Smile
(13 Feb 2015, 7:23 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]I still think you need to send at least one of the X21/22 through Nedderton, and that side of Bedlington. There is one massive estate, and the estate that the current 2 goes around. Also, going off what I was told by my friend (who lives in Bedlington) there is going to be a new housing estate built adjacent to the current big one, I'll try and sort out a Google Maps link.

Also, with regard to the Ashington Bus Station can't find it anywhere, are there any impression diagrams/ maps? Smile

Go to the post after you were asking about the future bus station, click the link, go to page 12, look at the bottom left hand side of the Asda car park, you should see white shelters and blue buses. 
(13 Feb 2015, 7:23 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]I still think you need to send at least one of the X21/22 through Nedderton, and that side of Bedlington. There is one massive estate, and the estate that the current 2 goes around. Also, going off what I was told by my friend (who lives in Bedlington) there is going to be a new housing estate built adjacent to the current big one, I'll try and sort out a Google Maps link.

Hope this works, the dark green field: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.134060...a=!3m1!1e3

Ah, might keep the X23 going past, possibly serving if the estate is "bus friendly".