North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Service Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01 Nov 2014, 7:36 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Idea for Whitby Park and Ride 171:

Think about operating it all year round - i went past the site today and the bus in was already packed with loads more to get on. The previous journeys i have seen prior to today have been packed too. Certainly warranting bigger buses and/or an increase in frequency.

I believe 'improvements' are planned for next year. I think its taken everyone by surprise just how popular it has been.

Dont forget though, its Goth Weekend at Whitby this weekend, which would naturally draw more people than usual.
Service 36

Ashington to Morpeth Railway Station via Pegswood and Morpeth Bus Station

Ashington Bus Station 07
Pegswood Stores 17
Morpeth Bus Stn 25
Morpeth Railway Stn 31

Arrives at Morpeth Rail Station for xx49 Northern service to Newcastle and Metrocentre
Departs Morpeth Rail Station after xx36 arriving Northern service from Newcastle and Metrocentre

Morpeth Railway Stn 40
Morpeth Bus Stn 46
Pegswood Stores 54
Ashington Bus Station 04
how about they started x23 to durham from doxfard inter peak times pvr 2
(19 Nov 2014, 4:39 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]how about they started x23 to durham from doxfard inter peak times pvr 2

The suggestion of extension of service 23 to Durham via doxford international and rainton bridge hourly or peak time only which would help driver changeover and passengers who already have bought weekly/monthly tickets who have to also purchase GNE tickets to get to rainton and doxford. The proposal was put in front of the panel for the next changes, but the next changes occurred and the extension didn't come about.
Suggestions for Blyth to Newcastle Routes:

- Service X10 remaining in current form but running every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday (60 evenings and Sundays)
- Service X11 remaining in current form but running every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday (60 evenings and Sundays)
- NEW service X12 serving current X11 route between Blyth and Newsham Black Diamond then via current X10 route to Newcastle from there running every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday. Service X30 could then be withdrawn.

- All three services would combine to operate every 10 minutes between Cramlington and Newcastle Monday to Saturday.
- Service X10 and X11 would continue to combine to operate every 30 minutes from Blyth and betwen Cramlington and Newcastle during evenings and Sundays.
Service Suggestions for X21 and X22:

A while back, I made a suggestion to bring back something similar to the old X31 / X32 and X33 services. Now, I know the X21 and X22 has proved popular so what I've done, is broke down the current X21  / X22 into three new routes that run every 30 minutes each (60 evenings and Sundays) with new connections and combined frequencies between Newbiggin, Ashington and Newcastle. Here we go:

- Service X31 operating every 30 minutes (60 evenings and Sundays serving: Seacrest Road - Wansbeck Hospital (Mon to Sat daytime) - North Seaton Fairfield Drive (evenings and Sundays) - Ashington Bus Station then current X21 route to Newcastle.

- Service X32 operating every 30 minutes (60 evenings and Sundays) serving: Cresswell Arms - Wansbeck Hospital - Ashington Bus Station then current X21 route to Bedlington Front Street / Red Lion then current X22 route from there to Newcastle.

- Service X33 operating every 30 minutes (60 evenings and Sundays) serving: North Seaton Fairfield Drive (Mon to Sat daytime) - Ashington Bus Station then current X22 route from there to Newcastle.

Have a look at the timetable and see what you guys think. Please note that it's not a full one and it's just for the purpose of timings and PVR calculations:

[attachment=6151]
(06 Dec 2014, 7:48 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]Service Suggestions for X21 and X22:

A while back, I made a suggestion to bring back something similar to the old X31 / X32 and X33 services. Now, I know the X21 and X22 has proved popular so what I've done, is broke down the current X21  / X22 into three new routes that run every 30 minutes each (60 evenings and Sundays) with new connections and combined frequencies between Newbiggin, Ashington and Newcastle. Here we go:

- Service X31 operating every 30 minutes (60 evenings and Sundays serving: Seacrest Road - Wansbeck Hospital (Mon to Sat daytime) - North Seaton Fairfield Drive (evenings and Sundays) - Ashington Bus Station then current X21 route to Newcastle.

- Service X32 operating every 30 minutes (60 evenings and Sundays) serving: Cresswell Arms - Wansbeck Hospital - Ashington Bus Station then current X21 route to Bedlington Front Street / Red Lion then current X22 route from there to Newcastle.

- Service X33 operating every 30 minutes (60 evenings and Sundays) serving: North Seaton Fairfield Drive (Mon to Sat daytime) - Ashington Bus Station then current X22 route from there to Newcastle.

Have a look at the timetable and see what you guys think. Please note that it's not a full one and it's just for the purpose of timings and PVR calculations:
Think that they need to increase the frequency of an evening and on Sundays, so you're suggestion would be great in that respect. I've used the X21 on a few Sunday's recently and it's been pretty busy, certainly busy enough to justify an increased frequency over both services.
Sorry guy's made an error between North Seaton and Ashington on a Sunday (it should be 8 mins instead of 4) but it would still be achievable.
(06 Dec 2014, 8:23 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Think that they need to increase the frequency of an evening and on Sundays, so you're suggestion would be great in that respect. I've used the X21 on a few Sunday's recently and it's been pretty busy, certainly busy enough to justify an increased frequency over both services.

Basically, the changes above give the following combined daytime frequencies off:

- Every 15 mins from Newbiggin Front Street then in between Wansbeck Hospital and Bedlington Station (X31 / X32) towards Newcastle. Buses towards Ashington between Newcastle and Bedlington Red Lion would combine every 10-20 minutes then every 15 minutes from there due to the X31's de-tour via Nedderton. This applies to the X31 / X32. Customers would have the option of a half hourly service either via the Hartlands (X32) for a quicker journey or Nedderton (X31).

- Every 10-20 mins from Bedlington Red Lion to Newcastle via the Hartlands for faster journeys. This applies to the X32 / X33.

And the changes above would give the following combined evening and Sunday frequencies off:

- Every 25-35 mins from Newbiggin Front Street then in between Ashington Bus Station and Bedlington Station (X31 / X32) towards Newcastle. Buses towards Ashington between Newcastle and Bedlington Red Lion would combine every 20-40 minutes then every 25-35 minutes from there due to the X31's de-tour via Nedderton. This applies to the X31 / X32. Customers would have the option of a half hourly service either via the Hartlands (X32) for a quicker journey or Nedderton (X31).

- Every 20-40 mins from Bedlington Red Lion to Newcastle via the Hartlands for faster journeys. This applies to the X32 / X33.
A suggestion that I think could be helpful on weekends, especially around Christmas time:
Services X25 and X26
X25- Ashington to the Metrocentre
Would follow the current X21 route from Ashington to Bedlington Red Lion, then the X22 route to Seaton Burn roundabout, where it would join the A1 and go straight to the Metrocentre.
X26- Blyth to the Metrocentre
Would follow the current X11 route from Blyth to Seaton Burn roundabout, where it would also join the A1 and go direct to the Metrocentre.

Both journey times would be approximately 1 hour, so would require 3 vehicles from each depot, taking into account layover times. 

Thoughts?
In Teesside, there is currently only a service from Stockton to Teesside retail park but most people who use the facility come from Middlesbrough. There is the X1(which is to be changed to X12),X7,X10 and X66 passing the Teesside park junction, surely Arriva or Go North East could put a service through into the retail park. This would also invite new passengers to those services.
(31 Dec 2014, 4:09 pm)jasondarby123 wrote [ -> ]In Teesside, there is currently only a service from Stockton to Teesside retail park but most people who use the facility come from Middlesbrough. There is the X1(which is to be changed to X12),X7,X10 and X66 passing the Teesside park junction, surely Arriva or Go North East could put a service through into the retail park. This would also invite new passengers to those services.

More likely Arriva would serve Teesside Park than GNE.

Arriva actually used to serve Teesside Park in the past but pulled out after it was getting caught in busy traffic on a weekend, also the service which I think went to Teesside Park was withdrawn too.

There will be even less buses to Teesside Park after today as the Leven Valley A66 will be withdrawn after last service today which will only leave one bus an hour there which is the Leven Valley H66.

The H66 runs dead to/from Middlesbrough after completing the H66 so you'd have thought that they could extend it to Middlesbrough, but no.
(01 Jan 2015, 8:12 pm)ArrivaNE_7522 wrote [ -> ]Here are some re-numbering options for Blyth.

Blyth/Cramlington routes (not via Quorum & Four Lane Ends)

50/51 Blyth-Cramlington-Newcastle replaces X10/X11

Blyth/Cramlington routes (via Quorum & Four Lane Ends)

52 Blyth-Cramlington-Quorum-Newcastle replaces X4
53 Blyth-Cramlington-Quorum-Newcastle replaces X5

New Blyth Express Routes

X50 Blyth-Cowpen-Spine Road-A19-A1-Regent Centre-Newcastle every 30 mins
X51 Blyth-Newsham-Spine Road-A19-A1-Regent Centre-Newcastle every 30 mins

I don't see the point.
The 51/52/53 would all have to be renumbered then, causing confusion for passengers.
Here's mine for Blyth:

- X10 remaining in current form but operating every 30 minutes (60 evenings and Sundays)
- X11 remaining in current form but operating every 30 minutes (60 evenings and Sundays)
- New service X12 introduced serving the X11 route to Laverock Hall Road then X10 route from there to Newcastle for faster journey times. Operating every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime.

- All three services would combine every 10 minutes between Manor Walks and Newcastle Monday to Saturday daytime.
- Services X10 / X11 would continue to combine every 30 minutes evenings and Sundays between Manor Walks and Newcastle.
- Peak time service X30 scrapped.
(02 Jan 2015, 1:18 pm)ArrivaNE_7522 wrote [ -> ]The point of 5* routes are so Blyth have an allocated number for non-express routes which travel more than five miles. Newcastle's routes would be 1-19.

So the Newcastle 51/52/53 would be renumbered 11/12/13 and so on.

We already have a 13 in Newcastle...
(02 Jan 2015, 4:38 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]We already have a 13 in Newcastle...

I can't find any 13 on the Arriva website except:

X13 Blyth-Newcastle
13a/b Darlington-Firth Moor

EDIT: Found #13 didn't know that there was a one.
Right as nobody liked the route numbers suggestions, I have decided to delete them posts.

Thank you for your opinions.
There are already services in Newcastle with those route numbers. Why on earth would you want to complicate it further?!?!?
I'm currently working on some timetables for a new route...
An express version of Service 7.

Currently takes 1 hour and 9 minutes between Durham and Darlington, here's a rough plan for an express service I've devised...

Darlington Tubwell Row - 52 minutes past
Aycliffe Village North Briton - 07 minutes past
Newton Aycliffe Churchill House - 13 minutes past
Ferryhill Bus Station - 26 minutes past
Neville's Cross Church - 35 minutes past
Durham Bus Station - 37 minutes past

Durham Bus Station - 00 minutes past
Neville's Cross Church - 02 minutes past
Ferryhill Bus Station - 11 minutes past
Newton Aycliffe Churchill House - 24 minutes past
Aycliffe Village North Briton - 30 minutes past
Darlington Tubwell Row - 45 minutes past

What does anyone think?

Driver would get 23 minutes layover in Durham and 7 minutes in Darlington - probably a bit unfair on the Darlington side of things (as I believe this where driver changeovers occur?) so things could probably be evened out to 15 minutes  layour on both sides.

Or, things could interwork so an X7 coming into Darlo could go back out as a 7, so they would interwork.