North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Service Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07 Sep 2014, 6:19 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]More than likely:

1: Blyth-Wansbeck Hospital or Widdrington Estate
2: Morpeth Kirkhall-Blyth
14: Morpeth-Thropton
33: Morpeth Town Service
57: North Seaton-Whitley Bay (Cramlington-North Shields eve/Sun)
57A: Morpeth-Whitley Bay
X14: Newcastle-Morepth
X15 Newcastle-Berwick (via A1)
X16: Newcastle-Belford (Summer only)
X17: Newcastle-Widdrington Est
X18: Newcastle-Berwick (via the coast)

Sounds good - I'll see if I can put a few timetables together.
And to follow on from that......

Here is the prosed X17 timetable - the PVR would be 2

[attachment=5885]
(07 Sep 2014, 7:18 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]And to follow on from that......

Operated by MPD's?
(07 Sep 2014, 7:18 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]And to follow on from that......

Nice work. Sounds good to me!
The look very professional.
(07 Sep 2014, 7:21 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Operated by MPD's?

Was thinking more of Solos done to MAX specification - as below

[attachment=5887]

(07 Sep 2014, 7:24 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Nice work. Sounds good to me!
The look very professional.

Wouldn't think that is I revealed it was created on Excel
(07 Sep 2014, 7:25 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Was thinking more of Solos done to MAX specification - as below

Wouldn't think that is I revealed it was created on Excel
Big Grin LOVE IT!!
Maybe you could have ago at creating the X15/X18 timetable? Big Grin
X15 - Newcastle - Morpeth - A1 - Alnwick - Belford - Berwick
X18 - Newcastle - Morpeth - Felton - Shilbottle - Alnwick - The Coast - Berwick
Maybe someone could try and work out a new service that can link the x20 route to the 35 like

Newcastle -regent centre -a1- a19 --spine road to ashington 35 stand then pegswood to morpeth
(07 Sep 2014, 5:19 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]To follow up on this post from the 'Latest' thread:

I have looked at theoretically extending the 20 to Alnwick. In short, to allow that, you will also notice the X20 frequency increase to every 30 minutes.

The service would require 6 buses - one of which, to save on light mileage, would more than likely join the X15 and X18 at the outstation at Rothbury Motors' Alnwick depot.

You have the X20 leaving Alnwick at roughly the same time as the X18 so having 2 buses running between Alnwick and Widdrington together.
(07 Sep 2014, 10:20 pm)coldav wrote [ -> ]You have the X20 leaving Alnwick at roughly the same time as the X18 so having 2 buses running between Alnwick and Widdrington together.

That will be amended tomorrow - once I've worked out the best way to do so.
You's should put these forward to Arriva.
(07 Sep 2014, 11:08 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]That will be amended tomorrow - once I've worked out the best way to do so.

He wouldn't need to - because the X18 would operate via Felton and Shilbottle as a result.
(08 Sep 2014, 7:11 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]He wouldn't need to - because the X18 would operate via Felton and Shilbottle as a result.

No, I don't plan to re-route the X18 as a result of extending the 20 to Alnwick - or do Pegswood and Widdrington not justify a service to Alnwick
(08 Sep 2014, 8:27 am)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]No, I don't plan to re-route the X18 as a result of extending the 20 to Alnwick - or do Pegswood and Widdrington not justify a service to Alnwick

I would keep it not just for that reason alone but to also form a combined 30 min frequency between Widdrington and Alnwick via Amble.
(07 Sep 2014, 11:08 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]That will be amended tomorrow - once I've worked out the best way to do so.

Amended as said - down to just the full journeys here (requiring 4 buses rather than the 5 of the original proposal timetable). Going northwards, the 20 and X18 combined to give a half hourly service between Amble and Alnwick but coming back from Alnwick, the 20 runs 20 minutes behind the X18.

[attachment=5888]
And, as another one, from an issue raised yesterday as well:

(07 Sep 2014, 10:14 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]However, the 1 was very late from Ashington, and sadly it was those horrid ALX200's. I really think something needs to be done to improve the reliability on the 1, and possibly some bigger buses as there was standees from Bedlington to Blyth. The 2, however was on time, it some bigger buses also. Maybe it could be jointly operated by Ashington and Blyth, with them interworking at Blyth to allow a longer was 1773, and was quite overcrowded so possibly it could do with layover.

In a bid to improve reliability on the 1 and additionally to allow extra journeys to run on the X20, the Ashington-Widdrington Estate secition of the 1 would instead link onto the 'new' X20 trips as the 20A.

[attachment=5889]
(08 Sep 2014, 2:24 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]And, as another one, from an issue raised yesterday as well:

In a bid to improve reliability on the 1 and additionally to allow extra journeys to run on the X20, the Ashington-Widdrington Estate secition of the 1 would instead link onto the 'new' X20 trips as the 20A.

So the 1 would operate between Wansbeck Hospital and Blyth only?
Also, the X17 could be scrapped as a result.
(08 Sep 2014, 2:47 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]So the 1 would operate between Wansbeck Hospital and Blyth only?
Also, the X17 could be scrapped as a result.

No, X17 would still run to provide the Estate with a direct service to Morpeth and Newcastle (and retain the 15 minutely Newcastle-Morpeth frequency).
And yes, the 1 would as a result only run between Wansbeck Hospital and Blyth.
(08 Sep 2014, 2:49 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]No, X17 would still run to provide the Estate with a direct service to Morpeth and Newcastle (and retain the 15 minutely Newcastle-Morpeth frequency).
And yes, the 1 would as a result only run between Wansbeck Hospital and Blyth.

Oh right. Maybe the 1 could be partly operated by Ashington and partly by Blyth so the reliability can be improved (interworking with the 2).
Also, are you sending them to Arriva?
(08 Sep 2014, 2:54 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Oh right. Maybe the 1 could be partly operated by Ashington and partly by Blyth so the reliability can be improved (interworking with the 2).
Also, are you sending them to Arriva?

No, the 1 would remain entirely operated by Blyth depot given the PVR increase at Ashington (under the plan, Blyth's would decrease by 1 while Ashington increases by 5 - 1 on the X20/20, 3 on the X20/20a and 1 on X17, the other X17 would be a reallocated vehicle from the present 33/57a/X14 rota).
As for sending them to Arriva, I have other means of possibly passing them to Arriva Wink