North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Service Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(25 Oct 2015, 1:37 pm)Lm2606 wrote [ -> ]What bus will then become the spare?

I don't know. The service is as fine as it is. The layover at Blyth always gets the service back on track, in my opinion.
(25 Oct 2015, 1:38 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Not enough vehicles in the fleet.

Seems pathetic there excuse is we don't have enough why didn't they buy enough?
(25 Oct 2015, 1:41 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Seems pathetic there excuse is we don't have enough why didn't they buy enough?

Don't know.

There is no point of the StreetLites being on the 35. Theres a 50% chance of getting a non-WiFi vehicle.
The vehicles on the Whitley Bay 306s arriving there from 1430 drop off to work the X6 from Cobalt (bar the decker turn which does a school run first). Otherwise you end up with other routes dropping out to do X6s.
(25 Oct 2015, 1:15 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]I always use the X9 to get to Cramlington, even though it takes longer BECAUSE it avoids the A19. That would annoy me and the people in Beacon Hill would have no bus to Newcastle. The rest I like

Sorry, forgot to mention that the current X9 would be renumbered service X6.
(25 Oct 2015, 1:44 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Don't know.

There is no point of the StreetLites being on the 35. Theres a 50% chance of getting a non-WiFi vehicle.
Mad a route is either branded or not branded, least if there's no WiFi you get the seats that you sink into  Sleepy
(25 Oct 2015, 8:37 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]Mad a route is either branded or not branded, least if there's no WiFi you get the seats that you sink into  Sleepy

Or you get a bus that may have seats that you can sink into, but can't get on as there is a wheelchair/buggy/trolley/seat hogging idiot in the wheelchair/pushchair space. 

What the 35 needs is a high capacity double deck vehicle with separated wheelchair and pushchair spaces.
(27 Oct 2015, 2:32 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Or you get a bus that may have seats that you can sink into, but can't get on as there is a wheelchair/buggy/trolley/seat hogging idiot in the wheelchair/pushchair space. 

What the 35 needs is a high capacity double deck vehicle with separated wheelchair and pushchair spaces.

Enviro 500 Tongue
Boxing Day service from Blyth Depot between 0800 and 1900ish:

X21 (PVR = 2):
- Every 60 mins between Ashington and Newcastle. Same route as X21 to Bedlington then X22 to Newcastle

X10/X11 (PVR = 5):
- Every 60 mins each serving normal routes between Blyth and Cramlington then 43 route between Cramlington and Newcastle

X14 (PVR = 3):
- Every 60 mins serving same route as 35 to Morpeth then normal route from there to Newcastle

306/308 (PVR = 8):
- Normal Sunday service (almost) but all boards provided by Blyth Depot

Will add to this later.
(26 Dec 2015, 5:15 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]Boxing Day service from Blyth Depot between 0800 and 1900ish:

X21 (PVR = 2):
- Every 60 mins between Ashington and Newcastle. Same route as X21 to Bedlington then X22 to Newcastle

X10/X11 (PVR = 5):
- Every 60 mins each serving normal routes between Blyth and Cramlington then 43 route between Cramlington and Newcastle

X14 (PVR = 3):
- Every 60 mins serving same route as 35 to Morpeth then normal route from there to Newcastle

306/308 (PVR = 8):
- Normal Sunday service (almost) but all boards provided by Blyth Depot

Will add to this later.

X21/X22 both operate every 30 minutes combined along normal routes curtailed at Ashington and interworking.

X14 runs half-hourly between Morpeth and Newcastle as a stand alone service.

X7 operates along normal route providing a link to Seaton Delaval Interworks with X10 which operates via Wide Open. 

Service X18 operates between Alnwick and Morpeth only along usual route, but Interworks with 35 and passengers loaded onto a waiting X14, this ensures that delays in Newcastle don't cause knock-on effects to service 35.
(26 Dec 2015, 5:48 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]X21/X22 both operate every 30 minutes combined along normal routes curtailed at Ashington and interworking.

35 operates as a stand alone route. 

X14 runs half-hourly between Morpeth and Newcastle.

X7 operates along normal route providing a link to Seaton Delaval Interworks with X10 which operates via Wide Open. 

Service X18 operates between Alnwick and Morpeth only along usual route, but Interworks with 35 and passengers loaded onto a waiting X14, this ensures that delays in Newcastle don't cause knock-on effects to service 35.

Would it not be a better idea, if operating the X18, to operate from Ashington depot instead?
Confused...would the 35 be a standalone route or would it interwork with the X18?
(26 Dec 2015, 6:22 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Confused...would the 35 be a standalone route or would it interwork with the X18?

I think, in GX03 SVC's suggestion, the 35 would interwork with the X14, the X18 being standalone.
(26 Dec 2015, 6:25 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]I think, in GX03 SVC's suggestion, the 35 would interwork with the X14, the X18 being standalone.

Apologies, 35 interworks with X18 (Morpeth-Alnwick), forgot to remove the stand alone part when I had a rethink.
Passengers would have to change in Morpeth from a 35 or X18 onto the X14. The 35 and X18 would interwork.

What I'm going to do later is try and time the following boards:

- X10 / X11 / 44/ 45

- 35 / X14

- X18

The 306, 308 and X7 would be no issue to run on Boxing Day. It's the other routes and although a near enough Sunday service could be justified in the future and more depots opening, costs initially have to be kept to a minimum and that includes keeping one depot open. Drivers from Jesmond and Ashington could also apply for overtime if not enough drivers from Blyth were available.
(26 Dec 2015, 6:31 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]Passengers would have to change in Morpeth from a 35 or X18 onto the X14. The 35 and X18 would interwork.

What I'm going to do later is try and time the following boards:

- X10 / X11 / 44/ 45

- 35 / X14

- X18

The 306, 308 and X7 would be no issue to run on Boxing Day. It's the other routes and although a near enough Sunday service could be justified in the future and more depots opening, costs initially have to be kept to a minimum and that includes keeping one depot open. Drivers from Jesmond and Ashington could also apply for overtime if not enough drivers from Blyth were available.
If you're operating this all from one depot, I think drivers from all three would be needed, I imagine these timetables will be tight. A Blyth driver who has been shown the route once isn't going to know where to make up time as well as a Jesmond or Ashington driver would, who drive the route day in day out.
Services 1 and 2 have to run on Boxing Day too. The 1 between Blyth and Ashington and the 2 between Morpeth and Blyth is just like the 35 in terms of demand.
(26 Dec 2015, 7:26 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Services 1 and 2 have to run on Boxing Day too. The 1 between Blyth and Ashington and the 2 between Morpeth and Blyth is just like the 35 in terms of demand.

The 2 could maybe run but most of the 1 north of the River Blyth is covered by the X21. I'll draw something up.
X21 via Blyth possibly? Or X10 extended to Ashington?
I expect that if we are to start doing a limited Boxing Day service, it would work from one single depot just like Yorkshire operate their services.