North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Service Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thats a good idea, to be honest i dont see the point of the 52 after killy bus station it does the same route as the 53 pretty much,and for people who work on northumbrian way have no bus thats why i think the 52 should serve there now after X4/5 was axed
(03 Jul 2014, 9:41 am)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Thats a good idea, to be honest i dont see the point of the 52 after killy bus station it does the same route as the 53 pretty much,and for people who work on northumbrian way have no bus thats why i think the 52 should serve there now after X4/5 was axed

The 53 goes through Fordely, whereas the 52 goes through Dudley. Therefore, not the same way.
Yeah but where do they meet up,i believe its dudley,which was previously 53A,a pointless change
Here's my suggestion:
Service X21 - to run to Cresswell and Ellington (1 per hour) via Cresswell Arms and Moor Estate (Seacrest Road) to give a direct link to Bedlington & Newcastle without changing at Ashington.
(16 Jul 2014, 11:14 am)ArrivaNE_7522 wrote [ -> ]Here's my suggestion:
Service X21 - to run to Cresswell and Ellington (1 per hour) via Cresswell Arms and Moor Estate (Seacrest Road) to give a direct link to Bedlington & Newcastle without changing at Ashington.

Here's mine:

- X31 (Monday to Saturday daytime every 60 minutes) serving: Cresswell - Ellington - Seacrest Road - Wansbeck Hospital - Ashington - Stakeford - Bedlington Stn - Bedlington Red Lion then same route to Newcastle as current X22.

- X32 (Monday to Sunday all day every 60 minutes) serving: Same route as X31 between Seacrest Road and Newcastle. Evening journeys would also serve the Cresswell Arms.

- X33 (Monday to Saturday daytime every 60 minutes) serving: Cresswell Arms - North Seaton Fairfield Drive - Ashington then same route as X31 / X32 to Newcastle.

- X34 (Monday to Saturday daytime every 30 minutes/ evenings and Sundays every 60 minutes) serving: North Seaton (eve and Sun only) - Ashington then current X22 route to Bedlington but to Glebe Bank rather than Red Lion then current X21 route between roundabout at top of Glebe Bank to Newcastle.

Core Frequencies:
- Newbiggin Front Street to Newcastle ether via Hospital or N/Seaton up to every 15 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime.

- Ashington, Stakeford, Bedlington Stn, Red Lion and Hartlands to Newcastle up to every 15 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime.

- Ashington, Glebe Bank (X34), Red Lion (X32) to Newcastle every 25 - 35 mins evenings and Sundays.
I would suggest the the 35a extends to newcastle and the Normal 35 extends to blyth
Few suggestions for summer services X95 Hartlepool - Billingham- Stockton- Redcar-Saltburn. 402 Hartlepool - Billingham Centre-Billingham Beck- Wynyard Woodland Park- Preston Park. 403 Preston Park - Thornaby -Middlesbrough - Albert Park - Stewarts Park- Natures World
(22 Jul 2014, 10:51 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]Few suggestions for summer services X95 Hartlepool - Billingham- Stockton- Redcar-Saltburn. 402 Hartlepool - Billingham Centre-Billingham Beck- Wynyard Woodland Park- Preston Park. 403 Preston Park - Thornaby -Middlesbrough - Albert Park - Stewarts Park- Natures World

Didn't Nature's World close?!
(23 Jul 2014, 9:40 am)Roland Pratt wrote [ -> ]Didn't Nature's World close?!

Apparently so.
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/feature...e_s_World/
(23 Jul 2014, 9:43 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Apparently so.
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/feature...e_s_World/
Well I wasent aware of that but still the rest of the route would work
(22 Jul 2014, 10:51 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]Few suggestions for summer services X95 Hartlepool - Billingham- Stockton- Redcar-Saltburn. 402 Hartlepool - Billingham Centre-Billingham Beck- Wynyard Woodland Park- Preston Park. 403 Preston Park - Thornaby -Middlesbrough - Albert Park - Stewarts Park- Natures World

Don't know how old you are Col but the Council used to support the likes of the Badgerbus when I worked there but its all gone to pot since then. No money to provide even essential bus services and no-one employed there hardly to organise anything anyway.
(23 Jul 2014, 10:21 am)Roland Pratt wrote [ -> ]Don't know how old you are Col but the Council used to support the likes of the Badgerbus when I worked there but its all gone to pot since then. No money to provide even essential bus services and no-one employed there hardly to organise anything anyway.
. I rember badgerbus well was a good service it where I have got the idea for the routres from
(23 Jul 2014, 10:31 am)col87 wrote [ -> ]. I rember badgerbus well was a good service it where I have got the idea for the routres from

I just about remember them from being younger but times change and you can't make a profit from 80p fares...
(23 Jul 2014, 10:43 am)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]I just about remember them from being younger but times change and you can't make a profit from 80p fares...
Well for my idea it would be special ticket between the two services to make some money
X96 Hartlepool-Billingham-Norton-Stockton-Yarm-Whitby-Scarbrough 90 Billingham-Stockton- Teesside Park- Middlesbrough X80 Peterlee-Hartlepool-Billingham-Stockton-Gusbrough-York what do people think ?
(23 Jul 2014, 1:20 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]X96 Hartlepool-Billingham-Norton-Stockton-Yarm-Whitby-Scarbrough 90 Billingham-Stockton- Teesside Park- Middlesbrough X80 Peterlee-Hartlepool-Billingham-Stockton-Gusbrough-York what do people think ?

Arriva have pulled off everything from north of Middlesbrough to Scarborough so can't see them putting them back on. GNE have missed a trick really not stepping in there, especially given the unreliability of the X93.
(23 Jul 2014, 1:34 pm)Roland Pratt wrote [ -> ]Arriva have pulled off everything from north of Middlesbrough to Scarborough so can't see them putting them back on. GNE have missed a trick really not stepping in there, especially given the unreliability of the X93.
True there dont seem to be any imagination from any of the big 3 anymore
(23 Jul 2014, 1:45 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]True there dont seem to be any imagination from any of the big 3 anymore

That's true, well Stagecoach and Arriva at least.
(23 Jul 2014, 1:34 pm)Roland Pratt wrote [ -> ]Arriva have pulled off everything from north of Middlesbrough to Scarborough so can't see them putting them back on. GNE have missed a trick really not stepping in there, especially given the unreliability of the X93.

Transdev could have made inroads too - using Scarbrough as a hub.
(23 Jul 2014, 2:03 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Transdev could have made inroads too - using Scarbrough as a hub.

Yes, or East Yorkshire.