North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Service Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(23 Jul 2014, 2:06 pm)Roland Pratt wrote [ -> ]Yes, or East Yorkshire.

East Yorkshire having a service to Middlesbrough using the Scarbrough and District Name would be intersting
X92 Middlesbrough- Guisbrough- Whitby-Scarbrough-Cayton Bay- Blue Dolphen- Filey-Primrose Valley- Bridlington. Anyone fancy that?
sounds stupid but i think both the X14/14 should run to newcastle it would then be every half hour instead of an hour
(23 Jul 2014, 8:52 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]sounds stupid but i think both the X14/14 should run to newcastle it would then be every half hour instead of an hour

X14 already runs every 30 minutes between Morpeth and Newcastle - but the 14 only runs hourly.
I think that the x14 that links with. The 33 and 57a should all change to one service number for all the journeys it makes
(24 Jul 2014, 4:37 pm)Philly rf wrote [ -> ]I think that the x14 that links with. The 33 and 57a should all change to one service number for all the journeys it makes

And that would work how?
Because it'll seem silly having x14 half sapphire or max branded and the other half that links the 33 and 57a as non sapphire branded also if it did get sapphire braded that means the 57a will have to be sapphire branded because the x14 bus run on to the 57a and 33
(25 Jul 2014, 9:18 am)Philly rf wrote [ -> ]Because it'll seem silly having x14 half sapphire or max branded and the other half that links the 33 and 57a as non sapphire branded also if it did get sapphire braded that means the 57a will have to be sapphire branded because the x14 bus run on to the 57a and 33

The X14/14 long journeys shall become MAX later this year (so imagine the entire route will become the X14 as a result). As for the short X14 journeys, unless they are merged with both the 33 and 57A into one service, which to me seems unlikely, I imagine they will simply be renumbered or the region will see an alternative service change to incorporate them into another service.
(23 Jul 2014, 2:24 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]X92 Middlesbrough- Guisbrough- Whitby-Scarbrough-Cayton Bay- Blue Dolphen- Filey-Primrose Valley- Bridlington. Anyone fancy that?

You might aswell just extend the X93...And it will be competing with East Yorkshire who pretty much have the Bridlington-Filey-Scarborough via the holiday parks and villages under their belt with minor competition from Shoreline Suncruisers which is failing badly so i doubt more competition is needed.
(26 Jul 2014, 8:35 am)Robert wrote [ -> ]You might aswell just extend the X93...And it will be competing with East Yorkshire who pretty much have the Bridlington-Filey-Scarborough via the holiday parks and villages under their belt with minor competition from Shoreline Suncruisers which is failing badly so i doubt more competition is needed.
. The difference is this service has to booked in advance as it is for Holliday makers from teesside. After Scarbrough it will be dropp offs only.
(26 Jul 2014, 11:10 am)col87 wrote [ -> ]. The difference is this service has to booked in advance as it is for Holliday makers from teesside. After Scarbrough it will be dropp offs only.

Would a service between Durham and Hexham work via conset
(31 Jul 2014, 8:35 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]Would a service between Durham and Hexham work via conset

I doubt it - Go North East already offers services 15/15A (Durham - Consett) which connect with service 689 (Consett - Hexham), and it must be said that the latter is not commercially operated.
(31 Jul 2014, 8:35 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]Would a service between Durham and Hexham work via conset

Quite simply, get a 15/15A from Durham to Consett, then a 689 from Consett to Hexham.....
Hartlepool Area changes. 23 Hartlepool Marina-Hartlepool Centre-Univeristy Hospital-Throston Grange-Bishop Cuthbert- Horden-Peterlee-Dalton Park-Seaham-Sunderland 22 Hartlepool Centre -Hart Station-Horden-Peterlee-Wingate-Thornley-Durham 57A renumbered 25 and operate though Hart Village then current route
(31 Jul 2014, 8:54 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]Hartlepool Area changes. 23 Hartlepool Marina-Hartlepool Centre-Univeristy Hospital-Throston Grange-Bishop Cuthbert- Horden-Peterlee-Dalton Park-Seaham-Sunderland 22 Hartlepool Centre -Hart Station-Horden-Peterlee-Wingate-Thornley-Durham 57A renumbered 25 and operate though Hart Village then current route

Changing service 57a into service 25 is just going confuse passengers especially their used to be a service 25 previously.

Next time service 23 is up for a review their might be changes to the service, arriva are looking at changing the service to help combat the driver changeover and delayed at Sunderland from Durham depot.

There's no way service 22 will be going via wingate, service 21,21a goes via wingate and service 22 going via Wheatley hill and shotton from the last lot of changes when service 22 goes via Peterlee.
(26 Jul 2014, 11:10 am)col87 wrote [ -> ]. The difference is this service has to booked in advance as it is for Holliday makers from teesside. After Scarbrough it will be dropp offs only.

Still problems. It will have to stop at the Holiday camps anyway to pick people up off their holiday to go home (providing people use the service for that reason) which again, is still competing with service 120.
(31 Jul 2014, 10:18 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Still problems. It will have to stop at the Holiday camps anyway to pick people up off their holiday to go home (providing people use the service for that reason) which again, is still competing with service 120.
. It wouldent be though because only people who have booked to go to Whitby or Teesside will be allowed on therefore it is not taken any passengers away
(31 Jul 2014, 10:18 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Changing service 57a into service 25 is just going confuse passengers especially their used to be a service 25 previously.

Next time service 23 is up for a review their might be changes to the service, arriva are looking at changing the service to help combat the driver changeover and delayed at Sunderland from Durham depot.

There's no way service 22 will be going via wingate, service 21,21a goes via wingate and service 22 going via Wheatley hill and shotton from the last lot of changes when service 22 goes via Peterlee.
. I fail to see how renumbering the 57A to 25 will cause any confusing there wont be . Niether the 21 or 21A go to Durham either and people from Hartlepool dont want to go on Tour of Country Durham to get to Durham City Arriva need to sort that out.
(01 Aug 2014, 4:23 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]. I fail to see how renumbering the 57A to 25 will cause any confusing there wont be . Niether the 21 or 21A go to Durham either and people from Hartlepool dont want to go on Tour of Country Durham to get to Durham City Arriva need to sort that out.

Will be on the Coxhoe-Durham section where it creates a half hourly service with the 57 (hence 57A)

There's a difference between the 21/21a and 23 - the 21 is operated by Darlington depot and 21a by Stockton depot, while the 23 is worked by Durham depot but doesn't go anywhere near the city.
(01 Aug 2014, 4:23 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]. I fail to see how renumbering the 57A to 25 will cause any confusing there wont be . Niether the 21 or 21A go to Durham either and people from Hartlepool dont want to go on Tour of Country Durham to get to Durham City Arriva need to sort that out.

(So you wanting the 57A as a 25) service 57/57A provides a 30 minute frequency between Durham Bus Station and Coxhoe, then service 57 goes to Kelloe and service 57A goes to Hartlepool. so instead of having the service as 57/57A you suggesting to have the service as 57/25.

Don't forget County Durham and Hartlepool is countryside places and Tyne and Wear is heavy populated area, express services work in Tyne and Wear to get passengers quicker to certain points, this will not work internal County Durham areas as between the villages their are a lot of countryside (fields etc..) so instead of having a lot of bus services going in a straight line from Durham to Hartlepool, these services has to go via each village on route and also don't forget the bus companies are cutting back on bus services, so more buses will be going out of the way to serve a village to get passengers. Don't forget their used to be quite a few express services 20 or 30 years ago, but since the decline of patronage from bus travel to car travel.

Are you suggesting that service 21/21A should be extended to Durham from you quote?

If as you say that people of Hartlepool doesn't want to go via the world to get to durham, then I would suggest to them to get a taxi or save up and purchase a car, or ask someone with a car to take you, otherwise purchase a book or look out of the window and see the fields going past Wink