North East Buses

Full Version: Anything and Everything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just seen a lad walking a dog in his pyjamas in Peterlee.
(05 Jul 2015, 2:07 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Just seen a lad walking a dog in his pyjamas in Peterlee.

Need a "Spotted in Pyjamas... Peterlee" Facebook page - the Sunderland one is mint!
I would like everyone on here if they can to do a minutes silence at 12:00 for the victims of the London 7/7 bombings.
(07 Jul 2015, 6:16 am)danpick wrote [ -> ]I would like everyone on here if they can to do a minutes silence at 12:00 for the victims of the London 7/7 bombings.

I will, don't worry! 

Can't believe its being 10 years, what a horrible day for the families =(

R.I.P =(
(07 Jul 2015, 6:40 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]I will, don't worry! 

Can't believe its being 10 years, what a horrible day for the families =(

R.I.P =(
That was one of those days I will never forget, remember winning the Olympic Bid 24 hours earlier and being excited about the Olympics, I eventually would become very disillusioned with the bloody Olympics, lol...

But yeah 7/7, like the Death of Princess Diana and 9/11, it is a day to quote Franklin Roosevelt 'Which will live in infamy' I won't forget where I was and what I was doing.

Can't believe it has been 10 years
A minutes silence was observed in the MetroCentre at 1130 to remember those who died on 7/7.
Seem as we have said some things about the 7/7 bombings and other breaking news stories such as 9/11 and the death of princess Diana I thought I'd share a link to a programme which has been uploaded to YouTube, Newsflash: Stories That Stopped the World.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFoEC2O9R4U
(07 Jul 2015, 6:03 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Seem as we have said some things about the 7/7 bombings and other breaking news stories such as 9/11 and the death of princess Diana I thought I'd share a link to a programme which has been uploaded to YouTube, Newsflash: Stories That Stopped the World.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFoEC2O9R4U

9/11 i was in year 6 - coming back in from lunch
7/7 i was in year 9 i think, was in lesson
Diana, Princess of Wales in 1997, i'm not sure, i was only 6, so didn't understand it
(07 Jul 2015, 6:19 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]9/11 i was in year - coming back in from lunch
7/7 i was in year 9 i think, was in lesson
Diana, Princess of Wales in 1997, i'm not sure, i was only 6, so didn't understand it
I will have been in school on 7/7 and 9/11 and I have vague memories of these being reported on the news when I got home from school.

Far too young to remember the death of Diana.
(07 Jul 2015, 6:22 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I will have been in school on 7/7 and 9/11 and I have vague memories of these being reported on the news when I got home from school.

Far too young to remember the death of Diana.

9/11 was horrible, the teacher came in and told us 2 planes had crashed in to the twin towers in New York, she explained what the towers were, got home and i didn't expect it to be that bad, then we all know what happened next =(

Still think about all those families and who died in terrible tragedies like this.. i don't know how to explain it.
Diana's death was well before I was born.
9-11 was a year before I was born.
7-7 I was in Reception so really didn't think much about it. But now, That im older and understand a lot more I find the Twin Towers the most shocking.

Im not scared of another terrorist attack when I go to New York in 3 weeks. I go by what my Dad told me when I was younger ( These people are not real Muslims, But me and you are) if you were wandering me and my dad and the rest of my family on my dads side are Muslim.

I sound so depressing don't I?!
(07 Jul 2015, 6:51 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]Diana's death was well before I was born.
9-11 was a year before I was born.
7-7 I was in Reception so really didn't think much about it. But now, That im older and understand a lot more I find the Twin Towers the most shocking.

Im not scared of another terrorist attack when I go to New York in 3 weeks. I go by what my Dad told me when I was younger ( These people are not real Muslims, But me and you are) if you were wandering me and my dad and the rest of my family on my dads side are Muslim.

It'll never put me off from going to New York, London etc, they wont win.

I never knew you were muslim, i'm with you to, dont let others make you think all muslims are bad.
When Diana died I woke up with the worst hangover possible...What I remember is The National Anthem at the top of every hour, and it did not really sink in till Tony Blair gave his speech from Sedgefield, the funeral was also something etched on my memory, he sight of William and Harry, 16 and 12/13 respectively walking with Prince Phillip, Prince of Wales and Charles, Earl Spencer behond the coffin, I remember thinking they were brave to do that very much in the public eye, in front of the watching, I signed at least 3 books of Condolence to her, 1 in Durham, 1 in Newcastle and in Sunderland, I used to to goto a Day Centre every week at the Hospital and we took a walk into town...

9/11, as NYC is 5 hours behind us, I was coming home from College, popped in the shop to get some fags and the shopkeeper saying 'Look at that' I stood with him speechless, I then sprinted home to tell my mam and dad and I think the News stopped on all day long, one of those moments when I wanted John McLane to coming and dispatch the nasty terrorists(as if I was watching a Die Hard movie)...

7/7, I had not long been out of bed, the first attack happened before 9am, again just glued to the news all day...

I vaguely remember Lockerbie, The Dunblane School massacre stuck out in my mind as we had a special assembly at school...

The first biggie for me was Hillsborough, 7 years old and not able to understand what happened, just watching something I had no idea about, we talked about it in school on the Monday after and remember people asking 'Why', how is it 95 people went out for the day and never came home(the 96th died years later, never emerging from a coma)

Another I remember, was Desert Storm, my Uncle went to the Gulf in Late 1990, my Nana and Granddad were upset, my mother probably was too, again, being young, I did not understand why they were worried, as far as I was concerned he was just going to work, and doing what he had to do as that was what he did all the time...My class at school all wrote letters to my Uncle in The Gulf and when he came home, my Uncle came up to the School to talk the class, I was the proudest 8 year old in Murton that day...

Is anyone here old enough to remember Kennedy being murdered???
Massive Fire in Sunderland, Thick plooms of Black Smoke can be seen from Grangetown, looks to be over by the Stadium of Light.
(08 Jul 2015, 11:24 am)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Massive Fire in Sunderland, Thick plooms of Black Smoke can be seen from Grangetown, looks to be over by the Stadium of Light.

Its the scrap yard i think, Smile
(08 Jul 2015, 12:03 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Its the scrap yard i think, Smile

Which one? Wink
(08 Jul 2015, 6:34 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Which one? Wink

The one with scrap in Tongue
(08 Jul 2015, 6:34 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Which one? Wink

Ward Bros Steel LTD
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...ap-9616765
UK Foreign Office tells all British nationals to leave Tunisia, warning "further terrorist attack is highly likely"