North East Buses

Full Version: Anything and Everything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rolleyes
What does that mean?

Lee
I saw a member of the forum in Park Lane, chatting to a driver and almost (was very tempted) went over and had a word - revealing my identity.

Gave it a miss, but did see another member coming out of Greggs with a pasty!
For a driver, he sure looked confused when tallying up his change!
(03 Dec 2014, 7:23 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Fire alarm went off during a Year 11 mock exam today! (ouch!)

Surprisingly they were the first out of the building (with the sports hall being right next to the assembly points!) - but to keep myself entertained amongst the horrendous queues to find my tutor group, I was invisaging the Y11's not being allowed to leave during the exam, and the adults in there with them holding them back while smoke poured in from the air vents. I honestly don't know what I was thinking, but it got to the point that the PE office exploded and sent a fireball down the length of the huge sports hall, making the ceiling collapse, and doors get blown open, etc.

I'm so awful - that'll be me one day! Tongue

Did it not start in you're schools science deppartment most of my schools fire alarms are tests or science. In my Primary that I moved to for a year and a half it must of went off about 25 times and about 20 of them were from the Nursery burning the toast.
Surprised I never heard anything as it was only just around the corner from where I live
http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/crime...-1-6989336
Sunderlands Spiderman unmasked and says Man City stunt was all for charity

Breaking the law for charity now, hope he does not get too seriously punished, but I hope he gets a relevant punishment
just seen this on GNE's wall...(name of poster not included)

‎Go North East
2 hrs ·
Your buses never turn up on time and the metro always turn up on time
Like · · Share · 1

I hope hes being sarcastic!
(04 Dec 2014, 6:36 pm)danpick wrote [ -> ]Did it not start in you're schools science deppartment most of my schools fire alarms are tests or science. In my Primary that I moved to for a year and a half it must of went off about 25 times and about 20 of them were from the Nursery burning the toast.

All I know is it certainly wasn't a drill, obviously because of the exams! - I can only guess it was the kitchen burning the bacon for breaktime! Wink

On a seperate note, does anyone else find it really annoying when Amercian people try and impersonate the British accent. I hate it so much! Angry

I was flicking through the channels on Sky, and scrolled down the Kids section to see what had actually become of stuff like Nickelodeon, which I haven't watched in about 4-5 years! lol - anyway, I saw this new show on either Nick or Disney called 'Austin and Ally'. Immediate first impressions were; this is gonna be shit.

Nonetheless, I turned it on and from what I pick up from characters, the boy had done something to make the girl feel uncomfortable. Then he started asking her if he could do anything to improve her mood, and asked if she wanted him to sound British for the rest of the day, by saying ''Oi, ya wanna cuppa tea, luv, cuppa tea luv, cuppa tea, you wanna cup of tea, luv?''. Annoying twats....
@Michael

From their perspective it might well be true. Although I don't use the Metro often, I can't say I've ever encountered any major problems on the rare occasion I've used the service. Buses however...

It's all relative.
(06 Dec 2014, 6:53 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]All I know is it certainly wasn't a drill, obviously because of the exams! - I can only guess it was the kitchen burning the bacon for breaktime! Wink

On a seperate note, does anyone else find it really annoying when Amercian people try and impersonate the British accent. I hate it so much! Angry

At my school they always tested the fire alarm when my class had P.E. including one time at the end of a P.E lesson when we were getting changed!

It is annoying hearing Americans impersonate us, especially as the American's still seem to think we all wear suits, have bad teeth, drink tea constantly and totally worship the Queen. Clearly they don't have channels 4 and 5 in America, I wonder what Americans would do if they saw an episode of Benefits Street.
(06 Dec 2014, 7:04 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]At my school they always tested the fire alarm when my class had P.E. including one time at the end of a P.E lesson when we were getting changed!

It is annoying hearing Americans impersonate us, especially as the American's still seem to think we all wear suits, have bad teeth, drink tea constantly and totally worship the Queen. Clearly they don't have channels 4 and 5 in America, I wonder what Americans would do if they saw an episode of Benefits Street.

I hate the royal family. What have they ever done for us?? Yet some of us seem to think our country would be nothing without them! I cannot get my head around it!

Perhaps if they got in a taxi at Newcastle International, driven by an FPF member, and dropped them off in the avenues at Chester - they wouldn't think we all drank tea after that!!
(06 Dec 2014, 7:06 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]I hate the royal family. What have they ever done for us?? Yet some of us seem to think our country would be nothing without them! I cannot get my head around it!

Perhaps if they got in a taxi at Newcastle International, driven by an FPF member, and dropped them off in the avenues at Chester - they wouldn't think we all drank tea after that!!

I don't hate the royals, but I really don't care about what they are doing, the run up to the royal wedding, Christ! I had to leave the house that day to get away from it because I was so sick of hearing about it, thankfully it was a nice day and this was when Arriva still ran service X61 from Durham to Scarborough so 5 hours on Volvo Olympian was an absolute joy of an alternative.

I'm not looking forward to the queen dying, I'm so glad we have stuff like Netflix and On Demand as otherwise we'd have nothing to watch but "The queen is dead" when the queen's mother died on Easter Weekend back in 2002 we only had 5 channels and all of them had "the queen mother has died" on them.
(06 Dec 2014, 6:53 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]All I know is it certainly wasn't a drill, obviously because of the exams! - I can only guess it was the kitchen burning the bacon for breaktime! Wink

I was flicking through the channels on Sky, and scrolled down the Kids section to see what had actually become of stuff like Nickelodeon, which I haven't watched in about 4-5 years! lol - anyway, I saw this new show on either Nick or Disney called 'Austin and Ally'. Immediate first impressions were; this is gonna be shit.

Nonetheless, I turned it on and from what I pick up from characters, the boy had done something to make the girl feel uncomfortable. Then he started asking her if he could do anything to improve her mood, and asked if she wanted him to sound British for the rest of the day, by saying ''Oi, ya wanna cuppa tea, luv, cuppa tea luv, cuppa tea, you wanna cup of tea, luv?''. Annoying twats....

Dick Van Dyke is probably the worst English Accent ever,, as was Josh Hartnetts attempt at a West Yorkshire Accent in a film called blow dry...

Most Americans seem to think the Cockney Accent is used in most of England and think we speak in rhyming slang...

On the flip side, some of our actors are briliiant with American Accents, Hugh Laurie and Damien Lewis are two, I am quite sure my old drama coach Charlotte Riley(Tom Hardys significant other) is a natural with some accents
Me, my local clan and our American friends sometimes try and impersonate each other's accents, with varying levels of success. It is quite funny at times.

When I first met them, they were surprised that England is so different to the typical stereotype that they have, one of them being accents. They originally thought everyone here in Mighty Blighty spoke with either a Cockney accent or with a RP accent.

Since being here over the past three months, they have grown to love England and Newcastle in particular, so much so that they now call the place "home". It's just such a shame they're going back to America next Monday Cry
(06 Dec 2014, 11:28 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]Me, my local clan and our American friends sometimes try and impersonate each other's accents, with varying levels of success. It is quite funny at times.

When I first met them, they were surprised that England is so different to the typical stereotype that they have, one of them being accents. They originally thought everyone here in Mighty Blighty spoke with either a Cockney accent or with a RP accent.

Since being here over the past three months, they have grown to love England and Newcastle in particular, so much so that they now call the place "home". It's just such a shame they're going back to America next Monday Cry
I love Americans, they get a hard time off a lot of people...

Had an interesting experience with a group of an American tourists when I was about 10 when I went to Chorister School...

Got on a bus at Durham Cathedral to North Road, packed with Yank tourists, an old woman took an instant liking to me, liking my uniform, went so far to say 'you look smart in your little pants' as I had to wear shorts until I was 11...As they were from North Carolina they made a comment like 'Your Durrrrr-haaaaammmm is much better than ours' all I said was 'it isnt just my Durham, but thanks anyway'
Looking forward to this if we get snow this year, the over reacting news!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO52SMQB7tE#t=38
Have to leave for the silver arrow soon, 1 problem is i'm still in lying in bed....i cba to get up!
(09 Dec 2014, 7:28 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Have to leave for the silver arrow soon, 1 problem is i'm still in lying in bed....i cba to get up!
I'm still ill. Have a meeting with my Head Teacher today too, uh...

"Miss can I be excused to throw up? Ta...."
(09 Dec 2014, 7:32 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]I'm still ill. Have a meeting with my Head Teacher today too, uh...

"Miss can I be excused to throw up? Ta...."

Nice.... phone the school and say you're sick!

Only 4 of us in my uni class yesterday, 4 were off sick............. so we just carried on and did no work! haha
(09 Dec 2014, 7:40 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Nice.... phone the school and say you're sick!

Only 4 of us in my uni class yesterday, 4 were off sick............. so we just carried on and did no work! haha
I'm only going in because Spark FM are coming in to do something for A-Level Media. After that (hopefully circa 1130), I will bugger off home.