North East Buses

Full Version: Anything and Everything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(16 Nov 2013, 9:04 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Has anyone seen the GNE responses on their fb page today?
If I didn't know better, I would have guessed they had given Clifford a job :s

I hadn't, but am having a good chuckle now. Big Grin

I particularly like the attached post. What's a ket card? Is that some sort of pre-paid card that you can send your bairns down the shop with for them to buy some 20p mix ups? Or is it a more convenient method for vets to purchase horse tranquilliser?
(16 Nov 2013, 10:08 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I hadn't, but am having a good chuckle now. Big Grin

I particularly like the attached post. What's a ket card? Is that some sort of pre-paid card that you can send your bairns down the shop with for them to buy some 20p mix ups? Or is it a more convenient method for vets to purchase horse tranquilliser?

Fucking brilliant Aurelion
There is obviously a different person covering today.
Chester le Street is referred to as CLS as a start...

Whilst a promotional post about the new vehicles on the 53/54 has turned into an anti-semetic debate, this response has appeared in reply to a passenger querying a response to a complaint.

Go North East
If you want to email us we can show you a copy of the GPS
Like · 1 · 19 minutes ago
Nelson Mandela has died, at the age of 95.
(05 Dec 2013, 10:03 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Nelson Mandela has died, at the age of 95.

RIP - the man who really did change the world..
(05 Dec 2013, 10:08 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]RIP - the man who really did change the world..

Yeah, I agree. A amazing man.
(05 Dec 2013, 10:03 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Nelson Mandela has died, at the age of 95.

R.I.P Sad
I thought about raising this last night, but didn't for (hopefully) obvious reasons.

When the lad was knocked down on Old Durham Road last night, the GNE page started getting posts, queries and complaints regarding missing buses, lack of communication, passengers being diverted without anyone knowing etc.
There were only a couple of posts, but one of them turned a bit bitchy and has since been removed.

Isn't it now the time (with plenty of justification) for out of office access to the site, from the depot?
The depot knew about the closure, drivers knew, yet the most important aspect of the business (passengers) didn't.

The reputation GNE have for missing buses and poor communication, passengers being delayed, having to walk miles in the dark/cold, ended up dominating discussion until posters were informed by other passengers in the know.

If it happened during the day (as it did in Ryhope or the countless times in Newcastle), passengers would have been made aware.

Whilst pointing all of this out, hopefully it takes nothing away from the most important thing in this and that is poor lad who was knocked down.
Hopefully he makes a full recovery.
(15 Dec 2013, 11:00 am)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I thought about raising this last night, but didn't for (hopefully) obvious reasons.

When the lad was knocked down on Old Durham Road last night, the GNE page started getting posts, queries and complaints regarding missing buses, lack of communication, passengers being diverted without anyone knowing etc.
There were only a couple of posts, but one of them turned a bit bitchy and has since been removed.

Isn't it now the time (with plenty of justification) for out of office access to the site, from the depot?
The depot knew about the closure, drivers knew, yet the most important aspect of the business (passengers) didn't.

The reputation GNE have for missing buses and poor communication, passengers being delayed, having to walk miles in the dark/cold, ended up dominating discussion until posters were informed by other passengers in the know.

If it happened during the day (as it did in Ryhope or the countless times in Newcastle), passengers would have been made aware.

Whilst pointing all of this out, hopefully it takes nothing away from the most important thing in this and that is poor lad who was knocked down.
Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

Customer services are kept in the dark most of the time. I'm pig sick of seeing this "have you managed to travel yet?" response to people asking where missing buses are.

CatsFast101

(15 Dec 2013, 12:46 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Customer services are kept in the dark most of the time. I'm pig sick of seeing this "have you managed to travel yet?" response to people asking where missing buses are.

I have no idea how it works but there should be a system where diversions, delays, breakdowns are reported onto a system accessible by depots and customer services so for example,
Other day there was car accident on the A19 at Murton/Seaham caused quite lengthy delays on the A19 with New Seaham, Mill Inn bank etc. all becoming gridlocked with people diverting (took me 15 minutes Mallard-Mill Inn on 61)
Depots log, delays because of it, it's going to affect Peterlee, Deptford & Gateshead. Service X9/X10 are going to be severely delayed, X7 diverted through Easington, 60/61 were delayed & 265/202 would also suffer delays too. All this information should be posted day or night really. Informing passengers with customer services been able to respond instantly with the problem.
Arriva have had at least two out of hours updates (presumably from the depot) since the official arriva person logged off at 17:03 on Friday night.

The incident last night will have affected Gateshead, Washington, Chester, Deptford and Winlaton.
Yet, not one person in those depot's have the ability to notify passengers of delays, diversions etc.

That then led to the discussions on the fb page last night, potentially causing offence to the lad and his family.

Seriously, how hard can it be for something like this to be implemented?

It won't be the first road closure beyond office hours and it won't be the last.

Edit: story of said collision www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-25391373

CatsFast101

(15 Dec 2013, 1:50 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Arriva have had at least two out of hours updates (presumably from the depot) since the official arriva person logged off at 17:03 on Friday night.

The incident last night will have affected Gateshead, Washington, Chester, Deptford and Winlaton.
Yet, not one person in those depot's have the ability to notify passengers of delays, diversions etc.

That then led to the discussions on the fb page last night, potentially causing offence to the lad and his family.

Seriously, how hard can it be for something like this to be implemented?

It won't be the first road closure beyond office hours and it won't be the last.

Edit: story of said collision www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-25391373

Exactly, the Arriva service updates from the depots are very good idea. GNE should take notice of that and implement it. Night/Evening is the time when you want these updates, services aren't frequent often hourly or last buses around 8pm and that really is the time when you'd appreciate having information of diversions/delays, alone waiting for a bus on night isn't exactly nice. I think passengers would appreciate it.
Has anyone been on textastrophe.com?

If you haven't, check it out.
Won the Passion Christmas dressy up competition last night, =D
Can't beat a nice Beef Crisp sandwich =D
(23 Dec 2013, 2:19 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Can't beat a nice Beef Crisp sandwich =D

Oooh, now what sort of crisps were they?

Walkers Bacon, Seabrooks Canadiam Ham or Ready Salted and McCoys Beef are my crisps of choice.

Love them in a sandwich.
(23 Dec 2013, 2:40 pm)andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Oooh, now what sort of crisps were they?

Walkers Bacon, Seabrooks Canadiam Ham or Ready Salted and McCoys Beef are my crisps of choice.

Love them in a sandwich.

KP =D
Walkers Steak deep ridge or Branston beef and mustard win hands down.
Well my phone charger i plug into my Laptop just caught fire while charging my phone, somehow the laptop and phone are both undamaged but that was a close one!