North East Buses

Full Version: Anything and Everything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Coles Crane factory (as was)?
Heart TV is playing Christmas songs! Too soon.
(02 Nov 2014, 7:51 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Heart TV is playing Christmas songs! Too soon.

Someone i used to go to school with has their Christmas tree up...
Someone i used to go to school with has their Christmas tree up...
I don't understand how people can be festive two months before Christmas, I'm often fed up of it by mid November, I haven't even started shopping yet so I better make a start tomorrow!

Also just seen the Amarillo music video on another music channel and noticed they edited Jimmy Saville out of the video.
(02 Nov 2014, 8:05 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I don't understand how people can be festive two months before Christmas, I'm often fed up of it by mid November, I haven't even started shopping yet so I better make a start tomorrow!

Also just seen the Amarillo music video on another music channel and noticed they edited Jimmy Saville out of the video.

I don't either - normally I'm sick of my life 5 days before Christmas because the suspense is so taunting!
(02 Nov 2014, 8:13 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]I don't either - normally I'm sick of my life 5 days before Christmas because the suspense is so taunting!

As you get older the suspense of Christmas fades.

For me, that suspense was replaced by a general feeling of apathy. 
Any more news on the fire in Sunderland?

Can't seem to find any updates?
It is all over twitter.
Photos and eye witness reports.
Wonder who is putting the fire out, as apparently the FBU haven't instructed their members back to work?
(02 Nov 2014, 8:37 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Wonder who is putting the fire out, as apparently the FBU haven't instructed their members back to work?

Didn't think about that.....you'd think they might have reserves of some sort?
(02 Nov 2014, 8:38 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]Didn't think about that.....you'd think they might have reserves of some sort?

Usually scabs and the army isn't it? Nowhere near the normal capacity, and you'd know it was the army, as they have their own fire engines.
Where's the nearest military base to the fire?
(02 Nov 2014, 8:41 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]Where's the nearest military base to the fire?

Nee idea! Apparently it's just emergency teams. Has it been declared a major incident yet, as that would get the crews back to work?

P.s. moving this out of the GNE thread into somewhere more appropriate.
During the last big strike, TA and Army Cadet sites were used.
Catterick, Albemarle and Boulmer are too far.

12 appliances there, so presumably non union members or those not striking are in attendance.
(02 Nov 2014, 8:43 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Nee idea! Apparently it's just emergency teams. Has it been declared a major incident yet, as that would get the crews back to work?

At a guess i'd say it would be Catterick Garrison.
(02 Nov 2014, 8:43 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Nee idea! Apparently it's just emergency teams. Has it been declared a major incident yet, as that would get the crews back to work?

I just hope nobody was injured!
(02 Nov 2014, 8:41 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]Where's the nearest military base to the fire?
Theres a Barracks in Newcastle...Fenham Barracks I think...

Usually the Army deal with fires during fireman strikes, who remembers this badboy
[Image: 280px-Green_Goddess_1.jpg]

The Green Goddess, couldnt go much quicker than 50mph and stunk, I remember a fleet of them trawling through Murton in 2002 and the exhaust fumes lingered for ages
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-29852294

Anyone on here into this?

I have a few mates who have done it in the past - some of their photos are great.
It's bloody freezing this morning, glad iv'e got my new coat on,keeping me warm
One of the first pics of the new Dads Army cast was realeased last week

[Image: _78514650_cut.jpg]

Toby Jones and Bill Nighy look good as does Michael Gambon as Godfrey