North East Buses

Full Version: Anything and Everything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07 Mar 2016, 5:23 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]I have been wondering all day, did Davie have a go on the new X21 and did his phone connect to the internetTongue
Yes I did and they all worked. I quite like the vehicles too.
(07 Mar 2016, 5:37 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Well here is the answer to the first half of your question.

Big Grin
I look a right tit on that photo!
(07 Mar 2016, 6:23 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]I look a right tit on that photo!

Nowt new there, then..!  Big Grin
Tempted to buy a Sega, had one when i was growing up, one of the best consoles I've played, can't have a Sega without Sonic and Alex Kidd though.
Wish i could stay in bed a little bit longer... I'm really comfy haha
(07 Mar 2016, 6:41 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Nowt new there, then..!  Big Grin

You've got a thing for labelling people 'tits' haven't you?...

Seen as I was labelled one by you yesterday.
(09 Mar 2016, 7:51 am)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]You've got a thing for labelling people 'tits' haven't you?...

Seen as I was labelled one by you yesterday.

How did you put it before deleting the post after a few people 'liked' my comment..? Oh yes - "if the shoe fits", haha. Big Grin

I'm pretty sure Davie wouldn't have taken the joke seriously - he never usually does.
(09 Mar 2016, 8:36 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]How did you put it before deleting the post after a few people 'liked' my comment..? Oh yes - "if the shoe fits", haha. Big Grin

I'm pretty sure Davie wouldn't have taken the joke seriously - he never usually does.

Because I have a little social anxiety problem, and when people comment things like that it just makes it a bit worse.

I fear speaking my mind in case of being 'shot down'
(09 Mar 2016, 8:36 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]How did you put it before deleting the post after a few people 'liked' my comment..? Oh yes - "if the shoe fits", haha. Big Grin

I'm not arsed what people call/ say about me.

(09 Mar 2016, 9:11 am)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]Because I have a little social anxiety problem, and when people comment things like that it just makes it a bit worse.

Just say what you want and don't care a less what people think.
I honestly dont care what people think of me, got other things to worry about.
(09 Mar 2016, 10:43 am)Davie wrote [ -> ]I'm not arsed what people call/ say about me.

(09 Mar 2016, 11:20 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]I honestly dont care what people think of me, got other things to worry about.

Unfortunately I think the ability not to care what others think of you is not something everyone can do. It's much easier to not speak about a person in a way to cause upset than it is for the subject to change their outlook. I don't think it's possible for many people to decide to not care anymore. 

As a casual observer who's probably not spoken to many of you in reality there certainly seems to be a lot of enthusiast politics! People are naturally not all going to enjoy each others company but it's never nessacary to take it to the next level with sly digs veiled as innocent comments.

Anyhoo, that got deep. Back to buses....
(09 Mar 2016, 11:20 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]I honestly dont care what people think of me, got other things to worry about.

It's not that easy for everyone though.

I know what I want to say, but I can't in fear of other people having a different opinion, and then conversation turns negative.

It's also quite hard for me to venture into different areas alone to take photos, in fear of someone saying something or challenging what I'm doing, which is why I usually try to side by someone.

I enjoy talking to people in person, but I can't express myself properly on social media for the reasons outlined above.
(09 Mar 2016, 12:33 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]It's not that easy for everyone though.

I know what I want to say, but I can't in fear of other people having a different opinion, and then conversation turns negative.

It's also quite hard for me to venture into different areas alone to take photos, in fear of someone saying something or challenging what I'm doing, which is why I usually try to side by someone.

I enjoy talking to people in person, but I can't express myself properly on social media for the reasons outlined above.

Maybe because I don't feel the need to integrate myself in to the community away from.the forum, then I don't have an issue expressing an opinion that is different to the masses.
Some people agree with my thoughts, others don't and if my opinions are pulled up (like eezypeazy did in the QCS thread), then I don't percieve it as a personal attack, even if the odd barbed comment is thrown in.
I can switch off and continue with my day to day life.
I would be more than happy shaking that persons hand and chatting should work ever bring me in to contact with them.

Maybe that is because I can easily split my life in to different segments, with their being clear boundaries between work, social life and chatting on here.
(09 Mar 2016, 11:34 am)James101 wrote [ -> ]Unfortunately I think the ability not to care what others think of you is not something everyone can do. It's much easier to not speak about a person in a way to cause upset than it is for the subject to change their outlook. I don't think it's possible for many people to decide to not care anymore. 

As a casual observer who's probably not spoken to many of you in reality there certainly seems to be a lot of enthusiast politics! People are naturally not all going to enjoy each others company but it's never nessacary to take it to the next level with sly digs veiled as innocent comments.

Anyhoo, that got deep. Back to buses....

(09 Mar 2016, 12:33 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]It's not that easy for everyone though.

Quite.

People need to treat each other with respect, really.

It's obvious that the "tit" exchange above was reciprocal and light hearted with (presumably) no offense intended or taken. It would be very different to say to someone "you're a tit" completely out of the blue without the self deprecating prompt as provided by Davie, though. That can rightly be perceived as just plain abusive.

Social media is a bit of a mixed bag for people who struggle socially in any way. On one hand, it provides a medium where you can "speak" in your own time without someone diving in before you've formulated your thoughts and found a way of expressing them. I can spend ages writing gibberish and deleting it again, before I finally come up with some gibberish that I'm happy to put my name to.

But then there are the problems that Lee struggles with. One being that other people find it easy to write whatever they want and that, in some cases, they do so behind the veil of a screen and might be more blunt or rude than they would ever dare be in real life. The other is the fact that when the words alone are being used as the means of communication, all those other social cues, such as facial expression and body language are missing. That's why you can't really get away with saying, for example, "you're such a tit" out of the blue. Without body language and facial expression, it's impossible to tell whether the intent is a fairly benign "you daft 'apeth" or something rather more sneery and derogatory.
(09 Mar 2016, 12:51 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Quite.

People need to treat each other with respect, really.

One being that other people find it easy to write whatever they want and that, in some cases, they do so behind the veil of a screen and might be more blunt or rude than they would ever dare be in real life.

Totally agree with those comments and can only summise that the comments we see on here or gestures when behind the window of a bus, wouldn't be replicated in a face to face situation.

There was discussion elsewhere about politics and cliques.
Pretty sad that what happened with an older generation of enthusiasts (and often much maligned) is replicated by younger ones.
(09 Mar 2016, 9:11 am)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]Because I have a little social anxiety problem, and when people comment things like that it just makes it a bit worse.

Oh the irony.

Remind me about when you made comments about me in a certain group chat? 
Remind me about when you publicly made comments about Dan? 

Just remember the bullshit that you spouted out, before making everyone feel sorry for you.

(09 Mar 2016, 2:28 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Oh the irony.

Just remember the bullshit that you spouted out, before making everyone feel sorry for you.
Am not having a pop at you guys or anything, but, can you take a step back and stop the bitching...

I am saying this in the best interests of the forum as a whole, it looks silly and can easy get out of hand...

If anyone has problems with each other then I will happily help sort those issues out of people put there faith in me...

I am only a PM away for anybody wanting some support

I dont want to blow my own trumpet too much, but your Uncle Mr Fozz is good at what he does when it comes to helping people [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
(09 Mar 2016, 2:28 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]Oh the irony.

But what provoked them comments?

It's a two way thing, I wouldn't just say things without being provoked.
(09 Mar 2016, 3:25 pm)LeeCalder wrote [ -> ]But what provoked them comments?

It's a two way thing, I wouldn't just say things without being provoked.
Think last night's comments may have been down to the fact that the original offending post was typed in a manner that made it look to be a fact rather than speculation and then the 'fact' was shown to be not true.
(09 Mar 2016, 3:31 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Think last night's comments may have been down to the fact that the original offending post was typed in a manner that made it look to be a fact rather than speculation and then the 'fact' was shown to be not true.

There was absalutly no need for me to be labelled a tit though, I could have been corrected, but instead the offending person went for a more 'I want a reaction' comment
(09 Mar 2016, 10:43 am)Davie wrote [ -> ]I'm not arsed what people call/ say about me.

It depends who says it for me.

I agree with what you've said.