North East Buses

Full Version: Anything and Everything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(24 Jun 2014, 8:53 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Are you sure? I thought it was in Brasside?
pretty sure the 64 still circles brasside.
(24 Jun 2014, 9:00 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]pretty sure the 64 still circles brasside.

Aye it does, but that's about a 30-35 minute walk from adventure valley though - 42 is about a 10-15 minute looking on google maps.
(24 Jun 2014, 9:04 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Aye it does, but that's about a 30-35 minute walk from adventure valley though - 42 is about a 10-15 minute looking on google maps.

Aye, the prison turning circle is the nearest stop.

On a different note - looking on satellite images of the area around adventure valley - it is amazing how many old railway lines there were that are still traceable.
(24 Jun 2014, 9:11 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Aye, the prison turning circle is the nearest stop.

On a different note - looking on satellite images of the area around adventure valley - it is amazing how many old railway lines there were that are still traceable.

I love walking along old railway lines - Tanfield is just incredibly nostalgic. Will have to plan something for during the holidays.
Thanks everyone so the 42 is the quickest.

I'll have a look at the timetable.
(24 Jun 2014, 9:11 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]On a different note - looking on satellite images of the area around adventure valley - it is amazing how many old railway lines there were that are still traceable.

Not just the area around Adventure Valley but County Durham in general contained lots of old railway lines which eventually fell into disuse for one reason or another.
(24 Jun 2014, 9:16 pm)Marcus wrote [ -> ]I love walking along old railway lines - Tanfield is just incredibly nostalgic. Will have to plan something for during the holidays.

Julia Bradbury did a series on TV about railway walks. BBC4/Yesterday often have it on repeat.

(24 Jun 2014, 9:25 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]Not just the area around Adventure Valley but County Durham in general contained lots of old railway lines which eventually fell into disuse for one reason or another.

There certainly was - what stands out about the area around Adventure Valley (to me anyway), are that the bridges over the Wear, the curves, the junctions with the ECML, the spurs to the Leamside Line and the line which left the Leamside Line by the P&R, being replaced by the section of dual carriage way between the A1 and the top of Claypath - are that they are all still visible in such a small area.
I've been to Brasside once, only because I'd been to the Arnison Centre and I was waiting for a bus then I saw the 7A displaying Darlington so I got on that, but it was actually heading to Brasside first.
(24 Jun 2014, 9:35 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]There certainly was - what stands out about the area around Adventure Valley (to me anyway), are that the bridges over the Wear, the curves, the junctions with the ECML, the spurs to the Leamside Line and the line which left the Leamside Line by the P&R, being replaced by the section of dual carriage way between the A1 and the top of Claypath - are that they are all still visible in such a small area.

It's places like Bishop Auckland and Consett which really interest me. Both towns could be considered genuine local 'junction towns' at one point with railways running to a variety of different destinations.
just to say exactly 6 months till christmas day
(25 Jun 2014, 6:01 am)danpick wrote [ -> ]just to say exactly 6 months till christmas day

Year is going to fast =0
Who was taking pictures of the buses parked up at back of the Wheatsheaf depot today at around 11:30am-12pm.

I said alright to him, he looked like he was 50/50 about saying alright back, as it looked like i was gonna say something else to him about taking pictures as i walked past, cause at that time, he had just took a few pictures.

I know some people can be dicks about seen people take pictures of buses, but If hes on here, i mean no harm!

=)
Think iv'e found who i said alright to earlier on!

Someone from Regional Bus Photos!
Was there anybody off here in Guisborough earlier? Somebody took my photo with 1450 about 1045 on a 5 Smile
Got on the 2C to The Galleries earlier on, and this Lass and her Boyfriend got on the Bus, Both have Problems but I couldn't help but Laugh Inside when the Lass asked for 2 to Sunderland as they stopped on at The Galleries as turned into the 2A, Rather waiting 10 Minutes for the 2C coming in the opposite Direction, here in exact English if you can even call it that, is what she said.

"Cangi I hadve twoog twoog Sungerwand" - Drivers Reply "The look you give someone when haven't understood what they have said..........could you repeat that" - "Cangi I hadve twoog twoog Sungerwand" - Drivers Reply is the same again - The Lass the asked for her Boyfriend to come down the Bus who in plain and simple says - "Two to Sunderland" - Driver Reply "Certainly while trying not to Laugh" - Meanwhile I trying best to hold my laugh in.

Honestly I felt sorry for the Driver, but I did think he handled the best he could as was very difficult to Understand what the Lass was saying.
I remember years ago a German sounding got on the 61 at Park Lane and asked

Passenger: Return to Me Lane please
Driver: Where is that
Passenger: I don't know, I vill know ven I see it...
Driver: Do you know the place where it is
Passenger: No, Just Me Lane

At this point the driver looked at a stage list and asked the guy to point out where he wanted to go...

Of all the places to go he was wanting the Mill Inn...Being easily amused, I laughed about it for months
Bottom Live hahaha

Miss Rik Mayall =(
Some great memories in this Chronicle article. I remember it all, bar Ratners and the Ritzy.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...up-6836005
Is anyone following @turnipheadpic on twitter?
There are some great photos from in or around Tyneside over the years.
Rolf Harris being found guilty of indecent assaults.

Here is the BBC, it shows u the chargers etc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28094561

Used to love Animal Hospital =(